Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What the next X-Men game needs to be

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

We can all agree that X-Men Destiny was not the X-Men game we've been waiting for. It had some good ideas, but it's overall presentation, repetitiveness and it's shortness was what kept it from being truly great in my opinion.

Now for a truly great X-Men game, Bioware would need to make it. Mass Effect and the playthroughs of Star Wars TOR are perfect examples of what they're capable of in terms of story telling, character interaction, and role playing.

I see a Bioware X-Men game like this. Have a new mutant like Shepard where you can pick their background, choose their gender, and adjust their look.

Character creation:Now since mutants can look like pretty anything regardless of what their actual powers are, Bioware could go all out for the character creator such as having the option to go for odd skin color, pointy ears or no ears at all, a tail, fangs, horns, you name it.

Background choice: You would be able to choose what kind of background your mutant has. Are you just a regular person who suddenly has his powers activate and you make your way to Xavier's school? Are you a Weapon X experiment escaped before you had adamantium grafted to your bones? Did you have mutant parents and your powers were active from birth, but your parents were killed by Purifiers giving you a negative view of humans? It's up to you!

Powers: The power section should be less about power selection and more about archtypes. These would be divided up into four categories:

Telekinetic is an obvious powerset and a classic, though it would unlock passive abilities like developing telepathy later on to aid in making conversation choices, tactile telekinetic shield to defend from attacks, etc.

Feral is more in line with Wolverine, Beast, and X-23. It can give you a slight healing factor to begin with, claws, or even the ability to turn into a were-beast form which you can choose to keep active or not.

Energy control can range from having Havok's to Gambit's powers and anything in between. You wou choose one type of energy to control to begin with and have the option to branch out into other energies.

Elemental would give you the power to control earth, fire, generate and morph your body into water, and Storm's powers as an unlockable after you beat the game the first time.

Story: I say a fusion of the various continuities thus creating a truly unique, though not unfamiliar, universe for your character to explore.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By McKlayn

I have to say this is interesting, and a Bioware game is a great game. You pointed out two good ones, but Dragon Age is one of their creations too which is a killer game, honestly though i would like it to have a feature similar to the newest Resident Evil game, where in choosing your background you change your overall story. By taking a starting point from say idk Schism where you have two different options choosing one background might land you with wolverine and in his school, another on utopia and maybe even a third that has you wondering the streets by yourself until you find some of the X men (new mutants maybe?) those allowing 3-4 entirely different games in one. All focusing around a big event but showing different sides of the events similar to how they tried to do with Destiny only actually you know different :-p

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@McKlayn: That also sounds interesting!! Good idea!!

Avatar image for georgewashington
    GeorgeWashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GeorgeWashington

I think it should be open-world, too.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4  Edited By McKlayn

@GeorgeWashington: Open world would be very interesting but most modern RPGS have cut those off, unless you go the way of stuff like Skyrim and that would be hard to factor in the "party" system and honestly being able to team up with your favorites (wolverine, Cyclops gambit whoever) would really appeal to alot of players, then the ability to make up your own and customize it really appeals to alot as well so kind of the best of both worlds. Something more Open yet Contained like FFX or 13 maybe those were both vast and large worlds, or even like Dragon age as it opens up as the story progresses and you can go back and visit other places you have already been

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@McKlayn: Well Skyrim is about 15 miles total so yeah that could work/

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By poisonfleur

I wanted to play as my favorite X-men characters.

Also Mutliplayer would be a huge plus.

If X-men Legends was mixed with something like Saints row 2 or Final Fantasy would be interesting. I always believe that if Square Enix made and X-men game, it would be legendary.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skaddix

Well Marvel is owned by Disney and Square makes Kingdom Hearts for Disney so yeah they should do it.

It depends on what you want a fighter game then yeah all your favorites makes sense

If you are a new character well then you need to break down x-abilities into essentially classes. Bricks, Psychics, Elementals, Ferals, Energy Manipulation, Tech Based Powers, Magic Based and Speedsters. Probably going need stats and talents. Also going need some predesigned templates of all your favorites.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By desmond006

If the goal is trying to create a rpg I agree, bioware would be a great option.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.