What do you think of the concept behind All New Xfactor?

#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

So I know it's pretty early in the series but what do you think of the overall concept? Better yet, what did you think about the idea when it was first announced?

I know it may be hard to draw a conclusion and it's kind of wait-n-see mode at the moment. But sometimes certain concepts can immediately spark your interest and you have to add it to your pull list while others are kind of take it or leave it "I'll wait until its available in trade." Likewise some concepts are great but the execution is lacking.

What do you think of this concept for Xfactor? Is it a genius idea or a little bit of a stretch to imagine?

#2 Posted by Avenger85 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok needs to get the %*^& out of Avengers and back into X-Factor ASAP.

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't read the previous run of X-Factor unfortunately but I did like the first issue of this series a lot. I'll be reading issue 2 shortly.

#4 Posted by Cutter (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I am intrigued by the cast. So excited to see Danger in the team, but Havok need to come back. I still haven't purchase this yet...so I don't really know the whole concept, but I'm looking forward to it. What really annoyed me is their yellow uniforms. I thought it could have been better...either way...Polaris looks good in it. :)

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

umm is it people's opinion on this: I read they new one and i am not liking it so far but i guess its to early to say. So im going to wait and see for futher ones before i make a final judgement

#6 Edited by longbowhunter (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a big fan of the last volume of X-Factor. I read the first issue of the new run and I liked it.

#7 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

God i dont have this one yet, but what exactly is the concept? spoilers please lol

#8 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4573 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

God i dont have this one yet, but what exactly is the concept? spoilers please lol

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=19338

It's a corporate superhero team funded by a new agency. The team's being led by Polaris, who first recruits Gambit and Quicksilver.

#9 Edited by Squares (6614 posts) - - Show Bio

The concept of a corporate-funded team calls back to the days when X-factor was run by the government, back in the 90s, which is pretty cool. The team dynamic seems solid thusfar, which is nice.

However, after reading the first two issues I'm not sure about the series at all. The art and writing don't mix well (IMHO) and the issues are so short that they're barely worth the asking price. Unless something changes, or when they finally introduce Cypher and Warlock, I'm not holding my breath.

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

To me it kinda reminds me of Nightwing and Arsenal's Outsiders. I really hope it doesn't turn out that Batman owns the company funding them.

#11 Posted by HumanRocket (8174 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Havok needs to get the %*^& out of Avengers and back into X-Factor ASAP.

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Havok needs to get the %*^& out of Avengers and back into X-Factor ASAP.

Yes especially before he ends up dead like rogue

#13 Edited by MaccyD (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

The concept is what's drawing me to buy the series soon.

#14 Posted by Avenger85 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the writers to make Havok take Captain America's balls out of his mouth and finally join X-Factor again.

#15 Edited by adamTRMM (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't get why they'd dress Danger up lol Also her and Warlock on the same team?

For now, I'm not really fascinated (guess it's too early) by the book, but I still look forward for more interesting stuff that for some reason I'm sure will happen.

As for the concept, corporation that wants to help people? Well, like I said, too early to judge, but I hope the things will start to get intense bc for now we really didn't receive any answer.

#16 Edited by time (5014 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Havok to join X-Factor. If he did, he would be the focus. I like the fact that Polaris is leading her own team. The second issue was much better than the first issue. I don't like the costumes. I think Polaris, Gambit, Quicksilver and Danger will be the best characters in this series.

#17 Posted by Moonlighterstone (322 posts) - - Show Bio

U damn right it's too early, especially to come up with any concept. I didn't even bought the sec issues yet, so I can't say much. But I do like the idea of having them back.

#18 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i'd go as far as to say this one of the best, if not the best, X-Book right now. And it's not even mainstream lmfao. Despite sales, it's easy to see why PAD cemented such a solid and loyal following during his previous tenure.

#19 Posted by numi (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that got a kick out of Warlock going gaga over Danger? I'm actually really enjoying the book and glad that it's not connected to all the other X-men activities.

#20 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi said:

Am I the only one that got a kick out of Warlock going gaga over Danger? I'm actually really enjoying the book and glad that it's not connected to all the other X-men activities.

Indeed. And that was bloody hilarious. The team dynamics are just hilarious. This some really, really good stuff (my fave is Danger, lmfao) right here and it's a shame that quite a lot of people are missing out.

#21 Edited by adamTRMM (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best books right now. It started to get slow, but finally the whole unconventional lineup is assembled, and I'm looking forward for its directions.

"Because I say so?" Seriously Lorna?

Shut up, Pietro."

Made me smile widely :]

#22 Edited by HAWK2916 (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

Im interested because its PAD and I have faith in him to deliver good stories. However I have to admit that when i heard we'd be getting Danger, Cypher and Warlock my anticipation dropped. These are some of my least favorite characters. But again i give it a chance because prior to his other run I cared less about Madrox, Monet and Siryn but now they are some of my faves. I still hate Rictor, Shatterstart, Longshot and Darwin though lol.

When i heard PAD was coming back with All New X-factor and it would be Polaris, Quicksilver and Gambit. I was hoping the other members would be Sage, Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane and Chamber. I certainly thought it would be better this way. But again i have faith in PAD and his writing is some of the best if not the best out there at the moment. And though it started a little slow weve gotten to 6 issues pretty quick so a slower pace is not as annoying when you get multiple issues a month

#23 Posted by adamTRMM (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916:

lol why hate Darwin? He's ok I think. Not that I know much I still only read some of the old X-factor, kinda can't get over Maddox's stupid power set and he is a central character there.

I like the technological take on the new cast with Warlock, Danger and Cypher, knowing PAD a little I do expect some near-controversial twists and sudden explorations, but Lorna and Quicksilver are the top reasons, always wanted her to interact more with her f@cked up family (waiting for Mags cameo).

#24 Edited by HAWK2916 (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: yeah. Like i said I still would rather have the characters I mentioned over Warlock, Cypher and Danger as I never liked those characters. However its PAD and the man can tell a good story so Im definitely going along for the ride. It would just be so cool to see Sage and Dani and Chamber get the PAD treatment

#25 Edited by Koays (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that the cast is all there i think we can see what the story will really do. It's been an interesting set up, but it hasnt pulled me in yet and i usually pick it up last of my pulls

#26 Posted by Frozon (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I only like this New xf only cause of Gambit. If not then meh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.