Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What got you into X-Men?

• 111 results
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@squares said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: It's not working, but then again I'm not sure why you thought it would- it's mostly a bunch of Jean and Cyclops stuff.

Now, if you wanted to inspire me with X-men, posting something from Second Coming might have worked. Think I might go re-read it, actually...

OMG i have second coming the graphic novel. I also have the complete series of matt fration/greg land. :) i keep reading x-men no more humans.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fell in love with Cyclops the moment I saw him in the movies (*blushes* I know, I suck) and so just fell into a HUGE Scott Summers obsession and it went on from there.

I always thought james marsden looked to young to play cyclops and famke jensen was to old. yet they keep using famke???

Agreed but hes sexier in the comics:

No Caption Provided

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachunicorn said:

I fell in love with Cyclops the moment I saw him in the movies (*blushes* I know, I suck) and so just fell into a HUGE Scott Summers obsession and it went on from there.

I always thought james marsden looked to young to play cyclops and famke jensen was to old. yet they keep using famke???

Agreed but hes sexier in the comics:

No Caption Provided

Oh gosh, yes! SO much sexier in the comics! :D xD

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? He's so lame in the movies though. They don't do him justice at all.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Mystique!

jk

X men tas and evolution.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men movies, cartoons (loved Evolution and TAS)and the fact that Cyclops and Iceman are in my top 10 superheroe list.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Famke was too old to be jean. But she gave justice to the role. She became the epitome of jean grey. James marsden wasnt a good fit for cyclops, They should have gotten someone HOTTER, older and Taller.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drowsap said:
    Loading Video...

This right here lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Famke was too old to be jean. But she gave justice to the role. She became the epitome of jean grey. James marsden wasnt a good fit for cyclops, They should have gotten someone HOTTER, older and Taller.

Agreed like who????

@shebba said:

@drowsap said:
    Loading Video...

This right here lol

me too. then after this was over, i waited 5 yrs untill i got a comic. it was when cyclops was dead and it was the beginning of the search for cyclops. then a year whet by and jean grey got killed and scott was with emma so i quit comicbooks until 2010 i was at a convience store and says a CB for $7, it had the bios of the x-men and x-men viallians. Also i saw hope and the five lights for the first time. IT said her name was hope summers, i was like i hope this isnt another UR. Then i had to read astonishing x-men, house of m, messiah complex, second coming, matt fractions run, x-men schism and avx. I was going to quit x-men and comcibooks all together until they made the O5 come to the present. I dont know if i would still get comics after the O5 go back, if they go back.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pikachunicorn

@pikachunicorn said:

I know right! Looking back I can't see what I saw in movie Scott, but I totally loved him. xD

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starwatcher said:

@pikachunicorn said:

I know right! Looking back I can't see what I saw in movie Scott, but I totally loved him. xD

he was just some skinny, pretty boy.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Domino got me in <3

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma got me in

Roboticianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole team got me in.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Honestly though, I vaguely remember seeing a page of the original X-factor in a public library, (I believe the issue where Cyclops called Maddie the first time). But it was ripped up and I was young and didn't think much of it because it was so different from TAS.

And you still look at it with nostalgia glasses?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mooty_Pass

For me it was the 90's cartoon show that really pulled me into the X-men. They were such an awesome group I could immediately identify myself with them and relate to them. Honestly the X-men were absolutely more interesting than the Avengers. Storm got me reading comics.

If it wasn't for the X-Men I would not care about Comic Books at all. In fact I'd probably tell you that they are stupid.

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The whole idea behind the mutants and their fight for acceptance is quite seductive, at least for me. But I first got into the X-Men thanks to the animated series from the 90s; and, by that time, Rogue, Storm and Gambit were my favourite characters. As I grew older and learned to read, I decided to try the comics that my older brother used to buy (X-Men included), and my appreciation and love for the mutants only increased. For a good while, X-Men (and mutant related titles) were my main interest when it comes to comic books.
    They taught me a lot, back in my early childhood, about tolerance and hope.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: lol yes and no. X-factor was my first "hunt it down" comic book. Those books that you look for for a long time for a BS reason like you saw a scan or someone mentioned it in passing. I went after it and ended up getting a bulk of the original run. Though by the time I recieved it i was more seasoned in comics but still very much easily intrigued by how complex the situation seemed to be at the time. Add in that Rachel Greys appearance in a crossover issue and my hunt for more about her character sort of steered me toward more X-Men stuff anyway...it sort of made me appreciate that the book had alot of potential since it spawned my interest and drive to discover more about X-Men. So less nostalgia and more respect for what it did for me as a reader.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my friend gave me some x men comic but I didn't like it much but there was some comic with selene in it and don't know why I like her maybe I like evil female vampire lol . So after that I bought more books with selene.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men was a steadily growing interest for me. My older brothers had their comics, I saw them in Marvel vs. Capcom, and I also occasionally watched TAS on tv. What really drew me in was X-men Evolution though. I know it was very different from the more recognizable version of the X-men but it was just so interesting to me, especially with how they handled Mystique, Rogue, and Kurt. Mystique was really a villain I loved to hate in that show.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-Men cartoon in the early 90s. Before that i considered the X-Men to be lame and "trend-heroes". I was also a big Bishop and Cable fan.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The vintage stories really got me into the X-Men. The Original 5 was a superhero team but there were sci-fi elements that were largely abandoned when they went full on into the superhero route with the All New, All Different Team. I really liked their lineup.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@invain: lol yes and no. X-factor was my first "hunt it down" comic book. Those books that you look for for a long time for a BS reason like you saw a scan or someone mentioned it in passing. I went after it and ended up getting a bulk of the original run. Though by the time I recieved it i was more seasoned in comics but still very much easily intrigued by how complex the situation seemed to be at the time. Add in that Rachel Greys appearance in a crossover issue and my hunt for more about her character sort of steered me toward more X-Men stuff anyway...it sort of made me appreciate that the book had alot of potential since it spawned my interest and drive to discover more about X-Men. So less nostalgia and more respect for what it did for me as a reader.

I didn't get a notification from this for some reason...

I don't collect comics, so I can't really relate to what you're saying in that sense. I usually only buy what I can't find digitally off of Amazon.

I don't remember Rachel showing up in X-Factor. I read most of Simonson's run. I wasn't a fan of it, so I started skipping around shortly after Inferno. I remember the story arc where they went into space to learn stuff about Apocalypse's ship was the first one I skipped. Maybe I skipped the one with Rachel too, or I'm just having trouble remembering it for some reason.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake marvel cards

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: she shows up in the crossover With FF where Franklin Richards is jumping across the X-books. She fights Franklin, meets Jean and Cyclops finds out shes his daughter. But she flies away when Jean breaks down from the shock.

Im almost positive its from right before the Apocalypse in space arc and a good while after Inferno. I get that im alone on this (because your all misguided haters) but Its one of my favorite X-Men moments from the period and one of the more interesting periods in the Summers/Grey plotline

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@invain: she shows up in the crossover With FF where Franklin Richards is jumping across the X-books. She fights Franklin, meets Jean and Cyclops finds out shes his daughter. But she flies away when Jean breaks down from the shock.

Im almost positive its from right before the Apocalypse in space arc and a good while after Inferno. I get that im alone on this (because your all misguided haters) but Its one of my favorite X-Men moments from the period and one of the more interesting periods in the Summers/Grey plotline

I remember some weird story arc right after Inferno where they went to London(I think) and met a ogre or something. They ended up in the sewers for some reason. I thought the story arc with the ship came directly after that one.

I probably skipped it...

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Factor issue 39.
    The issue was the concluding chapter of Inferno. It showcased both members of X-Factor and the X-Men having a final showdown with Mr Sinister. This then spring-boarded me to pick up issues of "Classic X-Men" which happened to be The Dark Phoenix Saga.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

X-Men Evolution and the movies

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#81  Edited By jumpstart55
    • The 90s/80s comics and The 90s Animated series/X-men Evoltuion and the X-men Legends video games...Also the first two Bryan Singer films helped grow my affection for the franchise.
    • And plus i was so very much obsessed with Wolverine as a little kid that i just read X-men so i could see if he was in it..lmao
    Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x-men tas was my introduction but x-men evolution was what really got me into it and the comics.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What got me into X-Men was the X-Men movie, X-Men Evolution, and Wolverine and the X-Men.

walter5james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By walter5james

My introduction to x-men was the cartoon x-men evolution.

But i first became a fan of them about 2-3 years ago when I read the fan fiction series smallvillex evolution.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-Men movie and then while I was checking out their back issues I came across Uncanny 143 featuring Kitty vs the N'Garai. I've been a fan ever since.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

X-Men Evolution

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For me, it was mostly the movies and the Wolverine and the X-Men TV series. When it comes to the comics, it was actually mostly Uncanny Avengers and All-New X-Men that got me in.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just always found the X-Men more interesting than the Avengers and the FF.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

I got into X-Men through the 1992 animated series and since then, I have been in love with this series!

No Caption Provided

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Astonishing X-Men motion comic when they were still on Netflix

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump because new posters.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Marvel Avengers Alliance
    • Wolverine & The X-Men animated series
    • Diversity & Comics
    Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Psy4

Spider-Man was my first ever comic my parents bought me and I fell in instant love. Comics used to have those adverts and also some guest appearances from other characters since Spidey was a good friend of the X-Men. So in very short time I had seen the X-Men adverts(which caught my interest) and then coincidentally, not long after, I saw the X-Men cartoon with the most awesome intro ever (which caught my absolute attention). Pursued X-Men since then. Cyclops was my guy.

This right here. My dad didn't yet know what he had started.
    This right here. My dad didn't yet know what he had started.
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i thought i answered this

ok so yea

No Caption Provided

My first comic

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My uncles closet. I'm off and on.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Evolution and the cartoons

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

X-Men: The Animated Series was long before my time, but I still remember the first time I saw the trailer for X-Men: Evolution on one of my Scooby-Doo movies. My mother made a fuss about the "evolution" part of the title but that ended up being one of the reasons I watched it. It was my first superhero show, and to this day remains one of my favorites.

I actually forgot about the X-Men for several years after, until my uncle mentioned Days of Future Past. I hadn't realized there were movies and so I watched them all in one sitting, and loved them even more than the cartoon. (Yes, even Last Stand.) That was what ended up triggering my desire to read comics, as well as my lifelong love for Scott Summers and Jean Grey.

No Caption Provided

Darah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cartoons, video games, and movies.

znop01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely, redheads...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.