What IS Currently The Best X-Men Book?

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: What IS Currently The Best X-Men Book? (68 votes)

X-Men 25%
All New X-Men 29%
Uncanny X-Men 19%
Astonishing X-Men 0%
Ultimate X-Men 3%
Uncanny X-Force 6%
Cable & X-Force 4%
Deadpool 0%
Wolverine 3%
Wolverine & the X-Men 0%
Savage Wolverine 1%
Wolverine MAX 0%
X-Factor 3%
Gambit 0%
X-Men Legacy 6%
#1 Posted by Mara (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted All New X-Men. X-Men would probably be my second choice, followed by X-Men Legacy.

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@mara: I'm glad you like Legacy, not a lot of pepole seem to give it a try

#3 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

All new is the best one being published...

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Uncanny overall, Story only: probably Legacy, Art Only: Wolverine And The X-Men. Best Art is Immomen hands down. But Bradshaw is an obvious Art Adams fan so his is a very close second. Whats yours?

#6 Posted by HumanRocket (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

All new x men with savage wolverine at 2nd for me

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: I'm not really reading anything at the moment but I was reading Ultimate X-Men, Uncanny X-Force and Legacy

#8 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Really used to LOVE ultimate X-Men till it went all reservoir dogs... Millar's start was awesome. Too bad it is absolutely irredeemable now.

#9 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Not liking what Brian Wood is doing?

#10 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I can't get back into it after the Ultimatum event. It was an deal breaker and I couldn't bear to look at it a moment longer. Heh, funny story. I liked it so much that I actually took every ultimate related book to my lumber can, threw the long box in had a barbecue True story, I'm sure that some collector out there is happy his or her collection is slightly more valuable due to my rancor. I honestly don't know what was worse Morrison's new X-Men or Loeb and that damned event.

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I tossed a vote toward Cable & X-force. Sure it's a satellite title, but it's fun without being over the top silly. Plus Cable has an eye gun. Cyclops is now obsolete.

X-men legacy comes in second. X-men might very well turn out great, but after only one issue it seems silly to toss it to the top.

#12 Posted by Xwraith (15212 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted X-Men solely because it's the only one I'm reading.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: How can you use the words "eye gun" and "not over the top silly" in the same sentence? LOL

#14 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

There are actually a lot of great titles being published atm. Namely,

Cable and X-Force
Ultimate X-Men
All New X-Men
X-Men
X-Men Legacy.

Very pleased with the state of affairs atm.

#15 Edited by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: *Shrugs.* I dunno it's a Forge thing. It's what he does. I tend to think Wolverine & The X-men is the barometer for most anything over the top.

#16 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2662 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted All new but Savage Wolverine, Legacy, Uncanny, Cable are all up there for me as well.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Yea W & XM is like a loony toons comic

#18 Edited by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip said:

There are actually a lot of great titles being published atm. Namely,

Cable and X-Force

Ultimate X-Men

All New X-Men

X-Men

X-Men Legacy.

Very pleased with the state of affairs atm.

i agree all of those are good im suprised Uncanny X men isnt on your list?

oh and im still for some reason digging uncanny x force

Oh and gambit is worth mentioning

#19 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: There are a few directional points I'm not totally enamoured with Uncanny X-Men over. Mainly, the new mutants just don't interest me, although admittedly, Emma/Cyke are still rocking :P

@mcklayn said:

I'm really hating Uncanny X-Force... Although the premise is interesting... The use of mind control to absolve Bishop in cliche and also, it's just so boring. Kris Anka's covers are gorgeous, but I'm just not at all enthralled with the book.

#20 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip said:

@mcklayn: There are a few directional points I'm not totally enamoured with Uncanny X-Men over. Mainly, the new mutants just don't interest me, although admittedly, Emma/Cyke are still rocking :P

@mcklayn said:

I'm really hating Uncanny X-Force... Although the premise is interesting... The use of mind control to absolve Bishop in cliche and also, it's just so boring. Kris Anka's covers are gorgeous, but I'm just not at all enthralled with the book.

I was quite liking Uncanny X-Force when I was reading it but I hardly hear anybody talking about it, are most pepole not enjoying it?

#21 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

1). Ultimate Comics X-Men - Wood kills it very month. It's an AU title that's better than what's mainstream.

2). X-Men Legacy - The sort of stuff that isn't forced down your throat and is not an obvious rehash of storylines that we've been getting since the mastheads left. Plus, it's got Blindfold. Spurrier's stories and actual story-telling are also different, and substantial, and unpredicatable. Featuring a variant scope of B-List characters who've been given the shaft for one reason or the other. One of the true hidden gems compared to the supposed "flagships".

3). X-Men - It's got Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Kitty, Rachel, Jubilee, Bling!, Mercury and Pixie. And Wood. And Coipel. And Lopez and Dodson. I need not say more.

4). Cable and X-Force - Forge is cool.

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

I've also been hearing good things about Cornell's Wolverine, so i may have to start picking it up. Which is shame, as the only well-written Wolverine incarnation comes towards his apparent "death".

#23 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving X-Men Legacy and there has been only one issue of Wells' run on Savage Wolverine and I loved it.

#24 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate X men is the best there is at the moment.

#25 Posted by freeballer (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the first couple issues of "all-new", it just doesn't do anything for me; I'd rather have seen a reboot.

#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

adjectiveless X-Men!

#27 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men.

#28 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I've also been hearing good things about Cornell's Wolverine, so i may have to start picking it up. Which is shame, as the only well-written Wolverine incarnation comes towards his apparent "death".

What?

#29 Posted by judasnixon (6173 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force is my Fav......

#30 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine:

Wolverine has been written as to being quite inconsistent in terms of portrayal and personal ideology as of late, but i've been hearing that Cornell, the new writer of his series--is bringing back the man we supposedly used to love (not this hairy hypocrite who doesn't know where he stands in terms of mutantkind). And there've been rumours circulating mainly around the Bleeding Cool website that the guy's about to die soon.

#31 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

My votes are for X-Men, Uncanny Avengers and Cable and X-Force.

#32 Edited by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Uncanny Xmen just because I keep waiting to see whats next, Uncanny Abegers has great art and started strong but right now im waiting on the next arc. Xmen seems intriguing just hasn't been there long enough. Legacy is chaotic and WATX is just silly and weird imo. Though I buy all of them as well as All New and Uncanny Xforce and cable and xforce as well. Im just getting into Ultimate.

#33 Edited by Bauldrere (12 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine:

Wolverine has been written as to being quite inconsistent in terms of portrayal and personal ideology as of late, but i've been hearing that Cornell, the new writer of his series--is bringing back the man we supposedly used to love (not this hairy hypocrite who doesn't know where he stands in terms of mutantkind). And there've been rumours circulating mainly around the Bleeding Cool website that the guy's about to die soon.

Cornell is a great writer. His Wisdom/MI-13 stuff (which I've only just read over the last few days) is great. I'll give it a try but Wolverine solo series are usually so hit and miss for me. Not a massive fan of Aaron's series and I hated Origins.

More than half of what's on Bleeding Cool is utter rubbish and I doubt Marvel would kill Wolverine off (presumably) just after his next film release. That and the fact he's a massive fan favourite character and in like half the books they release every month. Plus he's a central character to at least half of the titles he's in.

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

I say Uncanny Xmen just because I keep waiting to see whats next, Uncanny Abegers has great art and started strong but right now im waiting on the next arc.

I much prefer the current Uncanny Avengers arc to the first one. Apocalypse > Red Skull crap any day, IMO. Plus, it's a continuation of some of my favourite stuff in recents years (Dark Angel Saga).

#36 Edited by poisonfleur (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

adjectiveless X-Men!

I AGREE--

All-New X-men is good-- but moving kinda slow and the dialogue doesn't feel like the characters. + It doesn't give enough characters like Storm, Rachel, and the rest of the students enough shine (Which would enhance the story). Why is Storm even in this series? She hasn't done much, Bendis. And WTF hasn't Rachel encountered young Jean yet?!??? I also wanted to see the O5 talk to more of the younger students.

Besides X-men is already 2 issues in and it's already just as awesome as Uncanny and All-New! It's only a matter of time before Brian Wood blows the other books out of the water with X-men!
Girl PowwAAARR!!

#37 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

adjectiveless X-Men!

I AGREE--

All-New X-men is good-- but moving kinda slow and the dialogue doesn't feel like the characters. + It doesn't give enough characters like Storm, Rachel, and the rest of the students enough shine (Which would enhance the story). Why is Storm even in this series? She hasn't done much, Bendis. And WTF hasn't Rachel encountered young Jean yet?!??? I also wanted to see the O5 talk to more of the younger students.

Besides X-men is already 2 issues in and it's already just as awesome as Uncanny and All-New! It's only a matter of time before Brian Wood blows the other books out of the water with X-men!

Girl PowwAAARR!!

Number 1!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.