Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What couple should reunite

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll What couple should reunite (155 votes)

Rogue & Gambit 21%
    Kitty & Colossus 12%
    Psylocke & Archangel 3%
    Jean & Scott 17%
    Emma & Scott 21%
    Cable & Domino 1%
    Hellion & X-23 5%
    Storm & Black Panther 8%
    Dazzler and Longshot 2%
    Cannonball & Boom Boom 5%
    Other 5%
     • 
    Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @veitha said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:

Emma and Scott... they were better together, and if Scott ends with Tempus or Illyana then I'm going to be very, very angry

It's time for Emma and Logan to get together then, I guess ;)

that's my worst nightmare

I would never stop laughing if Emma x Logan happen. It would mean that Marvel truly doesn't care.

I could stop reading Marvel if this happened lol

No Caption Provided

Oh c'mon Veitha. That relationship's got so much potential. Marvel just needs to give it a go. I'm sure you'll start to like it, in time...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted Emma and Cyclops, the best couple in Comic Books.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Veitha

@avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @veitha said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:

Emma and Scott... they were better together, and if Scott ends with Tempus or Illyana then I'm going to be very, very angry

I would never stop laughing if Emma x Logan happen. It would mean that Marvel truly doesn't care.

No Caption Provided

Oh c'mon Veitha. That relationship's got so much potential. Marvel just needs to give it a go. I'm sure you'll start to like it, in time...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hahahhahahah don't let me see that cover... I'd be happier with a Scott/Logan couple than this :P

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GonnaRain

Emma and Scott. Always.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hey I had a quick question, I may be off here but were Rogue and Magneto ever together?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @veitha said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hahahhahahah don't let me see that cover... I'd be happier with a Scott/Logan couple than this :P

Hahaha, oh come on, they look so glad to be in each other's arms....lol :P

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@tohoma said:

Just wondering what was so bad about the Storm and Panther relationship? I thought it was okay I was not really interested in it though.

It was kinda--actually, very--forced.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Romyyyy

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: Grey Outcast is correct, that's Surge and Prodigy.

@veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @veitha said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hahaha, oh come on, they look so glad to be in each other's arms....lol :P

That's not actually Wolverine ;)

@ageofhurricane: Realistically speaking...how well do you think that those characters would actually fare in the X-Books? The New X-Men haven't exactly had the best time of it. Although I'm super excited to see Prodigy appear in Young Avengers.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: It's still hilarious to look at. xD

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Ah, yes. Emma shows once again why she is a true HBiC. The funny thing is that scene always made me think Emma should have gone one step further like:

And then the Beast x Wolverine ship would have been born, and I would have died laughing instantly.
    And then the Beast x Wolverine ship would have been born, and I would have died laughing instantly.

Good god, I miss good stories like Whedon's Astonishing run.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: I would have died laughing if that had happened. Oh god....

I miss Whedon's X-Men run so much. I PAINFULLY miss how utterly perfect he wrote everybody, particularly Emma and Cyclops. I have scans from every issue of his run of pure Emma amazing-ness from when I ran her f-yeah on tumblr.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Agreed. Whedon knew what he was doing in handling Cyclops. Mind you, I am not an Emma fan, and I still ship Scott and Jean greatly. But with that said, Whedon made me respect Emma and the Scott and Emma relationship. Now, it's just hard to look at either character without going....why are you not as awesome as you used to be?!

Glad I just bought the blu-ray of the Astonishing Motion Comic. Sure it's not the actual comic, but I love it none the less.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: Kudos to you. I find that with people who ship Jean x Cyclops (a ship I vehemently dislike), they tend to hate Emma, not just for being with Scott but because she is so utterly and completely different from Jean. So good on you. I have the same feeling every time I pick up an X-Men comic. I only started reading about three years ago, but I started with the older stuff. Messiah CompleX, New X-Men (both volumes), Astonishing, Kyle/Yost's X-Force...all the good stuff. Now I look at the state of the X-Characters (Emma and Scott especially) and just think...why?

I've been meaning to give that a look.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't like Emma still, but I still respect her and what she did for Scott's character development which had been seriously lacking. I find having respect for a character you dislike is far better than just dismissing or trashing them simple cause they do nothing for you. I still prefer Scott and Jean, but I can live with Scott and Emma....(so long as Whedon writes it.) You are definitely right that it's across the board of X-Characters that got screwed over and trashed. I am big Nate Grey fan, and I just can't take him seriously after what they did to him and the crap run DnA had on New Mutants....Then there is the horrible protrayal of Logan, the hypocrisy of Beast, and it just snowballs.

I saw Gifted and Dangerous, and those were very solid. Though the voice actors changed which was a little unsettling, but it was just as good as the book in my opinion.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't like Emma still, but I still respect her and what she did for Scott's character development which had been seriously lacking. I find having respect for a character you dislike is far better than just dismissing or trashing them simple cause they do nothing for you. I still prefer Scott and Jean, but I can live with Scott and Emma....(so long as Whedon writes it.) You are definitely right that it's across the board of X-Characters that got screwed over and trashed. I am big Nate Grey fan, and I just can't take him seriously after what they did to him and the crap run DnA had on New Mutants....Then there is the horrible protrayal of Logan, the hypocrisy of Beast, and it just snowballs.

I saw Gifted and Dangerous, and those were very solid. Though the voice actors changed which was a little unsettling, but it was just as good as the book in my opinion.

Right, maybe I should have re-phrased. I think there's an import differentiation between liking and respecting somebody, but the fact that you've said that much deserves the kudos I gave you, because most people who don't like Emma would rather just throw her under the bus and blame all of Scott's problems on her.

I liked Logan best when he had no memories and was just the smoking, drinking badass as opposed to the unkillable three-team super that he is now. It's not just as interesting to me.

Beast is the biggest hyprocite to live, ever, and every time somebody smacks him down verbally for it, I chuckle gleefully.

High praise! Thanks :)

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Right, maybe I should have re-phrased. I think there's an import differentiation between liking and respecting somebody, but the fact that you've said that much deserves the kudos I gave you, because most people who don't like Emma would rather just throw her under the bus and blame all of Scott's problems on her.

I liked Logan best when he had no memories and was just the smoking, drinking badass as opposed to the unkillable three-team super that he is now. It's not just as interesting to me.

Beast is the biggest hyprocite to live, ever, and every time somebody smacks him down verbally for it, I chuckle gleefully.

Scott's issues all date back to his youth, Jean, and his uncanny knack from getting possessed it seems. lol

I liked Logan when I was 10ish cause he was that no nonsense guy who didn't mess anyone in the animated series....then I read some comics...and I have little like for the character since.

True dat. Only good thing from ANXM was Scott verbally tearing Beast a new one. So good!

Thank you for the kudos. :D

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Scott's issues all date back to his youth, Jean, and his uncanny knack from getting possessed it seems. lol

I liked Logan when I was 10ish cause he was that no nonsense guy who didn't mess around in the animated series....then I read some comics...and I have little like for the character since.

True dat. Only good thing from ANXM was Scott verbally tearing Beast a new one. So good!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Logan when I was 10ish cause he was that no nonsense guy who didn't mess around in the animated series....then I read some comics...and I have little like for the character since.

And bad writers, but that's another story <__<

He kind of warps into what the most popular male archetype/stereotype is of the time and it grates on my nerves. I really liked him in Astonishing, he was pretty much spot on there. I don't like overly moral Wolverine and I don't like overly sanctimonious Wolverine. I did like how they handled him in WATXM animated series and I loved Hugh's portrayal of him in the X-Films. Other than that...I can take him or leave him, it makes no difference.

MY FAVORITE PANEL EVER!!!

No problem ^__^

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Rogue and Magneto forever

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

And bad writers, but that's another story <__<

He kind of warps into what the most popular male archetype/stereotype is of the time and it grates on my nerves. I really liked him in Astonishing, he was pretty much spot on there. I don't like overly moral Wolverine and I don't like overly sanctimonious Wolverine. I did like how they handled him in WATXM animated series and I loved Hugh's portrayal of him in the X-Films. Other than that...I can take him or leave him, it makes no difference.

MY FAVORITE PANEL EVER!!!

No problem ^__^

Yep, those too. Hell I heard, Morrison and Gillen have disowned Scott as of his current characterization. I know Morrison said something negative on it, but I haven't seen Gillen respond.

Agreed.

It's easily one of the best panels ever. I don't care for Bendis, but damn, it was so beautifully put.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: I think Gillen's basically doing a clean up - or at least he was. He was writing Uncanny concurrent to AvX and then wrote AvX: Consequences, and did his best to spin things in Scott's favor (Scott was in the right, but the whole thing was a shtshow). I'd love to see like an unofficial biography of the X-writers book or something with interviews and stuff with past writers on the current state of things.

I'm actually really enjoying Bendis' run on Uncanny.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @veitha said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jut think of how awesome their children would be. Diamond form with adamantium bones/claws, healing factor and telepathy. They'd be unkillable super beings D:

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx: I think Gillen's basically doing a clean up - or at least he was. He was writing Uncanny concurrent to AvX and then wrote AvX: Consequences, and did his best to spin things in Scott's favor (Scott was in the right, but the whole thing was a shtshow). I'd love to see like an unofficial biography of the X-writers book or something with interviews and stuff with past writers on the current state of things.

I'm actually really enjoying Bendis' run on Uncanny.

Would love to see that.

I am enjoying it as well as ANXM which is something I never thought would happen as I thought Bendis would trainwreck the X-Men (not saying he still won't cause his history says otherwise.)

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mercy_

@thegreyoutcastx: It's something that I desperately need now.

I'm of the same frame of thought. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: It's all a wait and see game now with the X-Men, but Wood's coming back with X-Men so at least there will be three book that show promise...unlike WaTX.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: And Olivier Coipel will be an art *___*

Oh boy...I gave that book a shot until issue 7 when I just couldn't do it anymore.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Cannonball & Boom Boom

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back on topic.....

Even though I voted for JeanxScott, I feel this too needs to happen.

Nate and Threnody
    Nate and Threnody

Why?

1. We need more interracial pairings. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones was.....forced on us by Bendis.

2. We need to figure what the deal with Threnody's child is.

3. Nate needs a blast from his past to get him back up to snuff.

4. Threnody has a ton of potential.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Yep, and I dig the whole female cast. God, I can't wait.

Jason Aaron needs to leave X-Men. Stick to Thor. From what I hear he's doing good there.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron needs to leave X-Men. Stick to Thor. From what I hear he's doing good there.

Me toooo. And his response to nay-sayers about it just gives me so much respect. I'm gonna be in heaven with that book.

One of my co-workers is in LOVE with his Thor run. But his X-Men stuff is pretty abysmal. Don't get me started on Schism.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Me toooo. And his response to nay-sayers about it just gives me so much respect. I'm gonna be in heaven with that book.

One of my co-workers is in LOVE with his Thor run. But his X-Men stuff is pretty abysmal. Don't get me started on Schism.

Just hoping Rachel gets plenty of face time. Not like she's been shown off in WaTX much. And Rogue cause I don't care for how Remender is writing her.

I don't read Thor so I don't know what a Good Jason Aaron story looks like lol. Schism was so forced and stupid. It would have worked if it was Storm though.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Just hoping Rachel gets plenty of face time. Not like she's been shown off in WaTX much. And Rogue cause I don't care for how Remender is writing her.

I don't read Thor so I don't know what a Good Jason Aaron story looks like lol. Schism was so forced and stupid. It would have worked if it was Storm though.

Words outta my mouth, once again. I ADORE Rachel. Please don't get me started on Remender and how he writes...I will go on for days. Rogue is one of my favorite characters and the way that he handles both her and Wanda (who I'm not fond of by any means) is deplorable.

It would have worked better if it was Storm. TBH, it doesn't really matter who wrote Schism, as you said, it was so forced. There's not really any good way to write that story that is so clearly editorially mandated.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@mercy_: Rachel needs spotlight now more than ever given all the young redhead super women that have begun to appear in the X-Men. Time for the real deal to put them in their place. As for Wanda.....There are no words strong enough to describe how bad Remender is making Wanda. She is supposed to be sympathetic but instead comes off as an uncaring b*tch. No wonder X-Fans want to burn the witch. I thought Marvel was trying to redeem her, not make her an even more hated figure. I just want Uncanny Avengers to die so this travesty can end.

True, but the event could have been tooled better to focus on the real issue of the X-Men's direction, the Xavier Dream, how kids should be tought, etc. Instead it was just a pissing match between Scott and Logan that never should have happened. And worse of all, they made their about Jean AGAIN. When Whedon did it, It was awesome cause it was just natural.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope and Young Scott, the lulz to be had in me making fun of it is just full of potential

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Rachel needs spotlight now more than ever given all the young redhead super women that have begun to appear in the X-Men. Time for the real deal to put them in their place. As for Wanda.....There are no words strong enough to describe how bad Remender is making Wanda. She is supposed to be sympathetic but instead comes off as an uncaring b*tch. No wonder X-Fans want to burn the witch. I thought Marvel was trying to redeem her, not make her an even more hated figure. I just want Uncanny Avengers to die so this travesty can end.

True, but the event could have been tooled better to focus on the real issue of the X-Men's direction, the Xavier Dream, how kids should be tought, etc. Instead it was just a pissing match between Scott and Logan that never should have happened. And worse of all, they made their about Jean AGAIN. When Whedon did it, It was awesome cause it was just natural.

Haha yes! Rachel is a BAMF and doesn't get half enough credit. I miss the Starjammers arcs with her. That Legacy arc was also pretty great. I miss the old quality of that book, it took a turn for the worse at the end before the relaunch.

Holy hell, when he has her refer to Rogue as a floozy? And the fact that Rogue's face is obscured through the entirety of those panels making her a bit of a nonentity...very troublesome. Wanda has no right to judge anybody for anything, ever. And she had come so far during AvX in character development and repentance and it's seemingly being stripped from her.

I definitely agree with that. Particularly the last sentence.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@mercy_ said:

Haha yes! Rachel is a BAMF and doesn't get half enough credit. I miss the Starjammers arcs with her. That Legacy arc was also pretty great. I miss the old quality of that book, it took a turn for the worse at the end before the relaunch.

Holy hell, when he has her refer to Rogue as a floozy? And the fact that Rogue's face is obscured through the entirety of those panels making her a bit of a nonentity...very troublesome. Wanda has no right to judge anybody for anything, ever. And she had come so far during AvX in character development and repentance and it's seemingly being stripped from her.

I definitely agree with that. Particularly the last sentence.

Rachel and Kitty together, this should be good. The more Summers children in books the better.

Right, plus Rogue and Magneto were hardly a thing, and it seemed like Erik was the one who was the most interested between them so Wanda's remark was out of line even if I look past Wanda's not so great relationship with Magneto. Wanda should have ya know....decided to go to the X-Men and try to make amends by embracing her mutant side instead of running back to the Avengers, act like nothing happened, and going back to pretending she is human.

More of this please!!!
    More of this please!!!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx: I prefer this :D

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

oh, I love when Emma controlls their minds :')

@veitha said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @veitha said:
    @avenger85 said:
    @veitha said:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jut think of how awesome their children would be. Diamond form with adamantium bones/claws, healing factor and telepathy. They'd be unkillable super beings D:

Let's leave the possible children to Comicvine Gene Game :P

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Rickbarry

I thought Surge was gay.

@thegreyoutcastx: @mercy_: Way to talk about Joss Whedon when I'm asleep. I'll never forgive any of you! Although, by bringing up Whedon and his amazingness, I'll vote for Kitty and Colossus. I enjoyed them so much during that run. If only current Kitty could see herself from that run and realize she dumptrucked Pete for a horrible spiderman impersonator.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@veitha: Spoil sport. XP

@rickbarry: Hahaha, sorry brah. And Kitty and Iceman is bad, If you wanted that.....you should have put her with Spidey to begin with. I loved them together in Ultimate.

I would ship this in the 616....once Peter is back.
    I would ship this in the 616....once Peter is back.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@mercy_: Realistically speaking, they probably wouldn't fare all that well--what with Noriko serving background duties in WATX and PRODIGY now a member of the Young Avengers, which i'm also ecstatic about, their only saving grace would be for their progenitors, Christina Weir and Nunzio Defillipis to return, get Aaron tfo WatX and headline the series.

That would be a bloody dream.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

I thought Surge was gay.

@thegreyoutcastx: @mercy_: Way to talk about Joss Whedon when I'm asleep. I'll never forgive any of you! Although, by bringing up Whedon and his amazingness, I'll vote for Kitty and Colossus. I enjoyed them so much during that run. If only current Kitty could see herself from that run and realize she dumptrucked Pete for a horrible spiderman impersonator.

I loved Joss Whedon's portrayal of Kitty and Colossus' relationship also as it felt so real and natural and I actually wished that the writers after Whedon actually explored that relationship further rather than break them up just for the sake of drama.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO its time to focus on other relationships besides just Scott and Jean or Emma. Thats been the focus of alot of x-stories. I think Cyclops should be with Frenzy or even put him with Monet. To me Storm and Wolverine should be together and have a kid and start a whole new story in the vein of Scott/Jean Grey. If not Storm then Wolverine should get with Warbird lol. Iceman and Kitty is kinda cool. Abigail Brand and Beat should be explored. I want Hellion and X-23 together and Surge and Prodigy should be together.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, those too. Hell I heard, Morrison ... have disowned Scott as of his current characterization. I know Morrison said something negative on it...

Thanks made my weekend! I cried, there is hope yet, no pun or character reference intended.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.