Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What Male character should lead an X-Men team next

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll What Male character should lead an X-Men team next (41 votes)

Gambit 10%
    Iceman 7%
    Beast 12%
    Archangel 2%
    Cannonball 39%
    Colossus 10%
    Magneto 20%
     • 
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to Magneto lead a team, see how he does or Gambit, Iceman could be fun.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

ITS TIME, it is time for them to stop using my boy sam as freaking comic relief and give him a real team!! not a New Mutants team but a real official X men team with some big guns and let him go to town

on a side note id love to see Chamber lead a team he appeared to be being groomed as the leader of GEn X at certain points so id like to see him take up that role

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm sorry but there can only be one, and his name is Scott Summers!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By time1

Scott is boring, it's time for others to step up.

I like Bendis Cyclops, but last 6 years I have been bored with Scott and Logan. Why can't the others lead a team and get major development. Comics are too centre around Scott Summers life. What about the others.

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

I would like to Magneto lead a team, see how he does or Gambit, Iceman could be fun.

Excluding Gambit

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think it should be bobby's turn scott has had his chance and logan doesn't need to be on another team he is the most powerful (or on paper he is) of the original 5 still remaining its not like he is an idiot he has been to college and has spent more of his life been an x-man than the rest as he was the youngest. beast gets to wrapped up in his work and archangel isn't the angel that originally joined up. i think iceman at least deserves the chance

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Cannonball or Prodigy, other than that no one else, because really and truly, the male X-Characters are quite boring.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for Cannonball to do it, he's been around for 30 years and has never lead a main team (X-Force was filled with kids, lets be honest)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Would be great to see Bobby step up.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannonball. Actually I was just about to make this thread one of these days. What happened to him? Around x-cutioner's song he was being hyped as a good leader, product of 3 teachers, charlie, magneto, and cable. Going on about how much more talent x-force had than when x-men were that age. Anyways he seemed redesigned as some skinny kid after x-force. Mostly fell off the face of the earth. Least he's immortal, and has time to step up again

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Cannonball, of any of these choices.

I wouldn't mind seeing Iceman or Gambit step up either, but I don't see either of them as leaders.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Colossus. Why? He always kills someone on his own team. Always.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@rickbarry said:

are you just trollin'? He accidentally "killed" Storm during the outback era, but I don't remember him killing any other X-men ever. Or any member of Excaliber. Did he kill some Acolytes?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#14  Edited By knighthood

Not thrilled with the choices. I went with Beast due to his intellect.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not thrilled with the choices. I went with Beast due to his intellect.

I'm not sure that Beast's the best candidate currently, but he was definitely my favourite leader when he stepped up in the 90's.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Pretty much this. Half the time I read something with him in it, he's the clown or a lazy sack of potatoes. Do something with him!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@rickbarry said:

are you just trollin'? He accidentally "killed" Storm during the outback era, but I don't remember him killing any other X-men ever. Or any member of Excaliber. Did he kill some Acolytes?

When was this ?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#18  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:

Pretty much this. Half the time I read something with him in it, he's the clown or a lazy sack of potatoes. Do something with him!

Yeah and he's probably the strongest X-Men if you don't count over powered telepathy.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McKlayn

I voted for cannonball but id just like to say (since hes getting no love at this point) That i loved Warren in a leadership role, he was an interesting character as "Arch Angel" and if they wouldn't of basically killed him in the X force arc where he was reborn or wtf ever he would be one of the better candidates

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Cannonball, with Moonstar as his co-leader!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@papad1992: Been there done that.

Cannonball needs to lead again and preferably a team distinct from the New Mutants.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip said:

@papad1992: Been there done that.

Cannonball needs to lead again and preferably a team distinct from the New Mutants.

Who said anything about New Mutants? They've gelled so well as co-leaders before... why can't they co-lead the X-Men together! Moonstar is a natural born leader!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:

No. I'm not trolling. I'm counting alt verses as well. He trampled his own wife in Age of Apocalypse, ripped Logan in half in 1610 and didn't he nearly kill Wisdom in Excalibur as well? I want loose cannons as my leaders. It'll be just like Game of Thrones, but X-men.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cannonball needs to get the hell out of the Avengers and lead a damn team again.

He'd be ideal to lead the New X-Men/Gen X mutants.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I vote for Beast.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ageofhurricane said:

@oldnightcrawler said:are you just trollin'? He accidentally "killed" Storm during the outback era, but I don't remember him killing any other X-men ever. Or any member of Excaliber. Did he kill some Acolytes?

When was this ?

I was mistaken, that didn't happen either. It was.. Havoc?

the replacement era X-men are a poorly drawn blur for me.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Guess I'm a noob. Don't know who Cannonball is. But I think a Gambit-led team would be interesting.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I'm not trolling. I'm counting alt verses as well. He trampled his own wife in Age of Apocalypse, ripped Logan in half in 1610 and didn't he nearly kill Wisdom in Excalibur as well? I want loose cannons as my leaders. It'll be just like Game of Thrones, but X-men.

okay, so he, the 616 Colossus, the one I just assumed we were talking about, has actually never killed one of his team mates? I don't think he has. He was the first X-man to kill (as an X-man, I realize Wolverine's been killing since before the rest were born), and he was the youngest member at the time. I also know he's killed out of anger (Riptide, for example), and that he's definitely been a loose cannon.

But I tend to think of him as a pretty good gauge of when things are really messed up for the X-men in general, as in, if he's the guy who's going off (like in Mutant Massacre, the Muir Island Saga, Fatal Attractions, Gifted, or most recently between Schism and AvsX), things are already pretty bad for everyone.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yea thats kind of how i see him in the 616, its because he is so cool and calm, nothing makes him angry most the time (or in the past hes really taken a character shift lately with the juggernaut thing and avx) so when he snaps you know things are really fucked up. It shows the breaking point of ANY man

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yea thats kind of how i see him in the 616, its because he is so cool and calm, nothing makes him angry most the time (or in the past hes really taken a character shift lately with the juggernaut thing and avx) so when he snaps you know things are really fucked up. It shows the breaking point of ANY man

exactly. Sometimes I think that people forget that Colossus was meant to be a point of view character, and that virtually all of his "loose cannon" moments can be seen in a more symbolic, or even meta, way.

When he killed Riptide, I'm sure he mirrored the frustration of many fans who were upset with the darker, more serious themes that the book was exploring at the time. When he let loose on Fitzroy or the Acolytes, while his sister was sick with the legacy virus, you could feel him losing hope that he could ever be happy with the X-men. Magik's death, and his subsequent turn with Magneto, represented his complete loss of innocence, signalling for X-men fans everywhere that the old days were really now over. His first attack on Ord can be taken as a fan service at the writers who kill and revive characters, thus "torturing" the fans. Even his recent turn as the Juggernaut (an unstoppable force of destruction) can be seen as symbolic of the inevitability of war between the divided mutant factions.

Given all of this, I think we have reason to give some thought to the fact that he's now once again left the X-men altogether, feeling that he has no place with them.

t3hLomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Out of all those choices: Beast

Magneto wouldn't be given a team cause there will be that threat that he'll make them evil, and everyone else on that list doesn't really seem capable of leading a team.

Especially Warren. What the heck is he doing on this list in the first place haha

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannonball. He was being groomed to be a great leader alongside Danielle Moonstar, and keeps getting pushed to B tier.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can we show this to marvel as kind of a petition and get him off the Avengers and leading an X book?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#34 god_spawn  Moderator

NUH UH!! He only almost killed Cable.

Checkmate.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: Stop pokin' holes in all my ideas! You see, as a Colossamaniac, I know that Pete allowed both of them to live so that he might strike in a more public setting. He's just waiting to mega punch Illyana and Cable when they're together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.