Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What would you change in the current X-Men titles?

• 120 results
    MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I think they should introduce some fresh new antagonists. Most of the old ones have redeemed themselves & joined Scott's team, and I think battling the same evil foes over and over again gets very boring very quickly. I think the franchise needs entirely new types of villains and villain teams to rejuvinate itself. Now all they seem to do is ressurrect dead villains (Hello, Toothy!) and reuse old concepts like the Hellfire club, which is why the story arcs often feel recyckled, too. I'd really like to see them facing threats they haven't faced before, so I'd like to see more new original villains with original means and motives.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By jubilee042

mine are:

1. kid hellfire club removed
    2. new x men to get more spotlight and maybe their own title
    3. bring kurt back
    4. remove greg land
    5. bring back joss whedon

this for now

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Daycrawler

@lorex said:

Well if I could make some changes to the current lineup of X-Men titles I would: 1) Reduce the number of titles Wolverine appears in to his sole book and Wolverine and the X-Men, I know wish full thinking on my part.2) I agree the Hellion abuse needs to stop. It seems all the he has been pushed asside as the young rebel and all that attention has been placed on Kid Omega. I don't mind the writers offically stating Laura is no longer interested in him but stop portraying him as the creep in the shadows, I think he has tons of potential.3) More attention and character development on the younger X-Men. Its as if any time they get any attention for an issue or two they are thrown under the bus cause another event has popped up and the more established characters need to be spotlighted. 4) Bring back Legion or at least mention what the hell happened to him. Spent half of last year introducing a way for David to control his powers and start to bring him more into the mainstream of the X-Men, then he disappears, wtf.5) Bring back Elixir or at least mention what the hell happened to him. He has been missing for some time, since before Secone Coming I think.6) I don't necessarily need to see Rogue and Gambit back together but for the love of god end this creepy Rogue, Magneto thing. 7) Give other characters more time in the spotlight like Iceman, Magik, Colossus and others. Yes I know that seems to be happening but writers an editors can be lazy espically if they latch on to a particular character and sometimes default back to them if a trouble spot comes up. 8) I would drop Uncanny fron the title of X-Force because I feel it is not needed and was a cheap marketing ploy.

I reckon (or at least hope) that Elixir will return just before or during the whole AvX event next year and be a catalyst for that. He knows important stuff about Hope, though he's never told anyone what as far as I know. It happened in X-Force #16, at the end of the Messiah War arc, where he shouted "I know what she is!" before everyone ported back to the present day. Shortly after he was rendered unconscious during the Necrosha act and then he left Utopia to try and come to terms with his death inducing abilities and what he'd been through with X-Force.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Skaddix

Trim down redundancy. the new astonishing and x-men legacy are going to be highly redundant. Give xavier a book.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Skaddix

Okay Every Title should have a clear purpose.

First we don't need an Age of Apocalypse Book replace with a Cable led Exiles. You can also put Bishop and Sage here.

Uncanny X-men: More Character Development and Interactions also get more feats for the characters who need them

WATXM: Fine although the art could use some improvement. Also new HFC sucks. Have the Uncanny X-men team take over the club. Magneto and Summers as Kings. Frost and Storm and queens. Handout the rest of the roles accordingly.

X-Factor: Fine as Is

X-men Legacy or Astonishing: Give Xavier a Book with Legion and give him some characters. I like the idea of him thinking the Extinction team needs to be stopped so put Darwin and Elixir here. Bring back Omega Sentinel, Petra and Sway.

The other book mix the rosters of these two books and give it to Gage

X-men: Give this to Liu current writer sucks

X-Force: Fine as is

New Mutants: Character Development is most important thing.

Generation Hope: This book is not long for the world. Replace with a new x-men book.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Gambit1024

@SexualLobster said:

Get a new friggin' illustrator on 'Wolverine and the X-Men'

Cool. At least I'm not the only one who hates it.

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Iron_Lad

@Gambit1024 said:

@SexualLobster said:

Get a new friggin' illustrator on 'Wolverine and the X-Men'

Cool. At least I'm not the only one who hates it.

Yea, that worked out great. WATXM went from awesome Chris Bachalo to Nick Bradshaw.....SMH

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By davelecave

@John Valentine said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

1. Storm challenges Cyclops again for leadership. Storm wins and becomes the leader. Storm talks with Wolverine and there's no more division with the X-men. Wolverine doesn't want to be second -in -command. Storm doesn't want Cyclops second in command. I really want to see CYclops as a member only.

2. Jean Grey returns. This time without phoenix powers. Storm asked Jean to be 2nd in command and Jean accepts.

3. Apocalypse becomes a hero but still do some stuff that are not heroic like for example,

4. Rogue gets superstrength and flight again because Apocalypse beat Gladiator, stripped his clothes, hit Rogue with something to make Rogue's absorbing powers uncontrollable. grabs her and Gladiator and Rogue absorbs Gladiators powers.

5. Magneto turns into a villain again. I don't want him to become a hero because his powers are written poorly.

6. Rogue and Gambit relationship.

7. Storm and Wolverine relationship.

8. Jubilee is human again.

9. The power of cytorrak goes back to Juggernaut.

10. Squirrel Girl joins the X-Men.

I disagree with every single point you've made.

Lol so do I. How about:

1. Less Storm

2. Leave Jean dead or do something awesome with it, no "return to status quo" stories.

3. Leave Apocalypse alone.

4. Let Rogue keep control of her powers. The "I'll never find love cause nobody can touch me" story is a little old.

5. Magneto stays an X-man because he's awesome. If anything, Cyclops should become a "villain".

6. Rogue stays with Magneto because he's awesome.

7. Storm and Wolverine never appear on panel together.

8. Jubilee stays a vampire because at least it's a little bit interesting, and it has led to great moments with X-23.

9. Juggernaut stays away from the X-men because he's overdone.

10. Squirrel Girl dies.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#59  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If I had complete control over the X titles I would:  

• The Older generation of X-Men (eg. Gambit, Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops ect) would be in X-Men Legacy and it would focus on the running of Utopia and the wider mutant-human conflict
    • The New Mutants(Danny Moonstone, Cannonball, X Man ect.) would now be the X-Men would star in Uncanny X-Men.  that would focus on the more super hero aspects, "mutant avengers" if you like
    • The former Young X-Men(Prodigy, X-23, Hellion, Surge, Anole ect.) Would now be the New Mutants and focus on there struggle at becoming the next generation of X-Men eg. Avengers Academy
    • The Jean Gray Institute will exist but it will be on Utopia and it will focus on Emma Frost, Beats, Prof X ect teaching other  younger mutants how to use there powers (including the 5 lights) this will take place in the W&TXM book that will now be renamed Academy X  
    • NAMOR WILL LEAVE THE X-MEN AND HE WILL GET HIS OWN BOOK NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE X UNIVERSE     
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#60  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@jubilee042 said:

mine are:

3. bring kurt back
    4. remove greg land

this for now

I definitely agree wit these points! Joss Whedon was probably one of the best writers during the 2000s to write for X-Men and it would great for him to come back and work on X-Men again. Also, the new X-Men really needs to shine and I'm hoping that in the current titles, they will shine a bit more.

MC_The_Strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MC_The_Strange

@jubilee042 said:

mine are:

3. bring kurt back
    4. remove greg land

this for now

Oh god! Yes! I agree! Bring back Kurt! The ORIGINAL Kurt, not that AOA replacement. But I agree with all of that list, right there.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By unicornpuncher

Uncanny Xmen - Get rid of the sinister/celestial storyline because it blows, and go back to the hit list that Cyclops originally proposed way back when he made X-force and was being all militant bad ass. Maybe a storyline with hope trying to fit in with her new family and learn more about her powers would be great. And now that I am thinking about it, why is hope both in this book and gen hope? I guess marvel knows no one is buying gen hope.

Xmen - Actually digging this book relating to the Marvel U now that vampire crap is over. Maybe a couple of guest appearance from some other B-list mutants every now and then, but otherwise a good roster and mix of merry mutants. Honestly I was even surprised I enjoyed the spiderman crossover that happened.

Xmen Legacy - Love this book with a small cast and frenzy on it. Wouldn't mind seeing legion come back in it some, I'm hoping some of the new x-men are going to get some spotlight here like they were doing before: just a few at a time. Otherwise wouldnt mind learning some more about rachel and frenzy.

New Mutants - This book needs a major overhaul. They started doing right bringing blink and x-man in, but the story and art are so bad right now, its almost at the same garbage level as generation hope. They need to bring in Land or someone else amazing as an artist and start actually giving this team some arch enemies and real character development. They had legion, cannonball and illyana plucked from them and have really been lacking since. The main problem I see is they are still trying to write them as young adults trying to find their place in the world, when really these kids are all early 30s now and way past that point. But really, they need a good arch enemy and to stay the hell out of limbo for a bit.

X factor - I just started picking up this title and It feels good so far.

Uncanny X-force - For as much as everyone rants and raves about the last angel/life seed/AOA storyline, I actually kind of got lost with it some on the plot and need to go back and read it again. The art is amazing and I'll admit I like the characters more than I thought i would when I first saw the lineup. But the book has gone so far in its own direction that its kind of its own book now. Just while i am typing this, how is it that none of the other Xmen asked themselves just where angel and fantomex have been since no ones seen them lately?

Generation Hope - Tried to read this book and just cant find myself giving a crap about any of the characters. Bringing pixie and the black king might help out some but who the hell are these kids? I cant believe new X-men was canceled and then this title got made after young x-men was such flop.

Wolverine and the Xmen - The art is a little rough, but the story is cute and the characters are likeable. Not digging on it being 3.99 just because it has wolverines name on it. Marvel needs to get over themselves with the 3.99 prices when in like 2 months it wont even be worth the paper its printed on.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@unicornpuncher said:

Uncanny Xmen - Get rid of the sinister/celestial storyline because it blows, and go back to the hit list that Cyclops originally proposed way back when he made X-force and was being all militant bad ass. Maybe a storyline with hope trying to fit in with her new family and learn more about her powers would be great. And now that I am thinking about it, why is hope both in this book and gen hope? I guess marvel knows no one is buying gen hope.

Xmen - Actually digging this book relating to the Marvel U now that vampire crap is over. Maybe a couple of guest appearance from some other B-list mutants every now and then, but otherwise a good roster and mix of merry mutants. Honestly I was even surprised I enjoyed the spiderman crossover that happened.

Xmen Legacy - Love this book with a small cast and frenzy on it. Wouldn't mind seeing legion come back in it some, I'm hoping some of the new x-men are going to get some spotlight here like they were doing before: just a few at a time. Otherwise wouldnt mind learning some more about rachel and frenzy.

New Mutants - This book needs a major overhaul. They started doing right bringing blink and x-man in, but the story and art are so bad right now, its almost at the same garbage level as generation hope. They need to bring in Land or someone else amazing as an artist and start actually giving this team some arch enemies and real character development. They had legion, cannonball and illyana plucked from them and have really been lacking since. The main problem I see is they are still trying to write them as young adults trying to find their place in the world, when really these kids are all early 30s now and way past that point. But really, they need a good arch enemy and to stay the hell out of limbo for a bit.

X factor - I just started picking up this title and It feels good so far.

Uncanny X-force - For as much as everyone rants and raves about the last angel/life seed/AOA storyline, I actually kind of got lost with it some on the plot and need to go back and read it again. The art is amazing and I'll admit I like the characters more than I thought i would when I first saw the lineup. But the book has gone so far in its own direction that its kind of its own book now. Just while i am typing this, how is it that none of the other Xmen asked themselves just where angel and fantomex have been since no ones seen them lately?

Generation Hope - Tried to read this book and just cant find myself giving a crap about any of the characters. Bringing pixie and the black king might help out some but who the hell are these kids? I cant believe new X-men was canceled and then this title got made after young x-men was such flop.

Wolverine and the Xmen - The art is a little rough, but the story is cute and the characters are likeable. Not digging on it being 3.99 just because it has wolverines name on it. Marvel needs to get over themselves with the 3.99 prices when in like 2 months it wont even be worth the paper its printed on.

I definitely agree with you about Uncanny X-Men. I was hoping that more character development would arise from this series, especially on Colossus receiving the Cyttorak. I wanted Uncanny X-Men to explore more about how the split affected Cyclops since two of his friends, Iceman and Beast, are on Wolverine's side and I wanted to know if it affected him deeply. I also wanted them to explore more about how the Cyttorak is affecting Colossus mentally. We know that he is more aggressive when he is using the powers of the Cyttorak, but what about whether or not he is fighting the power within himself while he is using the Cyttorak. I also wanted to see more relationships between him and Magik, since now Magik is back and I want to see how Colossus' relationship has changed with Magik. I also want to see more character interactions between the extinction team since they are mainly fighting all the time.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By chalkshark
    1. The Sub-Mariner needs to go. He's never felt right in the X-Men. His status as "first mutant" has always felt forced, and rung hollow. He clearly ended up in the series because Marvel didn't have a clear idea where they wanted him, but wanted him somewhere. Now that the Defenders are back, Namor should be written out of the X-Men.
    2. Deal With Things! Stop glossing over life changing moments that immediately get swept under the rug. When Jean Grey died ( the first time) an entire issue was devoted to her funeral. Cyclops left the team. Characters continued to reflect on the loss for months afterward. When Nightcrawler died.... nothing. I hate Jubilee with the burning passion of a thousand suns, but they brought her back, & they turned her into a vampire. How about a consultation with Dr. Strange? While he's there, have him look into the Cyttorak possessed Colossus. Stop just accepting that this is the new status quo, and there's nothing to be done about anything.
    3. Danger is a terrible non-entity of a character. Also, not a mutant. Remove it.
    4. Bring Back Xavier! Everyone's pissed off at their former teacher because he made some questionable judgment calls in the past. Hmm. Sounds like good drama to me. Besides, these people are cool with Magneto, The White Queen, Danger, Toad & Frenzy lurking about the island, going on missions, offering advice... & they've all tried to kill the X-Men.. over and over again... throughout the years. The idea that the greatest mutant mind on the planet should be kept at arm's length is ludicrous in the face of all that.
    5. Utopia is a bad idea. Putting the entire mutant population in one place just makes them that much easier of a target to take out. Re-integrate into society you elitist isolationists. Has everyone forgotten Xavier's dream of mutants and humans living and working together, side-by-side, as one community? Yes... there are threats. There have always been threats. There will always be threats. That said, it's not like every single human being is looking to lynch a mutant. No government in the world has declared war on the mutant population. The X-Men are not only allowed to operate as masked vigilantes, suffering no legal penalties for their crime fighting, in San Francisco, but are actively courted by the city government to do so. S.H.I.E.L.D. works with the X-Men. S.W.O.R.D. works with the X-Men. The Avengers work with the X-Men. It's long been time for the X-Men to stop living in fear from humanity. Some humans do want them dead. Not all humans do. In fact, if you go back and look at the history of the series, with the exception of whichever human douchebag is trying to get another Sentinal program up and running, all of the X-Men's worst adversaries have been mutants! Several of whom, live among them on that island.
    6. There are currently four books on the stands with the word "X-Men" in the title. Perhaps at least one of them could actually shift the focus away from Cyclops, The White Queen, Hope & Wolverine, just long enough to tell me what's going on with Dazzler... or Gambit... or Ice Man... or Cannonball... or Storm... or Warpath... or.....................
    7. Single issue stories that focus on one, or two, particular X-Men. Let's get in some character building issues, in between all the big 6 issue plot driven stuff.
    8. Resurrect Jean Grey. I'm not really a huge fan of the character, but her absence speaks to a larger issue at Marvel, in that , with the exception of the Invisible Woman, all of their original female characters are gone. Marvel Girl and the Wasp are dead. The Scarlet Witch is a basket case, & living in obscurity (yes, I know, they're trying to fix that one), Medusa and Crystal hardly ever make appearances & when they do, it's always as part of the guest cast in a story. DC doesn't throw throw their female characters away. Marvel shouldn't, either.
    9. Villains are cool because they're villains. Neutering them by making them heroes just sucks all the wind out of them. Magneto has lost all of his luster since he became just another X-Man. The White Queen has been shoehorned into Jean Grey's role. These used to be well written, strongly defined villains with very specific world views and agendas that brought them into conflict with the X-Men. Conflict is a good thing. It's what drives good stories. Besides, if you take away all the really cool villains & make them heroes, then the heroes are left with a bunch of bland, uninspired villains... that no one cares about... to struggle against. You notice how the X-Men are constantly battling against multi-version villains like Sentinals, Nimrods, Vampires, endless clone Mr. Sinisters, sewer dwelling lizard monsters, aliens, etc, etc? It's because they no longer have any powerful, clearly defined villains to stand against. It's always just faceless hordes of non-characters that they can beat up. That's boring.
    10. Bring Back Banshee!! He's my favorite X-Man. I'd like to have him around. Is that so wrong?
    Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nudeviking

@chalkshark said:

1. Single issue stories that focus on one, or two, particular X-Men. Let's get in some character building issues, in between all the big 6 issue plot driven stuff.

I don't think it was all that long ago that they kind of stopped doing this, but this is probably the number one thing I wish they still did, especially with some of the less famous characters from time to time.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By unicornpuncher

@chalkshark said:

1. Villains are cool because they're villains. Neutering them by making them heroes just sucks all the wind out of them. Magneto has lost all of his luster since he became just another X-Man. The White Queen has been shoehorned into Jean Grey's role. These used to be well written, strongly defined villains with very specific world views and agendas that brought them into conflict with the X-Men. Conflict is a good thing. It's what drives good stories. Besides, if you take away all the really cool villains & make them heroes, then the heroes are left with a bunch of bland, uninspired villains... that no one cares about... to struggle against. You notice how the X-Men are constantly battling against multi-version villains like Sentinals, Nimrods, Vampires, endless clone Mr. Sinisters, sewer dwelling lizard monsters, aliens, etc, etc? It's because they no longer have any powerful, clearly defined villains to stand against. It's always just faceless hordes of non-characters that they can beat up. That's boring.

This was well said, and I agree to a point. Im all good with a few of the villans joining the xmen ( I love wondering how long they will stay "good"), but I felt like the point of moving them to the Xmen was to make room for new villans that werent the same repeating ones (shadow king, sentinels, apocalypse, mr sinister, mojo, brotherhood).

To me, when marvel started turning the bad guys good it made room for purifiers, leper queen, dark beast, black queen/necrosha and all sorts of exciting stuff. I want to see more of that. More well developed villans, not just roll a die and is it going to be apocalypse, sinister or magneto again.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 - Go to local store, pick up lighter fluid and matches

2 - Soak the current titles liberally

3 - Light match

4 - Throw match from a safe distance

5 - Yank out Peter David, almost forgot

6 - Watch everything burn

7 - Start over from scratch with new creative teams

- The books overall need a lot of work, between the current direction and all the events hijacking them its in pretty sad shape

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@chalkshark said:

1. Deal With Things! Stop glossing over life changing moments that immediately get swept under the rug. When Jean Grey died ( the first time) an entire issue was devoted to her funeral. Cyclops left the team. Characters continued to reflect on the loss for months afterward. When Nightcrawler died.... nothing. I hate Jubilee with the burning passion of a thousand suns, but they brought her back, & they turned her into a vampire. How about a consultation with Dr. Strange? While he's there, have him look into the Cyttorak possessed Colossus. Stop just accepting that this is the new status quo, and there's nothing to be done about anything.
    2. Single issue stories that focus on one, or two, particular X-Men. Let's get in some character building issues, in between all the big 6 issue plot driven stuff.
    3. Villains are cool because they're villains. Neutering them by making them heroes just sucks all the wind out of them. Magneto has lost all of his luster since he became just another X-Man. The White Queen has been shoehorned into Jean Grey's role. These used to be well written, strongly defined villains with very specific world views and agendas that brought them into conflict with the X-Men. Conflict is a good thing. It's what drives good stories. Besides, if you take away all the really cool villains & make them heroes, then the heroes are left with a bunch of bland, uninspired villains... that no one cares about... to struggle against. You notice how the X-Men are constantly battling against multi-version villains like Sentinals, Nimrods, Vampires, endless clone Mr. Sinisters, sewer dwelling lizard monsters, aliens, etc, etc? It's because they no longer have any powerful, clearly defined villains to stand against. It's always just faceless hordes of non-characters that they can beat up. That's boring.

I agree with all of these points! I remember at one time whenever a character dies or is missing in action, there would be like three or four issues dedicated to the aftermath of that character's passing. Now, with Nightcrawler's death, not much was said about the effect his death had on the X-Men other than the X-Men having a funeral for him.

I also want more single issues with stories that focus on one or two characters since that would provide more character development for each character and we wouldn't have to see the same characters in every story over and over again.

I also want more original and more dangerous villains in the future because since most of the best villains (Magneto and Emma Frost) are now on the X-Men side, there hasn't really been a really threatening and new villain to threaten the X-Men and we keep seeing revisions of the older villain groups (such as the Hellfire Club Kids and the Sisterhood of Evil) rather than something new and original.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By chalkshark

@Rabbitearsblog: &

Here's the thing about villains, Marvel kind of backed themselves into a corner with the whole "no more mutants" decimation event. They haven't been able to create any new mutant adversaries for the X-Men. As so many of their previous adversaries were folded into the team, it left them with a very small handful of "old" enemies that could return as a threat. At this point, they've pretty much run through their little black book of black hats. It's rather telling that the last big X-Men event centered on a forced philosophical dispute between the X-Men themselves, and the next event finds them fighting the Avengers... for some reason. As much as the X-Men has always been about striving against oppression, ignorance, and fear, they've always had more concrete threats to deal with, too, while they argued the intangibles, for their place in the world. While you could start cherry picking villains from throughout the Marvel universe for the X-Men to oppose, that does a disservice to the core concept of the series. The best villains for the X-Men have always been the ones who played into that core concept or played against it. In that way, the X-Men had an invested reason for standing against those threats, besides it just being the right thing to do. Since the mutant avenue is currently a dead end, efforts should be going towards creating new human adversaries. The X-Men are living in fear of their species going extinct. Start there. Create a villain capable of fulfilling that fear. A real powerhouse threat who can stand alone against the entire team, the way Magneto or Proteus could. There's also nothing wrong with character specific villains. Explore the "Red Room" from Colossus' back story. Use that as the foundation for building new threats. A lot of unrepentant mutant villains lost their powers on "M" Day. Maybe one of them has such great resentment in their heart that they target the mutants that kept their powers. As far as I know, Storm is still Queen of Wakanda. Wakanda has enemies. This could serve to create an entirely new front for the X-Men to have to defend against, when assassins start trying to take Storm out. We all know that a hero is only as good as the villain he fights. Lately, the X-men's villains have been a bit wanting. That reflects as poorly on the X-men, as it does on the villains themselves.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@chalkshark said:

Here's the thing about villains, Marvel kind of backed themselves into a corner with the whole "no more mutants" decimation event. They haven't been able to create any new mutant adversaries for the X-Men. As so many of their previous adversaries were folded into the team, it left them with a very small handful of "old" enemies that could return as a threat. At this point, they've pretty much run through their little black book of black hats. It's rather telling that the last big X-Men event centered on a forced philosophical dispute between the X-Men themselves, and the next event finds them fighting the Avengers... for some reason. As much as the X-Men has always been about striving against oppression, ignorance, and fear, they've always had more concrete threats to deal with, too, while they argued the intangibles, for their place in the world. While you could start cherry picking villains from throughout the Marvel universe for the X-Men to oppose, that does a disservice to the core concept of the series. The best villains for the X-Men have always been the ones who played into that core concept or played against it. In that way, the X-Men had an invested reason for standing against those threats, besides it just being the right thing to do. Since the mutant avenue is currently a dead end, efforts should be going towards creating new human adversaries. The X-Men are living in fear of their species going extinct. Start there. Create a villain capable of fulfilling that fear. A real powerhouse threat who can stand alone against the entire team, the way Magneto or Proteus could. There's also nothing wrong with character specific villains. Explore the "Red Room" from Colossus' back story. Use that as the foundation for building new threats. A lot of unrepentant mutant villains lost their powers on "M" Day. Maybe one of them has such great resentment in their heart that they target the mutants that kept their powers. As far as I know, Storm is still Queen of Wakanda. Wakanda has enemies. This could serve to create an entirely new front for the X-Men to have to defend against, when assassins start trying to take Storm out. We all know that a hero is only as good as the villain he fights. Lately, the X-men's villains have been a bit wanting. That reflects as poorly on the X-men, as it does on the villains themselves.

I definitely agree with you that ever since House of M started, Marvel just couldn't find any villains that are threatening enough for the X-Men to fight against. I think the best villains were the ones who were against the X-Men's ideals and probably the best villain at the time was Magneto since he thought the opposite of Professor Xavier's dreams. As you said, there needs to be to be an X-Men villain right now who is willing to wipe out the entire mutant race since that is the situation right now.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#71  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Bring Nightcrawler back and have him, Storm, and Colossus join Wolverine's X-Men.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@War Killer said:

Bring Nightcrawler back and have him, Storm, and Colossus join Wolverine's X-Men.

I definitely want Storm and Colossus to join Wolverine's team! They really belong there.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@War Killer said:

I definitely want Storm and Colossus to join Wolverine's team! They really belong there.

I loved the Kitty/Colossus relationship and was annoyed when I learned they had broke it up again. And as much as I like the idea of Kitty running the school alongside of Logan, I think Storm would better fit that role, and/or at least lead the X-Men alongside Wolverine.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@War Killer said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@War Killer said:

I loved the Kitty/Colossus relationship and was annoyed when I learned they had broke it up again. And as much as I like the idea of Kitty running the school alongside of Logan, I think Storm would better fit that role, and/or at least lead the X-Men alongside Wolverine.

My thoughts exactly!! I really hated the way that Kitty and Colossus split up. I don't think that they would have actually split up because Colossus took the powers of the Cyttorak. The writers just broke them up to cause drama, which was something I didn't want to see. I also think that it would have been better if Storm led the school since she was the first person to object to Cyclops' plans about X-Force and she seems to understand children more. Also, it would have been nice to see both Kitty and Colossus become teachers together.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@War Killer said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@War Killer said:

My thoughts exactly!! I really hated the way that Kitty and Colossus split up. I don't think that they would have actually split up because Colossus took the powers of the Cyttorak. The writers just broke them up to cause drama, which was something I didn't want to see. I also think that it would have been better if Storm led the school since she was the first person to object to Cyclops' plans about X-Force and she seems to understand children more. Also, it would have been nice to see both Kitty and Colossus become teachers together.

Agreed.

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Have New X-Men together again removing Pixie from Generation Hope.
    • Actually use other character's Dust etc...
    • Annihilate!!! Kid Omega.
    • Bring Nightcrawler back.
    • In fact get rid of Generation Hope except for Hope and Laurie.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@The Umbra Sorcerer said:

Have you read X-Men Legacy 260.1 ? LOL, that's really poor Marvel. -_-.

The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane: I haven't actually, don't intend to either never been a fan of Legacy. May I ask what happened?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane: And there we go!! One of the best X-character's stuffed in a undeserving spot.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah I remember that happening actually rather annoyed me!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@The Umbra Sorcerer said:

I definitely want the real Nightcrawler back! I don't think I can handle his AOA self.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By CATPANEXE

- Dead Girl

- a UK based team, or more

- Find solid placement for most characters, particularly a few of the younger or newer ones. For example a character like Dr.Nemesis is grounded, and I think that's good. He is who is, he does what he does for the reasons he does them, and he's in the place he needs to be. A character like X-23 is an example of lack of placement. She's shoved here, then put over there, displayed as "finding herself ", more over writers keep trying to figure out what to do with her, and the bad part is it shows and that's not proper writing. The same can be said for most of the New X-Men/Young X-Men characters, Legion, X-Man, Illyana sadly for awhile, and more. Balance them, firmly establish and plant them and run with that and grow from there.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#85  Edited By a0040pc

A couple of things I would really like.

1. Kitty Pryde to demonstrate the powers she has in Ultimate X-Men. For those of you who don't read it not only can she increase the space between her atoms so that she can phase through solid matter she can also decrease the space making her super dense. This gives her some superhuman strength and durability. Probably no where near Hulk or Superman but mixing those abilities with Kitty's intellect and martial art skills she would be practically unbeatable.

2. Give Elizabeth Guthrie the powers she had in Age Of Apocalypse. In those comics she had the ability to increase her size much like Hank Pym. Although in AOA she was a villain I can see how she could use her abilities for good. Especially now that they've killed Stature in the Avengers.

3. Gambit should have his own series again. If Wolverine can be everywhere at once so can he.

4. Chris Claremount to write some more X-Men comics (X-Men Forever was awesome, I really hope they start it up again).

5. Hsve Wolverine perform a Stone Cold Stunner on someone. Come on everyone admits that they would like to see that at some point.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#86  Edited By xerox_kitty

@CATPANEXE said:

While I don't want to see another Excalibur or MI:13, I do think it's odd that ALL mutants in the Marvel U are based in America. I liked it when X-Men Legacy went out on the road, but I don't think that's going to happen again any time soon :(

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By John Valentine

@xerox_kitty said:

@CATPANEXE said:

While I don't want to see another Excalibur or MI:13, I do think it's odd that ALL mutants in the Marvel U are based in America. I liked it when X-Men Legacy went out on the road, but I don't think that's going to happen again any time soon :(

Hmmmm.... new Muir Island X-Men?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@CATPANEXE said:

- Dead Girl

- Find solid placement for most characters, particularly a few of the younger or newer ones. For example a character like Dr.Nemesis is grounded, and I think that's good. He is who is, he does what he does for the reasons he does them, and he's in the place he needs to be. A character like X-23 is an example of lack of placement. She's shoved here, then put over there, displayed as "finding herself ", more over writers keep trying to figure out what to do with her, and the bad part is it shows and that's not proper writing. The same can be said for most of the New X-Men/Young X-Men characters, Legion, X-Man, Illyana sadly for awhile, and more. Balance them, firmly establish and plant them and run with that and grow from there.

I definitely agree with you about how the writers need to find a place for certain characters to be in, not be all over the place at one time. I definitely want to see where X-23 fits into this universe since she had her own miniseries and then was missing from the mainstream books for awhile.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By unicornpuncher

@chalkshark said:

Wholly smokes you've really thought about this. And I agree with you, this facing extinction thing is a great storyline vs. just endlessly fighting new mutant evil peeps. I actually thought the second coming trilogy was the best crossover in years and wanted to see more going on with the purifiers being a human threat. As far as the no more mutants, I think thats going to get reversed real soon with this hope/wanda meet up. But you have a great point and it is well written. I tip my hat to you sir!

Redletter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#90  Edited By Redletter

@unicornpuncher said:

@chalkshark said:

Wholly smokes you've really thought about this. And I agree with you, this facing extinction thing is a great storyline vs. just endlessly fighting new mutant evil peeps. I actually thought the second coming trilogy was the best crossover in years and wanted to see more going on with the purifiers being a human threat. As far as the no more mutants, I think thats going to get reversed real soon with this hope/wanda meet up. But you have a great point and it is well written. I tip my hat to you sir!

I totally agree with the learned Jewish x-men scholar Rabbi Tears on this, M-day wiped the villain board clean of mutants. Yet left the Mutants only open to the entire bad guy human race as an enemy.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By unicornpuncher

Ok im kinda laughing at this. But I gotta ask: is it Rabbit Ears or Rabbi Tears?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @unicornpuncher said:

Ok im kinda laughing at this. But I gotta ask: is it Rabbit Ears or Rabbi Tears?

Rabbit Ears. My user name was based off a popular story book series that used to come on TV.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By CATPANEXE

@xerox_kitty: I like when teams are based in countries other than the US. Aside from the logic factor, being that it's unreasonable that mutants, much less superpowers would be an event local to the United States, more I'm in the states and what I want from entertainment is to be taken away from reality and escape to different locals. I always had an appreciation for books that did this. More in the same is why I'm attracted to science fiction books that take place on entirely different worlds.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By JonesDeini

Undo M-Day...period. Repower the mutants. Say what you want about New X-Men but Morrison was right the world needs to be filled with mutants to truly justify the "feared and hated" angle.

Top quality artists! especially on Uncanny! Treat it like the seminal flagship that it is dammit!!!!

Let a writer finish HIS story and leave the X-Men out of the apocalypse of the month events Marvel always has.

Fully explore the story opportunities that being in San Francisco presents

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @JonesDeini said:

Undo M-Day...period. Repower the mutants. Say what you want about New X-Men but Morrison was right the world needs to be filled with mutants to truly justify the "feared and hated" angle.

Top quality artists! especially on Uncanny! Treat it like the seminal flagship that it is dammit!!!!

Let a writer finish HIS story and leave the X-Men out of the apocalypse of the month events Marvel always has.

Fully explore the story opportunities that being in San Francisco presents

I agree with all of this!! I think that the writers need the opportunity to fully finish the stories they are trying to tell and not have so many events interrupt the flow of the stories.  I also wanted more stories around San Francisco since there was a place that the X-Men could feel wanted.
    Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Nudeviking

@CATPANEXE said:

@xerox_kitty: I like when teams are based in countries other than the US. Aside from the logic factor, being that it's unreasonable that mutants, much less superpowers would be an event local to the United States, more I'm in the states and what I want from entertainment is to be taken away from reality and escape to different locals. I always had an appreciation for books that did this. More in the same is why I'm attracted to science fiction books that take place on entirely different worlds.

I liked the X-Corp thing that they did a few years back (or the Batman Inc. thing DC did a little more recently). There are enough non-American mutants (and un-used American mutants too for that matter) that they could ship out to X-Men branch offices. Give them a quasi-anthology book that rotates through different teams every couple months. An arc of the French Version of X-Men, then an arc of the Japanese X-Men, then Alpha Flight...

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Skaddix

I would name it Astonishing X-men

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @xerox_kitty said:

@CATPANEXE said:

I agree! I always thought that it was a bit odd that the X-Men team is only based in America and not around the world.  I always thought that the problems that the mutants faced was a worldwide problem and I think that each country should have their own team of X-Men and also try to prove to the world that mutants are good.  Like, maybe there should be an X-Men base in India, France, Germany, Russia, Africa, Australia, Britain and so on that way, if there is a worldwide threat, then there would be so many different X-Men teams coming together to stop this problem.
    Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#99  Edited By Silver_Raven

I recently came up with my own list of changes on my blog but to answer your question i came up some slight changes to better align my ideas with the current X-books.

I would change the Uncanny roster to include Psylocke, Magma, and Sunspot. They are heavy hitters that should be helping out the main team. I also feel Scott and Emma and Namor would have to stay behind from away missions do their roles on Utopia, leaving Storm and Magneto in charge of the team.

I think the Adjectiveles X-men should be about Cyclops or Storm and team of X-men going on special missions and working with any superhero team that protects that region or country. Like the Texas Rangers or Alpha Flight.

New Mutants are a support team that go search and rescue missions as well as recruiting any newly activated mutants. I would repower Dani as Hela's valkyrie and give her new shamanic powers. Bring in some resurrected Hellions and the necromantic mutant Threnody. And bring back Cannonball, Karma, and Magik.

Generation Hope should be about all the young X-men and be about them being trained and taught be the older X-men like Cyclops, Emma, Storm and Magneto.

X-men Legacy would become the main X-men book on Wolverine's team and have WATXM be about the New X-men students.

X-Force- I guess can stay the same but i rather they weren't around. If i could change it into some more productive it would be a SHIELD or SWORD sanctioned team that fought battles on behalf of mutants everywhere.

X-Factor could become more involved with the X-men and clean up any lose ends. Maybe be more of a nomadic team traveling the world and solving mysteries. Have Dazzler join the team and throw concerts along the way.

Astonishing X-men should be about X-men joining together from both sides of the schism and interacting with the greater Marvel Universe. No set roster just different team for different missions.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By daak1212

get rid of all of the X comics. Just make one super sized issue (120 pages) every two months. The writing talent would comprise of Whedon/Warren Ellis/Chris Clairemont/Kieron Gillen

Bring back Xorn but retcon a ton of his history

Get rid of the Phoenix as it's not a well established abstract and in fact the Jean thing is quite played out

Make the team have an actual threat, I choose Apocalypse but I mean super charge this Mofo (tossing pyramids with his tk, knocking the Hulk into space, faster then Superman etc etc)

Be rid of the Mutant persecution angle as it's very played out.

Kill Cyclops

Make Storm/Beast/X/Magneto/Emma Frost leaders

Keep them a dying breed (it's pretty cool that their almost extinct)

Get rid of Hope (she sucks)

Keep them on Utopia

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.