Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What do I do now with x-men (help)

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By box1992

Hey guys, not sure if this is worthy of new thread or not, but I really would like some help. I have bee collecting comics for the last few years, the last couple though have been on and off and I would catch up on series by buying runs of the comics. Currently I collect x-men, uncanny x-men, wolverine and the x-men, ultimate x-men, astonishing x-men and wolverine.

Now with the cancellations of titles and rebooting and what not. I really would like to focus on just a few if possible, and not buy the back issues of the ones that are just going to stop. With the ones listed above, which are going to continue, and which are done for good and no use of trying to find some of the older issues? I know there is also the X-men now one that came out this month, I am assuming that is going to be the main series.

thanks

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By McKlayn

@box1992 said:

Hey guys, not sure if this is worthy of new thread or not, but I really would like some help. I have bee collecting comics for the last few years, the last couple though have been on and off and I would catch up on series by buying runs of the comics. Currently I collect x-men, uncanny x-men, wolverine and the x-men, ultimate x-men, astonishing x-men and wolverine.

Now with the cancellations of titles and rebooting and what not. I really would like to focus on just a few if possible, and not buy the back issues of the ones that are just going to stop. With the ones listed above, which are going to continue, and which are done for good and no use of trying to find some of the older issues? I know there is also the X-men now one that came out this month, I am assuming that is going to be the main series.

thanks

Ultimate X men & Wolverine & the X men, & Astonishing X men are all continuing with the same numbering blah blah no changes (except maybe a writer? not even sure about that) Uncanny However was canceled with number 20? maybe 21, not sure, but it will be relaunched in Feb. with a new number one, also since you seem to focus on the X men universe i would suggest at least Trying All New X men, it has had one issue printed to date and it was pretty good start

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By box1992

@McKlayn: thank you, ye All new X-men is the one I believe that just started up so I am going to start getting those. And the Uncanny that will relaunch in Feb, is it worth getting the previous ones from this series? or just not bothering with it at all if it wont have any relevance. Also the x-men series that started in 2010 i believe, that is being stopped I heard, is there something taking its place? like a continuation of some sort? And how about Wolverine?

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By chalkshark

@box1992: To my knowledge there are going to be two Wolverine titles on the stands. One drawn by Frank Cho, which will feature Wolverine in the Savage Land, the other drawn by Alan Davis, which I believe will be the more mainstream Wolverine title.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@box1992 said:

@McKlayn: thank you, ye All new X-men is the one I believe that just started up so I am going to start getting those. And the Uncanny that will relaunch in Feb, is it worth getting the previous ones from this series? or just not bothering with it at all if it wont have any relevance. Also the x-men series that started in 2010 i believe, that is being stopped I heard, is there something taking its place? like a continuation of some sort? And how about Wolverine?

As of now, there aren't any rumors goings around regarding a continuation of the title, at least, not for now, anyways. There may be one near March or something like that, tho.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McKlayn

@box1992: I would buy the Uncanny that started in 2011 (ish?) just because, the new series has a similar line up and is loosely a continuation of that one. However if you read AVX, Consequences and ALL New that is more of the "right before" The new Uncanny Series and you could prolly skip out on The 2011 (ish) version if your just saving some money. Also i havent heard anything official about a Relaunch of the X men title that started with Mutants vs Vampires but They have released a team? The one with Iceman, Pixie and all that right? (some one might want to uh verify that?) so i think they are relaunching

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By box1992

thanks a lot guys, and the uncanny that started after the split right? the re launch is continuing from there?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McKlayn

@box1992: yea

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By x_29

Stick to Wolverine and the x-men, and ultimate x-men. Also check out All New X-men.

box1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By box1992

@x_29 said:

Stick to Wolverine and the x-men, and ultimate x-men. Also check out All New X-men.

what about astonishing?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By dangallant984

Astonishing has probably been the most consistently solid X-men title of the past year (if you don't count the inappropriate timing of Northstar's wedding..), but, yeah, All-New X-men is my new favourite.

as for the last volume of Uncanny', you won't be missing much if you skip it. I think AvsX:consequences is a better primer (and use of the main characters) than the entire 20 issue run of Uncanny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.