Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What is your view on the Rogue/Magneto relationship?

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Rogue and Magneto dated for not that long Marvel time and Rogue wasn't quite sure what to feel about him often or how to take take things. What was your view on the relationship?

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I didnt care for it. That may be partly because Ive always rooted for Rogue and Gambit. I always thought putting Magneto with Rogue was a way of further hurting his character in the eyes of some. Dont get me wrong Mags should have a love interest but just not robbing the cradle with a young Rogue

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Eh, I'm biased...I liked Rogue's X-Men Legacy run, but Magneto in the cast really added to it a lot.....and isn't that what we want, add something to the story that improves it rather then takes away or doesn't do anything?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By adamTRMM

The tension and precedent were there since 90s, yet the execution was pretty weak and kinda unnatural. Unlike many, I think Carey's Legacy wasn't that good at all, neither were Rogneto. Of course, some moments were beautiful, it still couldn't make this feel like nothing, but nothing holds them together, yet they continue this relationship, while the final excuse for putting them together was a stronger AU mutual attraction? I think their potential wasn't realized, and no matter how passionate it had to be (which it wasn't, shamefully) they should've realized - they cannot be together. Not because they're "on the path of finding their destiny" but bc they could hurt each other much more than to do the opposite. That's how I see it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 SC  Moderator

I get the impression that it was editorially mandated and even if it wasn't it was really problematic. Sometimes it just seems like some writers like to try and flaunt to readers that they know their X-Men history by referencing things that happened in the past and trying to build something of it. Like in Onslaught when they referenced Xavier having a slightly creepy love crush on Jean decades earlier. Similar thing with Rogue and Magneto in AOA based on Claremont's Savage Land flirtation. Only problem with either is not every single moment in X-Men history needs to be revisited or used as justification for a plot and for the Rogue and Magneto example, the first writer to reference the two never intended the two characters to ever be something more than an odd flirtation.

Incidentally how I see both characters, they are both better off away from this pairing, from both an in story perspective and creative perspective. I prefer Magneto who doesn't have time for love, the greatest love of his life died already, and to me he would be too stubborn and loyal to ever love again the same way. Intellectually and maturity wise as well he should be far in advance of Rogue, and although he could appreciate her sass, vitality and spirit, I still can't really see how he could be attracted to her unless the writers are forcing it. Alternatively why would Rogue want to play second place, and her platonic relationship with Xavier is a factor here as well, not to mention - and I am a person who prefers Rogue free of romantic relationships - but even then Gambit is a close and good friend, and so the circumstance of Rogue's relationship with Magneto whilst writing Gambit as still interested was weird. Again not that I personally want Rogue with Gambit either, but was messy writing and made Rogue seem unsympathetic. Basically I think it made three of my favorite characters not that likable to me for a time.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEAD.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I didnt care for it. That may be partly because Ive always rooted for Rogue and Gambit. I always thought putting Magneto with Rogue was a way of further hurting his character in the eyes of some. Dont get me wrong Mags should have a love interest but just not robbing the cradle with a young Rogue

What is the right age for a Magneto love interest given that he is actually nearly 90 in the body of someone in his 30s given he was de-aged and re-aged to the prime of his life? Magneto could be Rogue's great grandfather in terms of age, but Wolverine could be her great great great grandfather and yet no one would have a problem about the age issue.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koays

@jmc247: Wolverine doesn't have silver hair. Visually he looks like he's late 30s early 40's depending on the artist. Magneto is drawn anywhere from looking 30 to 80 so its a constant reminder of his age. Still doesn't bother me but just saying

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Cutter

@koays said:

@jmc247: Wolverine doesn't have silver hair. Visually he looks like he's late 30s early 40's depending on the artist. Magneto is drawn anywhere from looking 30 to 80 so its a constant reminder of his age. Still doesn't bother me but just saying

Ages doesn't matter...they just numbers. I assuming Rogue wasn't going by the look rather by the inside of Magneto's heart. Is what I think...she fell for.

As far canon goes...Magneto and Rogue did spend some time together in the Savage land. She was powerless after being flung through the Seige Perilous (long story) and they were trying to stop this psycho hosebeast called zaladane...from stealing Neto's powers. They spent most of their time wandering through the jungles in ripped up, but still barely covering strategic areas clothing, and she used to hang all over him and say things like "Oh, Magnus...whatever shall we do? Hold me, Magnus!" They had this weird thing ever since.

In AoA they were married and had a kid named Charles...but that timeline ceased to exist.

Note: Magneto is the mack daddy pimp of the villains. Beside Rogue, he's had Emma frost drooling all over him...and Storm made eyes at him for a while. Polaris left the X-Men to hang out with him in Genosha because she was addicted to "merging" with him. There was also that freaky incest thing with the Scarlet Witch, but that's best forgotten. And in the movie...he's cozy with Mystique. Not bad for an old dude. I certainly hope...that Magneto and Rogue relationship...doesn't translate to the movie....Imagine Sir Ian Mckellen and Anna Paquin making out? Ewwww!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

@jmc247: Ummm. I would have a problem with Wolverine in the same situation. I have an issue with Wolverine and Storm too. I actually prefer Magneto married to the cause but if he must have a love interest, Im fine with it. I dont know whats the right age, but it aint a 20 something year old Rogue. Maybe Amelia Voght or someone like that

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@jmc247: Ummm. I would have a problem with Wolverine in the same situation. I have an issue with Wolverine and Storm too. I actually prefer Magneto married to the cause but if he must have a love interest, Im fine with it. I dont know whats the right age, but it aint a 20 something year old Rogue. Maybe Amelia Voght or someone like that

Amelia wouldn't be bad though...since Xavier no longer exist...lol. Not bad idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was mad creepy.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine008
    jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell who was less happy with it though in the first picture I posted up top Lorna or Gambit? lol.

@mn_logan said:

It was mad creepy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmc247 said:

I can't tell who was less happy with it though in the first picture I posted up top Lorna or Gambit? lol.

I'd say Gambit, Polaris just looks really embarassed while Gambit looks deeply disturbed and irritated.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Roddy010

Eeks its a disgrace and I hope they never focus on it again. Rogue doesn't need a SUGAH DADDY (pun intended) lol The entire charade was completely random and I feel this match would only cause more unwanted screaaming matches between Rogue and the living plot device. On top of that Rogue and Max's chemistry is about as dry as camel skin.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we're chronicling Rogue/Mags involvement, don't forget the whole Joseph thing.

My dear, allow me to correct ya. Rogue's actually pretty darn old. She's not a teeny booper. When she was first introduced, she looked and acted about 35 or 40. She seems to have gotten YOUNGER over the years. Although, around the 90's they essentially transformed her into a totally different character. Back in the 80's she was real butch, the suddenly and for no apparent reason they transmogrified her into this sex symbol.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@jmc247 said:

@hawk2916 said:

What is the right age for a Magneto love interest given that he is actually nearly 90 in the body of someone in his 30s given he was de-aged and re-aged to the prime of his life? Magneto could be Rogue's great grandfather in terms of age, but Wolverine could be her great great great grandfather and yet no one would have a problem about the age issue.

eh, Magneto was restored to the "prime of his life" in the 70's, so even by marvel time, physically he should be pushing 50 by now.

That's not really the issue for me though, it's more that he's known Rogue since she was a teenager that makes it weird for me. If he hadn't met her until she was an adult, like, say Wolverine and Storm, I probably wouldn't think it was weird. But since he's known her since she was a child and he was not only an adult but a teacher at her school, it kind of crosses some boundaries for me.

not that characters in a story shouldn't cross boundaries, but it's still too weird for writers to act to act like those boundaries aren't there.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we're chronicling Rogue/Mags involvement, don't forget the whole Joseph thing.

My dear, allow me to correct ya. Rogue's actually pretty darn old. She's not a teeny booper. When she was first introduced, she looked and acted about 35 or 40. She seems to have gotten YOUNGER over the years. Although, around the 90's they essentially transformed her into a totally different character. Back in the 80's she was real butch, the suddenly and for no apparent reason they transmogrified her into this sex symbol.

Rogue may have been drawn like she was in her 30's in her first appearance, but by the time she joined the X-men in 83', she was definitely written (and drawn) to still be a teenager. Magneto's definitely known Rogue since she was a kid.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

Rogue may have been drawn like she was in her 30's in her first appearance, but by the time she joined the X-men in 83', she was definitely written (and drawn) to still be a teenager. Magneto's definitely known Rogue since she was a kid.

That's my point here crawler, she's not a kid anymore.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

It was mad creepy.

Couldn't have said it better myself

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldnightcrawler

my point was that even if she's in her mid-late 20's now, he still knew her when she was a kid and he was an adult.

like I said before, if he hadn't known her until she was an adult, I doubt I'd think it was weird at all, regardless of the age difference. But he knew her as a kid first, and that makes it weird.

It would be like if Wolverine went for Kitty; she's an adult now, but he knew her as a child so it'd be weird. Whereas, with Storm, for example, Wolverine may be old enough to be her grandfather, but he didn't know her until she was an adult, so it doesn't seem weird.

see the difference?

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Rogue, so many criticism, just for falling for someone much older then her, and for not knowing exactly how old she is, Magneto gets to be blamed. I'm not saying it's right, but to love someone is to love conditionally accepted. Magneto can be an old man, but he's body says otherwise. I guess he got his way with ladies. Ha.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@poze11 said:

Poor Rogue, so many criticism, just for falling for someone much older then her, and for not knowing exactly how old she is, Magneto gets to be blamed. I'm not saying it's right, but to love someone is to love conditionally accepted. Magneto can be an old man, but he's body says otherwise. I guess he got his way with ladies. Ha.

you mean unconditionally, right?

for the record, I'm not criticizing Rogue for falling for Magneto, that much makes sense to me. I'm criticizing the idea that Magneto would reciprocate feelings for a woman he knew when she was a child and he was an adult (and a teacher at her school).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for unconditional love, but that's not what romantic love is; and it's the romantic implications that make it inappropriate.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think it's sly way of further trying to vilify Magneto and coincidentally portray Rogue as the dumb Southern belle. I would have preferred if they left it alone

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I just think it's sly way of further trying to vilify Magneto and coincidentally portray Rogue as the dumb Southern belle. I would have preferred if they left it alone

you know, I never would have thought of it that way, and I sort of doubt that was ever anyone's intention, but it does sort of end up feeling like that, doesn't it?

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yes, I mean unconditionally. Is not like Rogue is his daughter and they committed a sin. Magneto might be Magneto, but he's still a guy. What guy is gonna denied a hot chick that's all over him, Unless she's a minor or related? Would you?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yeah. Thats what I mean. Im not so sure that wasnt the intention but either way it certainly felt like it. Almost like when someone tried to make it that Xavier was secretly in love with Jean Grey. I felt both instances were a way of discrediting both iconic characters

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like rogue is making out with her grandpa. Gambit and Rogue=Forever

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@poze11 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yes, I mean unconditionally. Is not like Rogue is his daughter and they committed a sin. Magneto might be Magneto, but he's still a guy. What guy is gonna denied a hot chick that's all over him, Unless she's a minor or related? Would you?

I don't think I would. If your first impression of someone is as a child, it seems weird to me to think that they would suddenly become "hot", regardless of what they grew up to be like. Imagine it like if one of your school teachers ended up dating someone you went to school with; it wouldn't matter if that person was an adult when they started dating, it wouldn't even matter that Rogue wasn't in Magneto's class, it would still be weird. It would be like if Xavier dated her, that was their initial relationship.

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: yeah. Thats what I mean. Im not so sure that wasnt the intention but either way it certainly felt like it. Almost like when someone tried to make it that Xavier was secretly in love with Jean Grey. I felt both instances were a way of discrediting both iconic characters

see, to me, that was obviously meant to be inappropriate; that was kind of the point of it. With Rogue and Magneto, I think it was just ill-conceived.

(nice timing, by the way :v)

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@moonlighterstone said:

my point was that even if she's in her mid-late 20's now, he still knew her when she was a kid and he was an adult.

like I said before, if he hadn't known her until she was an adult, I doubt I'd think it was weird at all, regardless of the age difference. But he knew her as a kid first, and that makes it weird.

It would be like if Wolverine went for Kitty; she's an adult now, but he knew her as a child so it'd be weird. Whereas, with Storm, for example, Wolverine may be old enough to be her grandfather, but he didn't know her until she was an adult, so it doesn't seem weird.

see the difference?

You mean great, great, and maybe great grandfather? Sure.

I don't have a problem with the age difference specifically, but I respect the people who are squicked out about it.

If Wolverine ever openly lusted after Rogue, Kitty or Jubilee like Magneto is Lusting after Rogue, yeah, you can bet there would be a problem. I bet most people consider the implications of Magneto being attracted to someone who is younger then his own kids they'd feel a bit weary about it.

Also, how many times has Magneto been called an "old man" in the last few months? If there is some unspoken rule about him being held to this de-aging, but then almost always continuing to be the butt of a joke for his age is even more hilarious.

But as I pointed out, the age difference between Jean and Logan is greater than that between Rogue and Magneto. Logan is at least old enough to be Magneto's father, but Jean is too young to be Rogue's mother, yet there were no complaints on age grounds about Logan lusting after Jean. So, I guess I think there's a bit of hypocrisy about people harping on the the age difference between Magneto and Rogue.

Rogue and Magneto never dated. They f*#@ a couple of times, but it was just for fun. They aren't really in a relationship, many fans think this means they're in love and in a long term relationship. They freaked out. Apparently sex=love/devotion

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forced. Unbelievable and nonsensical. Having Rogue be attracted to Magneto is all shades of wrong (for the character), let alone potentially falling in love with him.

Ridiculous. I'm glad it's over(ish).

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also wonder which one is more stupid, Rogue and Magneto or Mystique and Iceman lol.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, now I think another flaw of this relationship came up which was the lack of reference from other X-men about their "thing", I mean they were a pretty controversial couple yet everyone seemed understanding that "two adults are now trying a new thing and that's absolutely normal" and that's how things don't happen in cases like this... especially not like this.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Since he got de-aged I'm not against it, but eh. It never really won me over either. Just kinda skimmed over those scenes. Rogue's romances were always like the least interesting to me because so often the challenges were strictly physical: she can't be touched. So it's like, the complication for her romances were always the same no matter who the other person was. That gets old.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't mind Rogue being with Magneto. First off the relationship with her and Bobby, was faulted. Gambit and Her , in TAS they were perfect. But in Comics Gambit does to much, playing the field. So When it comes down to the nitty gritty, Magneto adds some stability to someone who lives a very unbalance life like Rogue.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creepy as hell.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By HexThis

Magneto's taste in women is so confusing. He's so unpredictable, he slept with Lee Forrester after she left Scott, he got with Ameila Voight after she left Charles, he fell for his physician, he slept with Wasp and was angry at her for dismissing him, Omega Sentinel was another one he had this cute little affection for, and, just like Charles, he had thing for jailbait Jean.

No Caption Provided

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackarmor: Chris claremont didn't like it at all. From his view, magneto was too classy to take advantage of rogue.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol a book trilogy could be written about the things Claremont doesnt like from after his run...with a prequel focusing on the mid 80's

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cattlebattle
    @koays said:

Lol a book trilogy could be written about the things Claremont doesnt like from after his run...with a prequel focusing on the mid 80's

That's not particularly true. Anything he didn't like about his initial run was usually changes he had to make due to editorial interference, like Kitty and Colossus breaking up or Madelyne Pryor turning out to be a clone. Unless there is something I am not aware of.

I don't know where the poster above you got his information but it is actually speculated that Rogue having a dalliance with Magneto was Jim Lees doing....as around that time Claremonts creative control was slipping and Jim Lee was apparently a huge fan of Magneto, and since Rogue was a character that was really popular at the time, he didn't hesitate to put them together in the first story he drew that featured both of them. Also, the story where their “relationship” originates from just really has them being flirtatious, and kind of intimate with their personal feelings, it made sense since Magneto was feeling quite misunderstood at the time and Rogue felt vulnerable due to her temporary loss of Ms. Marvels powerset., they never actually engage in an full on relationship.....later writers would do that...specifically in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, so people shouldn't totally blame Claremont for it.

As for the actual relationship, I don't know why people hate it so much. I mean, they have things in common; like starting out as villains, or hurting ones they cared for unintentionally with their powers. The age thing is irrelevant as Magneto has been confusingly de-aged or has been stated to age slower than most people—so, by that logic, characters like Wolverine or Wonder Woman or Superman, who are all characters that have some sort of regressed aging, shouldn't be able to date people that age normally because it would be “gross”, right?

At any rate, Magneto has always had weird relationships over the years. He has an out of the blue relationship with Rogue, although Magneto was supposed to real good friends with Xavier in the past the issue where there relationship is explored reveals they only really knew each other for a couple of weeks and Magneto was sort of hateful the entire time, he had a sexual interest in Wasp during Secret Wars, his really hackneyed retcon of him fathering Polaris.....or his weird, but sometimes well written retconned relationship with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch....who I am not even sure are his kids anymore.

Magneto is an overall mess of a character due to many writers interpretations of him.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know where the poster above you got his information but it is actually speculated that Rogue having a dalliance with Magneto was Jim Lees doing....as around that time Claremonts creative control was slipping and Jim Lee was apparently a huge fan of Magneto, and since Rogue was a character that was really popular at the time, he didn't hesitate to put them together in the first story he drew that featured both of them. Also, the story where their “relationship” originates from just really has them being flirtatious, and kind of intimate with their personal feelings, it made sense since Magneto was feeling quite misunderstood at the time and Rogue felt vulnerable due to her temporary loss of Ms. Marvels powerset., they never actually engage in an full on relationship.....later writers would do that...specifically in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, so people shouldn't totally blame Claremont for it.

I actually really liked that of all the X-men on the team, it was Rogue that ended up becoming especially close to Magneto afterwards. It made sense the way it was depicted in the original Savage Land story, and it really highlighted a side of Rogue's character and upbringing that made her perspective seem so singular among the X-men. In some way, we could even see the story reactions of her first joining the team as being a kind of foreshadowing to him taking over the school.

So, even if he wasn't in complete creative control of the direction, Claremont still made sense of the relationship at least.

As for the actual relationship, I don't know why people hate it so much. I mean, they have things in common; like starting out as villains, or hurting ones they cared for unintentionally with their powers.

That they have so much in common is what I like about their relationship.

I just don't think that making the relationship overtly romantic did anything to make it more interesting, and kind of makes both characters look worse.. primarily because he was a teacher at her school when she was a kid. If they had never met before the Savage Land story, I might feel differently about it, but that part still seems inappropriate to pretend isn't there..

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

That's not particularly true. Anything he didn't like about his initial run was usually changes he had to make due to editorial interference, like Kitty and Colossus breaking up or Madelyne Pryor turning out to be a clone. Unless there is something I am not aware of.

I was pretty much referring to the same editorial disagreements. Most things i've read or heard in reference to Claremont and Marvel towards the end of the 80's paint him as inconvenienced by the success of his own work. With the expansion of the property and concessions to the growing creative team as a result being things he had to "overcome" when painting his vision. Not to say that it's not in some ways justified or that in a similar position someone else wouldn't feel the same...just that the guy seems really put upon.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really liked that of all the X-men on the team, it was Rogue that ended up becoming especially close to Magneto afterwards. It made sense the way it was depicted in the original Savage Land story, and it really highlighted a side of Rogue's character and upbringing that made her perspective seem so singular among the X-men. In some way, we could even see the story reactions of her first joining the team as being a kind of foreshadowing to him taking over the school.

So, even if he wasn't in complete creative control of the direction, Claremont still made sense of the relationship at least.

That they have so much in common is what I like about their relationship.

I just don't think that making the relationship overtly romantic did anything to make it more interesting, and kind of makes both characters look worse.. primarily because he was a teacher at her school when she was a kid. If they had never met before the Savage Land story, I might feel differently about it, but that part still seems inappropriate to pretend isn't there..

I agree. One of the reasons Claremont is one of my favorite comic writers was because of the way he could write characters and situations amidst an editorial mandate or someone elses idea would contradict or ruin his own.

For instance, if you had given any other number of writers a mandate to include something like Power Pack in the X-Men book, they might have had some adventure akin to a Saturday morning cartoon program with the Power Pack teaming up with the X-Men to fight the Juggernaut or something. Claremont, on the other hand, would usually be able to deliver a story with some sort of depth or subtext, whether it was about prejudice, loss, death, conflict of the heart...whatever. He was good like that.

@koays said:

I was pretty much referring to the same editorial disagreements. Most things i've read or heard in reference to Claremont and Marvel towards the end of the 80's paint him as inconvenienced by the success of his own work. With the expansion of the property and concessions to the growing creative team as a result being things he had to "overcome" when painting his vision. Not to say that it's not in some ways justified or that in a similar position someone else wouldn't feel the same...just that the guy seems really put upon.

"inconvenienced by the success of his own work"--wow, thats actually an excellent way of putting it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it more than Rogue and Gambit.

TheMadSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It was creepy and weird, and inherently toxic. Two people from two different generations and walks of life trying to hook up always looks odd. Plus Magneto talks to Rogue like he's her father and it makes it even creepier. Stuff like this is why Rogue is never beating those "Magneto's Whore" allegations. From her peers, enemies, or even Magneto's own adult children.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.