Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What if X-men TAS got new seasons?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Every now and then we talk about the upcoming x-men show that is... eventually coming. But let's be honest. Almost everyone's favorite X-men show is X-men TAS from the 90s (starting Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Jean, Beat, Gambit, and Jubilee.) What if they brought it back and continued it-- and maybe even made it better?

Think of the possibilities...

1) All Disney's money could remake this a smash hit again.

2) We would get our AWESOME opening theme song back. Pure Nostalgia!

3) We get to see a continuation of show and characters that brought life to the x-men. Some of the voice actors shouldn't be hard to find-- new voices also would be welcomed. Imagine the old-school Jubilee we grew up with dealing with becoming a vampire.

4) The old show did justice to a lot of the characters & old stories. Maybe they could do the same to newer stories.

5) The original show captured the essence of the x-men. Shows like the X-men anime and Wolverine and the x-men miss certain essential elements that are needed to create a x-men cartoon that's as good as the TAS. Apparently bringing back the older shows is the new thing. Heck-- they are even bringing back Sailor Moon. lol

6) There is always room for improvement. X:TAS was a little inconsistent-- although with modern day directing & given the right vision that can be fixed and made better. Hopefully they could get some of the old team back to make this work.

7) Also, IMO, the last episode of X-men:TAS was randomly disappointing. The show deserved to go off on a much better note than that. This would take care of that. :)

This is just an idea. Tell me what you think. Good, Bad, or would you rather see something new again?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

I loved the old 90s cartoon, but I'd be more interested in seeing a second season of Wolverine & The X-Men.

KingHellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By KingHellion

I'd be happy with a continuation of Wolverine and The X-Men, only because I don't believe a X-Men The Animated Series would never happen. I'd also even take a New X-Men series directed at a younger demographic.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

As much as I loved the 90s cartoon series, it might not grab the current audience's attention because it would be considered too dated for the current generation.  I wouldn't mind if they brought back Wolverine and the X-Men or make a new X-Men cartoon with the same ideas from the 90s cartoon, except its more current with the new generation.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UltraBiel

God please..anything but antoher season of wolverine and the x-men!

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UltraBiel

@poisonfleur said:

5) The original show captured the essence of the x-men. Shows like the X-men anime and Wolverine and the x-men miss certain essential elements that are needed to create a x-men cartoon that's as good as the TAS. Apparently bringing back the older shows is the new thing. Heck-- they are even bringing back Sailor Moon. lol

God...I miss Sailor moon!!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

See-- Wolverine and the X-men was very dramatic and had it's highlights. I can't speak for everyone, but isn't anyone bothered by the fact the show revolves around Wolverine?? It seems unfair/unbalanced.. I feel Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Cyclops & Emma have stories that are just as good or even better. Also Wolverine and the X-men really had it's moments where it crapped on certain character. It seemed like gimmick to make Wolverine look good. (And personally I don't want to see Wolverine EVERY episode. For pete's sake, he already took up 75% of the screen time in the x-men movies...)

Examples:

Storm- Her character design was terrible. They made her wayyy too timid & had her get knocked out every other episode. Some of her fans want to see her as she was in X-men TAS or at least how she was in X-men: Evo.

Psylocke- Wasn't a bad guy who's only purpose in the show was to get mollywhopped by Emma.. And it seemed Psylocke wasn't even a ninja in the show.. :/

Arclight- For some random reason was made a man??

Sage- DON'T GET ME STARTED.. THAT WASN'T SAGE!!!

Pixie- Could have been better depicted. She seemed just like a bum who has wings.

Cyclops- Character design was a awkward, IMO.

For such major characters to be messed up, I feel it doesn't deserve a second season. Although I do believe X-men TAS could be brought back and given more of a modern tone-- maybe show time has passed and show where the x-men we grew up with are now and what they have been doing.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I'd watch the hell out of it

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I would LOVE a revamp of TAS :-)! That series was the closest to what transpired in the comics. I can imagine the stories from today being done with the TAS X-Men (Curse of the Mutants, WAP story for Storm, Schism,etc.). I think would resonate well with the masses.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By papad1992

@KingHellion said:

I'd also even take a New X-Men series directed at a younger demographic.

Amen to this but not directed towards a younger demographic. Make it like Young Justice only less dark... a lot less dark!

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By kiss_lamia

Im down for a renewed TAS and WTXM but i prefer they keep the art style of the original TAS it was much more realistic then say evolution yuck, maybe abit more vibrance upscaling but that its lool WTXM i wanted to see more selene she finally gets a few episodes then they cancel they suck loool

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sobe Cin

I would prefer Wolverine and the X-Men to continue myself. But if anything does happen, you need to air the cartoon in the states at the same time as every where else. Watching The entire run of any cartoon on Youtube before it airs is just plain wrong.

But the idea of Jubilee coming to grips as a vampire would be awesome.

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

Damn. The same art team please?  Is it feasible. 
    Production costs for animation? Cheaper because the tech is old or more expensive because tech is old/outdated? 

Voice talents? Would they be able and willing to come back? I'd love it, and add it to my TV list immediately. Problem is they don't like aiming at older audiences

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By poisonfleur

@Duke_Nasty: @THUNDERBOLT30: Yay! Some support! :) For a minute there I thought I was the only one. lol

@papad1992 said:

@KingHellion said:

Amen to this but not directed towards a younger demographic. Make it like Young Justice only less dark... a lot less dark!

So Maybe more of Teen Titanish feel or energy? Teen Titans are IMO the 2nd best Team cartoon show next to X-men. I still think we need the original theme song back!! Lol

@kiss_lamia: I wanted more from Selene too. Personally I felt she could have had her own arc.

@Sobe Cin: Totally true. That really did hurt the show badly. Let's not repeat that mistake again.

@Metatron_Da_Don said:

Damn. The same art team please? Is it feasible. Production costs for animation? Cheaper because the tech is old or more expensive because tech is old/outdated? Voice talents? Would they be able and willing to come back? I'd love it, and add it to my TV list immediately. Problem is they don't like aiming at older audiences

I am not sure how I would feel about the same art team.. I guess they could. Just modernize it a little bit more and maybe make take away a bit of the 90s cheapness... But Still-- Rogue and Storm MUST have big hair and Iconic outfits! I demand it! None of that villain from star trek crap...

And Yes--- The Voice of Rogue must return-- Lenore Zann--- Where in the world is she?!?!? We need her back!! Seriously! That voice is one of the most iconic x-men voices.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@Duke_Nasty: @THUNDERBOLT30: Yay! Some support! :) For a minute there I thought I was the only one. lol

@papad1992 said:

@KingHellion said:

So Maybe more of Teen Titanish feel or energy? Teen Titans are IMO the 2nd best Team cartoon show next to X-men. I still think we need the original theme song back!! Lol

A step up from Teen Titans but a step down from Young Justice! Somewhere in the middle! It be an awesome show!!

Wish this were a show!!
    Wish this were a show!!
    Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Retro_Metro

I would if the character designs were more like their counterparts,make it 100+ episodes, well planned action scenes and dialogue,TV-PG,some catchy original music but that's probably asking too much.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle

Nope. Give me something new.

I grew up with the series and the show peaked my interest in the X-men originally but if you go back and watch it now...its extremely dated and you realize its just primarily Claremont story lines watered down. One of my major issues with the show is that all the other X-Men characters that appeared (Archangel, Colossus, Nightcrawler) never actually joined the team. They just had the same roster for like 5 seasons...not what the X-men are about in my opinion.

I would hope for a new show that somewhat follows what the X-Men anime did...and by that I mean they have a more serious tone and mature subject matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.