Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What is your favorite X-MEN comic book *Series*?

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

What is your *favorite* X-MEN comic book *Series* ?

You may also list your favorite x-men comic book issue, if you have one that stands out..

My favorite X-MEN comic series is ESSENTIAL X-MEN & X-MEN Vol. 2.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Mine is X-men Vol. 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Claremont/Byrne run of X-Men, Grant Morrison's run of New X-Men, and Mark Millar's run of Ultimate X-Men.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koays  Online

New Mutants vol 2/New X-Men: Academy X/ New X-Men....(especially under Kyle and Yost)...it was a continuing and evolving storyline of a group of young mutants. It's pure awesome and mostly because the book wasn't held up by other more noteworthy characters despite them being featured.

Say what you want about Scott and Emma...but the side books were better when they ran the school.

Avatar image for captaintightpants12
    CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I know everyone will talk about Grant Morrison here, but I've got to say that I don't think I've ever enjoyed an X-Men run as much as Brian Michael Bendis on All-New X-Men.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By oldnightcrawler

1. Claremont's classic run on The Uncanny X-men (vol.1) from Days of Future Past (issues 141-142, 1981) to the end of the Mutant Massacre (issue 213, 1986), basically the first 6 years of it being called The Uncanny X-Men.

2. Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men (issues 1-24, 2004-08).

3. Morrison's New X-Men (vol.1), issues 114-141 (2001-03)

4. Lobdell's run on The Uncanny X-Men (vol.1), from issue #297 - Songs End (1993) to issue #318 - Moving Day (1994), which includes Legacies, Fatal Attractions, and the Phalanx Covenant.

And, up until the latest issue (#18), I think I'd say Bendis' Uncanny X-Men (vol.3, 2013) is giving at least Morrison's and Lobdell's runs a run for their money (at least when it isn't crossing over with All-new X-men).

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By chem86

1. X-force vol 1. : Fabian Nicieza(1-43) Yes rob liefeld was involved for the first 11 issues which is unfortunate, but the first 11 really weren't 'that' bad. Once Fabian had full control of the writing after Liefeld was gone, the series really improved. This is a series I will be re-reading until I'm old and grey.

2. All New X-Men : Bendis (1-currently ongoing) This was a series I had no intention of reading, and I'm still kicking myself for almost passing this series up. I read just the first issue cause I was bored and thought I'd just check it out, so rarely do I get hooked to a series from just one/first issue, but this series is a real gem! I have a real love/hate relationship with Bendis, I haven't liked how some his stories have ended(ex. age of ultron) but I can't deny how AMAZING he is at writing characters and how they interact with each other. So far awesome run!

3. New mutants vol.1 Chris Clermont/other writers (1-100) This shit is classic!

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Grant Morrison's New X-Men is the first thing I read and is probably my favorite.

2. Remender's Uncanny X-Force. Great stories and truly amazing artists.

3. X-Force by Kyle & Yost: for some reason, I can read it over and over again and I don't get tired of it.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9  Edited By McKlayn

@ghostrider88 said:

1. Claremont's classic run on The Uncanny X-men (vol.1) from Days of Future Past (issues 141-142, 1981) to the end of the Mutant Massacre (issue 213, 1986), basically the first 6 years of it being called The Uncanny X-Men.

2. Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men (issues 1-24, 2004-08).

3. Morrison's New X-Men (vol.1), issues 114-141 (2001-03)

4. Lobdell's run on The Uncanny X-Men (vol.1), from issue #297 - Songs End (1993) to issue #318 - Moving Day (1994), which includes Legacies, Fatal Attractions, and the Phalanx Covenant.

And, up until the latest issue (#18), I think I'd say Bendis' Uncanny X-Men (vol.3, 2013) is giving at least Morrison's and Lobdell's runs a run for their money (at least when it isn't crossing over with All-new X-men).

^^

I'd alsol ike to add Lobdell's run on Generation X as one of my favs

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite is probably Astonishing X-men by J. Whedon. First series I read :). Morrison's run, X-force by Kyle and Yost and Uncanny X-force by Remender were also great!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

The first half of Uncanny X-Force vol. 1 up till they killed Arch Angel.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@mcklayn said:

^^

I'd also like to add Lobdell's run on Generation X as one of my favs

I really loved the first year or two of Generation X, but it sort of loses me after that. Certainly was one of the better X-books of it's era, though.

@djainess said:

My favorite is probably Astonishing X-men by J. Whedon. First series I read :). Morrison's run, X-force by Kyle and Yost and Uncanny X-force by Remender were also great!

Lucky. Astonishing's great. I'd already read most of the classics by the time I read it, and I still feel like it would have been the best place to start.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

X-Statix.

BB

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i like Ultimate x-men series.

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
    TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Astonishing X-Men with Joss Whedon and Mark Millar's run on Ultimate X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.