Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What would X-Men movies be like if Marvel had the rights?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

What do you think the X-Men films would be like if Marvel had the rights back? For me, I think that the movies might be a bit more lighter in tone, due to Disney's family oriented themes for their films and I also think that they might be closer to the source material than FOX has ever done.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Yeah, probably lighter in tone. They wouldn't be able to talk about Magnetos past because Nazis are apparently a no no in Disney Marvel movies.They would probably focus more on action than concocting a good story to be honest. People like to complain about the X-Men films but don't acknowledge that the Marvel studios don't exactly make the greatest films ever.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis would write the scenario and we would get 100 minutes of dialogue and 20 minutes of action.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Lighter in tone (not necessarily a bad thing). Probably more focused on the characters and their powers, and their family relationship.

I disagree that they wouldn't deal with Magneto's past, but they might juxtapose it with Kitty Pryde's backstory to explore the generational divide. I think there would be a lot more logos and licensing deals, though.

There'd be a wide, lingering shot of a car that is in the story just to show off the maker's logo/emblem on front. Maybe some other product placements, like having the younger students go to a McDonalds, with Iceman wearing Abercrombie and Fitch and Jubilee wearing Nikes.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

it would certainly be more colourful.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would hope if Marvel had the rights they would maybe show the original 5 X-Men in the beginning or in some of their early adventures and go from there. Also I would like to see Marvel reduce their dependence on Wolverine and not use the character at all but I know Marvel does not have the guts to do that for fear of fanboy backlash.

7474josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the movies would stay a little truer to their costumes. You can see that the characters in the Avengers affiliated movies look somewhat like their comic counterparts. But the X-Men seem to be afraid of dressing them up in their original costumes. They just give them the same black uniform and call it a day. I would love to see wolverine in his classic mask, gambit with his coat and headband, etc. Although their villains are somewhat depicted in their original forms (Magneto, Mystique, Juggernaut, etc).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Marvel owned the movie rights to X-Men nothing would be the same.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame comedy's.

7474josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex:

I agree. Although Wolverine is the most popular character and one that was the right choice to focus on to start off the series, there are way too many other great characters and back stories in the X-Men universe to ignore. I don't like the fact that they made 3 (now 4) X-men team movies focus on him. Not to mention the wolverine origin and background movies. I personally think the best X-Men movie I've seen so far has been First Class. And I believe it's because they evenly focused on many characters and their interesting stories (Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, and Beast).

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Yeah, probably lighter in tone. They wouldn't be able to talk about Magnetos past because Nazis are apparently a no no in Disney Marvel movies.They would probably focus more on action than concocting a good story to be honest. People like to complain about the X-Men films but don't acknowledge that the Marvel studios don't exactly make the greatest films ever.

what about Captain America? There's at least a couple Nazis in that right?

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By LyraFay

@cattlebattle said:

Well they were the romantic version of Nazis, which Hollywood which is obsessed with doing time to time.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@lyrafay said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Well they were the romantic version of Nazis, which Hollywood which is obsessed with doing time to time.

not sure what you mean by this.. but

still, if they had them in Captain America, I can't see why they wouldn't have them in X-men.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@oldnightcrawler: Basically what I mean "romantic," is that their evil for the sake of being evil instead of dealing their hideous war crimes.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Don't forget the constant use, reference, and plot story of Phoenix. Nothing but Phoenix. Aside from the ignorant comment typical its true they wouldn't exist and only Wolverine would be the major focus. So yeah they are better off with Fox and Millar. I do look forward to a Civil War X-men.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I just got finished watching the first 3 movies....I think it would be like comparing AvX to Messiah Complex/2nd coming.

A lot more flash and glitter compared to just grit and edge. You could make an entire argument comparing the lighting in Avengers and the lighting X2 during day time scenes and how it pretty much shows you the tone difference.

Still, would love to see an X-Men movie with actual X-Men in it and I'm pretty sure if Marvel had the rights we'd have a more solid cast

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex said:

I would hope if Marvel had the rights they would maybe show the original 5 X-Men in the beginning or in some of their early adventures and go from there. Also I would like to see Marvel reduce their dependence on Wolverine and not use the character at all but I know Marvel does not have the guts to do that for fear of fanboy backlash.

I also would like to see the original 5 actually get some screen time for once. What I liked about First Class was that it didn't rely too heavily on Wolverine (well, he only showed up in one scene anyway) and they still managed to focus on the main characters. It would be nice to have another First Class movie with the original 5 in the lead roles.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7474josh said:

@lorex:

I agree. Although Wolverine is the most popular character and one that was the right choice to focus on to start off the series, there are way too many other great characters and back stories in the X-Men universe to ignore. I don't like the fact that they made 3 (now 4) X-men team movies focus on him. Not to mention the wolverine origin and background movies. I personally think the best X-Men movie I've seen so far has been First Class. And I believe it's because they evenly focused on many characters and their interesting stories (Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, and Beast).

I agree that there are way too many X-Men characters to just ignore in the movies. If Marvel does get the rights back, then hopefully they would try to focus on all of the characters instead of just one.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

Not really. I think they are mentioned though.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would be interested to see the change if for nothing but recasting some of the characters. I would also hope that the movies wouldn't be so Wolverine-centric. I don't really know if they'd be better or worst off but I dont think that just because Disney would be behind it, they would make it lighter tone. One thing that Im fairly certain of though, is that if Marvel had the rights to the Xmen, the comic books would be better off and would get more focus. I think the Xmen would be what the Avengers are now. Maybe we'd get Generation X or New Mutants as a TV show on ABC

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-More Wolverine, he's the only X-Man that matters. And an Avenger!

-Less focus on themes dealing with civil rights and equality, that shits not important.

-More explosions, kids love explosions.

-Montage of Cyclops shooting optic blasts at aliens.

-Give Angel metal robotic wings and guns! Oh wait, that was Falcon...

-Take away every character's personality.

-Have the heroes tell dick jokes to the villain.

-Have a script with 15 lines of dialouge and 2 hours of fight scenes.

-Make millions of dollars.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

-More Wolverine, he's the only X-Man that matters. And an Avenger!

-Less focus on themes dealing with civil rights and equality, that shits not important.

-More explosions, kids love explosions.

-Montage of Cyclops shooting optic blasts at aliens.

-Give Angel metal robotic wings and guns! Oh wait, that was Falcon...

-Take away every character's personality.

-Have the heroes tell dick jokes to the villain.

-Have a script with 15 lines of dialouge and 2 hours of fight scenes.

-Make millions of dollars.

If only more X-Fans were like you, ignorant and territorial and above like me prefers to keep them in FOX. Keep at.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I would be interested to see the change if for nothing but recasting some of the characters. I would also hope that the movies wouldn't be so Wolverine-centric. I don't really know if they'd be better or worst off but I dont think that just because Disney would be behind it, they would make it lighter tone. One thing that Im fairly certain of though, is that if Marvel had the rights to the Xmen, the comic books would be better off and would get more focus. I think the Xmen would be what the Avengers are now. Maybe we'd get Generation X or New Mutants as a TV show on ABC

I definitely would like to see a Generation X or a New Mutants TV series! They really need to get the ball rolling with that!

fisheypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: And then it would end up being the one of the best comic movie ever made.

The only (live action) comic movies I really enjoyed so far would have to be X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, and the Batman movies. I wasn't a fan of the first three Spider-Man movies (toby was the wrong pick, and they didn't stay true to Spider-Man's character), the new Spider-Man was good until towards the end when it became a stereotypical action movie. I can't say I really liked the first three X-Men movies either. However they did have a fantastic cast for them (aside from Beast. Dear GOD that was awful.) And I've never liked Superman. This is all my opinion though.

I believe Marvel, if they got the good writers in on it, would do a fantastic job on these movies. I mean they at least should make it how they make a comic. Unpredictable, plot twists, surprises, mind blows, the usual. X-Men movies are getting better, and the new Spider-Man looks promising.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.