What X-Men team would you use to fight these teams.

#1 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

The Justice League and the Avengers are known as two of the most powerful teams in comics and while some fans believe both teams can beat the X-Men. I don’t think that's true, if you choose the right X-Men team, there more likely beat both of these teams.. If you could choose an X-Men team, with any X-Men member two fight The Avengers and The Justice League, who would they be and why. You can use any X-Men member from the past or present. You can use any X-Men member from any of the X-Men teams. They will fight both the Justice League and The Avengers separately.

The Justice League

By David Finch

Added members/allies to Justice League

Hawkman

Hawkgirl

Martian Manhunter

Super girl

Power girl

Cyborg

Against the Justice League, you have a choice of 12 X-Men members .

The Avengers

Added members/ allies to the Avengers

Ms. Marvel

Scarlet Witch

She-Hulk

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman

Against the Avengers, you have a choice of 11 X-Men members.

The Avengers will have no X-Men members or Fantastic Four members.

I also have included the Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four Annual #32

Added members/allies

Franklin Richards

Against the Fantastic Four, you have a choice of 5 X-Men members. The X-Men will fight this team separately too.

What do you guys think and who would you use to fight these teams?. Which X-Men members would you use? I would be greatful for your views.

#2 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

The only advantage i'd give the X men is in TP otherwise they get stomped by the JLA the Avengers is a closer fight. Or Jean/Phoenix solo's both team,s.

#3 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

The only advantage i'd give the X men is in TP otherwise they get stomped by the JLA the Avengers is a closer fight. Or Jean/Phoenix solo's both team,s.

While I think Dark Pheonix could probley beat both teams solo. You can have X-Men characters team up against the Justice League. All the X-Men characters would be fully powererd eg Cable and X-Man. The biggest threat to the X-Men are Superman and Supergirl. Every other character can be beaten and they can be beaten quite easily.

Take look at Hawkman and Hawkgirl, most of there powers comes from Nth Metal, which grants them flight, healing and super strength. You could have Magneto and Polaris fight them, they can control metal. Then there characters like Power girl, who is vulnerable to magical and psionic attack etc.

I want people to think about it, you can use any X-Men characters.

#4 Edited by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

They can beat the Avengers and maybe also the JLA.

They just need to use the right mutants. And remember that most of the X-Men were also ex-criminals, and they were able to take entire teams alone. Using only the members alive, I'd use this team:

- Magneto: the Lord of Magnetism has managed a Celestial, he can cause serious damage. And if written good he can beat most of the Avengers alone.

- Emma Frost: the big advantage of the X-Men are the telepaths, and Emma Frost is currently their mainly telepath. She said that she could stop the entire Avengers team if Iron didn't constrain her in her diamond form, stopping her telepathy. And no one in the JLA has got telepathic defenses enough strong to stop her.

- Magik: she can just teleport everyone in the Limbo and there she can take most of the Avengers and JLA members. And Supes is vulnerable to magic while Thor, Scarlet and WW are magical creatures, so she can use the Soulsword to beat them. And her teleporting powers could be usefull also against Susan Storm's force fields since she can teleport inside of them. And she can use it also against MM since the sword can harm also intangible entities.

- Collosonaut: he's strong enough to beat Rulk. And if he uses the entire force of Cittorak he can compete with Supes and Thor. And he's immune to MM telepathy.

- Norhstar: they need a speedster and Northstar moves at 99% of light speed. I don't think that is enough to beat Flash but he can distract him.

- Danger: she has beaten the X-Men in a few minutes thanks to her powerful powers. And she has the ability to "animate" tecnology, so she can use this powers to turn Stark's armor against him.

- Hope Summers: she can duplicate mutant powers so she has everything that makes each members of my team strong. She's also a connection to the PF so she can use it to beat most of the teams. And she can also mimick Franklin Richards powers and use them against him.

- Namor: he's a beast. He's beaten Hulk many times and in the water there's no one that can beat him.

- Rachel Grey: she's a telepath, she's a telekinetic and she was a PF host. Rachel, Emma and Hope( she can mimick their powers) can combine their telepathic powers to become a strong and powerful mind and destroy most of the people in JLA and Avengers. And with prep-time Emma has destoyed Xavier so if she's got a little time she can destroy also MM.

- Wolverine: he's not the strongest but he has beaten so many characters stronger than him that I think he can take a lot of people here.

To beat the FF I'd use Hope, Danger, Magik, Collosonaut and Magneto.

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Veitha said:

They just need to use the right mutants. And remember that most of the X-Men were also ex-criminals, and they were able to take entire teams alone. Using only the members alive, I'd use this team:

- Magneto: the Lord of Magnetism has managed a Celestial, he can cause serious damage. And if written good he can beat most of the Avengers alone.

- Emma Frost: the big advantage of the X-Men are the telepaths, and Emma Frost is currently their mainly telepath. She said that she could stop the entire Avengers team if Iron didn't constrain her in her diamond form, stopping her telepathy. And no one in the JLA has got telepathic defenses enough strong to stop her.

- Magik: she can just teleport everyone in the Limbo and there she can take most of the Avengers and JLA members. And Supes is vulnerable to magic while Thor, Scarlet and WW are magical creatures, so she can use the Soulsword to beat them. And her teleporting powers could be usefull also against Susan Storm's force fields since she can teleport inside of them. And she can use it also against MM since the sword can harm also intangible entities.

- Collosonaut: he's strong enough to beat Rulk. And if he uses the entire force of Cittorak he can compete with Supes and Thor. And he's immune to MM telepathy.

- Norhstar: they need a speedster and Northstar moves at 99% of light speed. I don't think that is enough to beat Flash but he can distract him.

- Danger: she has beaten the X-Men in a few minutes thanks to her powerful powers. And she has the ability to "animate" tecnology, so she can use this powers to turn Stark's armor against him.

- Hope Summers: she can duplicate mutant powers so she has everything that makes each members of my team strong. She's also a connection to the PF so she can use it to beat most of the teams. And she can also mimick Franklin Richards powers and use them against him.

- Namor: he's a beast. He's beaten Hulk many times and in the water there's no one that can beat him.

- Rachel Grey: she's a telepath, she's a telekinetic and she was a PF host. Rachel, Emma and Hope( she can mimick their powers) can combine their telepathic powers to become a strong and powerful mind and destroy most of the people in JLA and Avengers. And with prep-time Emma has destoyed Xavier so if she's got a little time she can destroy also MM.

- Wolverine: he's not the strongest but he has beaten so many characters stronger than him that I think he can take a lot of people here.

This is based almost entirely on the slim chance that Superman doesn't speed blitz the living hell out of everyone on the X-Men team. Or Flash. Not to mention MM's telepathy > Emma's. 

The only X-Characters who have a chance against the league are those with plot-powers.
#6 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men against the Justice League

Here is mine (pretty rough idea)

Green Lantern against Rachel Grey and X-Man (Fully powered)

Aquaman against Namor & Colossus with Cyttorak

Batman against Wolverine

Wonder woman against Storm - I still think this will be a really tough match and I still think Storm can beat Wonder Woman though.

The flash against Psylocke, Psylocke has powerful telekinesis and telepathy abilities, so she should be able to stop the Flash

Martian Manhunter against Charles & Emma Frost

Hawkman, Hawkgirl & Cyborg against –Magneto & Polaris

Superman, Supergirl and Power girl against Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey). Superman is the biggest threat to Dark Phoenix but, I still think Jean can beat him

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Wonder woman against Storm - I still think this will be a really tough match and I still think Storm can beat Wonder Woman though.

The flash against Psylocke, Psylocke has powerful telekinesis and telepathy abilities, so she should be able to stop the Flash

Nope!
BB

#8 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@time said:

Nope!
BB

Telekinesis should stop super speed and Wonder Woman won't be able to beat Storm easily, even if she could and let's not forget, there are other X-Man characters that are still available fight.

Let's hear your views on the topic.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Veitha said:

This is based almost entirely on the slim chance that Superman doesn't speed blitz the living hell out of everyone on the X-Men team. Or Flash. Not to mention MM's telepathy > Emma's. The only X-Characters who have a chance against the league are those with plot-powers.

Superman may be able beat all the X-Men, but Dark Phoenix could beat all the Justice League. You got to look at the teams individually and see who can fight who.

#9 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

. Not to mention MM's telepathy > Emma's.

This is questionable. Howhever Emma is pretty good at defeating opponents stronger than her, exspecially if she's got preparation time. And she's beaten ALONE an entire team of skrull's telepaths strong enough to stop all the telepathic communicaton around the world... and she didn't have any prep time.

Aniway the team includes two telepaths( three if we consider Hope Summers) and they together can beat MM.@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This is based almost entirely on the slim chance that Superman doesn't speed blitz the living hell out of everyone on the X-Men team. Or Flash. The only X-Characters who have a chance against the league are those with plot-powers.

I put Northstar to stop Flash. He's not as fast as him but he can distract him for a lot of time, enough to prevent him to blitz my team.

And we have three telepaths and their powers act at the speed of a tought. And Magneto has stopped his son and Northstar a lot of times with his powers since he can perceive energy. And Magik teleporting powers react at the speed of a tought too while Danger can use her scanner to track him. If they want to stop a speedblitz they can stop a speedblitz.

@time said:

Wonderwoman would destroy Ororo.

And Psylocke couldn't stop Velocidad, what can she do against Flash??

#10 Posted by CheeseSticks (2475 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow nobody used Iceman ? He could solo most of these team member only by flash freeze.

#11 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League

Actually Wonder Woman got taken out by Storm in Marvel Versus DC

Superman - Jean Grey

Green Lantern - Magik

Batman - Cable

Martian Manhunter - Professor X

Cyborg - Magneto or Polaris

Wonder Woman - Storm(Because she's beaten her before)

Question Mark is really Flash - Maybe Quicksilver or the Scarlet Witch?

Avengers

Hulk - Psylocke (She could stop his heart)

Hawkeye - Kitty Pryde

Thor - Rachel Summers

Black Widow - Colossus

Captain America - Wolverine

Iron Man - Polaris

Ms Marvel - Magneto

Scarlet Witch - Jean Grey

She Hulk - Madrox

Spiderman - Siryn

Spider Woman - Danger

#12 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

. Not to mention MM's telepathy > Emma's.

This is questionable. Howhever Emma is pretty good at defeating opponents stronger than her, exspecially if she's got preparation time. And she's beaten ALONE an entire team of skrull's telepaths strong enough to stop all the telepathic communicaton around the world... and she didn't have any prep time.

Aniway the team includes two telepaths( three if we consider Hope Summers) and they together can beat MM.@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This is based almost entirely on the slim chance that Superman doesn't speed blitz the living hell out of everyone on the X-Men team. Or Flash. The only X-Characters who have a chance against the league are those with plot-powers.

I put Northstar to stop Flash. He's not as fast as him but he can distract him for a lot of time, enough to prevent him to blitz my team.

And we have three telepaths and their powers act at the speed of a tought. And Magneto has stopped his son and Northstar a lot of times with his powers since he can perceive energy. And Magik teleporting powers react at the speed of a tought too while Danger can use her scanner to track him. If they want to stop a speedblitz they can stop a speedblitz.

@time said:

Wonder Woman wouldn't destroy Storm. Storm has lighting bolts and tornadoes, as well as whirlwinds. Storm already beat Wonder Woman in the Marvel vs DC crossover. Psylocke is powerful telepath and she has powerful telekinesis too. She could use her telekinesis stop him from moving fast, she also can shield herself from his attacks by using a telekinetic shield. In the past Jean grey stop Quicksilver from moving fast and let not forget Quicksilver fought the Flash.

Let's say Wonder Woman and The Flash did beat Psylocke and Storm, there are still other X-Men characters to fight too.

Let's look up the other Match-ups

Green Lantern against Rachel Grey and X-Man (Fully powered) : Winner Rachel and X-Man

Aquaman against Namor & Colossus with Cyttorak : Winner: Namor and Colossus

Batman against Wolverine : Winner : Wolverine

Martian Manhunter against Charles & Emma Frost : Winner : Charles & Emma

Hawkman, Hawkgirl & Cyborg against Magneto & Polaris : Winner : Magneto & Polaris

Supergirl and Power girl against Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey) : Winner : Jean grey

Then Superman will fight Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey) and Dark Phoenix would win. It would be a long fight though.

That leaves the X-Men with 9 members left. They will be beat Wonder Woman and The Flash.

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@Billy Batson said:

@time said:

Nope!
BB

Telekinesis should stop super speed and Wonder Woman won't be able to beat Storm easily, even if she could and let's not forget, there are other X-Man characters that are still available fight.

Neither Psylocke's or Storm's reaction time or durability could handle a simple slap from Wonder Woman or the Flash.
BB

#14 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@time said:

@Billy Batson said:

@time said:

Nope!
BB

Neither Psylocke's or Storm's reaction time or durability could handle a simple slap from Wonder Woman or the Flash.
BB

You need to read the Marvel vs DC Crossover. Both DC characters can be defeated. Lets not forgot there are other X-Men characters for them to fight as well.

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@Billy Batson said:

@time said:

@Billy Batson said:

@time said:

Nope!
BB

BB

You need to read the Marvel vs DC Crossover. Both DC characters can be defeated. Lets not forgot there are other X-Men characters for them to fight as well.

You're telling me to read DC vs. Marvel?

That comic was horrendous and full of PIS.
BB

#17 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

The story was not great, but Storm did beat Wonder Woman.

Where your Matchs up. I supposed you think Wonder Woman could beat Namor & Colossus with Cyttorak and The Flash could beat Rachel Grey and X-Man or Emma and Charles.

#18 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@CheeseSticks said:

Wow nobody used Iceman ? He could solo most of these team member only by flash freeze.

What X-Men team would you use ?

#19 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@CheeseSticks said:

You're right, I forgot him.

So my team would definetely be: Magneto, Emma Frost, Ice-Man, Northstar, Namor, Collosonaut, Magik, Hope Summers, Rachel Grey, Wolverine.

I think that my team can beat the Avengers and with pre-time can beat the JLA.

@time said:

@Veitha said:

Wonder Woman wouldn't destroy Storm. Storm has lighting bolts and tornadoes, as well as whirlwinds. Storm already beat Wonder Woman in the Marvel vs DC crossover. Psylocke is powerful telepath and she has powerful telekinesis too. She could use her telekinesis stop him from moving fast, she also can shield herself from his attacks by using a telekinetic shield. In the past Jean grey stop Quicksilver from moving fast and let not forget Quicksilver fought the Flash.

Let's say Wonder Woman and The Flash did beat Psylocke and Storm, there are still other X-Men characters to fight too.

Green Lantern against Rachel Grey and X-Man (Fully powered) : Winner Rachel and X-Man

Hawkman, Hawkgirl & Cyborg against Magneto & Polaris : Winner : Magneto & Polaris

Then Superman will fight Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey) and Dark Phoenix would win. It would be a long fight though.

That leaves the X-Men with 9 members left. They will be beat Wonder Woman and The Flash.

And what does lightings and tornadoes can do to WW? Nothing, while she needs just to touch Storm to harm her. And Psylocke couldn't manage Velocidad, so she can't do anything to Flash You need a speedster do harm Flash.

And I don't undestand why you put them 1vs1 while this is a team fight.

#20 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

@CheeseSticks said:

So my team would definetely be: Magneto, Emma Frost, Ice-Man, Northstar, Namor, Collosonaut, Magik, Hope Summers, Rachel Grey, Wolverine.

@time said:

@Veitha said:

And what does lightings and tornadoes can do to WW? Nothing, while she needs just to touch Storm to harm her. And Psylocke couldn't manage Velocidad, so she can't do anything to Flash You need a speedster do harm Flash.

What can tornadoes do to Wonder Woman? Seriously your asking that.

This is what Storm can do and it's from the movie. Your telling me five tornadoes, wouldn't hurt Wonder Woman. One would hurt Wonder Woman.

At the end of day Wonder Woman wouldn't beat Storm easily.

Jean in the past Stop Quicksilver from running very quick, Psylocke can do the same to Flash and if she can't Rachel, X-Man or Magneto would. It is team fight, but I prefer the X-Men to take on Justice league individually.

#21 Edited by Greendevil (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. X-man
  2. Cable
  3. Rachel Grey
  4. Fantomex
  5. Magneto
  6. Colosonaut
  7. Namor
  8. Hope
  9. Quicksilver
  10. Magic
  11. Northstar
  12. Iceman

Flash will be the biggest problem for the X-men. Hope should be the biggest problem for the rest

#22 Posted by poisonfleur (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

X-Men against the Justice League

Here is mine (pretty rough idea)

Green Lantern against Rachel Grey and X-Man (Fully powered)

Aquaman against Namor & Colossus with Cyttorak

Batman against Wolverine

Martian Manhunter against Charles & Emma Frost

Hawkman, Hawkgirl & Cyborg against –Magneto & Polaris

Superman, Supergirl and Power girl against Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey). Superman is the biggest threat to Dark Phoenix but, I still think Jean can beat him

Lol I love how Storm actually beat Wonder Woman last time they fought. ;P

I know a lot of haters will have me burned for bringing this up.

And Psylocke almost brought down Quicksilver if Red hulk hadn't stepped in. Seriously though, the sheer number of telepaths and power mimics + the wildcard Phoenix could give any team a run for their money. Just as long as both as nobody invents some silly power disabling device or something... :/

I hate the overuse of technology in comics-- it takes the fun out of things.

#23 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some heavy hitters on all those teams, Could it be safe to say I could include a couple omega levels? I'd say cyke collossus ice man rogue x-man Vulcan Elixer mags King Namor phoenix jean grey??(or non Phoenix) Quicksilver and the witch? I think that would be an easy mutant win Or should I be more practical with choices

#24 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@Veitha said:

@CheeseSticks said:

@time said:

@Veitha said:

What can tornadoes do to Wonder Woman? Seriously your asking that.

This is what Storm can do and it's from the movie. Your telling me five tornadoes, wouldn't hurt Wonder Woman. One would hurt Wonder Woman.

At the end of day Wonder Woman wouldn't beat Storm easily.

Jean in the past Stop Quicksilver from running very quick, Psylocke can do the same to Flash and if she can't Rachel, X-Man or Magneto would. It is team fight, but I prefer the X-Men to take on Justice league individually.

Wonder woman could just avoid those tornadoes and she's fought people far stronger than Storm. She has just to speed blitz her.

Jean isn't Psylocke and Psylocke isn't Jean. If Jean has stopped Quicksilver ( that is far slower than Flash, Northastar and Aurora are the only mutants that could at least approach his speed) that doesn't mean that Psylocke can do the same thing. She hasn't got the same level of TK that Jean has and she, as I said a lot of times, wasn't able to stop Velocidad so she can't even think to stop Flash.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.