Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What worse, when it comes to a comic.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll What worse, when it comes to a comic. (25 votes)

A good story, with terrible artwork. 16%
    Good artwork, with a bad story 52%
    A bit of both 32%

I was reading the Red Skull, Battleworld series. I like the story, the idea behind it, the artwork is really bad. Just look at this.

No Caption Provided

Its why I wanted to created this poll. I wanted to know your thoughts on bad artwork and bad writing. Whats worse for you, when it comes to a comic.

Then I look at the X-Men titles during the secret Wars event. Old Man Logan seems to be the only series that has good artwork. I think most of the X-Men titles seem decent, but the artwork lets it them down.

Please share your thoughts and picks an option that applies to you.

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Good art with bad writing.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good artwork with a bad story.

The art can look like god in heaven, but if the story is awful then I say my goodbyes early.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked the first option. I will pick up a comic, if I'm interested in the story and I like the characters involved. The artwork will have a big say. Whether I continue to read the series. Whelther I rated the series or a story arc.

Artwork is important to me, when it comes to reading a new series, about new characters.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's so bad about this art? Not saying it's good, but I'm not sure what people are looking for really. Please explain.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's so bad about this art? Not saying it's good, but I'm not sure what people are looking for really. Please explain.

just looks really bad. I mean when the characters are attack. It's just looks awful.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CobraCommander

@time said:

I picked the first option. I will pick up a comic, if I'm interested in the story and I like the characters involved. The artwork will have a big say. Whether I continue to read the series. Whelther I rated the series or a story arc.

Artwork is important to me, when it comes to reading a new series, about new characters.

Absolutey understandable.

I like my art as well. I'd be lying if I said that on numerous occasions art wasn't the reason I put my hands on some comics.

In reverse of what you posted though, I can't seem to stay interested in a comic book if the story doesn't complement the artwork.

I do think that comparing some of the other art to Andreas Sorrentino's is a little unfair though. lol

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@cobracommander said:
    @time said:

Absolutey understandable.

I like my art as well. I'd be lying if I said that on numerous occasions art wasn't the reason I put my hands on some comics.

In reverse of what you posted, I can't seem to stay interested in a comic book if the story doesn't complement the artwork.

I do think that comparing some of the other art to Andreas Sorrentino's is a little unfair though. lol

I'm reading all the X-Men titles that are part of the secret wars event. Old man Logan seems be the only series that has good writing and decent artwork. All the other titles have bad artwork. Even though the writing is pretty good. With the exception of E is for Extinction. Not sure what to make of that. Artwork and writing is very bad. It seems like a pissed take out off Emma, Scott and Jean.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ramior

définitly the good art with bad story, but the worse thing who can appen in comics is...editoral mandent.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait Lady Deathstrike killed 3 Thors? Damn that's a bad b****.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll take bad art over bad writing any day of the week.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it takes exceptionally bad art for me to even notice....

Like i'm sure Latour was trying to be deep and give us some serious development and conclict between the students and the principles that the JGS was founded on.... but i stopped paying attention the moment Storm became Mr. PotatoHead

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.