What is your favorite Classic X-men story?

#1 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading Essential X-men (I'm almost at the end of Volume 2 and the part where Jean dies) and I am surprised at how enjoyable the ride has been. I thought that reading classic comics was something of an acquired taste, that is if you like current comic book stories it didn't straight away transition into you liking the older stuff. Even though some of the dialogue speaks the obvious, I like how we even get the insight of the thoughts of prominent characters. I was wondering what are people's favorite story or arc?

So far I would say the Dark Phoenix Saga was pretty good but I still have a lot to catch up on.

#2 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Phoenix is a classic story.
#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12796 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
Dark Phoenix is a classic story.
yes sir
#5 Posted by lorex (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past, Inferno, Mutant Massacre and Dark Phoenix Saga are all great classic X-Men story lines. They had a huge impact on the current X-Men continuity.

#6 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past

X-Tinction Agenda
Dark Phoenix Saga
Mutant Massacre
X-Cutioner's Song 
#7 Posted by Misterkyle91 (79 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Phoenix Saga.

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Phoenix Saga
Days of Future Past
God Loves Man Kills

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.