What would you like to see changed with Marvel NOW?

• 93 results
#1 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men have a particularly convoluted mythos. When the "not-quite-a-reboot" of Marvel NOW changes the Marvel universe, what would you like to see changed? I personally would like to see the return of Banshee. He has potential as a bad-a$$ leader and foil to serious types like Storm and Cyclops (if he's still alive). Of course this would be in direct conflict with X-Factor, seeing as Banshee's death was a very important event in his daughter's (the book's female lead) life. Bringing him back would be counter-productive to X-Factor. This would also make Sean a grandfather, even though he's usually portrayed in his early 30's. This is why I propose that Syrin should be reinvented as a mutant with similar powers to banshee, instead of his daughter. Or X-Factor could suddenly exist out of mainstream continuity. I would also like to see a relationship between Storm and Wolverine, except the first arcs of Marvel NOW should take place six months after they start their relationship. That's basically it.

#2 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men TAS line-up.

#3 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

X-Men TAS line-up.

Nice. I myself would like Xavier to take the reins of mutantkind, and for there to only be 8-12 people at the mansion.

#4 Posted by xtremexfan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Emma run off with Namor. I want Emma to find out she's pregnant with Scott's child, and keep it secret from him for a while. I want Storm to start an affair with Scott. Magneto should hook up with Betsy.

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8740 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to start writing Thor as an actual god.

#6 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23: Siryn could also be reinvented as Banshee's baby sister!

#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (10323 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering I read any of it? Oh, I dunno..

• Consistent writing.
  • Good writing.
  • Consistently good writing.
  • Less crappy events, crossovers too.
  • Characters getting written well.
  • For the PF to make absolutely no more appearances, and for Jean to be free of any and all relationships for at least 10(ish) issues.
#8 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the X-men to change their leader. Too much of Cyclops already. I'm border-line wanting him to be killed off. As the new leader, i think Nightcrawler could be a great choice. Him or Beast.

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Colossus become more independent in Marvel NOW. It seems like he's been stale for the past few years, so seeing him actually taking charge would be a nice change for him.  I would also like to see more of his relationship with Magik in Marvel NOW.

#10 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

a good black panther series by jonathan hickman and avengers.

#11 Posted by pwnda (59 posts) - - Show Bio

An adult Franklin Richards series with herald galactus

#12 Edited by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Nightcrawler, Banshee, and Thunderbird back from the dead (Thunderbird could be written so well with the right writer!) I want Sunfire to return as a villain towards the X-Men! I want Magneto to take Toad, Erg, Litterbug, Dragoness, Scalphunter, Avalanche, Lorelei Travis, Bliss, Masque, Empath, and Stacy X and form a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with intentions of changing the world into their views. I want Cyclops dead with Storm taking over leadership forming a close relationship with Logan! I want the school to be closed and instead have a rotating roster of X-Men (like in the good ole days) with an "X-Men-in-Training" team (which includes Broo, Kid Gladiator, Glob Herman, Quentin Qurie, Oya, Cipher, Graymalkin, Ernst, and No-Girl). I want Sage back from whatever rock that stupid Exiles writer left her on! I want Hepzibah and Warpath to join X-Force. I want the Phoenix Force to go find a planet to inhabit and stay there! I want Jean Grey to be honored in death, not pulled in every which way like Marvel's rag-doll! I want Havok and Polaris to leave X-Factor and have their own solo book together focusing on them. I want Colossus to grow his hair back and to get rid of any extra-crap that is inhabiting his body. I want Forge to be revealed alive and plotting to kill the X-Men somehow. I want Lila Cheney to come back from whatever limbo universe she's stuck in. I want the X-Students (Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, Pixie, Loa, Rockslide, Anole, Dust, Elixir, X-23, Armor, Mercury, Match, Trance, Bling, Gentle, Blindfold, and Indra) to branch off from the X-Men and have their own book! I want Rogue and Gambit back together. I want Chamber and Husk to restart their old Generation X relationship. I want Professor Xavier to take over the mansion and do what he does best... sit in his chair!! I want Hope to die. I want all of the Five Lights to disappear and never be found. I want Storm to divorce Black Panther. I want a AoA Nightcrawler and 616 Nightcrawler team-up! I want Dazzler to ditch this new "Xtreme X-Men" book and have a book on her "Street Team" that she was supposed to have with teammates Boom Boom and Lifeguard!! I want Danger to fool around with Warlock and short-circuit! I want Dani Moonstar to take a "second-in-command" role next to Storm! I want Emma Frost out of the X-Men's lives. I want Namor out of the X-Men's lives even more!! I want Magik to turn evil. I want Wolfsbane's baby to be found and loved already! I want Northstar to die at the hands of his husband who was actually a sleeper agent hired by a secret government hunting down the members of Alpha Flight. I want Wolverine to have less cameos. I want Karma to turn evil and become the Shadow King's ward. I want Archangel back the way he was (pre-Life seed... even though it was a great story). I want Evan to realize that he's a clone of a clone and turn evil and hunt down Fantomex (if he's still alive). I want Feral to return from the dead already and to meet up with her sister, Thornn, and become hired assassins. I want the Children of the Vault to return with intentions to hunt down Indra. I want Kitty and Colossus back together again. I want no more space adventures. I want Petra and Sway to return from the dead. I want Jubilee to return back to normal and be a supporting X-Men member. I want the X-Men to be X-Men!! I want my "wants" to be answered. And believe me... I have more requests.

#13 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

Do an official reboot. I would want the original X-Men to arrive and set off a chain reaction where all of Marvel's history re-sets. They tried it once but they messed up by separating the X-Men from the pocket universe the other heroes were in. This time, officially change and update everything.

No more crappy back stories, keep the good parts of history but subtly change them and stop putting Wolverine everywhere. Marvel should look at DC's the New 52 for an example of how to do it right.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

I want Nightcrawler, Banshee, and Thunderbird back from the dead (Thunderbird could be written so well with the right writer!) I want Sunfire to return as a villain towards the X-Men! I want Magneto to take Toad, Erg, Litterbug, Dragoness, Scalphunter, Avalanche, Lorelei Travis, Bliss, Masque, Empath, and Stacy X and form a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with intentions of changing the world into their views. I want Cyclops dead with Storm taking over leadership forming a close relationship with Logan! I want the school to be closed and instead have a rotating roster of X-Men (like in the good ole days) with an "X-Men-in-Training" team (which includes Broo, Kid Gladiator, Glob Herman, Quentin Qurie, Oya, Cipher, Graymalkin, Ernst, and No-Girl). I want Sage back from whatever rock that stupid Exiles writer left her on! I want Hepzibah and Warpath to join X-Force. I want the Phoenix Force to go find a planet to inhabit and stay there! I want Jean Grey to be honored in death, not pulled in every which way like Marvel's rag-doll! I want Havok and Polaris to leave X-Factor and have their own solo book together focusing on them. I want Colossus to grow his hair back and to get rid of any extra-crap that is inhabiting his body. I want Forge to be revealed alive and plotting to kill the X-Men somehow. I want Lila Cheney to come back from whatever limbo universe she's stuck in. I want the X-Students (Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, Pixie, Loa, Rockslide, Anole, Dust, Elixir, X-23, Armor, Mercury, Match, Trance, Bling, Gentle, Blindfold, and Indra) to branch off from the X-Men and have their own book! I want Rogue and Gambit back together. I want Chamber and Husk to restart their old Generation X relationship. I want Professor Xavier to take over the mansion and do what he does best... sit in his chair!! I want Hope to die. I want all of the Five Lights to disappear and never be found. I want Storm to divorce Black Panther. I want a AoA Nightcrawler and 616 Nightcrawler team-up! I want Dazzler to ditch this new "Xtreme X-Men" book and have a book on her "Street Team" that she was supposed to have with teammates Boom Boom and Lifeguard!! I want Danger to fool around with Warlock and short-circuit! I want Dani Moonstar to take a "second-in-command" role next to Storm! I want Emma Frost out of the X-Men's lives. I want Namor out of the X-Men's lives even more!! I want Magik to turn evil. I want Wolfsbane's baby to be found and loved already! I want Northstar to die at the hands of his husband who was actually a sleeper agent hired by a secret government hunting down the members of Alpha Flight. I want Wolverine to have less cameos. I want Karma to turn evil and become the Shadow King's ward. I want Archangel back the way he was (pre-Life seed... even though it was a great story). I want Evan to realize that he's a clone of a clone and turn evil and hunt down Fantomex (if he's still alive). I want Feral to return from the dead already and to meet up with her sister, Thornn, and become hired assassins. I want the Children of the Vault to return with intentions to hunt down Indra. I want Kitty and Colossus back together again. I want no more space adventures. I want Petra and Sway to return from the dead. I want Jubilee to return back to normal and be a supporting X-Men member. I want the X-Men to be X-Men!! I want my "wants" to be answered. And believe me... I have more requests.

Definitely all of this!!!
#15 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest urk is Deadpool. Either tone him down a hell of alot, or make him moire serious than funny. Would like to see The Sentry brought back in the right way with the right creative team behind him. That is all I've got for now.

#16 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

Definitely all of this!!!

And I still have more...

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see an entirely new editorial staff at Marvel that is actually qualified to do their job.

#18 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: To be fair, not everyone is so bad. It's just the most powerful/most vocal ones. I'm ready for Quesada's grip to be loosened as I think Axel Alonso is a good EIC. He actually admits mistakes, for one. Stephen Wacker is good at his job, and as far as I can tell Nick Lowe is okay at his.

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Do an official reboot. I would want the original X-Men to arrive and set off a chain reaction where all of Marvel's history re-sets. They tried it once but they messed up by separating the X-Men from the pocket universe the other heroes were in. This time, officially change and update everything.

No more crappy back stories, keep the good parts of history but subtly change them and stop putting Wolverine everywhere. Marvel should look at DC's the New 52 for an example of how to do it right.

I agree! I want Marvel to at least try to keep the characters' past histories the same instead of updating it constantly to the point where everything gets so confusing.

@joshmightbe said:

I'd like to see an entirely new editorial staff at Marvel that is actually qualified to do their job.

I agree! I want an editorial staff that actually cares about the characters and the stories involved.
#20 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtremexfan said:

I want to see Emma run off with Namor. I want Emma to find out she's pregnant with Scott's child, and keep it secret from him for a while. I want Storm to start an affair with Scott. Magneto should hook up with Betsy.

..............I thought we were getting into Marvel NOW in order to ESCAPE mega catastrophes?

#21 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Return Jubilee her powers and have her and Chamber and some other mutants form a team that travels around the world and do whatever the **** they want to do. ;P

But really... give Jubilee her powers back.

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Mario (Papad) already mentioned, all i'm asking is for a teen-X-Book right now, Marvel. That is all.

#23 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I want more Storm

More Black Panther

More Polaris

More Scarlet Witch

More Wiccan

AND BRING BACK BROTHER VOODOO

#24 Posted by DraketheSlaughter (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23: I agree with this i also agree with a relationship between Storm and Wolverine you think Mystique can a part of the relationship. @Rabbitearsblog: I damn agree with this @papad1992: I agree with all of this @xtremexfan:Noooo....please no Emma and Namor he need to Die and go a way bring in his cousin. Hell no Storm and don't need to anything with Scott. Also another Hell no dont belong to with Psylocke Magneto it's bad enough he still with Rogue he sure as hell dont need to be with Her. O__O I want to buld respect for Hellion so can be a Badass so let Hellion have a sole story have Magneto treaching him about his power's more also give him all the power of the Phoenix but above all else turn him Evil not a push over ether or a whiner. And i want Spider-Man be married & have kid's with ether 1 or 2 from the list but just me #1 Carl Danvers #2 Sliver Sable #3 Spider-Women #4 She Hulk or Highly unlikely #5 Black Cat.

#25 Edited by God_Spawn (37369 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@xtremexfan said:

..............I thought we were getting into Marvel NOW in order to ESCAPE mega catastrophes?

I'd read AvX over that any day. Hell, I'd take Fraction's run over that idea.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (15182 posts) - - Show Bio

An Ororo Munroe ongoing solo comics

Storm leading the X-men

Storm and Wolverine Wedding

#27 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Reilly

#28 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@White Mage said:

@xtremexfan said:

I'd read AvX over that any day. Hell, I'd take Fraction's run over that idea.

I'd sell Storm to BET and give her movie rights to Beyonce before I let that happen..........Now ya'll know just how badly I DO NOT want that to happen.

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37369 posts) - - Show Bio

Just give me Emma and Cykes alive in Marvel now and at least on good terms (preferably still together) and I'd storm the rest at this point. Aside from Gillen, UXF and I guess Wood's take, it isn't like the X-Men can get trashed any further with this sh*thole of an event. Favorites have become background characters and the leading characters just can't have stable writing.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by God_Spawn (37369 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage:

I'd sell Storm to BET and give her movie rights to Beyonce before I let that happen..........Now ya'll know just how badly I DO NOT want that to happen.

Quite frankly, I don't lol. We haven't ever really talked much or encountered each other that often for me to know the extent of your hates and likes.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

Just give me Emma and Cykes alive in Marvel now and at least on good terms (preferably still together) and I'd storm the rest at this point. Aside from Gillen, UXF and I guess Wood's take, it isn't like the X-Men can get trashed any further with this sh*thole of an event. Favorites have become background characters and the leading characters just can't have stable writing.

I agree with this. I hope that all the characters in Marvel NOW will be written better.
#32 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I want at least one team of characters as awesome as the Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Men. Preferably a new Fantastic Four line-up with She-Hulk.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@god_spawn said:

I agree with this. I hope that all the characters in Marvel NOW will be written better.

With a fresh start, I'd hate to see how they f*ck it up.

Moderator Online
#34 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@White Mage:

Quite frankly, I don't lol. We haven't ever really talked much or encountered each other that often for me to know the extent of your hates and likes.

....................which is weird...........because I've seen you around for like........ever.........we're old.........you're old.........and you're post count is ridiculous

#35 Posted by DraketheSlaughter (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Also more Badass villain's bring back Apocalypse make badder then ever Annihilus to make Galactus more a Boss enhance all the Cosmic, Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, The Avenger's, Thor, Daredevil, Deadpool, X-Men, And many more villain's put great writer's on there Story's & Bring back the original Omega Red.

#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37369 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: I don't venture in the Storm forums or threads all that often. Maybe that is the reason? And weren't you on like a long a hiatus or something for awhile too?

Moderator Online
#37 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@White Mage: I don't venture in the Storm forums or threads all that often. Maybe that is the reason? And weren't you on like a long a hiatus or something for awhile too?

1. That could be part of the reason

2. Naw.........it wasn't that long............I just retreated to PM messages because I couldn't take the forums anymore.

#38 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Storm to continue leading her team under Wood

I want Black Panther on Hickman's Avengers team

I want a Storm and Black Panther ongoing written by Yost

I want a She Hulk solo

I want heroes to go back to fighting villains

I want Hawkeye's solo to be successful

Those are my wants as of now for Marvel Now.

#39 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

More Mutants. This will be a massive waste of time if the x-gene does not get reactivated.

#40 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:

More Mutants. This will be a massive waste of time if the x-gene does not get reactivated.

I want this too. If this doesn't happen, then the whole idea about Hope being the mutant messiah will be wasted.
#41 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Scott Dies...Quote------------ "Alonso: It's both the story of young Jean Grey coming back and wondering why everybody is looking at her so weird, and it's the story of Logan and Cyclops coming to terms with the fact that this young girl, who they both fell in love with, is now back in some way, shape or form. That's what I think is going to make for such fascinating stories – dual perspectives on this development."

#42 Edited by poisonfleur (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Storm as a leader position is a MUST (With good writing). & Let her actually lightning attacks actually destroy things (NOT ALL ENEMIES CAN BE IMMUNE TO LIGHTNING-- And if they are, let her use ice or wind attacks)

2) I wanna see Rogue have a Green and Yellow Costume. Her current one is bothersome, IMO... (With Flight and Super Strength... and with a saucy personality to back it up)

3) Have Psylocke and Elektra ever teamed up? I would like to see that.

4) More Astral Plane Adventures with Emma, Psylocke, Jean, & Doctor Strange.

5) THE RETURN OF SAGE!

6) More Rivals for characters.

Cyclops has Sinister

Wolverine has Sabertooth

Rogue has Ms.Marvel

Magneto has EVERYBODY!

Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Psylcoke need rivals.

7) I don't want to see Avengers and X-men become a Justice League. And on that note, I don't want the Avengers to take up anymore X-men spotlight. If I wanted Avengers, I would read Avengers.

8) AND THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT! Writers who know all the character well enough and can utilize them well to make great stories.

9) Use Greg Land more as an artist. Even tho he traces sometimes, I really love his work.

10) Bring back Xavier into major X-decisions and stories. Maybe at least have him in X-club if need-be.

11) Generation Hope's team needs more character growth. Oya seemed promising then.. she kinda flat-lined.

#43 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

I want actuel Consequence from marvel event's not just lip service.

No more event's.

New or better villains.

White crown phoenix jean not her 17 year old doppelgänger.

Bring wasp back from the dead or where ever she is.

No jean no phoenix they are one and the same she should at least show up in a event story if the phoenix is part of it.

Some new blood in the writing department would be nice.

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

1) Storm as a leader position is a MUST (With good writing). & Let her actually lightning attacks actually destroy things (NOT ALL ENEMIES CAN BE IMMUNE TO LIGHTNING-- And if they are, let her use ice or wind attacks)

2) I wanna see Rogue have a Green and Yellow Costume. Her current one is bothersome, IMO... (With Flight and Super Strength... and with a saucy personality to back it up)

5) THE RETURN OF SAGE!

Cyclops has Sinister

Wolverine has Sabertooth

Rogue has Ms.Marvel

Magneto has EVERYBODY!

7) I don't want to see Avengers and X-men become a Justice League. And on that note, I don't want the Avengers to take up anymore X-men spotlight. If I wanted Avengers, I would read Avengers.

8) AND THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT! Writers who know all the character well enough and can utilize them well to make great stories.

9) Use Greg Land more as an artist. Even tho he traces sometimes, I really love his work.

10) Bring back Xavier into major X-decisions and stories. Maybe at least have him in X-club if need-be.

11) Generation Hope's team needs more character growth. Oya seemed promising then.. she kinda flat-lined.

I definitely agree that Colossus needs a rival. I think either Omega Red or Sebastian Shaw would be good rivals for him.
#45 Posted by jhazzroucher (15182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

5) THE RETURN OF SAGE!

Cyclops has Sinister

Wolverine has Sabertooth

Rogue has Ms.Marvel

Magneto has EVERYBODY!

I definitely agree that Colossus needs a rival. I think either Omega Red or Sebastian Shaw would be good rivals for him.

Apocalypse!

#46 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see clean, consistent characterisation. Good story-telling and writers to be invested in the characters and not just use them as plot-devices.

#47 Posted by Teerack (5401 posts) - - Show Bio

be nice if marvel writers had to sit through a seminar on what continuity means.

#48 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Madame_Mist said:

I would like to see clean, consistent characterisation. Good story-telling and writers to be invested in the characters and not just use them as plot-devices.

@Teerack said:

be nice if marvel writers had to sit through a seminar on what continuity means.

Agree with both points!
#49 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

At least half of the current Marvel staff fired.

#50 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

This plus other terms that don't involve Scott or Emma dying. The whole "kill Scott Summers and Emma Frost" request/hate has grown so stale at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.