Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What frustrates you or concerns you more

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll What frustrates you or concerns you more (63 votes)

Terrigen Mist/Inhumans 40%
    Rogue still with the Avengers 16%
    no real Jean 6%
    no real Wolverine 17%
    Gambit still not relevant 14%
    No news on any other mutants after Secret Wars 16%
    No X-Men cartoons 33%
    No X-Men games 21%
    No updated news on X-Men TV Show 11%
    No Emma 11%
    No Kitty 6%
    X-Men titles being delayed 22%
    Something esle. 22%

It's not easy being an X-Men fan. I'm just curious to know what frustrates you or concerns you more. Please pick option , which applies to you more as X-Man fan.

If I have missed something out, let me know.

Please put the options in order as well.

• 
    Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Takeshi55

If I could, I'd vote for Terrigen Mist/Inhumans 13 times.

I also don't like that not many mutants are relevant after SW, which means they'll probably get killed off.

That plus lack of X-Men cartoon is annoying, especially since everyone else (bar FF) are getting their own TV shows.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's dying mutants? I vote that.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the option "Im not frustrated"?

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Isn't that under Terrigen Mist?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi55: Yea but i dont care about the inhumans thing....

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What worries me the most is Marvel is so petty that they will try to kill off one of their most popular franchises just because they don't have the movie rights.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

its like, I dont really care much about the direction they are going IT COULD be interesting, more then likely not but still. The most bothersome thing for me, is the fact that so many characters seem to be in limbo or dead or even worst AVENGERS <.<

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why are Kitty and Rogue dicking around with flatscans when the X-Men need them more than ever?

I'm worried for many of my favorites; specifically Rictor, Karma, Emma and Gambit.

I'm so unbelievably tired of the O5. Send them the #%*$ home, and give us a book with characters who aren't being used.

X-Men 92'? Is pointless nostalgia wank really what we need right now? If you want 90s X-Men, then go read the thousands of 90s X-Men comics.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The terrigent/Inhuma thing, the non cartoon or Video game thing and more personnaly the fact then the x-men villain rarely team up with other villain, I desperet for

x-men foe member of the Master Of Evil.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Why are Kitty and Rogue dicking around with flatscans when the X-Men need them more than ever?

I'm worried for many of my favorites; specifically Rictor, Karma, Emma and Gambit.

I'm so unbelievably tired of the O5. Send them the #%*$ home, and give us a book with characters that aren't being used.

X-Men 92'? Is pointless nostalgia wank really what we need right now? If you want 90s X-Men, then go read the thousands of 90s X-Men comics.

You and I have been clicking so hard lately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366:

*high fives*

Still, I wish we were clicking over something more positive.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: *high five* (also we can use this 'o/' and '\o')

Um how are you liking Valiant? They are kicking some serious ass with their BoD event.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Takeshi55

@dman1366: Maybe the other X-Men will appear once SW is over. After all, it's mostly just previews now of the new MU.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By kcomicfan

The books are not even out yet. How Can you be frustrated or cocerned, when the books are not out to explain why everything is happening the way it is? This is just Fan paranoia.

The only thing that is worth worrying about is The X-men's lack off new Cartoons and Video Games

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It would be STELLAR if after X-Men: Apocalypse they launched what would have been the second season of Wolverine and the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse.

I've been watching X-Men The Animated Series on Hulu and it makes me so sad that no news of new X-toons have emerged :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: I have Ninjak and Divinity on my to-read list. Have you read Harbinger? All the reviews say that they're basically Valiant's X-Men, so naturally I'm interested.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: I have every book Valiant has put out since the 2012 relaunch. Harbinger is everything the X-Men should be, but can't be due to their fear of offending people. I would absolutely suggest reading it. All of Valiant's first TPB's are only $10

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By HandOfPrometheus

All of them. But I will pick one and that will be no real jean. You can also possibly add that they keep doing a "KILL ALL MUTANTS" story again.....Seriously they can come up with a different story by now.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the most would be......

no real Wolverine

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no x-men cartoon :'(

also comics being delayed .....since 2012

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, like someone say, all the x men members from the group should UNITE AND FIGHT !!!!!!!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle

I am going to address all of these...because I am bored right now.

• Terrigen Mist/Inhumans - This should be the utmost concern of any X-Men fan. Marvel isn't obviously going to entirely get rid of the X-Men because there is people obviously still gullible enough to buy their crap comics. However, it is no doubt obvious that Marvel looks to supplant the place the and importance the X-Men once had with the Inhumans because of film and merchandising rights.

The Inhumans used to be this weird, secluded race. You never really saw any of the other people other than the Inhuman Royal family. They were honestly just supposed to be more of a modern day pantheon of gods than anything else (they were co created by Jack Kirby after all). But now, they are popping up all over earth, being distrusted by humans, fighting for their place in the world, being genetically born with the ability to develop powers, these things are X-Men things. Go away, Inhumans

• .Rogue still with the Avengers - I am OK with this. It's nice to see some of the X-Men graduate to higher callings.

• no real Jean - Jean should have stayed dead after 1980. I don't think anyone over the age of 13 takes the "O5" seriously anyways.

• no real Wolverine- Wolverine has become almost invincible over the years, knows all the karate, and is on like 50 teams at once. He was kind of ridiculous. I understand people love him and find him to be an indelible part of the X-Men, so maybe a break is whats best for the character. As for Old Man Logan....Nobody is going to take that seriously either.

• Gambit still not relevant – Gambit hasn't been relevant since the 90s. It's my subjective opinion of course, but I have never seen the reason for the obsession over this character. He is kind of goofy—even for comic book standards.

• No news on any other mutants after Secret Wars – Marvel has enough mutants as it is. Maybe they can focus on a lot of the interesting ones hey already have.

• No X-Men cartoons – Eh. In the US, cartoons are more aimed at kids to market toys and candy and crap. The X-men have long standing history of being about more adult themes, like prejudice, relationships, morality etc. Their most well known stories prominently feature things like death and genocide after all--so, who cares.

• No X-Men games – Don't play video games

• No updated news on X-Men TV Show – Most super hero TV shows are nothing that great. Daredevil was really good because you can produce a show like that with very little expense for special effects. The X-Men are full of characters with super powers of varying degrees, strange appearances, weird costumes. I can't imagine it would be anything that good.

• No Emma – Meh.

• No Kitty – Yeah. She needs to come back and be team leader.

• X-Men titles being delayed – They will come out eventually.

• Something esle. --Whats Koays mentioned. About creative saying they are going to kill of characters is a pretty legit cause for concern.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked the following three:

Terrigen Mist/Inhumans: This concerns me for multiple reasons, though the main reason is the sudden push the Inhumans (as well as GotG) have received in the past year. The X-men have definitely been placed on the back burner and fans can definitely see the obvious transition ever since AvX. Also the "fight for survivor" is a recycled concept that has been done to death, though I am interested to see how Storm will handle such a crisis under her leadership. Still though we've been told this same story with the same characters just in different positions.

X-men Titles Being Delayed: This bothers me for obvious reasons, but what really grinds my gears is the moot point of the delays. They don't add anything different to the story or make the story in more or less impactful if it's released around the same time as this irreverent Secret Wars. Pick a release date Marvel and stick with it! fans are tired of having to wait months at a time just to conclude a plot that should have last all but two issues anyway.

Rogue still with the Avengers: I don't know why more people aren't bother by this. Rogue is one of the house hold names in the X-verse and all things considering that is where she should be. I do agree that it is nice to see some characters branch off into the rest of the MU, however severing that character's ties completely is a bit derisive.

No X-men Cartoons: This is also a big problem we are having as fans. Cartoons are very dear to most of us and we haven't seen an X-men cartoon in 7 years. I've always had a concept for an animated series which starts with the O5 in the first season and by the 2nd season we see the next generations of X-men form. I feel the x-men have way too many stories that could be adapted into animation to be ignored. DC is knocking it out the park in the animation department. It's about time Marvel stepped their game up and I feel an X-men cartoon would be the perfect opportunity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No X-Men cartoons for me, also the Inhumans suck (Except Blackbolt)

JasonBriggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JasonBriggs

Can I choose everything on the list?

Inhumans annoy me the most.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@dman1366: I have Ninjak and Divinity on my to-read list. Have you read Harbinger? All the reviews say that they're basically Valiant's X-Men, so naturally I'm interested.

harbinger was only 25 issues its over. ninjak tpb for first 4 issues is out now. 10$ for it. i hope they have a copy still at my lcs. i mainly read xo and rai but going to get caught up on imperium and ninjak.

what bothers me most is the shoddy writing on both xmen and uxm we have got the past two years. that last story arc for the x-men was just stupid. kree experiment underground. wow earth shattering. not.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want a x-men cartoon

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a Gambit book back. His last solo series was actually really good, before it was canned and he moved to X-Factor. Many, myself included, thought he would be a good fit in X-Force.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwoslave: that shoddy writing is exactly what pushed me towards Valiant, Image, and Black Mask

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I just want a Gambit book back. His last solo series was actually really good, before it was canned and he moved to X-Factor. Many, myself included, thought he would be a good fit in X-Force.

did you read All-New X-Factor?

He was one of the main characters in that and I thought it was really good. Maybe the best book Marvel had at the time.

Unfortunately, like his last solo, it apparently wasn't popular enough, which was probably seen as another strike against him as a sellable character.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cajunpirate: I'd love to see Gambit in a book with Emma Frost. For some reason I think they'd be an awesome team-up along with a few others maybe Sunfire, Bishop and I don't know

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan being gone doesn't bother me, not because I didn't like what they were doing with him, but because I really like the idea of Laura stepping up to take up the Wolverine mantle. Besides we all know his death is temporary. Marvel trying to replace Mutants with Inhumans is very worrying, I'm worried they'll start showing the X-MEN in a more negative light and Inhumans in a more positive one. No X-MEN cartoon really bothers me sense they were a animation mainstay for such a long time. What bothers me most though is that Marvel is willing to retcon history in order to further downgrade mutants, look what they did to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, I mean if their willing to retcon years of history then there probably willing do anything.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't need Jean herself to come back to life, but my main point of frustration is the continuing presence of the 05.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@rdclip said:

What worries me the most is Marvel is so petty that they will try to kill off one of their most popular franchises just because they don't have the movie rights.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@roddy010 said:

I picked the following three:

Terrigen Mist/Inhumans: This concerns me for multiple reasons, though the main reason is the sudden push the Inhumans (as well as GotG) have received in the past year. The X-men have definitely been placed on the back burner and fans can definitely see the obvious transition ever since AvX. Also the "fight for survivor" is a recycled concept that has been done to death, though I am interested to see how Storm will handle such a crisis under her leadership. Still though we've been told this same story with the same characters just in different positions.

X-men Titles Being Delayed: This bothers me for obvious reasons, but what really grinds my gears is the moot point of the delays. They don't add anything different to the story or make the story in more or less impactful if it's released around the same time as this irreverent Secret Wars. Pick a release date Marvel and stick with it! fans are tired of having to wait months at a time just to conclude a plot that should have last all but two issues anyway.

Rogue still with the Avengers: I don't know why more people aren't bother by this. Rogue is one of the house hold names in the X-verse and all things considering that is where she should be. I do agree that it is nice to see some characters branch off into the rest of the MU, however severing that character's ties completely is a bit derisive.

No X-men Cartoons: This is also a big problem we are having as fans. Cartoons are very dear to most of us and we haven't seen an X-men cartoon in 7 years. I've always had a concept for an animated series which starts with the O5 in the first season and by the 2nd season we see the next generations of X-men form. I feel the x-men have way too many stories that could be adapted into animation to be ignored. DC is knocking it out the park in the animation department. It's about time Marvel stepped their game up and I feel an X-men cartoon would be the perfect opportunity.

This^
    SPOILER ALERT

I read the teasers and.....

The T.Mist apparently put Rogue in a coma..
    Beast joining the Inhumans (What a backstabber--AGAIN!!)
    ...Less X-books....
    ...Less X-solos....
    .....Even Less x-characters than before....yet we have Fantomex automatically ruining another X-book...
    ...Kitty thinks she is the new Starlord.... because her race and friends aren't dying or anything....
    And Storm's new outfit blows compared to the Headmistress/X-force look.

--I'm totally cool with no more new mutants for a while.
    I want to see more of the old characters like: Marrow, Selene, Callisto, Maddie, Shard, Blink, and more X-treme X-men characters.

But seriously We need a new X-men show, video game, and infinity characters.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

No cartoons or games

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SunsetGold

@cattlebattle said:

• Terrigen Mist/Inhumans - This should be the utmost concern of any X-Men fan. Marvel isn't obviously going to entirely get rid of the X-Men because there is people obviously still gullible enough to buy their crap comics. However, it is no doubt obvious that Marvel looks to supplant the place the and importance the X-Men once had with the Inhumans because of film and merchandising rights.

The Inhumans used to be this weird, secluded race. You never really saw any of the other people other than the Inhuman Royal family. They were honestly just supposed to be more of a modern day pantheon of gods than anything else (they were co created by Jack Kirby after all). But now, they are popping up all over earth, being distrusted by humans, fighting for their place in the world, being genetically born with the ability to develop powers, these things are X-Men things. Go away, Inhumans

• .Rogue still with the Avengers - I am OK with this. It's nice to see some of the X-Men graduate to higher callings.

• no real Jean - Jean should have stayed dead after 1980. I don't think anyone over the age of 13 takes the "O5" seriously anyways.

• no real Wolverine- Wolverine has become almost invincible over the years, knows all the karate, and is on like 50 teams at once. He was kind of ridiculous. I understand people love him and find him to be an indelible part of the X-Men, so maybe a break is whats best for the character. As for Old Man Logan....Nobody is going to take that seriously either.

• Gambit still not relevant – Gambit hasn't been relevant since the 90s. It's my subjective opinion of course, but I have never seen the reason for the obsession over this character. He is kind of goofy—even for comic book standards.

• No news on any other mutants after Secret Wars – Marvel has enough mutants as it is. Maybe they can focus on a lot of the interesting ones hey already have.

• No X-Men cartoons – Eh. In the US, cartoons are more aimed at kids to market toys and candy and crap. The X-men have long standing history of being about more adult themes, like prejudice, relationships, morality etc. Their most well known stories prominently feature things like death and genocide after all--so, who cares.

• No updated news on X-Men TV Show – Most super hero TV shows are nothing that great. Daredevil was really good because you can produce a show like that with very little expense for special effects. The X-Men are full of characters with super powers of varying degrees, strange appearances, weird costumes. I can't imagine it would be anything that good.

• No Emma – Meh.

• Something esle. --Whats Koays mentioned. About creative saying they are going to kill of characters is a pretty legit cause for concern.

Rogue should return to the X-Men. She's better off with them than with the Avengers.

Gambit's been relevant since 2008 and had another solo in 2012. You've definitely lost it there, I can tell. You may not like the character but you're just going by his major comics in the early days instead of what he's been in now. What about when he was X-23's mentor/father figure in most of her solo comics? That was in 2012, and that was an important part for him. And he was a major side character in X-Men Evolution, don't forget. And when he became one of Apocalypse's Horsemen? (which was a terrible idea but it was still a big moment). And you're saying that's not relevant.

Kitty definitely needs to come back. She's a staple of X-Men.

Jean shouldn't have been killed off in the first place. They're killing off way too many characters.

X-Men games need to be brought out again. I wasn't a huge fan of Destiny though. And I'm really glad Scott and Emma are no longer together. Never liked them together. Scott was always better off with Jean.

As for the cartoons, Wolverine and the X-Men got cancelled early and it only ran for one series. The latest X-Men cartoon there has been is the anime one from 2011. I hope we will be seeing another one that is set in the present comics.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

• No Emma – Meh.

Rogue should return to the X-Men. She's better off with them than with the Avengers. And Gambit's been relevant since the mid 00s you nutter. You've definitely lost it there. Just because he's not as big now as he was back then doesn't mean he's no longer relevant.

Kitty definitely needs to come back. She's a staple of X-Men.

Jean shouldn't have been killed off in the first place. They're killing off way too many characters.

X-Men games need to be brought out again. I wasn't a huge fan of Destiny though. And I'm really glad Scott and Emma are no longer together. They've set sail.

i luv ya :)

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SunsetGold
    TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Gambit and Emma should definitely be in a book together. It should be about them finally getting recognised as heroes. I would add the most respected X-Men Storm and Nightcrawler and also Monet as a friend for Emma and a firey romance for Gambit. She's pretty much a superior version of Rogue :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.