What Else Was Going On During New Mutants Volume 2?

#1 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

I took a break from comics during the early 2000's and missed a lot so I'm not getting some of the references to other series that they made during New Mutants Volume 2 (the one with Surge, Elixir, and others)...stuff like Magneto attacking the school at the end of the volume and a riot sometime during the middle of the series and Magma getting crucified before the book started....where and when did this stuff happen?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Selina_Sublime (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Magma was crucified in Uncanny X-Men's Holy War arc (#423). Generation X's Skin was killed during this raid of the Xavier school.

The Riot was Riot At Xavier's, which occurred in the New X-Men title. The Magneto attack probably also occurred in that title. It was probably the biggest title of the 2000's and I'd highly reccommend it.

BTW if you need reference notes for each issue, UncannyXMen.net is a great resource.

#4 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selina_Sublime said:

The Riot was Riot At Xavier's, which occurred in the New X-Men title. The Magneto attack probably also occurred in that title. It was probably the biggest title of the 2000's and I'd highly reccommend it.

Second biggest, after Whedon's Astonishing X-men run (that followed it).

But yeah, I'd highly recommend it too.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Selina_Sublime said:

Whedon's Astonishing was half as long and relied almost entirely on things that Morrison set up.

#6 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@dangallant984 said:

@Selina_Sublime said:

Whedon's Astonishing was half as long and relied almost entirely on things that Morrison set up.

That is true, but that doesn't mean it wasn't better.

And Morrison's run kinda gets crappy later on. Pretty much everything after Xorn takes his helmet off stinks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.