What X-Men costumes are your favourite---or not your favourite?

#1 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men characters have gone through a lot of looks and I'm just curious as to what you favourites are. Or are there others you're not a fan of? Any time, any universe, any costume.

I love Rogue's Age of X outfit. Hands down my favourite at the moment.

#2 Posted by time (5048 posts) - - Show Bio
Best Rogue costume ever
#3 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre: AoX had some really good costumes, i dig Gambit's AoX outfit.

#4 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Best Rogue costume ever

You can never top the original, i still like Gambit's old outfit. But Rogue did know how to rock the Green and Yellow.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on the character mostly, but here is my summed up list.

I hated the new X-Men costumes especially Beast cowardly lion mutation "I know it happened in X-Treme, but still". I did sorta like Emma's outfit or lack there of.

I love all of the 2nd generation X-Men's costumes except Thunderbird and Sunfires's "Butterfly mask kills it"

I love the Rouge' 90's look best out of Jim Lee's work, but they were all awesome

Lastly Storm's costume with the leggings not thigh highs.

#6 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Archangel Outfits are pretty cool. As Angel or Archangel.

#7 Posted by Rickbarry (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a pretty big fan of Age of Apocalypse Kitty. Until she became roadkill and whatnot.

#8 Posted by RoboShark (1273 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Best Rogue costume ever

This and jeans green phoenix outfit comes in a close 2nd

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from several outfits worn in alternate realities, the X-Men are some of the most ridiculously dressed characters in their universe.......and they share a universe with a guy who dresses like a human flag and a guy who just wears purple shorts

#11 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Aside from several outfits worn in alternate realities, the X-Men are some of the most ridiculously dressed characters in their universe.......and they share a universe with a guy who dresses like a human flag and a guy who just wears purple shorts

I don't think the X-Men are the most ridiculously dressed characters in the Marvel U!!

#12 Posted by jonnystorm777 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambits costume has always been awesome. I like nightcrawlers also.

#13 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonnystorm777 said:

Gambits costume has always been awesome. I like nightcrawlers also.

True, but i wonder for his solo what costume is Mann going to create?

#14 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio
I just love the white phoenix costume
#15 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yasiiii4 said:

I just love the white phoenix costume

That is a beautiful costume.

#16 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated the new x-men costumes

#17 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish gambit would get rid of that dumb jacket

#18 Posted by ladymastermind (96 posts) - - Show Bio

storm's first costume looked wwaaayy to much like a swimsuit,her 90's costume was cool. all of nightcrawler's costumes were sexy. cyk's new costume is TERRIBLE. so is shadowcat's.

#19 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher said:

I wish gambit would get rid of that dumb jacket

Hey the jackets is iconic.

#20 Posted by herobook101 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Enigmatri (28 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3584 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite looks are the uniforms in general. I really like the classic look with the masks, but think the Generation Next Age of Apocalypse looks were a good way to update them. They really tie the group together, and I think it sets the X-Men apart from a standard group of super humans like The Avengers.

The 90's uniform was cool, as well.

#23 Posted by Enigmatri (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides said:

My favorite looks are the uniforms in general. I really like the classic look with the masks, but think the Generation Next Age of Apocalypse looks were a good way to update them. They really tie the group together, and I think it sets the X-Men apart from a standard group of super humans like The Avengers.

The 90's uniform was cool, as well.

X-Men costume wise look more like a team than the Avengers to be fairly honest. Shows by the pictures.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.