what is a BAMF???

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw three of them in wolverine and the x-men #1

#2 Posted by blazinasian112 (895 posts) - - Show Bio

BAMF = bad @ss mutha%$3@ aka Nightcrawler

#3 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler owns that title because of obvious reasons. Because he is a BAMF. The little things are dimension hopper things, I think.

#4 Edited by mr_gone (203 posts) - - Show Bio

it's the sound the vacuum that nightcrawler makes/fills when appearing/disappearing into his father's dimension makes.

#5 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_gone: Wow, all this time, I that it was just a funny word, like "snikt". :-)

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

@blazinasian112 said:

BAMF = bad @ss mutha%$3@ aka Nightcrawler

I think you'll find Midnighter has yet to lose that title to anyone.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Bamf is the sound that Nightcrawler makes when he teleports, but they are also small interdimensional imps that resemble Nightcrawler.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

BAMF is the sound that Nightcrawler makes when he teleports.

#9 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Bamf! is the noise Nightcrwler makes when teleporting.

Oh, how I love comic book sound effects!

#10 Posted by Dman1366 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just the sound those little guys make when they teleport. So that is the nickname given to them. In ish 7 Starblood, the scientist that tries to kill Broo, says he knows what they are, but hits the ground before he tells you that.

#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

threads have really become stupid. next: how can i tie my shoes while peeing

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

threads have really become stupid. next: how can i tie my shoes while peeing

?

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

that little blue guy is called a bamf but are they nightcrawlers children or him in another reality

#14 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

that little blue guy is called a bamf but are they nightcrawlers children or him in another reality

IIRC they started off as creatures in a bedtime story Kitty told to child Illyana, then it turns out they are extradimensional creatures that met Nightcrawler and called him "dad" because he was a bigger version of them. Originally they are not him from another reality or his children, but of course that can all change.

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7585 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a noise. Particularly a noise that is made when Nightcrawler teleports. Use your imagination on what that noise actually sounds like.

#16 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Alcoholics?

#17 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4262 posts) - - Show Bio

Bamfs are dolls stylized to look like Nighcrawler that X-men give to children and lovers.

check out Bamf and BAMF Doll for more details.

Those little guys running around in Wolverine and the X-Men are not Bamfs.

#18 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Bamfs are dolls stylized to look like Nighcrawler that X-men give to children and lovers.

check out Bamf and BAMF Doll for more details.

Those little guys running around in Wolverine and the X-Men are not Bamfs.

So there is no explanation or origin for those W&tXM critters then?

#19 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: I think an explanation is coming up soon...they are tied to Nightcrawler and Azazel some how but that's about all we know...and they like whiskey

#20 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4262 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@knighthood: I think an explanation is coming up soon...they are tied to Nightcrawler and Azazel some how but that's about all we know...and they like whiskey

that's about the size of it. It was mentioned by Dr. Xanto Starblood in Wolverine and the X-men that,

"Ms. Pryde thinks you're Bamfs. I wrote my college thesis on the migration patterns of inter-dimensional gremlins. I've seen Bamfs. I've studied Bamfs. You, my friends, are definitely not Bamfs. You look more to me like--"

and then he gets teleported into the lawn or something, but either way, he seems to know what he's talking about. I imagine we'll find out in Amazing X-men what they really are, but apparently they're not Bamfs.

#21 Edited by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

that's about the size of it. It was mentioned by Dr. Xanto Starblood in Wolverine and the X-men that,

"Ms. Pryde thinks you're Bamfs. I wrote my

college

thesis on the migration patterns of inter-dimensional gremlins. I've seen Bamfs. I've studied Bamfs. You, my friends, are definitely not Bamfs. You look more to me like--"

and then he gets teleported into the lawn or something, but either way, he seems to know what he's talking about. I imagine we'll find out in Amazing X-men what they really are, but apparently they're not Bamfs.

they are nightcrawlers soul split into dozens of little creatures waiting to be reformed into one! <.< or not

#22 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Nightcrawler's soul sure loves a good drink.

#23 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4262 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

they are nightcrawlers soul split into dozens of little creatures waiting to be reformed into one! <.< or not

which would not even be the craziest thing that's ever happened to Nightcrawler..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.