Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What X-Film You Think Marvel Should Re-do?

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
    MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What X-Film You Think Marvel Should Re-do? (32 votes)

X-Men 13%
    X2 0%
    X Men: The Last Stand 78%
    X-Men: First Class 9%

What you guys think?

• 
    Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Wouldn't it be better to just do something new?

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yes, but redoing a movie would not be harmful too after how Brian made X3 the worst film in the X-Men trilogy.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

yes screw a redo, they are what they are if marvel can ever make an X men movie just start fresh

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yes, but redoing a movie would not be harmful too after how Brian made X3 the worst film in the X-Men trilogy.

Brian Singer had nothing to do with X-Men 3, in fact it came out the way it did because he left in mid production and Fox had to find a replacement on short notice.....eventually winding up with Ratner. I kind of wish people would do some research before posting.

X-Men 3 isn't that bad....c'mon people, grow up. Go see Catwoman or Batman and Robin turned out and see what a comic book film disaster can really look like

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

X-Men wasn't that bad, it had a lot of action in it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By batmannflash

I chose X-Men: First Class because it just broke the whole continuity of the films. It's a great standalone film though, but since it's tying in to X-Men: Days of Future Past, I wish they would have had a different roster and not mess with a lot of things.

Sukislide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

X-men, X-2 & X-men: Last Stand: those were terrible redo all.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

X-Men: The Last Stand. I think the loss of Singer just made it more difficult to continue the story arc that was roughly established in the first two and the creative direction suffered for it.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sukislide: There where not all terrible.It just that same did better than others.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them except first class.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

X-Men Last Stand since I want to see a better story being done with the Dark Phoenix Saga than what we got with Last Stand.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Jean will come back. It's just a matter of when and how. They're trying to figure out how not to screw it up. Get Whedon to do it. He's good at bringing back people from the dead.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@mistressoftheelements: I voted for The Last Stand because it was the only one I thought wasn't good.

But, honestly, at this point I'd rather see them do something new than try to fix that train wreck. Either keep on with the story started in First Class (which I think could be interesting as it changes the story right from the beginning, establishing a distinct character dynamic from the comics version) or just start from scratch to be more like the comics; either of those would interest me more than a remake of the worst X-men movie.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By lorex

I would vote to scrap them all and start over with the original 5 and the Professor and go from there. I just think Fox is throwing stuff on the screen to see what sticks with no plan for the X-Men. Of course I really want the movie rights to go back to Marvel/Disney because I think Fox just treats the X-Men as a piggy bank they can get some money from every few years while Marvel would want to treat the material more seriously to protect their intellectual property and have a plan of some sort for production.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh, I misread the question: What X-film do I think Marvel should re-do?

I think if/when Marvel gets the rights back they should just start from scratch and try to do the story more like it happened in the comics. Obviously, they'd probably want to update a few things and omit some other things from the comics version, but I think the characters and concepts will be established enough by then to really do the source material justice in their own cinematic universe.

I feel pretty confident that someday people will regard the Fox X-men the same way comic fans think of the Ultimate X-men: as an interesting alternate version of the characters. For now, I think Fox is off to a good start with that in First Class so I'd rather see them continue from there.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@mistressoftheelements: I voted for The Last Stand because it was the only one I thought wasn't good.

But, honestly, at this point I'd rather see them do something new than try to fix that train wreck. Either keep on with the story started in First Class (which I think could be interesting as it changes the story right from the beginning, establishing a distinct character dynamic from the comics version) or just start from scratch to be more like the comics; either of those would interest me more than a remake of the worst X-men movie.

I agree. Even though I voted for Last Stand, I would rather have it where Fox just reboots the entire franchise so that way, we can have more stories that are either faithful to the comics or actually have a good story for the characters. I actually did like the idea that Fox was trying to reboot the X-Men universe with First Class, but then things got complicated when Days of Future Past is going to be an attempt to fix the universe as a whole.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. Even though I voted for Last Stand, I would rather have it where Fox just reboots the entire franchise so that way, we can have more stories that are either faithful to the comics or actually have a good story for the characters. I actually did like the idea that Fox was trying to reboot the X-Men universe with First Class, but then things got complicated when Days of Future Past is going to be an attempt to fix the universe as a whole.

it could still be good. First Class was good.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the first X-Men was redone then doesn't that discredit all prequels and sequels?

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Marvel got the rights for X-Men I say they should just start from scratch. I like whoeversaidit's idea of treating Fox's version as a alternate universe type thingy. Maybe even a small shout out to it in the Marvel version. Maybe in the Marvel version there's a autistic kid & the Fox version took place in his imagination. (major geek points for anyone that catches that refrence)

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#20  Edited By amutant

X-Men Last Stand. It's as much of an abomination as Spider-Man 3 was.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

If Marvel got the rights for X-Men I say they should just start from scratch. I like whoeversaidit's idea of treating Fox's version as a alternate universe type thingy. Maybe even a small shout out to it in the Marvel version. Maybe in the Marvel version there's a autistic kid & the Fox version took place in his imagination. (major geek points for anyone that catches that refrence)

aw, now I'm wishing that my handle was Whoeversaidit; that's great!

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't redo any of them, I'd reboot the entire franchise.

If forced though... I'd say do First Class over. As bad as X3 was, you can still build off of it and fix it's mistakes, whereas w/ First Class you've just got a huge mess of continuity issues.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

If forced though... I'd say do First Class over. As bad as X3 was, you can still build off of it and fix it's mistakes, whereas w/ First Class you've just got a huge mess of continuity issues.

only if you think of it in relation to any other X-men story, which there's really no reason to do.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CTG

@ctg said:

only if you think of it in relation to any other X-men story, which there's really no reason to do.

I'm not even referring to the story. Stories are changed all the time for movies - it's more about characters used outside of the time period they existed. Emma, Havok, etc. IMO that screws things up way more than X3 did.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ctg said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ctg said:

I'm not even referring to the story. Stories are changed all the time for movies - it's more about characters used outside of the time period they existed. Emma, Havok, etc. IMO that screws things up way more than X3 did.

but in that story, that is the time period they existed in.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ctg said:

Now THAT's changing the story too much. Plotlines are one thing, but haven't characters existing in an era where they weren't even born yet... nah.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Now THAT's changing the story too much. Plotlines are one thing, but haven't characters existing in an era where they weren't even born yet... nah.

I feel like you don't understand what I'm saying, which is: in that version of the story, obviously they were already born.

Like how in the marvel 1602 series http://www.comicvine.com/marvel-1602/4050-10946/ , the characters were born in the 1500's. It's just a different version, I don't think that in itself makes it better or worse; it's still a good story.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X3 was the worst, but I wouldn't want them to just make a movie about Dark Phoenix without a couple movies beforehand so we care about the cast of characters.

I wouldn't mind them just making a reboot trilogy with a new cast. But, DOFP is coming out, so any reboots would have to be in the far future.

Avatar image for bewilderingbeing
    BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BewilderingBeing

*cringes* there were definitely things that were cool about that film but to me I don't see how you can call something First class when they were not the first class. This is no different than making "Wolverine: Origins" and nothing at all being remotely accurate about his origins. I mean really, the only person who belonged in First Class with the exception of Magneto and Prof X was Beast! And they turned him into a teletubby!. The other characters weren't even introduced to the franchise decades later. Angel Salvatore or whatever her name is wasn't even introduced until 2001! Yet she is apart of the first group?!

Further proof flashy CGI wins over story for most people. But yeah each and every one needs a total reboot IMO including first class.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@bewilderingbeing said:

@avenger85 said:

*cringes* there were definitely things that were cool about that film but to me I don't see how you can call something First class when they were not the first class. This is no different than making "Wolverine: Origins" and nothing at all being remotely accurate about his origins. I mean really, the only person who belonged in First Class with the exception of Magneto and Prof X was Beast! And they turned him into a teletubby!. The other characters weren't even introduced to the franchise decades later. Angel Salvatore or whatever her name is wasn't even introduced until 2001! Yet she is apart of the first group?!

Further proof flashy CGI wins over story for most people. But yeah each and every one needs a total reboot IMO including first class.

just because it wasn't the story you wanted to see doesn't make it a bad story.

BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bewilderingbeing said:

@avenger85 said:

just because it wasn't the story you wanted to see doesn't make it a bad story.

You really missed the point entirely huh? If I make a movie and call it Romeo and Juliet but you go see the movie and Romeo is actually in love with some random woman, Juliet does not even know Romeo, never falls in love with him, etc.

Then it is not really Romeo and Juilet! Does not matter if the story is good or not

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really missed the point entirely huh? If I make a movie and call it Romeo and Juliet but you go see the movie and Romeo is actually in love with some random woman, Juliet does not even know Romeo, never falls in love with him, etc.

Then it is not really Romeo and Juilet! Does not matter if the story is good or not

But X-men: First Class is about the first team of X-men that Xavier assembles. Just because it's not the same story as what happened in the comics doesn't make any less accurate as a title.

BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bewilderingbeing said:

But X-men: First Class is about the first team of X-men that Xavier assembles. Just because it's not the same story as what happened in the comics doesn't make any less accurate as a title.

Exactly. That isn't what happened now is it? The story can be different but not who is in it otherwise it isn't even remotely the same

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@bewilderingbeing said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Exactly. That isn't what happened now is it? The story can be different but not who is in it otherwise it isn't even remotely the same

wait, do you mean that isn't what happened in that movie?

'cause I watched it like three times, and I'm positive that's what happens in it.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ummmmmmmmmm how about ALL

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormchild1997: Let's not be silly darling...

X2 was a really great film! Bryan Singer's sequel to the mutant-based saga is more in-depth and captivating than its predecessors. The film does well in blending in the excessive star-power in its cast while also developing a well-articulate plot. Its action sequences as well as its emotional sequences delivers to keep the audiences in wonder and awe.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormchild1997: Let's not be silly darling...

X2 was a really great film! Bryan Singer's sequel to the mutant-based saga is more in-depth and captivating than its predecessors. The film does well in blending in the excessive star-power in its cast while also developing a well-articulate plot. Its action sequences as well as its emotional sequences delivers to keep the audiences in wonder and awe.

:P *storm from the 90's voice* yes i see clearly now lol , your right tho

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see the analogy here but its not very effective when you are talking about comic book films......Nearly no comic movie has an 100% accurate adaption.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

X2 was actually the best of the stories/films in my opinion with 1st class coming in second. Xmen and X3 should be out. But I would vote for a total redo like the Batman franchise had

BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bewilderingbeing said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

'cause I watched it like three times, and I'm positive that's what happens in it.

That wasn't the first team.. that was a random team that actually in the marvel universe are apart of different timelines. Everyone knows the first team is Angel, Beast, Jean, Cyclops, and Iceman PERIOD

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler said:

@bewilderingbeing said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

That wasn't the first team.. that was a random team that actually in the marvel universe are apart of different timelines. Everyone knows the first team is Angel, Beast, Jean, Cyclops, and Iceman PERIOD

In the comics it is. In the movie the first team was Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok, and Banshee.

Then again, I read another comic where the first team was Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Iceman, and Colossus. I don't think it makes a great deal of difference as long as the story's good.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd reboot all of them, but X-3 was just the worse of a bland series.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wouldn't it be better to just do something new?

Yes. This. Exactly.

BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BewilderingBeing

@oldnightcrawler said:

@bewilderingbeing said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@bewilderingbeing said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

In the comics it is. In the movie the first team was Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok, and Banshee.

Then again, I read another comic where the first team was Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Iceman, and Colossus. I don't think it makes a great deal of difference as long as the story's good.

Dude it makes a HUGE difference. "Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and technically Mystique" they were the first villains the original brother hood of Evil Mutants.. not sure where you getting your information from. This (below) is the first class. Do these look like the same characters to you? It's one thing if this was written recently, but this is over 60 years old!

In that film, half of the original villains were part of the original team! That seems right to you? LOL. If you want to create an original X-men film hey that's great, but don't call it something its not. That's all i'm saying

No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By MakkyD

oh, I misread the question: What X-film do I think Marvel should re-do?

I think if/when Marvel gets the rights back they should just start from scratch and try to do the story more like it happened in the comics. Obviously, they'd probably want to update a few things and omit some other things from the comics version, but I think the characters and concepts will be established enough by then to really do the source material justice in their own cinematic universe.

I feel pretty confident that someday people will regard the Fox X-men the same way comic fans think of the Ultimate X-men: as an interesting alternate version of the characters. For now, I think Fox is off to a good start with that in First Class so I'd rather see them continue from there.

They would have to deal with SHIELD and co dealing with "hey, where the hell did all these mutants come from?!".

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#46  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.