What would it take for WATXM to be picked up for new seasons?

#1 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why Disney XD can't just pick up the series. To me it was better then x-men evolution & almost as good as x-men tas. It didn't feel like a children's show at all & it was no surprise that the show was hugely popular. What would it take for WATXM to be picked up?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

was WatXM done by Marvel or someone else...can't remember

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: It was produced by Marvel Animation according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_and_the_X-Men_(TV_series)

#4 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

No because its not produce by Loeb (LOEB!!!!!!!!!!!) and its on Nicktoons Network

#5 Edited by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

was WatXM done by Marvel or someone else...can't remember

yup, marvel studios but came on nick

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney would first need to want to pick it up, which it doesn't. Than it would need to purchase the rights from these guys

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772145/companycredits

and at this point Disney might as well just save its money and make another X-men cartoon itself, calling it something else.

I'm actually expecting Disney to come out with a new Star Wars cartoon in the next 2 or 3 years

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing pls. This show can stay in the book of well-forgotten TV shows. It was horrible. Starting from "Wolverine and The--"

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: It had an awesome cyclops episode.

Emma was horrid in it though

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is supposedly working on a new X-Men cartoon, so I say we see what they deliver there before we go wishing an old series was being renewed.

#10 Posted by poisonfleur (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Nothing pls. This show can stay in the book of well-forgotten TV shows. It was horrible. Starting from "Wolverine and The--"

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if Disney has the full rights to the X-Men cartoons since the movies are owned by Fox at this moment.  I guess there's got to be a huge interest in this show in order for it to be revived again.

#12 Edited by poisonfleur (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.. I am not sure I want this show unearthed. Sure the story was decent, but when X-men are watered down for the solo sake of making Wolverine look better is insulting..

Now why can't we bring back X-men TAS!! =D

#13 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yes.

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.