What would you change in the current X-Men titles?

• 120 results
#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

What things do you want to change in the current X-Men titles? It could be more character development or more action, whatever you want to change. Here are some things I want to change:

1. More character development with the characters - there hasn't been a lot of focus on the characters and their reactions to the situations, so I would like the writers to focus more on that.

2. Show more awesome moments with the characters - Iceman and Colossus had a few awesome moments, but also get the other characters to have moments of being awesome so that way, everyone will have a share of being a great character

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd stop the Hellion abuse, develop him and feature him as the hero he's meant to be!

#3 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I'd stop the Hellion abuse, develop him and feature him as the hero he's meant to be!

THIS... and also feature more of the younger X-Men in more issues!!

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

I definitely want the younger X-Men featured more too!

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

I definitely want the younger X-Men featured more too!

Awesome... 3 votes for the younger X-Men to step up!

"U hear that Marvel... time for u to accommodate!!"

#6 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone turned evil since all former villains are X-Men now.

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine.

1. Storm challenges Cyclops again for leadership. Storm wins and becomes the leader. Storm talks with Wolverine and there's no more division with the X-men. Wolverine doesn't want to be second -in -command. Storm doesn't want Cyclops second in command. I really want to see CYclops as a member only.

2. Jean Grey returns. This time without phoenix powers. Storm asked Jean to be 2nd in command and Jean accepts.

3. Apocalypse becomes a hero but still do some stuff that are not heroic like for example,

4. Rogue gets superstrength and flight again because Apocalypse beat Gladiator, stripped his clothes, hit Rogue with something to make Rogue's absorbing powers uncontrollable. grabs her and Gladiator and Rogue absorbs Gladiators powers.

5. Magneto turns into a villain again. I don't want him to become a hero because his powers are written poorly.

6. Rogue and Gambit relationship.

7. Storm and Wolverine relationship.

8. Jubilee is human again.

9. The power of cytorrak goes back to Juggernaut.

10. Squirrel Girl joins the X-Men.

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

1. Storm challenges Cyclops again for leadership. Storm wins and becomes the leader. Storm talks with Wolverine and there's no more division with the X-men. Wolverine doesn't want to be second -in -command. Storm doesn't want Cyclops second in command. I really want to see CYclops as a member only.

2. Jean Grey returns. This time without phoenix powers. Storm asked Jean to be 2nd in command and Jean accepts.

3. Apocalypse becomes a hero but still do some stuff that are not heroic like for example,

4. Rogue gets superstrength and flight again because Apocalypse beat Gladiator, stripped his clothes, hit Rogue with something to make Rogue's absorbing powers uncontrollable. grabs her and Gladiator and Rogue absorbs Gladiators powers.

5. Magneto turns into a villain again. I don't want him to become a hero because his powers are written poorly.

I disagree with every single point you've made.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

And I, as per usual, agree completely with John Valentine. 
#12 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Bring Jean back and make Cyke dump Emma only for Jean to Love Wolverine
  2. More interaction with none mutants and just in general be more involved with saving the world
  3. Repower the mutant race
  4. Make Hope wonder the universe again instead of joining the team
  5. Wolverine leads all X-Men teams (honestly in my opinion Wolverine and X-Men one of there best books so far)
  6. Namor goes through secondary mutation
  7. More students
#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

That's ok. it's mine and not yours.

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

That's ok. it's mine and not yours.

In fairness (and to show it's not a personal attack), I like Rogue and Gambit. 
#15 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some more things I want to change:

1. Bring Rogue and Gambit back together - I really don't know why they had this whole Rogue and Magneto thing. It's just too creepy thinking about it.

2. Bring Colossus and Kitty back together - To be honest, I didn't see a reason why they should have split up in the first place. Sure, Kitty would be upset about Colossus taking the Cyttorak power, but still I think they might have worked this through if the writers allowed it.

3. Have Joss Whedon write "Wolverine and the X-Men" - I loved Joss Whedon's work in"Astonishing X-Men," so I definitely think he could write the characters very well, especially Kitty Pryde.

#16 Posted by jhazzroucher (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Christopher Yost writing X-Men

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

And may I add strongly
#18 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

Get that stupid B!"£$ Wanda to repower all of (or atleast most of) the kids that lost their powers in the Xavier Institue during M-Day.

Bring back Sofia so Julian can stop being a total A$$ and stalking Laura because of a forced relationship.

Retcon the bio-sentinel crap which is Laurie Collins and ressurrect her (as if that can't be done for all dead X-Characters.).

Bring Jean Grey back without the Phoenix. Get Chris Claremont or Grant Morrison on Uncanny (i don't care what anyone says).

Put Salvador Larroca as an artist for Uncanny instead of Greg Land, in fact get his A$$ sacked effectively and immediately.

Have the Recruits in the Blue Team actually DO stuff otherwise bring back the Academy X/New X-Men series with Christina Weir and her husband writing it.

Dispose of Pixie.

That is all for now.

#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

As one of Rogue's reasons to leave Utopia was to continue mentoring the kids, then I have high hopes for the 'new' X-Men: Legacy.

#20 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

1.More Hostility between Team Logan and Team Scott. 2.When Avengers vs X-men happens, I want a clear winner. 3. I want Xavier leading the X-men. Either team. How it should be. 4. I want emma gone. Dead or Missing, or in prison. Just forgotten. 5. I want war between America and Utopia. 6.No more kid hellfire club

#21 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Here's mine.

NEVER!! and actually, all your ideas are not so great.

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

No more kid hellfire club

I support this 100%!

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon to write a title again. Pretty please?

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

Some (actually a lot O_O) of these ideas are absolutely atrocious

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (13202 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
Someone turned evil since all former villains are X-Men now.
this exactly
#26 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

retconned "no more mutants" and it was all a dream. They wake up in uncanny issue #180 and from there on out, they continue their adventures

#27 Posted by Duchess (5998 posts) - - Show Bio

Give Colossus hair again.

#28 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duchess said:

Hair is for the weak, BALD IS FOR THE JUGGERNAUT......also Morpheus(Matrix)

and therefore your argument is invalid

#29 Posted by cattlebattle (13202 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@Duchess said:

Xavier is bald...so is Bishop...but I think he shaves it like a fraudulent sucka!!!!!
#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Duchess said:

Xavier is bald...so is Bishop...but I think he shaves it like a fraudulent sucka!!!!!

even though they both kind of went bad or at least became untrustworthy they were both completely awesome at some point so my argument still stands

#31 Posted by cattlebattle (13202 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Duchess said:

even though they both kind of went bad or at least became untrustworthy they were both completely awesome at some point so my argument still stands

I see......
#32 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

As one of Rogue's reasons to leave Utopia was to continue mentoring the kids, then I have high hopes for the 'new' X-Men: Legacy.

All I want is some of the younger X-kids to be featured more into the X-world!! That's it!!

#33 Posted by jhazzroucher (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to add. Bishop returns.

#34 Edited by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Stop the whole Rogue and Magneto romantic relationship. It wierds me out.

2. Bring back 90s Rogue and Gambit

3. Bring back Jean, no Phoenix. No more deaths or resurrections for her.

4. Make Storm leader.

5. Prevent Greg Land from doing any more artwork.

6. Let Emma have more dialogue and her snarky one-liners rather than Cyclops contributing absolutely nothing to dialogue rather than telling us stuff we already know.

#35 Posted by jhazzroucher (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

And I want to add another one:

I want Christopher Yost to write Uncanny X-Men and X-Men. He is very creative and his ideas are interestingly enjoyable.

#36 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

Gage said that the younger X-Men won't be a primary focus in his run.

#37 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if I could make some changes to the current lineup of X-Men titles I would:
1) Reduce the number of titles Wolverine appears in to his sole book and Wolverine and the X-Men, I know wish full thinking on my part.
2) I agree the Hellion abuse needs to stop. It seems all the he has been pushed asside as the young  rebel and all that attention has been placed on Kid Omega.
     I don't mind the writers offically stating Laura is no longer interested in him but stop portraying him as the creep in the shadows, I think he has tons of potential.
3) More attention and character development on the younger X-Men. Its as if any time they get any attention for an issue or two they are thrown under the bus cause 
     another event has popped up and the more established characters need to be spotlighted.
4) Bring back Legion or at least mention what the hell happened to him. Spent half of last year introducing a way for David to control his powers and start to bring him 
     more into the mainstream of the X-Men, then he disappears, wtf.
5) Bring back Elixir or at least mention what the hell happened to him.  He has been missing for some time, since before Secone Coming I think.
6) I don't necessarily need to see Rogue and Gambit back together but for the love of god end this creepy Rogue, Magneto thing.
7) Give other characters more time in the spotlight like Iceman, Magik, Colossus and others. Yes I know that seems to be happening but writers an editors can be lazy 
    espically if they latch on to a particular character and sometimes default back to them if a trouble spot comes up.
8) I would drop Uncanny fron the title of X-Force because I feel it is not needed and was a cheap marketing ploy.

#38 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

Well if I could make some changes to the current lineup of X-Men titles I would: 1) Reduce the number of titles Wolverine appears in to his sole book and Wolverine and the X-Men, I know wish full thinking on my part.2) I agree the Hellion abuse needs to stop. It seems all the he has been pushed asside as the young rebel and all that attention has been placed on Kid Omega. I don't mind the writers offically stating Laura is no longer interested in him but stop portraying him as the creep in the shadows, I think he has tons of potential.3) More attention and character development on the younger X-Men. Its as if any time they get any attention for an issue or two they are thrown under the bus cause another event has popped up and the more established characters need to be spotlighted. 4) Bring back Legion or at least mention what the hell happened to him. Spent half of last year introducing a way for David to control his powers and start to bring him more into the mainstream of the X-Men, then he disappears, wtf.5) Bring back Elixir or at least mention what the hell happened to him. He has been missing for some time, since before Secone Coming I think.6) I don't necessarily need to see Rogue and Gambit back together but for the love of god end this creepy Rogue, Magneto thing. 7) Give other characters more time in the spotlight like Iceman, Magik, Colossus and others. Yes I know that seems to be happening but writers an editors can be lazy espically if they latch on to a particular character and sometimes default back to them if a trouble spot comes up. 8) I would drop Uncanny fron the title of X-Force because I feel it is not needed and was a cheap marketing ploy.

I definitely agree with all this, especially with having more focus on the younger X-Men. I could never understand why the editors and the writers rarely focused on the students because I think that they are just as important to the plots as the older X-Men are. I agree that other characters like Colossus, Magik, Iceman, Gambit and many others need more focus and character development and that they shouldn't be used as background characters so often. I've often wondered if it's better for these characters to have their own miniseries instead of being in the mainstream books since they are getting attention, but not in the way we want it.

#39 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I definitely don't want:

a) Rogue and Gambit getting back together

b) A simple end to the Schism

c) Rogue getting super-strength again

d) Magneto becoming a villain.

I feel like those are cheap avenues to return to an old and tired status quo.

I also don't want to see Hellion becoming a "good guy". It goes against his character. He hasn't been a nice kid since he was starting to soften from his relationship with Sofia. He's a jerk 90% of the time. I don't want to see him, in a typical redemptive story arc, become a contrived superhero. I could only accept it with Sofia in tow.

I could use Jubilee out of her Twilight phase because that hasn't really gone anywhere for me. Its a big development with little to no play off.

#40 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@lorex said:

Well if I could make some changes to the current lineup of X-Men titles I would: 1) Reduce the number of titles Wolverine appears in to his sole book and Wolverine and the X-Men, I know wish full thinking on my part.2) I agree the Hellion abuse needs to stop. It seems all the he has been pushed asside as the young rebel and all that attention has been placed on Kid Omega. I don't mind the writers offically stating Laura is no longer interested in him but stop portraying him as the creep in the shadows, I think he has tons of potential.3) More attention and character development on the younger X-Men. Its as if any time they get any attention for an issue or two they are thrown under the bus cause another event has popped up and the more established characters need to be spotlighted. 4) Bring back Legion or at least mention what the hell happened to him. Spent half of last year introducing a way for David to control his powers and start to bring him more into the mainstream of the X-Men, then he disappears, wtf.5) Bring back Elixir or at least mention what the hell happened to him. He has been missing for some time, since before Secone Coming I think.6) I don't necessarily need to see Rogue and Gambit back together but for the love of god end this creepy Rogue, Magneto thing. 7) Give other characters more time in the spotlight like Iceman, Magik, Colossus and others. Yes I know that seems to be happening but writers an editors can be lazy espically if they latch on to a particular character and sometimes default back to them if a trouble spot comes up. 8) I would drop Uncanny fron the title of X-Force because I feel it is not needed and was a cheap marketing ploy.

I definitely agree with all this, especially with having more focus on the younger X-Men. I could never understand why the editors and the writers rarely focused on the students because I think that they are just as important to the plots as the older X-Men are. I agree that other characters like Colossus, Magik, Iceman, Gambit and many others need more focus and character development and that they shouldn't be used as background characters so often. I've often wondered if it's better for these characters to have their own miniseries instead of being in the mainstream books since they are getting attention, but not in the way we want it.

Good points... both of u guys!!!

#41 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@xerox_kitty said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

Gage said that the younger X-Men won't be a primary focus in his run.

Well that sucks... Then where and when will they get their spotlight!?

#42 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Not sure.

#43 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of wish they went back to what Chris Claremont did and kind of mixed things up from time to time. He was really good at using characters that weren't A-Level X-Men and still crafting really good stories. Yeah I know everyone loves Wolverine, but sometimes he's busy. It's okay to sometimes have an issue with, oh I don't know (rolls 2d100) Dust and Boom-Boom doing something with cyborgs or cosmic invaders.

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

I kind of wish they went back to what Chris Claremont did and kind of mixed things up from time to time. He was really good at using characters that weren't A-Level X-Men and still crafting really good stories. Yeah I know everyone loves Wolverine, but sometimes he's busy. It's okay to sometimes have an issue with, oh I don't know (rolls 2d100) Dust and Boom-Boom doing something with cyborgs or cosmic invaders.

I definitely agree with you there! What I loved about Chris Claremont's earlier run on X-Men was that he focused on all the characters and everyone had their moments of being awesome and it never felt like only one character was getting all the attention. I think the problem with the current comics is that they are only focusing on a few characters rather than focusing on the whole cast.

#45 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Get a new friggin' illustrator on 'Wolverine and the X-Men'

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Joss Whedon to write a title again. Pretty please?

This! He is such a talented writer!

#47 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

I definitely agree with you there! What I loved about Chris Claremont's earlier run on X-Men was that he focused on all the characters and everyone had their moments of being awesome and it never felt like only one character was getting all the attention. I think the problem with the current comics is that they are only focusing on a few characters rather than focusing on the whole cast.

I think his writing style was successful in two ways. First like you said it gave a lot more characters a chance to shine (Dazzler, Forge, and Banshee as lead characters...). The second thing I think it did was make the top tier characters even more exciting. For example, Wolverine was not in every issue of Uncanny X-Men so when after 4 or 6 issues he popped up and tore apart a bunch of ninjas it felt special. Now he's on the cover of every issue and some of that mid-80s awesomeness is gone. Like I said I think the X-Books would be a lot more interesting if they let some random background characters take center stage for a couple issues. Cyclops, Wolverine, and Colossus won't mind...honest!

#48 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Nudeviking said:

I think his writing style was successful in two ways. First like you said it gave a lot more characters a chance to shine (Dazzler, Forge, and Banshee as lead characters...). The second thing I think it did was make the top tier characters even more exciting. For example, Wolverine was not in every issue of Uncanny X-Men so when after 4 or 6 issues he popped up and tore apart a bunch of ninjas it felt special. Now he's on the cover of every issue and some of that mid-80s awesomeness is gone. Like I said I think the X-Books would be a lot more interesting if they let some random background characters take center stage for a couple issues. Cyclops, Wolverine, and Colossus won't mind...honest!

I agree! I really loved the idea that some of the major X-Men characters (like Cyclops and Wolverine) who don't show up in all the issues, really make it special when they suddenly pop up in an issue and does something exciting!

#49 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: That right there is the reason I generally prefer team books better than solo books. If a team book is going to have the same one or two characters all the time I might as well just read Batman or Spider Man.

#50 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog: That right there is the reason I generally prefer team books better than solo books. If a team book is going to have the same one or two characters all the time I might as well just read Batman or Spider Man.

I agree! I love team books because you can explore different characters and I always loved the diverse cast that a team book has to offer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.