What do hope and/or fear for the X-men with Marvel NOW!

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope the Phoenix gives mutantkind a rebirth and redeems herself because i hate how they have been portraying the Phoenix Force as evil when it's the P5 that are the ones getting corrupt and carried away with its power. Hopefully, Jean is really Hope and the Phoenix restores her memories so we can have her back and have Cyclops go, maybe with a noble sacrifice. If anyone deserves to die or go into limbo for a change, it him. Have Emma go teach at the school or become a nun(?!). Make Namor go to court and/or jail for his crimes. Let Colossus find himself again and have someone instruct Magik in white magic because she really been straying to the dark side since her resurrection. Let Storm lead the X-men, just as she has been doing with her book and carry on the dream. Her council can consist of Jean/Hope, Cable, Psylocke, Magneto and Colossus. Give the school back to Professor X and the new mutants. Have X-force become legal team of paramilitary members, so they can stop being vigilantes and work on the right side of the law. Let X-Factor continue its cute little business but give them more of mission statement that serves their community better.

But what fear is the continued mishandling of the X-books. With "All New X-men" I already dread how that book will do or be anygood. I don't know why they have to bring the original 5 back again and destroy any integrity they had as the classic team. How can they not ruin the timeline now. Also do we need another cyclops, iceman, beast and angel. Jean is only one who deserve to be back but not as her teenage self. This will also let these same old characters get all the attention which should really be given to the new generation of X-men. Those kids have been so wasted and underused, in favor of the Gen Hope kids and the special class in WATXM. With Uncanny, Legacy, New Mutants, and who knows which other book ending, there will be a huge displacement of characters. There better be new books and teams to showcases the different X-men. The last decade was so bad and depressing for the X-men. And each event has been unproductive and superficial. What was the real point of Regenesis if we still are waiting for a new era for the X-men.

When AVX is over with the X-men need to go back to striving for peaceful coexistence and reuniting the teams as a family of misfits and outcasts. With Uncanny Avengers happening and taking over the flagship book status I am curious to see how much that team will bridge the Marvel Universe and incorporate the best characters on both sides. I just hope it does more for mutant public relations and allows for certain X-characters to get a bigger spotlight. I am worried though at what cost.

#2 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you edit the title of the thread. Because i meant; "What Do You Hope and/or Fear for the X-men with Marvel NOW!"

Oops.

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

What I hope/fear for the X-Men with Marvel NOW!:
 
Hope:
1. I hope that the X-Men who were affected by the Phoenix Force don't go into comic book limbo for years because there's so many stories that could be done on them after the events of AvX.
2. I hope that the X-Men get back together again because I never liked the idea about them splitting up in the first place.
3. I hope that the writing for the X-Men books get better because over the years, the writing was sort of staggering.
 
Fear:
1. I hope that the stories are not written terribly again.
2. I fear that Marvel might do more events that would interrupt the flow of the stories.
3. I fear that my favorite characters are going into comic book limbo without proper character development.
4. I fear that the Avengers might take over the X-Men books (I have nothing against the Avengers and it's possible this might never happen, but with the way that the Avengers are getting more successful, it's something I fear)

#4 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope:

1. Unless It's BRILLIANT (but who am I kidding), All New X-Men by Bendis gets cancelled and they bring back UXM (especially when I'm enjoying of all times)

2. Writing gets better, Legacy has slumped over AvX, New Mutants is getting boring, Astonishing is meh, Wolvie is not AS funny over AvX. The only titles I can really trust is X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force. In Peter David and Remender We Trust.

3. They downsize their books or at least TRY and make their books more interesting.

4. Give time + space (or at least a story arc every now and then) for other characters, which is pretty much more than half the mutant population.

Fear:

1. Someone screwing up the X-Men after Austen, Fraction, and mid 90s Claremont (I COMPLETELY respect his work from 75 to early 90s, but the stories get really confusing...)

2. They make the Avengers seem like they've won morally won after AvX, because IMO no one has actually won.

3. They dump even more X-Men characters in the Avengers (I already questioned Storm joining)

4. They kill off a lot of my favourite characters, namely: Iceman, Cypher, Chamber, anyone who has been part of the New Mutants.

Expectations:

1. John Romita Jr. doesn't draw do the art for ANY X-Men book.

#5 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope: That mutants will be hated and feared again.

Fear: The current versions of the O5 X-Men will be overshadowed by their time-travelling Bendis counterparts.

#6 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Im actually loving both Legacy (since it started focusing on rouge) and Astonishing now that Liu took over. Im bummed both of these titles are going to be cut

So my fear is that nothing is going to be created interesting enough to fill the void of these two books.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher said:

Im actually loving both Legacy (since it started focusing on rouge) and Astonishing now that Liu took over. Im bummed both of these titles are going to be cut

So my fear is that nothing is going to be created interesting enough to fill the void of these two books.

Legacy's getting relaunched with a new #1 but Rogue won't be the focus (about time, sugah'). Where did you get that Astonishing will be cut ? I mean, i know that Liu has only written up to #55, but there haven't exactly been any solid confirmations...

#8 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/nine-titles-end-in-october-as-marvel-now-begins/

I thought astonishing was on there too, but I didnt see it the second time I read it.

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope:Mutants become somewhat more respected in the community.

Fear:cyclops may get away with it.

#10 Posted by poisonfleur (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopes

1. Character like Storm, Psylcoke, Sage, Jean and Xavier become more relevant in stories and have more important roles.

2. Make Magneto and Storm the power houses they used to be back in the day.

3. Give Rogue a better costume.

4. Remove Namor & Hope from the X-men.

5. Re-power a few more mutants.

6. Hard hitting aftermath with great development in the characters.

7. Stronger and better writing. Lately it's been very hit or miss.

8. A story that goes a certain direction with a steady plot that is not constantly being interpreted by events.

9. More Astral Plane adventures.

10. More defined rivals/ arch-nemesis' for Storm, Colossus, Emma, Psylocke and Dazzler.

Fears

1. Stop power thrusting the Avengers into everything X-men oriented. Uncanny Avengers.... :/

2. GotG will get popular and take spotlight. ....... (I really am not interested in them)

3. The X-men will continue to look like 2nd best compared to the Avengers....

4. Certain over-used characters that are in tons of stories will rob other characters of development and stories.

5. Avengers and X-men becoming Marvel's Justice League.

6. Jean not coming back for more years.

7. Characters will be messed over and written wrong for the sake of the plot.

8. A focus on the outer space side of Marvel

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

Hopes

1. Character like Storm, Psylcoke, Sage, Jean and Xavier become more relevant in stories and have more important roles.

2. Make Magneto and Storm the power houses they used to be back in the day.

3. Give Rogue a better costume.

4. Remove Namor & Hope from the X-men.

5. Re-power a few more mutants.

6. Hard hitting aftermath with great development in the characters.

7. Stronger and better writing. Lately it's been very hit or miss.

8. A story that goes a certain direction with a steady plot that is not constantly being interpreted by events.

9. More Astral Plane adventures.

10. More defined rivals/ arch-nemesis' for Storm, Colossus, Emma, Psylocke and Dazzler.

Fears

1. Stop power thrusting the Avengers into everything X-men oriented. Uncanny Avengers.... :/

2. GotG will get popular and take spotlight. ....... (I really am not interested in them)

3. The X-men will continue to look like 2nd best compared to the Avengers....

4. Certain over-used characters that are in tons of stories will rob other characters of development and stories.

5. Avengers and X-men becoming Marvel's Justice League.

6. Jean not coming back for more years.

7. Characters will be messed over and written wrong for the sake of the plot.

8. A focus on the outer space side of Marvel

I agree with all of these points, especially about giving more defined rivals for Storm, Colossus, Psylocke and Dazzler.
#12 Posted by zexion_armando (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I fear we will get more Wolverine... I wish some higher up would have the guts to just kill off Wolverine, and make it a contract obligation to never use him for a decade.

#13 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@zexion_armando: I would love to see Wolverine disappear for a while. He needs to give us all a break. His over saturation is one biggest problems i have with Marvel. I hate every character that they use as cash cows. They don't allow other characters to shine in their shadows.

#14 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Hopes

1. Character like Storm, Psylcoke, Sage, Jean and Xavier become more relevant in stories and have more important roles.


5. Re-power a few more mutants.


9. More Astral Plane adventures.

Fears

4. Certain over-used characters that are in tons of stories will rob other characters of development and stories.

Love these ideas. Especially love #9.

Can you imagine how artistic, fantastic and surreal stories set in the astral plane would be if the writers real went THERE. I feel there are so many wasted opportunities for stories and art when the plots are so superficial and generic. Psychic powers are so fascinating and complex. Storm's control of the weather is so vast, as is Magma's control of the earth itself. Or how certain powers can exist like Legion's or Darwin's. And even though i hate time travel, i find that writers never explore Magik's power to travel through time like she did on occasion in the original New Mutants. So many wasted opportunities.

#15 Posted by poisonfleur (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Thank you :3

@zexion_armando said:

I fear we will get more Wolverine... I wish some higher up would have the guts to just kill off Wolverine, and make it a contract obligation to never use him for a decade.

HAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHA!! That would be great-- Have him pull a Jean Grey!! XD

@Silver_Raven: I totally agree! I love your take. I also felt the entire time Storm was in Wakanda was a total waste. SOOO many great Adventures could have happened in Africa! That would have been Beautiful, Thrilling, and Original. And the Astral plane is a fascinating concept in real life-- and should be even better in comics! I want to see Psylocke, Emma, Dr.Strange, and Jean have some Astral plane Adventures. Have some very abstract and cutting edge new stories. I also hate time travel-- and don't like the idea of the original x-men coming to present day Marvel.. :/

That's kinda whack..

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33617 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver_Raven: Legacy isn't ending 
Online
#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33617 posts) - - Show Bio
@LadyLigeia: The Runaways?
Online
#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33617 posts) - - Show Bio
@LadyLigeia said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: These guys. Awesome series put on hold back in November 2009. Unless you meant they aren't really X-Men (which is true). :)

Yea I was just wondering why you put them with the X-Men, I thought only one of the team was a mutant 
Online
#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@LadyLigeia said:

Hopes: They will bring back characters along the lines of the X-Academy and older villains as well (Arcade, COV along those lines). I want more X-Stories about the other X-Men (Echo, Dust, Jubilee, Dazzler, the Runaways etc) and I want the popular X-Men interacting more with these other X-Men and not just with themselves. I don't mind the "Lights" but considering I have a hard time with the whole M Day idea, I would rather they just come into the fold and have their characters develop outside of Hope the Messiah.

Fears: That the above will not happen and even worse, see the X-Men overtaken by a huge push Avengers-wise because Disney is applying its film marketing ideas. Which is more likely.

I don't want a re-vamp.

(Can you feel me sulking?)

I agree with this. Especially with the whole Avengers thing going on because what would become of the X-Men if the Avengers get too big?
#20 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope. No more event's.

Fear. More and bigger event's.

Marvel need's to cool the event's and focus on story and character's.

#21 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crimsonlord53 said:

Hope. No more event's.

Fear. More and bigger event's.

Marvel need's to cool the event's and focus on story and character's.

I agree with all of this! Marvel's issue is that they are making too many events and it's ruining all of the stories they have.  If Marvel just quit doing these events, then the stories might get a bit better.
#22 Posted by Dernman (15159 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope 
I hope Magneto goes back to the villain he is meant to be. 
Cain Marko comes back for an arc in a bid to take back the Juggernaut powers from Colossus and succeeds. 
I hope the X-Community spits up. I don't like the one nation thing. 
I hope Wolverine leaves the school and Prof X takes his place. 
I hope they acknowledge that they were idiots for thinking the Phoenix had anything but it's own agenda or that they could work with it.    
That mutants will be hated and feared again.   
No more one ruler for all mutant kind.
I hope for a less of a feel of two Universes an X verse and everything else.

Fear 
Trying to include to many characters into a book 
The same old belief there is a difference between them and other superhumans especially younger generation of "non mutant kids" who were born with powers 
A fear they will continue to look and label the Avengers as dumb anti mutant fascists. 
The continued belief they are not humans just because they have an X gene. 
The continued belief they are the only race that can be considered the next step in evolution 
The return of the x gene and such a boost in population we run into the same problems we had before  
That the original X-Men will be sticking around this time period for a long time.
Fear nothing will come of what Namor did. (even though you could blame the phoenix)
A continued believe they should be the top team in the Marvel U. 
Their and the Avengers involvement in Comic Marvel will ruin Cosmic Marvel 
I fear going back to the time where everything was mutant dominated like the 90's 
This is more of an Avengers fear. I fear Avengers will continue to swallow up all the non x-men books. Where are my New Warriors and other teams? They all don't have to be Avengers.

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
Hope I hope Magneto goes back to the villain he is meant to be. Cain Marko comes back for an arc in a bid to take back the Juggernaut powers from Colossus and succeeds. I hope the X-Community spits up. I don't like the one nation thing. I hope Wolverine leaves the school and Prof X takes his place.  I hope they acknowledge that they were idiots for thinking the Phoenix had anything but it's own agenda or that they could work with it.     That mutants will be hated and feared again.   No more one ruler for all mutant kind.I hope for a less of a feel of two Universes an X verse and everything else.Fear Trying to include to many characters into a book The same old belief there is a difference between them and other superhumans especially younger generation of "non mutant kids" who were born with powers A fear they will continue to look and label the Avengers as dumb anti mutant fascists. The continued belief they are not humans just because they have an X gene. The continued belief they are the only race that can be considered the next step in evolution The return of the x gene and such a boost in population we run into the same problems we had before  That the original X-Men will be sticking around this time period for a long time.Fear nothing will come of what Namor did. (even though you could blame the phoenix)A continued believe they should be the top team in the Marvel U. Their and the Avengers involvement in Comic Marvel will ruin Cosmic Marvel I fear going back to the time where everything was mutant dominated like the 90's This is more of an Avengers fear. I fear Avengers will continue to swallow up all the non x-men books. Where are my New Warriors and other teams? They all don't have to be Avengers.
I agree all of this, especially the whole idea about the Avengers overtaking the books.
#24 Posted by Rickbarry (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, from what I've seen every X-men title is getting the axe with the exceptions of WATX and possibly adjectiveless X-men. X-men Legacy coming back might be decent, but there will only be 2-3 titles whereas Avengers will have over a half dozen. Hopefully we get to see another X-title or two to be announced in the coming weeks. Magneto needs to lead a Dark X-men type team.

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

Well, from what I've seen every X-men title is getting the axe with the exceptions of WATX and possibly adjectiveless X-men. X-men Legacy coming back might be decent, but there will only be 2-3 titles whereas Avengers will have over a half dozen. Hopefully we get to see another X-title or two to be announced in the coming weeks. Magneto needs to lead a Dark X-men type team.

That's what scares me. It seems like every X-Men book is getting cancelled and being replaced by Avengers titles. So what would happen to the X-Men in the future, I'm not sure, but it's not looking good.
#26 Posted by Rickbarry (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: I don't particularly understand why they're getting rid of some of the X-men titles. They consistently outperformed their avenger counterparts. -Shrugs- Gimme Magneto, Petey, Illyana and other various characters in an X-men spinoff....do it now, Marvel.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I don't particularly understand why they're getting rid of some of the X-men titles. They consistently outperformed their avenger counterparts. -Shrugs- Gimme Magneto, Petey, Illyana and other various characters in an X-men spinoff....do it now, Marvel.

I don't get this either. I mean, the X-Men have been outselling the Avengers for many years now, so why would Marvel throw the X-Men to the side like this?  I hope more spin off books are made of the X-Men. I would definitely love a series where Colossus becomes a vigilante.
#28 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@zexion_armando said:

I fear we will get more Wolverine... I wish some higher up would have the guts to just kill off Wolverine, and make it a contract obligation to never use him for a decade.

They did kill off wolverine...in Ultimatum.

#29 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

HOPE: None

FEAR: It is already coming true.

#30 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

HOPE: None

FEAR: It is already coming true.

^This^

#31 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope for a complete reboot. Since I know that ain't gonna happen then I hope that the extinction team becomes the new hellfire club, but still upholds their values.

I fear I may never buy another X-men title except X-Factor, and Legacy(if it's good)

I also fear that the misogynist BMB is gonna ruin the original 5 X-Men.

#32 Posted by fullmetalquach (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope-

Scott dies, Colossus, Magik, and Namor live, and either can happen to Emma depending on how well written it is, maybe scott and her kill each other or she kills scott and they show how she deals with it in the aftermath of AvX along with no longer having great cosmic power

Hope Summers dies or goes back to the future or something, not a big fan of her

Less x-books and less wolverine

More Scarlet Witch

Its hard to see how theyll bring back the original 5 teenage x-men and have some of their older selves be alive at the same time, but it would be interesting and i just hope that the interactions between the two are good and that you can see how maybe their ideals and opinions changed or stayed the same over the years

Fear-

really crappy Jean Grey stories involving even more Phoenix Force stuff, i hope they dont bring back the PF for a while cuz that just shows that they really are running out of ideas if they have another Jean Grey/Phoenix arc

too much space travel

i have a lot of faith and hope in the writers so i cant really think of too many fears, im really excited and open to Marvel NOW!

#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalquach said:

Hope-

Scott dies, Colossus, Magik, and Namor live, and either can happen to Emma depending on how well written it is, maybe scott and her kill each other or she kills scott and they show how she deals with it in the aftermath of AvX along with no longer having great cosmic power

Hope Summers dies or goes back to the future or something, not a big fan of her

Less x-books and less wolverine

More Scarlet Witch

Its hard to see how theyll bring back the original 5 teenage x-men and have some of their older selves be alive at the same time, but it would be interesting and i just hope that the interactions between the two are good and that you can see how maybe their ideals and opinions changed or stayed the same over the years

I would like to have less X-Men books too so that way, we would be able to keep up with the stories involving the X-men. There's so many books about the X-Men that's it's harder to keep up with the stories that involves them.

#34 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: They need all of these X-books not only for the money, but characters need to shine. Where would Pixie be if she wasn't in X-Men?

What about all the New Mutants if they didn't have their own title. We need all the X-books we can get as long as they don't push the 8 book limit. What we should be asking for is more variety on the teams.

#35 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelGrey said:

@Rabbitearsblog: They need all of these X-books not only for the money, but characters need to shine. Where would Pixie be if she wasn't in X-Men?

What about all the New Mutants if they didn't have their own title. We need all the X-books we can get as long as they don't push the 8 book limit. What we should be asking for is more variety on the teams.

I agree there be a limit but we also need dfferent books for different characters. There are so many X-characters that have been ignored or under utilized they need these fringe books to shine in.

Books like All New X-men and X-treme X-men are just recycling the same popular characters but presenting them in whole new packaging while over looking newer ones. We don't need another version of Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, and Wolverine or Emma. Even Nightcrawler has two versions of his dead self in two different books.

Even though I don't like the Gen-Hope kids, i still feel they could have filled in for the original 5, since they were inspired by them. And why can't the X-treme X-men be about new X-men or try to take the same characters to the "Extreme" like a female Wolverine or a black Angel or the child of Colossus and Shadowcat. None of the ideas are really radical anymore. And even their clothes/uniforms and hair styles don't seem to change. It's always the same old - same old.

#36 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear:

  • Bendis
  • Ridiculous All New X-Men title
  • Cancellation/Removal of Remender on Uncanny X-Force
  • Cancellation or replacement of Wood and Lopez on X-Men. The title has FINALLY hit found a place and hit it's stride.
#37 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope: Little to none. Dear god just let Cyclops and the Rasputins live through this.

Black Panther Kills Namor. This would be amazing.

Fear: This whole thing will end in a "neener neener, Wolverine has been right ever since Schism" and a big metaphorical middle-finger in Cyclops' face. Wolverine becomes bigger than ever, and appears in every single GD book Marvel releases.

#38 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@allthatsgeek said:

Hope: Little to none. Dear god just let Cyclops and the Rasputins live through this.

Black Panther Kills Namor. This would be amazing.

Fear: This whole thing will end in a "neener neener, Wolverine has been right ever since Schism" and a big metaphorical middle-finger in Cyclops' face. Wolverine becomes bigger than ever, and appears in every single GD book Marvel releases.

Please let the Rasputins live through this. They really need a title to shine in after this event is over with.
#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

Fear:

  • Bendis
  • Ridiculous All New X-Men title
  • Cancellation/Removal of Remender on Uncanny X-Force
  • Cancellation or replacement of Wood and Lopez on X-Men. The title has FINALLY hit found a place and hit it's stride.

PREACH!

#40 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

But, don't fret because Bendis is giving us...

@MarvelGrey said:

@Rabbitearsblog: They need all of these X-books not only for the money, but characters need to shine. Where would Pixie be if she wasn't in X-Men?

What about all the New Mutants if they didn't have their own title. We need all the X-books we can get as long as they don't push the 8 book limit. What we should be asking for is more variety on the teams.

THIS!!!^^^^ Count them! TWO Hank McCoys, TWO Bobby Drakes, and the cast from WatXM!!!

Feh...! I'm don, seriously. I'm just slugging it through AvX then after that I'm taking a much-needed breather from Marvel comics.

#41 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Hope
I hope Magneto goes back to the villain he is meant to be.
Cain Marko comes back for an arc in a bid to take back the Juggernaut powers from Colossus and succeeds.
I hope the X-Community spits up. I don't like the one nation thing.
I hope Wolverine leaves the school and Prof X takes his place.
I hope they acknowledge that they were idiots for thinking the Phoenix had anything but it's own agenda or that they could work with it.
That mutants will be hated and feared again.
No more one ruler for all mutant kind.
I hope for a less of a feel of two Universes an X verse and everything else.

Fear
Trying to include to many characters into a book
The same old belief there is a difference between them and other superhumans especially younger generation of "non mutant kids" who were born with powers
A fear they will continue to look and label the Avengers as dumb anti mutant fascists.
The continued belief they are not humans just because they have an X gene.
The continued belief they are the only race that can be considered the next step in evolution
The return of the x gene and such a boost in population we run into the same problems we had before
That the original X-Men will be sticking around this time period for a long time.
Fear nothing will come of what Namor did. (even though you could blame the phoenix)A continued believe they should be the top team in the Marvel U. Their and the Avengers involvement in Comic Marvel will ruin Cosmic Marvel I fear going back to the time where everything was mutant dominated like the 90's This is more of an Avengers fear. I fear Avengers will continue to swallow up all the non x-men books. Where are my New Warriors and other teams? They all don't have to be Avengers.

I gotta admit I agree with all of this

#42 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

But, don't fret because Bendis is giving us...

@MarvelGrey said:

@Rabbitearsblog: They need all of these X-books not only for the money, but characters need to shine. Where would Pixie be if she wasn't in X-Men?

What about all the New Mutants if they didn't have their own title. We need all the X-books we can get as long as they don't push the 8 book limit. What we should be asking for is more variety on the teams.

THIS!!!^^^^ Count them! TWO Hank McCoys, TWO Bobby Drakes, and the cast from WatXM!!!

Feh...! I'm don, seriously. I'm just slugging it through AvX then after that I'm taking a much-needed breather from Marvel comics.

Me too. It's going to be indie comics for me for awhile after this.

#43 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I want more schisms with the mutant community after AvX. Let the X-men do their thing, let X-force do their thing, let X-factor do their thing and the new mutants do their thing, with a book to go along with it, maybe that will be Legacy.

I wonder though if there is will be a book for the outsiders of the mutant community. Where is Magneto going to be after all this. And Psylocke. And Cable is still taking a nap somewhere. Maybe they can create a team of their own with some younger X-men and stay on the West Coast.

#44 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@One_Eye said:

But, don't fret because Bendis is giving us...

@MarvelGrey said:

@Rabbitearsblog: They need all of these X-books not only for the money, but characters need to shine. Where would Pixie be if she wasn't in X-Men?

What about all the New Mutants if they didn't have their own title. We need all the X-books we can get as long as they don't push the 8 book limit. What we should be asking for is more variety on the teams.

THIS!!!^^^^ Count them! TWO Hank McCoys, TWO Bobby Drakes, and the cast from WatXM!!!

Feh...! I'm don, seriously. I'm just slugging it through AvX then after that I'm taking a much-needed breather from Marvel comics.

Me too. It's going to be indie comics for me for awhile after this.

I'm adding more indie titles to the current 6 indie's i have now. Just keeping X-Factor and i'm gonna test the waters with Legacy. The worst part about this whole thing is that this is another series that the O5 gets how many is that for them now. The 60's version, Hidden years, first class (not the movie). I'm sure i'm missing some but this whole status quo better change by the time their anniversary comes around which is when i might be back to buy more books.

#45 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelGrey said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@One_Eye said:

But, don't fret because Bendis is giving us...

@MarvelGrey said:

@Rabbitearsblog: They need all of these X-books not only for the money, but characters need to shine. Where would Pixie be if she wasn't in X-Men?

What about all the New Mutants if they didn't have their own title. We need all the X-books we can get as long as they don't push the 8 book limit. What we should be asking for is more variety on the teams.

THIS!!!^^^^ Count them! TWO Hank McCoys, TWO Bobby Drakes, and the cast from WatXM!!!

Feh...! I'm don, seriously. I'm just slugging it through AvX then after that I'm taking a much-needed breather from Marvel comics.

Me too. It's going to be indie comics for me for awhile after this.

I'm adding more indie titles to the current 6 indie's i have now. Just keeping X-Factor and i'm gonna test the waters with Legacy. The worst part about this whole thing is that this is another series that the O5 gets how many is that for them now. The 60's version, Hidden years, first class (not the movie). I'm sure i'm missing some but this whole status quo better change by the time their anniversary comes around which is when i might be back to buy more books.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the First Class series. At least with indie comics, I don't have to worry about odd changes to the characters unless they developed it so.
#46 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: One of the best things, and the numbering isn't completely out of whack which is the best thing. However some titles are an arm and a leg to afford in back issues.

#47 Posted by slimlim (264 posts) - - Show Bio

HOPE:

Marvel cuts down the number of X titles.

The remaining O5 put their differences behind them (esp Summers & McCoy)

Mutants are still feared and loathed even though they are incorporated into the Avengers

More Magneto! Since joining Utopia he's played mostly supporting roles and hasnt been utilized to his full potential

FEAR:

Cyclops dies. Especially after Whedon's work on the character.

Remender leaves UXF to focus on Uncanny Avengers (which will probably happen...)

The time travelling O5 are incorporated with the current line up.

#48 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimlim said:

HOPE:

Marvel cuts down the number of X titles.

The remaining O5 put their differences behind them (esp Summers & McCoy)

Mutants are still feared and loathed even though they are incorporated into the Avengers

More Magneto! Since joining Utopia he's played mostly supporting roles and hasnt been utilized to his full potential

FEAR:

Cyclops dies. Especially after Whedon's work on the character.

Remender leaves UXF to focus on Uncanny Avengers (which will probably happen...)

The time travelling O5 are incorporated with the current line up.

I never liked the idea about having alternative versions of the characters in the 616 universe because that would make things more complicated story wise and it sometimes makes me wonder about why even bring back that person in the first place if they are not going to use the real person in these stories?
#49 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

its bendis it will be s!$%

lets have look at bendisis crap avengers disassembled only saved my David finch

his latest run avengers makes me cry

#50 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

its bendis it will be s!$%

lets have look at bendisis crap avengers disassembled only saved my David finch

his latest run avengers makes me cry

I read that yesterday, and suprisingly...i very much enjoyed it.

LOL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.