Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What If?: AvX [July Solicitation]

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"We all know what happened to the Avengers and the X-Men... but what if the story had gone differently?"

I'm in for if no other reason than the Hope and Magneto Phoenix costumes.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Well this is how it's gonna end :

Magneto gets the Phoenix Force and goes, "every person and their mother ( and their dog ) are gonna be mutants", and proceeds to make every living thing on planet earth a mutant.

Hope sees that, spazzes out teenage rebellion style, and goes " Erik Lehnsherr is a Jerk !!!" and proceeds to blast him with her own Phoenix force, thereby destroying the entire galaxy in the process.

Meanwhile Captain America and his team of do-gooders curl up in foetal position in the corner of a room and lament that they would never be as awesome as DC's Justice League, who could have wiped the floor with the Phoenix Force, while not being a bunch of morons, if they were here.

And at the same time, Galactus, Thanos, Dr. Doom and the rest of the Marvel baddies are sitting on a beach in Hawaii and laughing their faces off at the sheer incompetence of Marvel's No.1 Superhero team, and also thanking the heavens that they aren't in DC comics so they don't need to deal with Justice League, only these Avenger clowns.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Molina art.

But yeah, wow, Marvel.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the art. Anyway, I'd prefer if this "What If?" ended with the Avengers being willed out of existence, Hope sacrificing herself to allow people the choice to be mutants/superhuman if they want and Magneto ruling the remainder of Earth's population! That would be fun. I miss those far out "What If?" comics with completely outlandish endings.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the art. Anyway, I'd prefer if this "What If?" ended with the Avengers being willed out of existence, Hope sacrificing herself to allow people the choice to be mutants/superhuman if they want and Magneto ruling the remainder of Earth's population! That would be fun. I miss those far out "What If?" comics with completely outlandish endings.

Nothing outlandish about this ending.

It's about time someone willed the Avengers out of existance lol.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm excited for this. Very curious how it'll actually turn out.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what other characters would look like with the Phoenix Force.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides said:

Nothing outlandish about this ending.

It's about time someone willed the Avengers out of existance lol.

No what would be hilarious? If Hope appeared in front of The Scarlet Witch, willed her out of existence, then Magneto came and did the same to her. It would be great if this came down to a war between Magneto and Hope.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if Marvel could actually put out a decent event comic?

I'd much rather read that.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@polarity said:

LOLOL I see what you did there and it's funny!

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@polarity said:

It is going to be very awkward if the What If story turns out better to be than the actual event.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

At least it kinda looks better than the actual event.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Cap10nate

It should just be one page. The Avengers don't stop Hope from absorbing the Phoenix in the first place and then she just destroys the world because she can't handle it. the End. The rest will just focus on Marvel Cosmic because there is no more Earth heroes.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack

I was really sad the "No more Avengers." promo was a total lie and a trick.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GonnaRain

The art looks nice. And I really like that with AvX they re-designed the costumes of the Phoenix Avatars, because honestly I never liked Jean Grey's suit, it seemed plain and didn't really match the immense power she received. The Phoenix 5, this version of Hope (contrary to the one she had in AvX) and Mags are awesome, kind of medieval like.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is how it's gonna end :

Magneto gets the Phoenix Force and goes, "every person and their mother ( and their dog ) are gonna be mutants", and proceeds to make every living thing on planet earth a mutant.

Hope sees that, spazzes out teenage rebellion style, and goes " Erik Lehnsherr is a Jerk !!!" and proceeds to blast him with her own Phoenix force, thereby destroying the entire galaxy in the process.

Meanwhile Captain America and his team of do-gooders curl up in foetal position in the corner of a room and lament that they would never be as awesome as DC's Justice League, who could have wiped the floor with the Phoenix Force, while not being a bunch of morons, if they were here.

And at the same time, Galactus, Thanos, Dr. Doom and the rest of the Marvel baddies are sitting on a beach in Hawaii and laughing their faces off at the sheer incompetence of Marvel's No.1 Superhero team, and also thanking the heavens that they aren't in DC comics so they don't need to deal with Justice League, only these Avenger clowns.

I love you. Not in a creepy way though, only because you seem to like the JL too. There is so much Avengers hate on this thread

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.