What is going on with Iceman and Kitty?

• 114 results
#1 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

So in Wolerine and the X-men issue 2 bobby kisses her. No mention of anything after that unitl like issue 5 or 6? when she kisses him back and NOW NOTHING!

Bobby Drake is my favorite marvel character ( with Peter Rasputin being number 2 so this romance is a big deal to me haha)

In x-men the last stand (movie) They pushed a Bobby/Kitty romance. Also in Wolverine and the X-men the cartoon it seems like they kinda have a thing.

Has anyone read or heard anything about where that romance is going or not going? I feel like they had them kiss and then just forgot about it.

#2 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you'll see more of it develop in issues after AvX. It sort of interrupted a lot of things at the school is all.

#3 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.

I.

Am.

Outraged.

#4 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

A war happened. Bobby left to fight the Avengers. If he gets back, then they will continue the budding romance storyline. If any X-Men make it back . . .

#5 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

A war happened. Bobby left to fight the Avengers. If he gets back, then they will continue the budding romance storyline. If any X-Men make it back . . .

preach it brother hahaha. Yeah, i am with OP. Bobby is my all time favorite hero, with Kitty being my #1 crush of all time ( i know she is fictional, and that makes me weird and creepy). i am interested to see where Jason takes this.

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they both die.

#7 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

I hope they both die.

0/10 try harder

#8 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I hope they both die.

0/10 try harder

I'm being serious, bub.

#9 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Dman1366 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I hope they both die.

0/10 try harder

I'm being serious, bub.

for some reason i heard this in the XME wolverine voice

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Dman1366 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I hope they both die.

0/10 try harder

I'm being serious, bub.

Good for you.

#11 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Dman1366 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Dman1366 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I hope they both die.

0/10 try harder

I'm being serious, bub.

Good for you.

it was pretty entertaining.

#12 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Psh, Colossus is coming back to romance Kitty in the next issue or two. Bobby is going to get the cold shoulder. BAAHAHAHAHA See what I did there?

#13 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because he's made of ice.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is about to make ice cubes out of someone!

#15 Posted by onela (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish WatXM had been allowed to exist a little longer before AvX started :s  I'd have liked to have seen stuff like this carry on a bit more first!

#16 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice Man would get...cold feet if Colossus wanted to rumble with him.

Bobby will be left out in the...cold.

He's in no position tobaggan with Colossus.

He'll be skating on thin ice.

Bobby will have to igloo himself back together after Colossus finishes with him.

Ok those got progressively worse.

#17 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: idk dude, if kitty hated juggycoloso then i think she is going to hate his phoenix form too

#18 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: You didn't respond to my amazing plays on ice! Eh, you could be right. I'm just being goofy this evening.

#19 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Dman1366: You didn't respond to my amazing plays on ice! Eh, you could be right. I'm just being goofy this evening.

hahaha it's all good, i am in a bad mood. i just ran into a security guard today that has to stand for hours! they wont let him have a chair!

#20 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: oh and kitty might be upset at bobby too! he has been a little cold and distant

#21 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Nightcrawler23 said:

preach it brother hahaha. Yeah, i am with OP. Bobby is my all time favorite hero, with Kitty being my #1 crush of all time ( i know she is fictional, and that makes me weird and creepy). i am interested to see where Jason takes this.

No, your Jason Alexander pic makes you weird and creepy, it's ok to have a comic crush on Kitty, I think a lot of us did.

@Rickbarry: Ha Ha....

And finally:

@Romulus9000 said:

Well.

I.

Am.

Outraged.

This. It's probably just cause the movie they doing this.

#22 Edited by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: I hear he doesn't satisfy his partners if you catch my...drift. Buahahah. I have derailed this thread and I apologize.

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed that so many relationships in the X-Men universe are breaking up so fast (well this has been going on for a long time). 

Emma and Cyclops are close to having a breakdown (I think judging by the future covers in AvX)
Rogue and Gambit have long broken up
And now Kitty and Colossus have broken up

I wonder if we will ever see any of these couples together again...

#24 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Eh, who knows? I think there's a pretty good chance Kitty and Colossus will end up back together as their whole breakup seemed retarded to me. It's not as if he cheated on her like Scott did with Jean. The only reason she had involved him sacrificing himself for other people. It's what any real X-men do. Why not have them together for more than 15 issues where someone doesn't die, fly off into space or have to save a city and or mutant race from a possessed Juggernaut? They're actually pretty good together.

#25 Edited by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that they are trying to push the romance on all fronts, they want the comics to resemble the media as much as possible. So that way when a kid picks a comic because they saw the movie it makes more sense. I'm all for it colossus is my number two marvel character so i had mixed feelings at first but they need to give Bobby a break romance wise. He has gotten screwed on several occasions ( figuratively not literally a=, and maybe that's the problem eh?)

I wish they would touch on it during AvX though, thats what this story is missing is real character development it's all action and all phoenix. Stuff we've seen before.

Bobby would destroy colossus. He's an Omega level mutant. One of the strongest non-cosmic characters in marvel.

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Eh, who knows? I think there's a pretty good chance Kitty and Colossus will end up back together as their whole breakup seemed retarded to me. It's not as if he cheated on her like Scott did with Jean. The only reason she had involved him sacrificing himself for other people. It's what any real X-men do. Why not have them together for more than 15 issues where someone doesn't die, fly off into space or have to save a city and or mutant race from a possessed Juggernaut? They're actually pretty good together.

I agree. I love see Kitty and Colossus together. It would be a real shame to have them break up like this instead of a very logical reason for them to break up.
#27 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000: I don't think Bobby could destroy Colossus. The only way I see him actually winning would involve just encasing him in a huge block of ice and I don't know if that could hold the guy all that long. If Colossus can survive in space he can certainly withstand any cold Bobby could create.

#28 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

you are all wrong... pete wisdom is coming back to life and going to sweet talk kitty back into their once relationship they had back in their excalibur-muir island days :-P

#29 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: Pete Wisdom, Piotr Rasputin and Peter Parker. She's dated them all, right? She's clearly a pete guy!

#30 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@umbrafeline: Pete Wisdom, Piotr Rasputin and Peter Parker. She's dated them all, right? She's clearly a pete guy!

i see what you did there :-P

#31 Posted by onela (17 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

Ice Man would get...cold feet if Colossus wanted to rumble with him.

Bobby will be left out in the...cold.

He's in no position tobaggan with Colossus.

He'll be skating on thin ice.

Bobby will have to igloo himself back together after Colossus finishes with him.

Ok those got progressively worse.

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!  You have no idea how much this is going to be the highlight of my day today, lol
#32 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, Bobby/Kitty > Colossus/Kitty.

#33 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

This.

@Rickbarry: we have to stop, this is a - slippery slope - to ruining another thread with pointless seinfeld quotes.....

#34 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9174 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator: I agree I think they haven't really mentioned it because of AVX.

#35 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't get together too soon I mean it could only have been a month in comic book time it seems like she's getting over pete pretty easily. But you know what they say "Out of sight, Out of mind".

#36 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

I hope they don't get together too soon I mean it could only have been a month in comic book time it seems like she's getting over pete pretty easily. But you know what they say "Out of sight, Out of mind".

Pete's more interested in his sister anyway.

Draw a painting Colossus, it will last longer.

#37 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Osian2 said:

Pete's more interested in his sister anyway.

Draw a painting Colossus, it will last longer.

To be fair though after all she's been through, if Illyana was my little sister I'd be concerned about her aswell. Also I don't know how Kitty can be angry with Pete for becoming the Juggernaut. Who the hell wouldn't want to be the Juggernaut?

On topic it seems as though Bobby/Kitty is coming out of nowhere I don't really remember them being that friendly before WATX.

#38 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Preach Brother, Preach.

#39 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: i did some research on this as well, all i could come up with was froma wiki :( apparently they dated for a bit, but then he went and kissed rogue while they were dating. and it is was supposed to be outta no where, look at kitty's face in WatX 2 hahaha. and it is not really forced, they have kissed twice. one of those time Kitty was raging on hormones and pain killers lol. i think bobby has just finally got the courage to take what he wants, and now is his window of opportunity. It is about time Bobby gets a good girl like Kitty.and Kitty deserves someone exciting like Bobby. i mean jesus, how slow was kitty/piotr? glacial slow? hahahahah

#40 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000 said:

I think that they are trying to push the romance on all fronts, they want the comics to resemble the media as much as possible. So that way when a kid picks a comic because they saw the movie it makes more sense. I'm all for it colossus is my number two marvel character so i had mixed feelings at first but they need to give Bobby a break romance wise. He has gotten screwed on several occasions ( figuratively not literally a=, and maybe that's the problem eh?)

I wish they would touch on it during AvX though, thats what this story is missing is real character development it's all action and all phoenix. Stuff we've seen before.

Bobby would destroy colossus. He's an Omega level mutant. One of the strongest non-cosmic characters in marvel.

That doesn't mean crap. Truthfully speaking.

#41 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Preach, bru!

#42 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he could but i respect your opinions.

However, i do think it matters, Bobby is far to powerful for Piotr, he could freeze him from the inside out. And now it seems that Bobby is nearly invincible. He can use the water molecules in the air around him to repair any part of his body that Piotr would smash. If he's melted he can turn to steam and re form.

It would a great fight to see. Hell, maybe they will end up doing it and we will find out who Marvel thinks the winner would be.

#43 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Plot twist, Piotr and Bobby become lovers leaving Kitty in the dust. I mean the idea that cold hard steel meets cold hard ice is obviously what Marvel is planning... obviously... yup... definitely... yup.

#44 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Osian2: i did some research on this as well, all i could come up with was froma wiki :( apparently they dated for a bit, but then he went and kissed rogue while they were dating. and it is was supposed to be outta no where, look at kitty's face in WatX 2 hahaha. and it is not really forced, they have kissed twice. one of those time Kitty was raging on hormones and pain killers lol. i think bobby has just finally got the courage to take what he wants, and now is his window of opportunity. It is about time Bobby gets a good girl like Kitty.and Kitty deserves someone exciting like Bobby. i mean jesus, how slow was kitty/piotr? glacial slow? hahahahah

I'm not sure but I think that kitty dating bobby was in the "ultimate" universe. I agree that Bobby should finally get a good girl but I don't think it should be kitty. Like you said the Pete/kitty relationship was slow but breaking them up makes all that time seem wasted.

#45 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000: I dunno if Colossus could smash Bobby until he couldn't regenerate, but I know he couldn't actually freeze Piotr. It doesn't really get colder than space and Piotr floats out there like a boss.

I think people misunderstand the term omega level mutant. I don't even know what it means.

#46 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: hey rick, if piotr kills bobby, would it be on an episode of cold case?

#47 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: *Rimshot* Heyooooo. I think they'd have a hard time proving the russian was guilty if you catch my...drift.

#48 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

I hope they both die.

Continue.

#49 Posted by Dman1366 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: i do indeed. i just hope piotr doesn't go that route, serial killing just.... snowballs.

#50 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like for Bobby and Kitty to get in a relationship. They are a good balance for each other. Colossus has too many issues and their relationship never really seemed to progress to another level; it's like a first love that only continues because the lovebirds see each other periodically. It's almost toxic for both characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.