Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What ever happened to that old character Magma

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Celestrion

I mean she was good from last I remember In my opinion her power should have held an Omega to it.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Next appearing in Young X-Men #2

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cobalt

I hear she' gonna be part of the new brotherhood. She's the only character in marvel to switch sides every two years. I don't think they know what to do with her. They should have left her alone in Nova Roma with Empath.

Avatar image for lightning_omega
    Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Lightning Omega

Cobalt says:

"I hear she' gonna be part of the new brotherhood. She's the only character in marvel to switch sides every two years. I don't think they know what to do with her. They should have left her alone in Nova Roma with Empath."

do you know who else will be brotherhood?

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cobalt

I heard something about moonstar, but I don't wanna believe it. I always wondered why Thyphod(I know I didn't spell it rite)Mary was never on the brotherhood. Last time I checked she's a mutant. Young x-men is gonna have to get a new creative team for me to waste my money on it when all they're gonna do is the same crap that was done in the 90's. I'm sick of her(Magma) turning her back on her friend. That's not who she is.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Enigma

what happened?

Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Jaadu

I REALLY like Magma, but for some reason Marvel doesn't really emphasize her that much...... I hope her comeback (yet another one!) will be a good/memorable one... and the whole idea of the "brotherhood" with Magma and Moonstar (and others) seems kinda risky..... so far I'm not liking THAT idea.....

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cobalt

On one of the other forums I was on, it was said that Moonstar,Magma, and Sunspot were to be advisors yo the Young X-men team.

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Celestrion

Magma had some great feautures but I don't regenration should have been left out. I Mean Lava and fire should be able to heal her she was pretty good.

Frameshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Frameshift

I liked Magma too. She was able to shine a bit in Asgardian Wars and in the New Mutants for a time. It annoys me when characters flipflop all the time and unfortunately, Magma's not the only one to do it.

I realize in all the various series that villains sometimes change their evil ways and the good guys are not always what they seem. But the X-books in particular seem to focus on these particular cliches more than most, especially the evil-guy-wants-to-join-the-team scenario.

I personally liked Juggernaut, the White Queen, and Magneto much better when they were villains. They were dynamic baddies that helped define individuals heroes; Juggernaut and Magneto strengthen Professor X and the White Queen was fast becoming Storms nemesis (and what a good one she would have been!). For one, it makes the X-Men look gullible inviting these characters on board, and then regret it later. Second, it undermines previous history. To me, it shows poor writing

I'm thankful some stories have the integrity to keep some of the real iconic villians on the dark side. How hokie would it be for the Joker to join the Justice League for a stint -- more importantly, how stupid would they look for accepting him?

The most annoying thing in regard to the X-Men over the years has been this trend. If a villain is popular enough, expect him or her to join the team at some point in the future. How long until the Blob delivers a Fastball Special?

Anyways, Magma is/was a fresh take on a particular archtype: the flaming superhero. Over the years the storytellers have managed to waste her character. Not by setting her aside, but by making her wishy-washy. Maybe this time the writers will attempt to define her.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cobalt

Celestrion says:

"I mean she was good from last I remember In my opinion her power should have held an Omega to it."

You are so lucky Darkchild is your man, heffer. I kinda look it him as a mentor. So I'll let you slide this time, but if it happens again the kid gloves are coming off,and we're getting out the K.Y. jelly. LoL

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Cobalt says:

"On one of the other forums I was on, it was said that Moonstar,Magma, and Sunspot were to be advisors yo the Young X-men team."

This.

Why do people think they will be on the Brotherhood?

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Celestrion

fesak says:

"Cobalt says:
    "On one of the other forums I was on, it was said that Moonstar,Magma, and Sunspot were to be advisors yo the Young X-men team."
    This. Why do people think they will be on the Brotherhood?"

I guess since her crucifixtion over at the Xavier Institue(Just thinking something up) by the church of * (Forgot) She probally doesn't forgive humans for what they did. Then again she prb. isn't going to join.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Celestrion says:

"fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:

I guess since her crucifixtion over at the Xavier Institue(Just thinking something up) by the church of * (Forgot) She probally doesn't forgive humans for what they did. Then again she prb. isn't going to join."

But it's already confirmed that Magma, Moonstar, Sunspot and Karma will be advisors to the Young X-Men.

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Celestrion

fesak says:

"Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:
    I guess since her crucifixtion over at the Xavier Institue(Just thinking something up) by the church of ***** (Forgot) She probally doesn't forgive humans for what they did. Then again she prb. isn't going to join."
    But it's already confirmed that Magma, Moonstar, Sunspot and Karma will be advisors to the Young X-Men."

Well like I said prev. I don't know I'm just thinking something up. But I do remeber that she was going to be some sort of teacher or advisor for the X-men. So yeah I'm agreeing with you.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cobalt

Celestrion says:

"fesak says:
    "Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:
    I guess since her crucifixtion over at the Xavier Institue(Just thinking something up) by the church of ***** (Forgot) She probally doesn't forgive humans for what they did. Then again she prb. isn't going to join."
    But it's already confirmed that Magma, Moonstar, Sunspot and Karma will be advisors to the Young X-Men."
    Well like I said prev. I don't know I'm just thinking something up. But I do remeber that she was going to be some sort of teacher or advisor for the X-men. So yeah I'm agreeing with you."

On the cover of Young X-men it looks like she has the old Malice choker around her neck. So I guess only will tell.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Cobalt says:

"Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:
    Well like I said prev. I don't know I'm just thinking something up. But I do remeber that she was going to be some sort of teacher or advisor for the X-men. So yeah I'm agreeing with you."

On the cover of Young X-men it looks like she has the old Malice choker around her neck. So I guess only will tell."

Could be, but Malice is a computer virus now, and why would Malice possess someone that is powerless anyway?

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cobalt

fesak says:

"Cobalt says:
    "Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:
    On the cover of Young X-men it looks like she has the old Malice choker around her neck. So I guess only will tell."
    Could be, but Malice is a computer virus now, and why would Malice possess someone that is powerless anyway?"

Maybe they'll show that malice had to go back to being in the choker after pixie blow a hole in omega sentinel, and reactivited monnstar's powers. She is making a psi-arrow.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Cobalt says:

"fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:
    "Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Celestrion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Cobalt says:
    Could be, but Malice is a computer virus now, and why would Malice possess someone that is powerless anyway?"

Maybe they'll show that malice had to go back to being in the choker after pixie blow a hole in omega sentinel, and reactivited monnstar's powers. She is making a psi-arrow."

Yeah, good theory, except all mutants de-powered after M-Day became baseline humans. There is no powers to reactivate. But now that you mention it there definitely is an energy arrow on that cover, and the bow is stringless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.