What will happen one the orignal 5 go back to thier timeline.....

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

will all-new x-men comicbook come to an end or would they get new students to take over?????

#2 Edited by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

When the comic stops selling well they will magically go back.

#3 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

the story arc is kinda going slow.....yeesh

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6960 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Cyclops will patent bottled water........

#5 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

Xavier will wipe their minds of all that has happened. :D

#6 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

They'll be the X-men of earth 2 or whatever.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

This.

#8 Posted by XsPectre28 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

alternate reality

#9 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Young Cyclops will patent bottled water........

hahahaha nice

#10 Posted by kid Apollo (717 posts) - - Show Bio

alt reality, Jean never dies, Beast never turns furry and blue, Angel decides to leave the team early (instead of Beast), Iceman stays the same, and Cyclops is loved by millions

#11 Posted by Sissel (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

New X-treme X-men book.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Xaiver mind rapes them. I thought Bendis made that kind of blatant.

#13 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel said:

New X-treme X-men book.

There is one out now with Dazzler front and centre. Do you mean cancel the current one or bring other mutants into New X-Men?

#14 Posted by Avenger85 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this whole time-travel thing is crap. IMHO its a big mistake to look at the future or past and try to go back to change it. Whatever happened happened, whatever will happen will happen. If there's one thing about Marvel Comics that I absolutely HATE, it's the shitload of time-travel & alternate realities getting all mixed up. They should just stick to one reality. And I'd like that the reality to be the one where Rachel Summers is born. That girl has it the worst. Hopefully young Scott & Jean make up & we can see a kid Rachel in this stupid alternate reality future-time-thing lol.

All thanks to that idiot Beast. Never like the furball, now he's the most annoying character in Marvel. Someone needs to get him off his high horse. How about someone go into the past and mutate the human-looking young Hank into a DONKEY form. That'll teach his future self to not mess with TIME itself.

#15 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Sissel said:

New X-treme X-men book.

There is one out now with Dazzler front and centre. Do you mean cancel the current one or bring other mutants into New X-Men?

That one's already scheduled to be cancelled; I assume Sissel means that All New X-men would become an alternate reality book about the O5 back in their own timeline.

Which I wouldn't be averse to, as long as Bendis, or whoever was writing it, actually did their homework. It would at least interest me more than the alternate reality books that are getting cancelled. Like X-men Adventures, but still kinda in continuity.

#16 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, as a serious reader, the writing in this book is a train wreck. But, yeah, as soon as it stops selling well, they will go back and some form of retcon will be applied which would negate any changes their knowledge should inflict on the current team.

#17 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

For me, as a serious reader, the writing in this book is a train wreck. But, yeah, as soon as it stops selling well, they will go back and some form of retcon will be applied which would negate any changes their knowledge should inflict on the current team.

unless they aren't the current team, and are now from a parallel universe, which seems just as likely.

#18 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: well if you want the reality where rachels born, then you want earth 811, the Days of Future past reality where sentinels rule north america and almost all of the avengers, xmen, and fantastic four are dead.......

#19 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the point of them bringing them to the future anyway? Won't this just create a alternate reality where cyclops doesnt make the decisions he has? Which means that earth 616 will be the same. The only way to fix earth 616 would be to have the original 5 talk to present day Cyclops and make him change his mind.

#20 Posted by Sissel (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojo111 said:

Whats the point of them bringing them to the future anyway? Won't this just create a alternate reality where cyclops doesnt make the decisions he has? Which means that earth 616 will be the same. The only way to fix earth 616 would be to have the original 5 talk to present day Cyclops and make him change his mind.

I think that's actually Bendis might be going. Wish they make it more believable how current Scott will be changed by the O5 actions and talk.

@lykopis said:

@Sissel said:

New X-treme X-men book.

Dangallant984 is right. I'm just saying that the best and most likely scenario to happen after this is to make another reality which can feature the O5's new future.

#21 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel: whew, I was beginning to think I was invisible on this thread..

#22 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@lykopis said:

@Sissel said:

New X-treme X-men book.

That one's already scheduled to be cancelled; I assume Sissel means that All New X-men would become an alternate reality book about the O5 back in their own timeline.

Which I wouldn't be averse to, as long as Bendis, or whoever was writing it, actually did their homework. It would at least interest me more than the alternate reality books that are getting cancelled. Like X-men Adventures, but still kinda in continuity.

@Sissel said:

@lykopis said:

@Sissel said:

New X-treme X-men book.

Dangallant984 is right. I'm just saying that the best and most likely scenario to happen after this is to make another reality which can feature the O5's new future.

Thanks for the clarification. :) It would be the direction that would make the most sense.

#23 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, someone fill me in here. I know about xtreme but when did someone mention "All New" going out of 616? Can I get a link or citation or something?

#24 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: The O5 that Beast brought to the present aren't from 616, or they won't be when they go back.

#25 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: No, I get that but did it (in some book somewhere) implicitly state that? That was my point...

#26 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: No, not yet; this is largely just informed conjecture on my part.

#27 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH......I see. It is an interesting idea, however I must confess it would be sad for them to waste such potential by doing that. At least DC when backed into the corner has the testicular fortitude to hit the reset button. It would really make me sad if they just let it drift away into nothing.

#28 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: well, that's one way of putting it. But I think this would be a good compromise; it would be a fresh start for new readers OR people who don't like so much of what's in continuity now, but without losing the good stories that can be made out of the rich history the X-men have already established. Conceptually it interests me more than, say, Ultimate X-men, which is probably the closest analogue.

Like the new 52, it would largely be a contemporising of the original stories, which I think could be good, but not just starting from scratch like the Ultimate line, or scrapping all of what's been established like the new 52. The 616 universe we all know would be fine, and the "All New" universe would be it's own new adventure, and they would still technically be in continuity with each other; it could be the best of both worlds.

#29 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

That is the big question. Things aren't just going to go back to normal. Even if Xavier mind wiped them. Xavier will still know.

#30 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Man you had to bring ultimate into it. I loved that book, one of Millar's best when it started. Then it went all reservoir dogs. Anyway, I would not want to venture into another continuity One thing comics continuity has taught me is the highlander rule. There can be only one prime continuity, anything else is subject to random cancellation or retcon.

I like the notion of having a tight continuity, but post flashpoint? Im in love with the fact that stories that arent discussed (that happen to be ones that I didnt like)? Yea they didnt happen. It is the only way to keep history reasonable as these series last for decade after decade yet no one ages properly and the times changes around him without that event occurring. Cyclops should be old as dirt now. Let them flashpoint X-Men, I say. If I risk some really good stories being lost, so be it. Better to do that than to experience another era where all my favorite characters are changed into someone else's personality almost entirely to keep them "relevant" which honestly is f***ing annoying. Id rather my character perma-die the person they were and someone else take over, Digressing.

#31 Posted by Avenger85 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH I think that the old X-Men history that we all know ( all the way from Uncanny X-Men 1) will be effectively destroyed and reset into whatever crap Bendis wants it to be once the O5 go back into their own time. I'm gonna miss Cable and Rachel as they're not gonna exist and Cyclops is no longer gonna be calling the shots as the team leader.

Then after the cluster-f*ck that follows they'll have to reset or retcon it all over again lol.

#32 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

TBH I think that the old X-Men history that we all know ( all the way from Uncanny X-Men 1) will be effectively destroyed and reset into whatever crap Bendis wants it to be once the O5 go back into their own time. I'm gonna miss Cable and Rachel as they're not gonna exist and Cyclops is no longer gonna be calling the shots as the team leader.

Then after the cluster-f*ck that follows they'll have to reset or retcon it all over again lol.

Time travel in marvel doesn't work that way. The only possible outcome is a divergent timeline/reality

#33 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: Man you had to bring ultimate into it. I loved that book, one of Millar's best when it started. Then it went all reservoir dogs. Anyway, I would not want to venture into another continuity One thing comics continuity has taught me is the highlander rule. There can be only one prime continuity, anything else is subject to random cancellation or retcon.

I like the notion of having a tight continuity, but post flashpoint? Im in love with the fact that stories that arent discussed (that happen to be ones that I didnt like)? Yea they didnt happen. It is the only way to keep history reasonable as these series last for decade after decade yet no one ages properly and the times changes around him without that event occurring. Cyclops should be old as dirt now. Let them flashpoint X-Men, I say. If I risk some really good stories being lost, so be it. Better to do that than to experience another era where all my favorite characters are changed into someone else's personality almost entirely to keep them "relevant" which honestly is f***ing annoying. Id rather my character perma-die the person they were and someone else take over, Digressing.

First off, by marvel time (the old 3-1 ratio), Cyclops should be in his early 30's (like me) which is a far cry from being "old as dirt". hahaha!

eh..secondly, I do think there should be one main continuity, which there is, I just don't think a story has to be set in that continuity to be good (or, by extension, relevant). You said yourself that you liked Ultimate X-men.

The original Ultimates was one of my favourite Avengers stories; All Star Superman, the Dark Knight Returns, What ever happened to the Man of Tomorow?,none of them were in continuity. And now none of Allan Moore's work for DC is. Or Jack Kirby's. No one stands to lose anything from this, if Marvel's doing what I think they're doing.

#34 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: 3-1...you're funny bro. Dude magneto has abs you can grate cheese on...and by your rating he should be at least 60...Hellz yeah man. Alan Moore, now THERE is the pinnacle of the british comics movement. Morri-who? I guess I'll have to think more about the one continuity thing maybe I cannot see the forest because of the trees.

#35 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Physically. Magneto should be in his 50's because of being de-aged, but, even by Marvel time, he should actually be in his 60's at least, yeah.

And yeah, a main continuity is really cool for the whole shared universe thing that both Marvel and DC have going on, but if a story doesn't need to involve outside characters, it is sort of superfluous.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.