Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What would Gillen do

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

I wonder if there was an interview where Gillen mentions, what else he wanted/planed to do with Extinction team besides what we've actually seen, if AVX wasn't interfering and then also ending his run on Uncanny?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By HAWK2916

I would be interested to know that too. I also would like to know who he would use to rebuild the team replacing those that left. You know... what other six members besides Scott, Emma and Magik

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

exodus would make a good fit, but scott doesnt need to surround himself with more former or unredeemed villians.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I would be interested to know that too. I also would like to know who he would use to rebuild the team replacing those that left. You know... what other six members besides Scott, Emma and Magik

You forgot to mention Magneto with emma, magik and scott. Anyway, Like who? Colossus, storm, Hope, and Danger?

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scotts group is currently missing a tech expert/science guy and a bruiser type. Danger I feel should have likely stayed with Cyclops, kind of enjoyed having her around. her killing most of the sinisters in the museum fight was awesome.. "welcome to the danger room"

Before I would have said that after everything he has been though Colossus should have stayed away from Scott. But since he is currently running around with the X-force that points kind of moot seeing as how that group is so far more extreme than Scotts. maybe bring Domino along with him, really enjoyed seeing the two of them work together.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Scotts group is currently missing a tech expert/science guy and a bruiser type. Danger I feel should have likely stayed with Cyclops, kind of enjoyed having her around. her killing most of the sinisters in the museum fight was awesome.. "welcome to the danger room"

Magneto's a robotics genius, Kitty's around and she's a computer genius, and Hijack can talk to machines; and I would consider Magik to be the team's bruiser.

That said, I do think Danger would be a cool addition to this team.

Before I would have said that after everything he has been though Colossus should have stayed away from Scott. But since he is currently running around with the X-force that points kind of moot seeing as how that group is so far more extreme than Scotts. maybe bring Domino along with him, really enjoyed seeing the two of them work together.

Domino and Colossus would also be cool on this team, but I kind of really like how few trained X-men there are on this team. It makes the training seem that much more crucial to the story, and makes the whole team a little more vulnerable, which is a theme I'm enjoying.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I dont know if Mags is staying or not. Cant seem to get a straight answer. Anyway yeah... I'd like to know who he'd choose to replace all those mentioned. I'd guess Colossus would come back. Warpath would be great and I really think Monet would fit. Surge or Dust could replace Hope. I dont really see Kitty being all in on the revolution at least not in the 616. Sage could be the tech genius.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HAWK2916

Exodus would be interesting but Magik is already the teleporter. And another villain becoming an xmen, when we have too many xmen as it is..... nah nevermind

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

You mean if he had continued writting after AvX? Yeah, that would be interesting as well, but the way Consequence ended, it would have to be Sinister again.

I don't really get why it is such a big deal for Bendis and Aaron to include more X-men (and especially upcoming X-men :P) in Uncanny team, X-men were always in good terms with outlaws lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Not really a big deal. Its just having only 3-4 experienced xmen and a bunch of newbies. It just doesnt make sense thay everyone would leave with Wolverine, thats all. And there are some xmen out in limbo being unused currently or that seem to fit uncanny well. This is why I mentioned Warpath and even Sage

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@adamtrmm: Not really a big deal. Its just having only 3-4 experienced xmen and a bunch of newbies. It just doesnt make sense thay everyone would leave with Wolverine, thats all. And there are some xmen out in limbo being unused currently or that seem to fit uncanny well. This is why I mentioned Warpath and even Sage

Sage would be cool for uncanny but she probably wouldnt want to be an outlaw, she used to team up with (cop)Bishop back in the day

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I honestly don't know what Sage would be doing with Cyclops and his bozos :s

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't know what Sage would be doing with Cyclops and his bozos :s

lol sage is back in 616 but no one is using her. maybe she should have been in the new x-factor, they can use a telepath

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Sage is a strategist and a good spy. Plus she could hopefully straighten out that broken powers thing

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Koays  Online

I'm thinking Gillen would have added Darwin, Rogue or Frenzy once it became clear no one was going to use them on the X-Men side. I also see more friction between the X-teams, since (if were saying AvX didn't leave the Extinction team idea flat) there'd be more of a trade of characters back and forth. Also maybe Iceman since they'd need the power.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: hmmm. Iceman really would be interesting. Its hard to believe he would leave JGS. Same with Frenzy considering how she felt after Aox and her reasons for leaving. I guess im thinking this for continuity purposes but Frenzy really is a great fit for this team. Since nobody is using her what the hell. Add her and Warpath

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koays  Online

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: hmmm. Iceman really would be interesting. Its hard to believe he would leave JGS. Same with Frenzy considering how she felt after Aox and her reasons for leaving. I guess im thinking this for continuity purposes but Frenzy really is a great fit for this team. Since nobody is using her what the hell. Add her and Warpath

I can see it storyline wise, just put a different spin on the ending of Iceman's Astonishing arc. But really it depends on how Post AvX is handled with Gillen at the helm.... Are we still an fighting "Extinction" level events, or are we on the run from the government....or both? If they're not on the run then I'd like a line up of Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magik, Warpath, Iceman and Frenzy.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: Thats a pretty cool team. Personally I'd like the concept of the team fighting Extinction level threats while still being on the run

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I'm thinking Gillen would have added Darwin, Rogue or Frenzy once it became clear no one was going to use them on the X-Men side. I also see more friction between the X-teams, since (if were saying AvX didn't leave the Extinction team idea flat) there'd be more of a trade of characters back and forth. Also maybe Iceman since they'd need the power.

Rogue was already planned to be a part of UA. Frenzy liked to be heroic, I don't think she would fit, of course, writers decide who does but that's my feeling. Darwin would be cool, but he was very loyal to Xavier before he's gone totally death god, why would he join Scott? Just curious why you chose them :)

And Iceman is too insecure for being an outlaw lol Really, the way it is shown he really doesn't like Summers, something that I can't understand since they're the first X-men and are together since '63, Liu's arc where he is getting possessed was also overlooked, again, giving us even more hypocrisy from JGS crew. It's not that I'm some hardcore Cyclops fanatic, but this is exactly what we get on panel, or I am missing something?

Anyways, that team would be still very cool, but I want Warpath in the X-force in the end! Those knives are in dire need of being exposed.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koays  Online

@adamtrmm said:
    @koays said:

Rogue was already planned to be a part of UA. Frenzy liked to be heroic, I don't think she would fit, of course, writers decide who does but that's my feeling. Darwin would be cool, but he was very loyal to Xavier before he's gone totally death god, why would he join Scott? Just curious why you chose them :)

And Iceman is too insecure for being an outlaw lol Really, the way it is shown he really doesn't like Summers, something that I can't understand since they're the first X-men and are together since '63, Liu's arc where he is getting possessed was also overlooked, again, giving us even more hypocrisy from JGS crew. It's not that I'm some hardcore Cyclops fanatic, but this is exactly what we get on panel, or I am missing something?

Anyways, that team would be still very cool, but I want Warpath in the X-force in the end! Those knives are in dire need of being exposed.

Like I said in another post, it depends on whether or not were keeping the whole extinction team gimmick or going with the Outlaw team that we have now. If were keeping the Extinction team thing going after AvX without changing the outcome, then I can see it as sort of a redemption book for Scott, Emma and Magik as they take on giant threats in order to make up for what they did with the phoenix. Then I could see Rogue joining as a moral compose or Frenzy just being thrown in to continue her character growth from legacy. Either way I'd see Iceman joining after his Astonishing Arc in order to make up for his actions while infected. That way the JGS team wouldn't seem so bias against Scott as they do when you compare their reactions.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue joining this team is an interesting thought. I cant say if its ooc or not. Her actions in AVX make and her relationship with Scott on Utopia toward the end make this seem highly unlikely. Also considering how close she is to Wolverine and all. On the other hand, Uncanny Avengers paints a slightly different picture of her seemingly taking it back to the early angry out of control days. In terms of her power set it made me think of Synch and how cool it would be to bring him back and put him in Uncanny. Being a former student of Emma could help add more depth to her character considering the treatment she's getting currently. ( I find myself wondering why shes even there

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.