What is your favorite and least favorite X-Men cartoon?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

What is your favorite and least favorite X-Men cartoon? Mine's are: 

Favorite: X-Men: The Animated Series (90s)  - this was practically the series that got me into the X-Men franchise and it had such great stories that came from the comics such as Days of Future Past and The Dark Phoenix Saga.

Least Favorite: Wolverine and the X-Men - I like this show, but it's below the list because it doesn't really focus on the characters other than Wolverine and sometimes, the plot goes by too fast. It makes me wish that this show had a second season just to see where the characters would have gone after the first season.

#2 Edited by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio

Are these threads necessary?? I feel like very single post on the X-men boards is comparing two things that don't really need comparison....or someone asking for some kind of asinine listing

Anyways, I really didn't like any of them aside from the 90's series and of course, I have a big old soft spot for "Pryde of the X-Men" pilot. I think the X-Men Anime series was an awesome display of how the storytelling and action should be in an X-Men series....more mature and adult oriented.

#3 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Are these threads necessary?? I feel like very single post on the X-men boards is comparing two things that don't really need comparison....or someone asking for some kind of asinine listing

Anyways, I really didn't like any of them aside from the 90's series and of course, I have a big old soft spot for "Pryde of the X-Men" pilot. I think the X-Men Anime series was an awesome display of how the storytelling and action should be in an X-Men series....more mature and adult oriented.

No thread is "necessary" and never will there be one. If someone wants to discuss something they can make a thread. You can tell exactly what this thread is about from the title so why complain about it and then contribute to it?

On topic the 90's series was good but the dialogue was a bit stiff. My favourite would have to be Evolution only because it was a different approach than what was in the comics. Scott and Kurt had a close brotherly relationship, No attraction between Logan and Jean and the show brought us X-23. The anime would come in third, the darker tone was good but the villains were just lame. Still it had some pretty decent action (Logan berserker side was cool) and some cool cameos (Rogue, Colossus and more). Wolverine and the X-men was okay but some things really annoyed me especially the interaction between Jean and Logan where the same flashback would be shown in different episodes with noticeable changes and Prof X was so dull. There were some cool episodes though like Cyclops fighting against Sinister or when the X-men first fought Magneto.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (38107 posts) - - Show Bio

Evolution was my favorite.

The recent anime or WATXM were my least favorite.

#5 Posted by _slim_ (13258 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: X-Men: TAS

Least Favorite: Wolverine and the X-Men.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osian2 said:

No thread is "necessary" and never will there be one. If someone wants to discuss something they can make a thread. You can tell exactly what this thread is about from the title so why complain about it and then contribute to it?

There is an over abundance of these types of threads on the X-forums, just saying...it feels like people don't even discuss the comic anymore....they just list what X-men they think is the "coolest" or whatever, It was just an observation
#7 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:Better stay clear of the Storm section then if you think it's bad here you ain't seen nothin yet

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osian2 said:

@cattlebattle:Better stay clear of the Storm section then if you think it's bad here you ain't seen nothin yet

oh...I am aware....the Storm and X-Men forums are like the NYC clubscene: trendy, overcrowded and full of nonsense
#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Favorite: X-Men: TAS Least Favorite: Wolverine and the X-Men.

I agree!

#10 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: Wolverine and the X-men

Least: X-men 90's

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Favorite: X-Men: TAS Least Favorite: Wolverine and the X-Men.

same here.

#12 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: X-men the animated series- Imo it was pretty much perfect for the time.

Worst: Wolverine and the X-men- This show wasn't bad. I prefer an X-men show over a Wolverine show. Not to mention, this show really messed up a few of my characters I liked-- Storm, Psylocke, and Arclight. Maybe next time the X-men will get more equal spotlight in the show. :)

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I fondly remember the 90s series, but if you asked me what I'd want to watch I'd say Wolverine & the X-Men. It's a shame we only got one season. As for least, I seem to remember an awful X-Men cartoon that predated the 90s one where Wolverine had an Australian accent.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: I understand that yopu like the 90's Fox version but hat show substituted Rogue in place of Colossus in many of the storylines that were from the comics, Phoenix included. Rogue wasn't even an Xmen in the cases. Fox disrespected Colossus, and gave Rogue a campaign push she didn't deserve. I'm not a fan of the character because of this and the terible Xmen adaptation movies ,no offense toward your views though.

#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

I fondly remember the 90s series, but if you asked me what I'd want to watch I'd say Wolverine & the X-Men. It's a shame we only got one season. As for least, I seem to remember an awful X-Men cartoon that predated the 90s one where Wolverine had an Australian accent.

I think that show was called "Pryde of the X-Men" and it only had one episode.
#16 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Only one? I'm not surprised. I just have the horrible accent seared into my memory with no context.

#17 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

90's X-Men cartoon because i recognized the story lines and it was quite 'serious'

#18 Posted by SoA (4938 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked every x-men series (80s pilot,90s,WATXM)

absolute hated evolution

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Only one? I'm not surprised. I just have the horrible accent seared into my memory with no context.

Yeah, I didn't like the idea about Wolverine having an Australian accent either.
#20 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-men anime had so much potential... but they failed with some of the basic elements that make the x-men special.

#21 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

favorite: x-men 90's tas

least favorite: x-men evolution

#22 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: X-men tas, X-men: Evolution

Least favorite: X-men anime

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked all of the X-Men cartoons and I can't pick which one is my favorite.

#24 Edited by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Evolution is my favorite series because it focused on the X-Men as a group and not just wolverine. That series turned Cyclops into one of my favorite X-Men. I also like that the writers and producers didn't fall back on story arcs from the comics such as The Phoenix Saga, which is a great story but I like seeing new things. Plus if it weren't for Evolution, we wouldn't have X-23.

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

The X-men anime had so much potential... but they failed with some of the basic elements that make the x-men special.

I haven't seen the X-Men anime yet, but I've heard so many mixed reviews on it. Is it any good?

#26 Posted by BlackWind (6792 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman: I completely agree. Evolution made Scott likable. Jean wasn't the absolute center of his universe, he struggled with being a leader and a teenager, and he wasn't overly stiff ass a person.

#27 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Most favorite: X-men TAS, I liked this alot and is largely responsible for getting me into comics in the first place.

Least favorite: Probably Wolverine and the X-men. Granted I only saw a few episodes but was confused by a few things, like Domino as a bad guy?

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

What is your favorite and least favorite X-Men cartoon? Mine's are:

Favorite: X-Men: The Animated Series (90s) - this was practically the series that got me into the X-Men franchise and it had such great stories that came from the comics such as Days of Future Past and The Dark Phoenix Saga.

Least Favorite: Wolverine and the X-Men - I like this show, but it's below the list because it doesn't really focus on the characters other than Wolverine and sometimes, the plot goes by too fast. It makes me wish that this show had a second season just to see where the characters would have gone after the first season.

Agreed. I feel the same as you- Also in X-men the animated series the characters felt had more shine to them and the voice actors really brought them to life. Loved it.

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

Favourite: X-Men The Animated Series (90s) - that stuff was the sh!t!

Least favourite: X-Men Anime.... Boo.

#30 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

This was nice, hated Fox network adaptations they deluted majory storylines! This was cool as well!

#31 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorute: Evolution

Least Favorite:WatXM

#32 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

the Anime was terrible. I don't like anime though

#33 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: X-Men: TAS. Now THAT show is a classic. It helps that it has a much bigger episode count than the rest.

Least Favorite: WatXM. It was kinda boring, and about two years later, I've forgotten most of it. Bland, I guess.

#34 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Fave: 90's X-Men

Least Fave: X-men Anime. That show was all over the place in terms of plot.

#35 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my username speaks for itself for my favorite one.

Least favorite: Wolvy and the x-men

wolverine leading? hah!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.