What if Rachel Summers stand up as a leader and form her group?

Posted by FernandoGrey (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that year by year, the writers have diminished potential of Rachel Summers. We know that she had a similar history like her relative Cable. Disfunctional reality, raised in a dark era, used as hound to hunt her own kind and killed them, escaped that dark past by doing the right, helped kitty pryde to travel into the past to prevent an assasination, became Mother Askani, helped Cable to become a great warrior, and even surpass her own mother by never lose control as the host of the phoenix, she even outmatch Gallactus. I believe she need to stand outside of the shadow of Cyclops and Wolverine and become a new leader because she have sooooo much leadership, battle experience, and wisdom than many leaders of the X-Men including Cyclops. I believe that she need in her group the following mutants:

X-Man: With his full powers back Dazzler: Exact same kickass powerful as AoA version Meggan: Exploring more her enigmatic talents

Warpath: Brute sharman force. Don't mess with him. Amelia: The telepoter and mist manipulation. A threat in many ways. Angel: New enigmatic angel with light based power with constant evolution due his exposure with the Seed of Life.

#1 Posted by Spawn92 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the diversity of your team! Although I still think they should have kept X-man dead.

#2 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel has shown pretty much zero leadership potential, all her feats in this department are in future alternative timelines. There are a dozen X-Men for the job just off the top of my head.

#3 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prune that cast a bit: X-Man and Meggan would give her good backup with potential to hold the POV in their own stories. I'd rather focus on character interaction and people who could work together without looking like a combat squad than choosing idealized lineups, though.

#4 Posted by FernandoGrey (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: WRITERS OF 21ST CENTURY MADE HER LOOK ZERO POTENTIAL IN LEADERSHIP AND RAW POWER BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS SHE HAVE SUMMERS BLOOD THROUGH HER VEINS. SHE HAVE EXPERIENCE AND LEADERSHIP DUE HER PAST EXPERIENCES. SO, SUBESTIMATE RACHEL. SHE LED A CLAN MORE BIGGEST THAN ANY X-GROUP. SHE NEED TO BE A LEADER AND PERIOD.

#5 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the first question is what you want her to do with her team.

#6 Posted by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not huge fan of Rachel, i did like that story hounded, which was part of the Avengers vs X-Men event. I would prefer Rachel and X-Man to bond with there family, bond with Jean, Scott and Cable. Why don't marvel focus on summers family, considering there so many members.

#7 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like it if she went ahead and started her own cult. While the X-Men are pretty idealistic in a political terms, and we've seen groups intent on world domination and reality destruction, we haven't seen any religious groups. It would somewhat fit into how the Clan Askani was portrayed.

#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@FernandoGrey said:

@Brazen_Intellect: WRITERS OF 21ST CENTURY MADE HER LOOK ZERO POTENTIAL IN LEADERSHIP AND RAW POWER BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS SHE HAVE SUMMERS BLOOD THROUGH HER VEINS. SHE HAVE EXPERIENCE AND LEADERSHIP DUE HER PAST EXPERIENCES. SO, SUBESTIMATE RACHEL. SHE LED A CLAN MORE BIGGEST THAN ANY X-GROUP. SHE NEED TO BE A LEADER AND PERIOD.

Your logic is as fuzzy as your grammar and to be honest I cannot even come up with a response to this. Your own answer is such an epic fail it serves my point better than anything I could offer.

#9 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@FernandoGrey said:

wasnt she leader of clan askini in the future??? she could be a great leader if she was giving a chance

#10 Posted by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Rachel has shown pretty much zero leadership potential, all her feats in this department are in future alternative timelines. There are a dozen X-Men for the job just off the top of my head.

#11 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@FernandoGrey said:

wasnt she leader of clan askini in the future??? she could be a great leader if she was giving a chance

Your giving her credit for something that has not happened yet and may never happen based on how time travel and alternate timelines work out. Just because 50 years from now she is remembered as a great leader does not mean that she was ready to take the reigns in her early 20's.

I am not saying that she could never become a character with leadership abilities, only that she has never been shown in MU-616 to have any interest of abilities in the matter.

#12 Posted by FernandoGrey (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: if u don't like my grammar and my answers, then why are you wasting your time to make a statement here at my blog? show some respect. we are here to create if story and enjoy each story not to judge people.

#13 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was such a waste of an opportunity to not use Rachel on X-men Legacy. They book is about legacies after all and if Legion could take it over then who better to help him deal with all his issues and work on his mind then Rachel.

Her team could have had Frenzy, Chamber, Husk, and Toad. Add Mimic and Darwin to the team as well (what ever happened to them.)

#14 Posted by darthphoenix (660 posts) - - Show Bio

rachel would be a very aggressive leader. somewhat like wolverine. she's been a good teacher at the jean grey school and we have to admit that she is definitely one of the most powerful mutants in the x-men roster. i think she'd be good leader of an underground or secret x-team like the x-force

#15 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver_Raven said:

I think it was such a waste of an opportunity to not use Rachel on X-men Legacy. They book is about legacies after all and if Legion could take it over then who better to help him deal with all his issues and work on his mind then Rachel.

Her team could have had Frenzy, Chamber, Husk, and Toad. Add Mimic and Darwin to the team as well (what ever happened to them.)

Honestly, this is a book I'd read. That's an interesting lineup and with a lot of the more unorthodox X-men characters not likely to get a lot of screen time. Get a solid writer on board and this would be a dream of mine. If Legion were the leader here, I could see this being really odd and really good because of it.

#16 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Although u know I could get a kick out of seeing her lead a powerhouse squad.

Rachel, Darwin, Warpath (amp him back up to at least 75 tons and flight), Thunderbird, Karima (for tech), and Legion. Maybe toss in Magik (for magic) and Dust for a younger perspective.

#17 Posted by Roddy010 (5159 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I would object to this. Rachel has some potential to be a great leader.Like someone before me said she would be very aggressive so I=it would be interesting to see her operate with a team. Maybe throw in a rebel to occasionally question her motives would make for an interesting conflict.I'd like to see her in a team consisting of AoA Nightcrawler, Frenzy,M, Northstar. Polaris and Colossus...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.