What makes Storm so appealing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been on Comicvine for a while now and I have realised that she is a fan favourite of quite a few followers. I just dont see the appeal of the character.........someone enlighten me please.

#1 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redalert_27: lightning? *shrugs*
#2 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

....She...does...um, stuff? With...uh, weather...and stuff...>_> 

Just wait for a fanboy to swing by.

#3 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm I guess i could write a whole big thing about this but nah....I'll keep it short.

Shes a Smart interdependent Woman who doesn't take crap from anyone. he's got Street smarts and can be a good tough leader at times, but is also very caring and motherly. 

I think that sums her up....=p still one of my Least fav X-girls for the record tho.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has been done.

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutly nothing makes he appealing

#6 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redalert_27:  Oh I know in the 90's cartoon she announces everything shes going to be doing with her powers!
#7 Posted by Sebastian Dark (224 posts) - - Show Bio

her body i dont know
#8 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex said:
" @Redalert_27:  Oh I know in the 90's cartoon she announces everything shes going to be doing with her powers! "
LMAO 
#9 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing, she has vomit-worthy dialog at the best of times.

#10 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex: lololol 

@Pacperson:
  I dont hate her but i just dont understand the pedestal she is placed upon.
#11 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex said:

" @Redalert_27:  Oh I know in the 90's cartoon she announces everything shes going to be doing with her powers! "

Hahahaha It's True....Maybe the 90's cartoon isn't the best example of her...  
#12 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

shes hot, sexy, powerful. hmmmm its all good.

#13 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson: lol I am so glad you found that video.
#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson: Wow. Dramatic much?
#15 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson: lol im guessing not
#16 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

absolutely nothing. now lets talk about wonderwoman what makes her appealing?

#17 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69:  Ridiculous super strength, a magic lasso, and an invisible plane. ooooo i almost forgot that she comes from a extremely feminist island. Who wouldnt find such a character enthralling.
#18 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Her power level exceeds TOAA

#19 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: TOAA?
#20 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redalert_27: TOAA

The supreme being of Marvel
#21 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc:  Just goes to show that we learn something new everyday.
#22 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redalert_27 said:
" @DH69:  Ridiculous super strength, a magic lasso, and an invisible plane. ooooo i almost forgot that she comes from a extremely feminist island. Who wouldnt find such a character enthralling. "

so does 80% of the super hero world, only cowboys can use lasso's and not be mocked, she can fly (dont know or care how) why does she need a jet, and whats the point of an ivisible jet that doesnt even hide the pilot? and oooh an island full of feminists...real amazons lopped off a breast, last time i checked wonder woman was rockin the wonder bra, ergo she's a poser. and last time i checked they try to pass off EVERY female superhero as a feminist, its lost all meaning, like everyone who wears a leather trenchcoat is a badass
#23 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69:  Just to make sure I hope you knew I was being sarcastic. I actually do not read DC comics............only two characters i follow are batman and green arrow. Most I know of WW is from cartoons.
#24 Edited by ZombieFanatic (27 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes Storm so appealing?........well She's african royalty for one  (she was worshipped as a goddess)and two she probaly has one of the most dynamic powers ever....there's a very broad spectrum of what she can do.... 
Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of weather over vast areas. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can control the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes, as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well. precise control over the atmosphere allows her to create special weather effects. She can create precipitation at higher or lower altitudes than normal, make whirlwinds travel pointing lengthwise in any direction, channel ambient electromagnetism through her body to generate electric blasts, flash freeze objects and people, coalesce atmospheric pollutants into acid rain or toxic fog, and summon wind currents strong enough to support her weight to elevate herself to fly at high altitudes and speeds. Her control is so great that she can even manipulate the air in a person's lungs. She can also control the pressure inside the human inner ear, an ability she uses to cause intense pain. She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to become partially transparent, and in later comics, almost completely invisible. 
Her control is so great that she can even manipulate the air in a person's lungs. She can also control the pressure inside the human inner ear, an ability she uses to cause intense pain. She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to become partially transparent, and in later comics, almost completely invisible.

Storm has also demonstrated the ability to control natural forces that include cosmic storms, solar wind, ocean currents, and the electromagnetic field. She has demonstrated the ability to separate water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen via electrolysis, allowing her to breathe underwater. While in outer space, she is able to affect and manipulate the interstellar and intergalactic mediums. Storm can alter her visual perceptions so as to see the universe in terms of energy patterns, detecting the flow of kinetic, thermal and electromagnetic energy behind weather phenomena and can bend this energy to her will. ........and thats just her powers....not to mention she beat cyclops for the leader spot with no powers she's also a master theif and lock pick and skilled,cunning and gifted hand to hand fighter  Storm is an excellent marksman with handguns, and is proficient in the use of knives. Storm is also fluent in Russian, Arabic and Swahili. ....then tie in her years with the x-men the relationship with the professor tie all that together and you get  kick ass X-woman........Oh and she's married to black panther........ :-)

#25 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shadow King as her boyfriend.

#26 Posted by eldestrisk (632 posts) - - Show Bio

Her name. Ororo... Ororo... Ororo... Ororor...

I don't know. =P

#27 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Storm is an awesome character (obviously :-). I have followed the character for many years. I like that she is fierce,  uniquely powerful and at the same time fraily human, among other reasons.

#28 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

she's exotic, strong, independent, level-headed, and crazy powerful. she's a goddess, a witch, a theif, a leader, a former vampire, yet she's relatable and still down to earth. Not to mention she's the kind of gal that won't take no bull, that's always a plus.

#29 Posted by Whoa (465 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her powers... :) 

Many people either love her or are extremely annoyed of her lol, either way its all good. 

#30 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc:  thats bs by the way lol
#31 Posted by Whoa (465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex:  
haha, I'm pretty sure he was just joking (hopefully) :)
#32 Posted by geminicomplex (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is a straight up badass. What made her classically unique was that she was a strong black female character from a time when that didn't exist in comics. She's someone who doesn't need to rely on her powers but at the same time has powers that really only Thor has in the MU (unless I'm mistaken). She's been watered down in the last few years but she's really fierce in her beliefs which makes her a good leader. Ultimately, she's a character that's rich with her own history and has an image that stands out enough for people who aren't comic fans to know who she is.

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redalert_27 said:
"  What makes Storm so appealing?"  

The skimpy outfits 

M
#34 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8135 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos said:
" @Redalert_27 said:
"  What makes Storm so appealing?"  
 The skimpy outfits  M "

LOL Probably that to :P

@geminicomplex said:
"Storm is a straight up badass. What made her classically unique was that she was a strong black female character from a time when that didn't exist in comics. She's someone who doesn't need to rely on her powers but at the same time has powers that really only Thor has in the MU (unless I'm mistaken). She's been watered down in the last few years but she's really fierce in her beliefs which makes her a good leader. Ultimately, she's a character that's rich with her own history and has an image that stands out enough for people who aren't comic fans to know who she is. "

^Stated Perfectly 

#35 Posted by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio

This

This.........

This..........
#36 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@boob:  Yeah you are a boob.
#37 Posted by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:
I do my best =P
#38 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Her power level exceeds TOAA "
lol.",)

Storm is appealing mainly because of her powers. Then comes her unique appearance and third, her character.
#39 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect her as a character, but I'm not too fond of her.  I don't really understand the appeal.

#40 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.