Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What is the Ultimate X-Men vol. 1 series ?

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Just wondering before i start reading this series from the beginning, basically i've been keeping up with X-Men for the last 10 years or so and it's easily my favorite comics but i wanted to go back a bit farther from before the time I first started reading X-Men so i found this new series I never even heard of called Ultimate X-Men which has about 100 issues and it's perfect because it seems like it goes right from 2001 into the time i first stated reading X-Men... HOWEVER, maybe its just the artwork but it looks so different from the usual X-Men we all know. Same charactors, just different costumes, and looks.. So is there anything I need to know about this X-Men series? Is it supposed to be a different reality or anything?

Thanks so much

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

It's set in the Ultimate Universe, which is an alternate reality.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

where most of the characters are less interesting and/or likable than the regular versions.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@oldnightcrawler said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

where most of the characters are less interesting and/or likable than the regular versions.

and possibly the most depressing mistake you'll ever make.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.