Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What do you think should happen to each member of p5 post avx?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chiq

Will they be absolved from their transgressions? Will the blame be put of the phoenix force?

It's interesting to see how each of the 5 were affected by phoenix force. Did the phoenix force control them or did it just magnify their actions by maybe, increasing their passion? A lot of what the 5 have done is pretty much in character for most of them. Namor, Emma and Magik in particular can be very amoral characters.

Namor-attacking Wakanda ( attacking the surface world isn't really out of character for him)

Emma-manipulating Namor into attacking and frying Hawk-eye to a crisp (we know she is a world class manipulator, especially with men)

Magik-bringing Limbo to earth and sending Avengers to Limbo prisons plus torture. (She has brought limbo to earth before and was never shy about sending enemies to burn in limbo before and can also manipulate the people around her like Emma)

Colossus and Cyclops-well they haven't done anything villian like yet. ( It could be argued that Scott forming the e-team with all it's powerful but combustible members might be held responsible for that)

So does Namor get a free pass for wakanda? or do the Avengers hunt him down after avx and put him up on trial? Do most of the x-men turn their backs on the 5?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@chiq: I think it wouldn't be fair if the avengers put them on trial or hunt them down IF they do then Scarlet Witch must aswer for killng off most of the mutant population(that's just me thinking :-/)

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Namor has to answer for wakanda.

xrs12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xrs12

SW still hasn't answered for de-powering the mutants. They may be able to enforce the law but it doesn't mean the avengers are above it.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rickbarry

Namor - Locked in space jail or forced to an all male penal colony.

Emma - I don't think anything should happen to her, but I hope she survives AvX.

Scott - I hope the same for Scott and that he still fields his own team.

Magik - She's been locked up enough lately, but I suppose she should face some punishment.

Piotr - I would say detention, but no one puts Juggs in a corner.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

Namor- He had better hope Atlantis is ready to go to arms against two p!ssed off Panthers and Storm.

Emma- The PF is evil, but Emma is probably the most likely candidate to become full on Dark Phoenix. I hope Emma survives and thrives, but I can't say if I'm sure that will happen.

Scott- Scott is the only member of the pF 5 who hasn't become evil/corrupted, oddly enough he seems more naive and pure "like his 60's-90's self" Marvel has plans for him, I just don't know what.

Magik- No idea the poor girl is all kinds of messed up with demons and cosmic entities, which I see hurting her in the long run of things.

Colossus- I think Pete will be the one most pardoned for his crimes, other than lashing out in WATX he has been pretty grounded so far.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry said:

Namor - Locked in space jail or forced to an all male penal colony.

Emma - I don't think anything should happen to her, but I hope she survives AvX.

Scott - I hope the same for Scott and that he still fields his own team.

Magik - She's been locked up enough lately, but I suppose she should face some punishment.

Piotr - I would say detention, but no one puts Juggs in a corner.

I can agree with this.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

And yes the PF has changed them. I don't know why people keep asking the question or wondering if the PF has magnified somethings of their personalities or corrupted them. It's obvious.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Veitha

I think that what's happening with the P5 is an Avengers' fault: if they hadn't tried to establish themselves as the law, despite what they were doing X-Men was a good thing for the world, I think that the P5 would not have lost control because everytime they lost control it was while they were trying to stop the Avengers

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hareil0079

@Veitha said:

I think that what's happening with the P5 is an Avengers' fault: if they hadn't tried to establish themselves as the law, despite what they were doing X-Men was a good thing for the world, I think that the P5 would not have lost control because everytime they lost control it was while they were trying to stop the Avengers

Hmmm.. interesting, so how do you explain Pitor's action in this weeks release of WATXM? how do you connect that to the Avengers? especially this is the most we've seen him this entire event. Not to mention how arrogant he's been acting from UXM and now WATXM.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Veitha

@Hareil0079 said:

@Veitha said:

Hmmm.. interesting, so how do you explain Pitor's action in this weeks release of WATXM? how do you connect that to the Avengers? especially this is the most we've seen him this entire event. Not to mention how arrogant he's been acting from UXM and now WATXM.

In that occasion he lost control but at the end of the issue he was obviously shocked by what he had done, so I think that he was just pissed off and in that moment the Phoenix and Cittorak amplified his emotions... don't forget that he's the juggernaut so when he loses control it's not only Phoenix's fault but it is mainly Cittorak's fault

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hareil0079

@Veitha said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Veitha said:

In that occasion he lost control but at the end of the issue he was obviously shocked by what he had done, so I think that he was just pissed off and in that moment the Phoenix and Cittorak amplified his emotions... don't forget that he's the juggernaut so when he loses control it's not only Phoenix's fault but it is mainly Cittorak's fault

I haven't forgotten about the Cyottrak and he's the juggernaunt I'm just pointing out the fault in your avengers bashing is all.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Veitha

@Hareil0079 said:

@Veitha said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Veitha said:

I haven't forgotten about the Cyottrak and he's the juggernaunt I'm just pointing out the fault in your avengers bashing is all.

Well, being the Juggernaut has been an essential part in his loss of control, including what happened in WATXM 12... and about being arrogant, well Steve Rogers and a lot of Avengers has done the same thing during the entire crossover

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rickbarry

The reason they're freaking out doesn't really have anything to do with The Avengers. Absolute power corrupts. It's only a matter of time before they think they know better than others. It's a small wonder they lasted as long as they did after The Avengers made their move.

@god_spawn: Punishment seconded. *Handshake.*

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hareil0079

@Veitha said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Veitha said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Veitha said:

Well, being the Juggernaut has been an essential part in his loss of control, including what happened in WATXM 12... and about being arrogant, well Steve Rogers and a lot of Avengers has done the same thing during the entire crossover

Fair Enough

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Umbraa

The new preview on Newsarama, Namor has a big red X on his avatar picture. So there is that..and he's not hurt or captured. Wow...they have Avengers show with both of those designations.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry said:

The reason they're freaking out doesn't really have anything to do with The Avengers. Absolute power corrupts. It's only a matter of time before they think they know better than others. It's a small wonder they lasted as long as they did after The Avengers made their move.

@god_spawn: Punishment seconded. *Handshake.*

Didn't get this PM. And I would shake your hand back.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JonSmith

@xrs12: And what law, exactly, did she break by depowering most of the mutants? Is there a law saying you're not allowed to strip people of their powers in the Marvel Universe?

As for what'll happen:

Namor: He'll either return to Atlantis, humiliated at being manipulated by the Pheonix Force, or his pride will force him to surrender himself and answer for his crimes against Wakanda.

Emma: Scott'll say that she was not responsible for her actions, none of them were, due to his experiences with Jean Grey, and they'll probably end up getting off scott (heh) free.

Magik: Back to prison with her!

Colossus: Cyttorak will grow tired of the Pheonix's presence and Colossus's reluctance, and when it leaves them, will strip Colossus of his Juggernaut powers. Perhaps returning them to Cain Marko.

Cyclops: Again, he'll say he was not responsible for his actions, but he too will surrender to answer for his crimes. In the event that his pride is greater than that, he'll refuse and say whatever he did was for the greater good of ALL mutants, and that anyone who would say otherwise doesn't know what it's like to be going extinct. From there... Who knows?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Veitha

@JonSmith said:

@xrs12: And what law, exactly, did she break by depowering most of the mutants? Is there a law saying you're not allowed to strip people of their powers in the Marvel Universe?

Hundred of mutants died when she depowered them and a lot of mutants died trying to recover them, so she didn't just depower mutants but she killed a lot of them

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Madame_Mist

I want justice. I want them to realise they have become monsters and take responsibilities with their actions.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Osian2

@Veitha said:

@JonSmith said:

Hundred of mutants died when she depowered them and a lot of mutants died trying to recover them, so she didn't just depower mutants but she killed a lot of them

To expand on this what law is there against being a phoenix host? Before hunting the Avengers the P5 didn't do anything illegal where as the Avengers assaulted Utopia to get Hope. After the very first battle of AVX Captain America wanted to lock up the x-men but now that the tables have been turned and the X-men are imprisoning them the Avengers are somehow victims?

On topic:

Namor will face some severe punishment if Black Panther has anything to say about it.

Emma will probably lose a lot of trust from everyone but so far she hasn't really done a whole lot of evil.

I agree with @Rickbarry: Magik has been locked up for too long now but I don't know where she'll go (New Mutants being cancelled and all)

Cyclops hasn't done anything evil at all so unless he changes he shouldn't face any punishment at all. He can't be blamed for the actions of the others.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Veitha

@Madame_Mist: What actions? They created an Utopia all around the world, they haven't done nothing illegal... Namor was the only one who did something wrong attacking Wakanda, but he had his reasons

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Veitha

@Osian2: Agree

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Madame_Mist

@Veitha said:

@Madame_Mist: What actions? They created an Utopia all around the world, they haven't done nothing illegal... Namor was the only one who did something wrong attacking Wakanda, but he had his reasons

Cyclops hasn't done anything at all. The other have done less than good things. Emma told Namor about Wakanda and kissed him knowing full well what he would do. Wakanda is an innocent nation, and there should be no excuse for flooding a nation because of a wounded ego. He's fight should be with Black Panther, not drowning innocent civilians. Magik, love her death, but she's been throwing people into Limbo, and look what she did to Rogue in the last issue of Legacy just because she defied her. Colossus threaten to destroy the Jean Grey School because Kitty wouldn't go out with him, a school full of Mutants, mind you, but at least he came to his senses. They are doing marvellous things, but their "our way, or the highway" attitude is going to be their downfall and destruction.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik should get the entire Phoenix, re/set time and space and become TOAA. The entire universe could then go through a soft reboot. Everyone else should go back to normal.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Veitha

@Madame_Mist said:

@Veitha said:

Cyclops hasn't done anything at all. The other have done less than good things. Emma told Namor about Wakanda and kissed him knowing full well what he would do. Wakanda is an innocent nation, and there should be no excuse for flooding a nation because of a wounded ego. He's fight should be with Black Panther, not drowning innocent civilians. Magik, love her death, but she's been throwing people into Limbo, and look what she did to Rogue in the last issue of Legacy just because she defied her. Colossus threaten to destroy the Jean Grey School because Kitty wouldn't go out with him, a school full of Mutants, mind you, but at least he came to his senses. They are doing marvellous things, but their "our way, or the highway" attitude is going to be their downfall and destruction.

Well, they brought peace to the world, supplied renewable energy , created endless reserves of food and water, removed all the weapons on the planet .... it seems to have done more good things bad things. About throwing people into Limbo, well the Avengers are criminals so they've been put in a prison. They have attacked Utopia and Thor hurt an innocent kid - Velocidad - and they've also kidnapped a girl and brought her away from her house and family - I'm talking about Transonic. So they're criminals and they need to be brought in a prison. Our way, or the highway fits very well with the Avengers, that have established themselves as the law from the start of this event and they're also acting like irritated kids

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crimsonlord53

You do know what they call leaders who demand that you follow them in jack booted lockstep right.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Madame_Mist

@Veitha said:

@Madame_Mist said:

@Veitha said:

Well, they brought peace to the world, supplied renewable energy , created endless reserves of food and water, removed all the weapons on the planet .... it seems to have done more good things bad things. About throwing people into Limbo, well the Avengers are criminals so they've been put in a prison. They have attacked Utopia and Thor hurt an innocent kid - Velocidad - and they've also kidnapped a girl and brought her away from her house and family - I'm talking about Transonic. So they're criminals and they need to be brought in a prison. Our way, or the highway fits very well with the Avengers, that have established themselves as the law from the start of this event and they're also acting like irritated kids

I don't deny that they have done wonderful things, but I'm thinking it's just getting to point whether we still consider them heroes or not.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rickbarry

@Osian2: She'll end up wherever Piotr ends up. They're a package deal.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Osian2

@Crimsonlord53 said:

You do know what they call leaders who demand that you follow them in jack booted lockstep right.

Captain America?

No Caption Provided

In all seriousness though the only people who have a problem with what the P4 are doing is the Avengers/American Government. Who are they to decide what is right and what is wrong?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crimsonlord53

@Osian2:

Never thought of it that way. I would like to see more of what the world as a whole thinks of Mr summer's vision.

About throwing people into Limbo, well the Avengers are criminals so they've been put in a prison. They have attacked Utopia and Thor hurt an innocent kid
    and they've also kidnapped a girl and brought her away from her house and family - I'm talking about Transonic

See I read that as cap was following orders giving by the elected leadership of the whole of the United States so his actions where legal if unjust. It was scott who broke the law by attacking the avengers IMO.

Funny I read that as transonic simply got caught in the spell following orders giving to her by a P5.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Osian2

@Crimsonlord53 said:

@Osian2:

Never thought of it that way. I would like to see more of what the world as a whole thinks of Mr summer's vision.

About throwing people into Limbo, well the Avengers are criminals so they've been put in a prison. They have attacked Utopia and Thor hurt an innocent kid
    and they've also kidnapped a girl and brought her away from her house and family - I'm talking about Transonic

See I read that as cap was following orders giving by the elected leadership of the whole of the United States so his actions where legal if unjust. It was scott who broke the law by attacking the avengers IMO.

Funny I read that as transonic simply got caught in the spell following orders giving to her by a P5.

I agree I wonder how the other nations of the world feel about this as it's only America that has went against the new order. How do Russia, China and even Latveria view the situation?

It depends whether you see Utopia as it's own nation and not as a part of the US. There's already a huge debate about this (i'd rather not restart it here), i'm on the side that it is a nation of it's own so to me it was an illegal act.

As for Transonic I think after she fell through the portal Black Panther (Shuri) ordered her to be locked up. So she is being held against her will in a different country at least. Does that count as kidnapping?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Crimsonlord53
    As for Transonic I think after she fell through the portal Black Panther (Shuri) ordered her to be locked up. So she is being held against her will in a different country at least. Does that count as kidnapping?

No but as an enemy combatant she would be consider a POW and let's face it this is a war.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Veitha

@Madame_Mist said:

@Veitha said:

@Madame_Mist said:

@Veitha said:

I don't deny that they have done wonderful things, but I'm thinking it's just getting to point whether we still consider them heroes or not.

The same thing can be said for the Avengers

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John Valentine

Emma, Magik and Colossus are going to lose control. Cyclops will have to put them down.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rickbarry

@John Valentine: You think he can take Magik or Colossus down? One is the avatar for two of the more powerful forces in the Marvel U and Magik has an insane bag of tricks. He'd have a hard enough time putting Emma down.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John Valentine

@Rickbarry said:

@John Valentine: You think he can take Magik or Colossus down? One is the avatar for two of the more powerful forces in the Marvel U and Magik has an insane bag of tricks. He'd have a hard enough time putting Emma down.

He'll have no option but to try.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rickbarry

@John Valentine: Fair enough. I'm mildly curious how the others will be depowered. It's obvious that Cyclops and Emma will have some type of confrontation, but Magik and Colossus could very well get the Namor treatment.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Osian2:

Cyclops hasn't done anything evil at all so unless he changes he shouldn't face any punishment at all. He can't be blamed for the actions of the others.

He may not be blamed by the fans, but as far as in Marvel he sure can. They would find some stupid reason for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.