What couple should reunite

Posted by time (4970 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: What couple should reunite (109 votes)

Rogue & Gambit 18%
Kitty & Colossus 15%
Psylocke & Archangel 3%
Jean & Scott 15%
Emma & Scott 21%
Cable & Domino 2%
Hellion & X-23 4%
Storm & Black Panther 7%
Dazzler and Longshot 3%
Cannonball & Boom Boom 6%
Other 6%
#151 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@oldnightcrawler said:
@teerack said:

Not really the same but I'd love to see Kitty Pryde and Peter Parker date in 616. I loved them in the ultimate universe.

y'know, I think I'd like that too; they'd probably be a pretty fun match.

The only thing with that one would be the logistics of them almost never being in the same book. It does sound fun, though.

Well if I was writing Spider-Man and I wanted to have them date I would simply have Doc Ock get Peter fired before he get's his body back. Then Wolverine could higher Peter to teach at the Jean Grey School, because Wolverine would probably be one of the few people to know what was happening to Peter during the superior junk. It also makes a lot of sense for Peter to teach there. He was a teenager that needed to deal with getting super powers just like the young mutants, and he also has a teaching degree and used to teach high school.

I would buy the sh*t out of that book. So long as I also get a Nate Grey/Spidey reunion as well.

616 this, Marvel!!!

#152 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

Exactly. Storm is a free spirited, passionate, headstrong character, why would she marry someone who really doesn't have those qualities (and I'm not dogging on Black Panther here).

oh, me neither; I love both of these characters. I just think their relationship was pretty contrived.

They're better off without each other....

Here's hoping for a Storm and Forge reunion!!

#153 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

That I could go either way with. It just seems like so long ago now that it would seem like a just because kinda thing.

I loved it at the time, and after, but at this point I'd rather see her move on.

#154 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty and Colossus is more classic and old school than anything listed! Not a single relationship listed on the poll, has existed as long.

#155 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

That I could go either way with. It just seems like so long ago now that it would seem like a just because kinda thing.

I loved it at the time, and after, but at this point I'd rather see her move on.

He asked her to marry him... they were pretty serious, not like a random relationship that lasted a little while.

#156 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: And Jean Grey ruined it. Forge was the only man to ever truly love and understand Ororo--her best friend--for her flaws and qualities, and she went and ruined it!

But then Jean also received her just deserts, in the form of Emma Frost and the Ages of Apocalypse.

#157 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: And Jean Grey ruined it. Forge was the only man to ever truly love and understand Ororo--her best friend--for her flaws and qualities, and she went and ruined it!

But then Jean also received her just deserts, in the form of Emma Frost and the Ages of Apocalypse.

What are you referring to!?

#158 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

He asked her to marry him... they were pretty serious, not like a random relationship that lasted a little while.

I know. I just think too much time has passed at this point for it not to be a little contrived.

#159 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I know. I just think too much time has passed at this point for it not to be a little contrived.

It would only be "contrived" if it were planned from the beginning of when Storm and Black Panther got their marriage annulled.

#160 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
#161 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: I dunno, maybe. It still just sounds like one of those because everyone thought it should happen kinda things. I do like them together, but I think it would be hard to have it feel organic at this point.

#162 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: I dunno, maybe. It still just sounds like one of those because everyone thought it should happen kinda things. I do like them together, but I think it would be hard to have it feel organic at this point.

Well we, as fans, need some closure on the relationship at least... he asked her to marry him, she paused, and he blatantly misread the pause and walked off, when she was going to say "yes"... that's a pretty deep relationship not to dig up again!

#163 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

Well we, as fans, need some closure on the relationship at least... he asked her to marry him, she paused, and he blatantly misread the pause and walked off, when she was going to say "yes"... that's a pretty deep relationship not to dig up again!

and that was, what? more than twenty years ago?

even if that's only seven years of X-men time, it's still long past sailed.

#164 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

and that was, what? more than twenty years ago?

Apparently you haven't had a long standing relationship, watched a truly romantic movie, or read a devastating love story.

#165 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

Apparently you haven't had a long standing relationship, watched a truly romantic movie, or read a devastating love story.

sure I have. I've done all of those things.

#166 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the best!

#167 Edited by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

sure I have. I've done all of those things.

Then u should understand why deep relationships, like that of Storm and Forge's, would last even after it's all been said and done (and in this case, all hasn't been said and done).

#168 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Isnt fantastic? Marvel invented a brand spanking new way to masturbate (or so I'm told). Yes and that will be Fantomex's legacy. Who created him again? I forget...

@avenger85: It will happen. I'm not sure why I'm having to come out and say this but since when does Marvel or Disney care what we think nor want? Jean and Scott will be big short term sales. And that my friend is what they are all about.

#169 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed reminders unccany so I wouldn't mind if betsy and warren got back togethor

#171 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Scott or Kitty and Colossus.

#172 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

How about getting Rahne and Dani back together.

Not necessarily as a romantic couple (though Claremont dropped some non-to-subtle hints in that direction) but just as friends on the same team. I loved their dynamic in the classic New Mutants series and have been wanting them to get back together for awhile now.

My second would be Wolverine and Mystique.

No, I don't really want Mystique to join the X-Men (though I wouldn't say no to having her on an X-force style team). But I'd really love her to take on a sort of flirty-rivalry with Logan. Pretty much Catwoman to his Batman, with plenty sexual tension, naughty innuendo, and some genuine feelings hidden underneath it all.

I've always liked Mystique best when she's bad, but not really full-on evil.

#173 Posted by Darksider555 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma said:

Just wondering what was so bad about the Storm and Panther relationship? I thought it was okay I was not really interested in it though.

well in my opinion the had potential althought unexplored,took storm out of the X-men universe and dint really develop their marrige.

#174 Posted by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis:

TBH I have to disagree on Jean-Scott generating good short term sales. Since New X-Men, most of the fans ( I think the majority) have believed Emma to be the better partner for Scott, at least in my honest opinion and according to what i've read/seen on the internet.

I think a renewal of the Emma-Scott relationship would generate more short-term sales with the current generation of X-book readers. Of course, old-school fans like you & I would love to see the return of Scott-Jean, but I think the new fans outnumber us these days haha.

#175 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos said:

@avenger85 said:

@aero_gt said:

Scott and Jean are over, unless you mean Young Scott and Young Jean which could work out in some alternate timeline... Scott and Emma for me, since both of them complete eachother and look good together. No one in their past can bring the interesting dynamic. Also, I can't support Magik and Scott because it's basically Phoenix tomfollery except qith demons and dark magic in lew of cosmic chickens and Magik is just too young, (qnd Bendis believes she is a 9 year old girl in an older teen body.)

Gotta disagree with you there man. Scott & Jean FTW !

i want scott and jean together to but in anxm 11 even jean told kitty that she thought scott and her would always be together and she knows that they broke up

Eh, I dont think Jean said this to Kitty in her conversation. The only thing she said relating to Scott was about Mystique trying to get in his head, or something like that.

here it is:

#176 Posted by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos:

Actually Jean's talking about the O5. She didn't expect the O5 as a team to break up. And now it is breaking up after the events of the issue. That's what she's trying to convey.

#177 Posted by Polarity (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly the most cathartic comic relationship of all-time.

#178 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Not sure where you're heading Avenger. One thread you give one feel then different thread I get another. But I agree it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

#179 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Emma may have been the better partner for Scott, but Scott currently isn't the better partner for Emma.

#180 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Isnt fantastic? Marvel invented a brand spanking new way to masturbate (or so I'm told). Yes and that will be Fantomex's legacy. Who created him again? I forget...

Funny.

Not necessarily as a romantic couple (though Claremont dropped some non-to-subtle hints in that direction) but just as friends on the same team. I loved their dynamic in the classic New Mutants series and have been wanting them to get back together for awhile now.

My second would be Wolverine and Mystique.

No, I don't really want Mystique to join the X-Men (though I wouldn't say no to having her on an X-force style team). But I'd really love her to take on a sort of flirty-rivalry with Logan. Pretty much Catwoman to his Batman, with plenty sexual tension, naughty innuendo, and some genuine feelings hidden underneath it all.

I've always liked Mystique best when she's bad, but not really full-on evil.

And I'd like to see Dani and Rahne's psychic bond back too!

Here's hoping that Rahne joins up with Dani in Fearless Defenders as one of the Valkyior... g-d knows she has enough ties to Asgard.

#181 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

haha! no you didn't..

@thecowman said:

And I'd like to see Dani and Rahne's psychic bond back too!

Yeah, see I know that they tried to make sense of it with Moonstars powers, but I think a big reason contemporary writers have ignored that bond was that it sort of propagates the racial stereotype that Native Americans are somehow closer to nature (ie, being able to talk to animals) than everyone else. It plays into the whole "Nobel Savage" stereotype that I think most people would (understandably) like to avoid.

I mean, I just love both of those characters, so I thought it was pretty cool too, but hardly worth being culturally insensitive about.

#182 Edited by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#183 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio
#184 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, see I know that they tried to make sense of it with Moonstars powers, but I think a big reason contemporary writers have ignored that bond was that it sort of propagates the racial stereotype that Native Americans are somehow closer to nature (ie, being able to talk to animals) than everyone else. It plays into the whole "Nobel Savage" stereotype that I think most people would (understandably) like to avoid.

I mean, I just love both of those characters, so I thought it was pretty cool too, but hardly worth being culturally insensitive about.

I suppose you could view it that way, but considering it was specifically stated that her bond with animals was a mutant ability and other native american heroes ala Thunderbird and Warpath haven't been given similar powers; I don't think it's culturally insensitive at all unless you choose to view it that way.

I'd argue that hero names like Warpath and Black Lightening are more insensitive than an ability to talk to animals. Heck, at least Dani's hero-name was "Vision Quest" or something like that.

#185 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

I suppose you could view it that way, but considering it was specifically stated that her bond with animals was a mutant ability and other native american heroes ala Thunderbird and Warpath haven't been given similar powers; I don't think it's culturally insensitive at all unless you choose to view it that way.

I'd argue that hero names like Warpath and Black Lightening are more insensitive than an ability to talk to animals. Heck, at least Dani's hero-name was "Vision Quest" or something like that.

I think you're right, but still. If it's propagating a negative stereotype at all, I'd rather they just didn't bother.

#186 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Reunite:

• Ideally, Hellion and (a re-powered) Sophia, but given everything that's happened to Hellion since M-Day and that she's been pretty much non-existent in Marvel for the last five years, it wouldn't work. I'd take Hellion and X-23. Or Hellion and any number of beautiful X-Women (not Dust/Mercury, though!).
  • Loa and Elixir
  • Cannonball and Dani

Get together for the first time:

• Gambit and Polaris
  • Gambit and Domino
  • Hellion and Armor/Psylocke/Monet
  • Elixir and Psylocke
  • Rogue and Havok

Not reunite:

• Havok and Polaris (Yeah...)
  • Magneto and Rogue
  • Gambit and Rogue
  • Colossus and Kitty
  • Angel and Husk
  • Havok and Annie Ghazikhanian
#187 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Jean have too much of a history to not get back together.

#188 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

Get together for the first time:

• Gambit and Domino
  • Hellion and Armor
  • Elixir and Psylocke
  • Rogue and Havok

I think any of these could be interesting, but Hellion and Armor is the one that I think interests me the most.

Not reunite:

• Havok and Polaris (Yeah...)
  • Magneto and Rogue
  • Gambit and Rogue
  • Colossus and Kitty
  • Angel and Husk
  • Havok and Annie Ghazikhanian

All of these I totally agree with, too. Colossus and Kitty I probably wouldn't mind, eventually, but I'm not interested in seeing any of these others together ever again, really.

#189 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecowman said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I think you're right, but still. If it's propagating a negative stereotype at all, I'd rather they just didn't bother.

I agree with both of you... but it depends on the reader and how they view the bond. I personally never viewed Dani and Rahne's relationship like that but I do see where your concern is oldnightcrawler!

#190 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

I agree with both of you... but it depends on the reader and how they view the bond. I personally never viewed Dani and Rahne's relationship like that but I do see where your concern is oldnightcrawler!

See, I always liked it, too. And I still think it's pretty cool, in and of itself. But then, I was never a Native kid growing up in a culture that propagates that stereotype. It's a bit like how I've never been offended with Little Black Sambo or how Black people are portrayed in Dragon Ball, but I still get how it is offensive.

#191 Edited by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis:

Well I got some bad news for the Scott-Jean fans out there :(

The cover of ANXM 15 :

Beast-Jean ! Yep, the turd is hitting the fan for young Cyke. I'd bet he'd wanna go back and get the O5 mindwiped by Xavier now haha. Abandon all hope, ye who still ship Scott-Jean !

#192 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Or....maybe O5 Scott embraces his inner badass and just optic blasts O5 Beast. You know....for all the crap his future self does like screwing with the laws of time and space, and being a hypocrite. Maybe Hank trying to steal Jean is the last straw.

#193 Edited by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: Would be hilarious if we get a twisted version of this moment from X-Factor :

With BEAST getting his Hypocrite-ass blasted to smithereens instead of Sinister. Havok is already arriving to get under his brother's skin next ANXM issue. So the stage is set for Beast getting annhilated by Cyke :D

Then we can see a younger, more badass Scott go "&#@! this, no more Mr. nice guy boyscout, as THIS is what I get for it. Optic blasting works better than peaceful negotiation". That's when things are gonna become really, really fun.

P.S. We are also going to find out in this issue that Rachel was Beast's daughter all along :D. Nah j/k, I hope not lol.

#194 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@

@thegreyoutcastx: Would be hilarious if we get a twisted version of this moment from X-Factor :

With BEAST getting his Hypocrite-ass blasted to smithereens instead of Sinister. Havok is already arriving to get under his brother's skin next ANXM issue. So the stage is set for Beast getting annhilated by Cyke :D

Then we can see a younger, more badass Scott go "&#@! this, no more Mr. nice guy boyscout, as THIS is what I get for it. Optic blasting works better than peaceful negotiation". That's when things are gonna become really, really fun.

P.S. We are also going to find out in this issue that Rachel was Beast's daughter all along :D. Nah j/k, I hope not lol.

LOL I love the use of the X-Factor scans. Well played.

I'm gonna devil's advocate here: Wouldn't Scooter going crazy just make him like himself in Uncanny? Not saying I don't like the idea, but you know.

DUDE! YOU MUST NEVER JOKE ABOUT THAT AGAIN! NEVER! Not cool bro LMAO! The whole things around who's Rachel's pappy is bad enough cause of Claremont tried to go two different ways (Immaculate Conception and Logan) only to have editorial says she's Scott's.

#195 Posted by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

Yeah lol ok I wont. I believe even you have seen the heated arguments about Rachel on CBR forums lol.

#196 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: I have. I lost faith in humanity's ability to be reasonable when I saw them.

undefined

#197 Edited by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

You gotto love those page-long theories about the similarities of Rachel and Logan, no ? :P

#198 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: You mean that Claremont wanted/implied Rachel to be Logan and Jean's child even after Editorial didn't do anything to make that true, and then Gillen's Uncanny run has Sinister show her as a Summers brat.

NOPE! Claremont trumps all logic simply cause he was Claremont. Gillen and Editorial are just so wrong, right? XP

Rachel. She's a Summers. Deal with it.

#199 Posted by Avenger85 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

Yeah thats exactly what I meant. it's 100% proven and made clear by MARVEL that Rachel Summers is Scott's daughter. Yet people have these long, insanely contrived theories about why she isnt. I just dont get the logic behind that. Marvel made it clear. no secrets left to be revealed here. If they were, it would have been made clear long ago.

#200 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

Yeah thats exactly what I meant. it's 100% proven and made clear by MARVEL that Rachel Summers is Scott's daughter. Yet people have these long, insanely contrived theories about why she isnt. I just dont get the logic behind that. Marvel made it clear. no secrets left to be revealed here. If they were, it would have been made clear long ago.

It's actually simple. They refuse to accept any decision made by Editorial. Claremont's words/plans are law to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.