What characters would you like to see step up ?

#1 Edited by time (5070 posts) - - Show Bio

The past X-Men are returning, more X-Men are joining the Avengers, Cyclops being locked up and Emma Frost may end up dead. So what characters would you like to see step up and become leaders of the X-Men and who do you think will become leaders of the X-Men?

I would like Storm and Wolverine to run the Jean Grey Institute.

I would like Rogue & Magneto to run Utopia.

If she survives, I would like Emma to lead an X-Men team, find a way to redeem herself and have sometime in the spotlight away from Scott Summers.

I also would like Charles to be involved in the leadership of the X-Men.

I also would like Cable to become leader of another X-Force team, like the old days. With Domino, Warpath and Boom Boom etc.

I think Havok will being involved in leadership of a X-Men team too.

What do you think? Who would you like to see step up?

#2 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I would like Storm and Wolverine to run the Jean Grey Institute.

I would like Rogue & Magneto to run Utopia.

If she survives, I would like Emma to lead an X-Men team, find a way to redeem herself and have sometime in the spotlight away from Scott Summers.

I also would like Charles to be involved in the leadership of the X-Men.

I also would like Cable to become leader of another X-Force team, like the old days. With Domino, Warpath and Boom Boom etc.

I think Havok will being involved in leadership of a X-Men team too.

What do you think? Who would you like to see step up?

a) I want Wolverine out of that school and just be an Avenger or part of X-Force. I don't want to see him in every X-Book. Storm running the school could be cool to. But again, they haven't really done much with WATX. So I don't really see anything good coming out of that series.

b) I think Utopia should be disbanded. If the X-Men are integrating into the Avengers then Mutants should learn to live in the human population too instead of just keep to themselves on that island.

c) I would agree with this one. I'd like Emma as far away from Scott and even if she doesn't lead her own team, I'd like to see her on another team where she isn't Cyke's shadow.

d) I don't want Charles to be involved in the X-Men. If anything he should be working at the Jean Grey Institute.

e) Don't mind this idea.

f) Havok would be a fun leader.

I would like to see a lot of the New Mutants step up. Especially in WaTX series. It would be nice for those character to develop instead of seeing all the teachers do everything. We need another book like New X-Men Academy X & Childhood's End. Get the students more evolved so they can develop into X-Men not just be back shadows. As much as I like all of the original X-Men keep them together that's fine, but let other mutants shine instead of having the same characters appear in a handful of different x-titles.

#3 Posted by zrhodahero (32 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I would like to see Charles Xavier at the school working with young mutants, that's what he does best. I also would like to see beast, kitty, iceman and storm there.
  • Magneto should go back to being a leader, it doesn't matter to me if he is a hero or villain.
  • Cable leading X-force again would be awesome.
  • I also like the idea of the younger mutants stepping up.
#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I would like to see the younger mutants have bigger roles in the future X-Men stories since they almost seem forgotten whenever an event comes up.
  • I would like to see Colossus go alone for awhile and take care of saving mutant kind on his own along with Magik.
  • I would like to see Xavier take over the school again along with Jean Grey (if the real her ever comes back)
  • I would like to see Cable back and lead X-Force.
#5 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. I'd like to see characters like Emma get a little more spotlight instead of simply being eye candy for Scott.
  2. I'd like to see Colossus and Magik actually become bigger players in the X-verse. They're more independent of late. No more soldiering!
  3. I'd like to see Namor hit in the face with a shovel.
#6 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball and Moonstar/Mirage.

They were promised to be the next leaders of the X-men in New Mutants. So i expect them to step up again post AvX. I like the idea of them co-leading a new team together that can take over for the X-men leaving the West Coast. When they were in X-Force they lived in San Fran and the current New Mutants set there as well, so why not keep them there but have other Gen-X'ers join them.

They could call it "All Different X-men" or :"X-Saviours".

I also want to see Prodigy, Surge, Elixer, and Dust get some attention.

And, please, when i call your name. Step Down and Step Off! Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma, Namor, Danger, Rogue, and Pixie.

#7 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Magma, Dazzler, Northstar, Aurora and Polaris.

I'm ready for Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Danger and Beast to be removed from the active roster. Give some of the other, younger characters time to become big players in their own right.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

  1. I'd like to see characters like Emma get a little more spotlight instead of simply being eye candy for Scott.
  2. I'd like to see Colossus and Magik actually become bigger players in the X-verse. They're more independent of late. No more soldiering!
  3. I'd like to see Namor hit in the face with a shovel.

I definitely agree with this! They really need to come back and be big characters again!

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (16126 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm leading the X-Men

Colossus and Magik having better roles especially Magik.

Hollow/Penance, Jubilee and X-23 in one team.

Domino leading a team, Psylocke co-leads, with Multiple Man on their team.

Darkhawk and Squirrel Girl joining the X-Men.

#10 Posted by time (5070 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

  1. I'd like to see Namor hit in the face with a shovel.

Love what you said about Namor thing. He needs to go or be killed off.

#11 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Fan-boy-ness aside, I'd really like to see Colossus step up into a leadership role, if he can contain/get rid of the Cytorrak powers. He's been on the team longer than most, he's been doing it since he was 19, and I think now is the time for him to assert himself and step up. Maybe something similar to AoA where he leads the younger generation. Throw Magik in there and they'll have an interesting good copy/bad cop dynamic going.

#12 Posted by time (5070 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Magma, Dazzler, Northstar, Aurora and Polaris.

I'm ready for Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Danger and Beast to be removed from the active roster. Give some of the other, younger characters time to become big players in their own right.

I would keep Wolverine and Storm and get rid of Cyclops, Namor and Danger

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@time said:

I would like Storm and Wolverine to run the Jean Grey Institute.

I would like Rogue & Magneto to run Utopia.

If she survives, I would like Emma to lead an X-Men team, find a way to redeem herself and have sometime in the spotlight away from Scott Summers.

I also would like Charles to be involved in the leadership of the X-Men.

I also would like Cable to become leader of another X-Force team, like the old days. With Domino, Warpath and Boom Boom etc.

I think Havok will being involved in leadership of a X-Men team too.

What do you think? Who would you like to see step up?

a) I want Wolverine out of that school and just be an Avenger or part of X-Force. I don't want to see him in every X-Book. Storm running the school could be cool to. But again, they haven't really done much with WATX. So I don't really see anything good coming out of that series.

b) I think Utopia should be disbanded. If the X-Men are integrating into the Avengers then Mutants should learn to live in the human population too instead of just keep to themselves on that island.

c) I would agree with this one. I'd like Emma as far away from Scott and even if she doesn't lead her own team, I'd like to see her on another team where she isn't Cyke's shadow.

d) I don't want Charles to be involved in the X-Men. If anything he should be working at the Jean Grey Institute.

e) Don't mind this idea.

f) Havok would be a fun leader.

I would like to see a lot of the New Mutants step up. Especially in WaTX series. It would be nice for those character to develop instead of seeing all the teachers do everything. We need another book like New X-Men Academy X & Childhood's End. Get the students more evolved so they can develop into X-Men not just be back shadows. As much as I like all of the original X-Men keep them together that's fine, but let other mutants shine instead of having the same characters appear in a handful of different x-titles.

Exactly what u said... PERFECT.

I'd also like to see, Moonstar, Chamber, Husk, Magma, ALL of the X-Students, Cecilia Reyes, Boom Boom, Warpath, Frenzy, and Iceman to step up big time!!

I'd also like to see characters like Toad, Avalanche, Bliss, Dragoness, Litterbug, Erg, Masque, etc... all form up and make another Brotherhood gang and become the "villains" again!!

Plus I want Skids back... somewhere!

#14 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: There a LOT of underrated characters out there who deserve better! I've even put some of them on my lists! (Maybe I should make another one...)

#15 Posted by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke leads X-Force

Magneto leads X-Men

Havok leads Uncanny Avengers

Wolverine appears in less books... PLEASE

#16 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

What I loved about Claremont's X-Men is that he really allowed the characters to grow up, ie Cyclops leaving to get married, Mohawk Storm and Kitty's friendship wavering, The Original 5 + 2 left (but came back for visits, and then The Dark Phoenix Saga happened).

What I really hope is that Cyclops (finally) steps down from leading Utopia, and instead someone like Cannonball steps up and leads them, and so that the New Mutants (1983 and 2006) can finally grow the hell up.

IMO, There should be only 6 X-Books, WaTX for the NEW generation of mutants + teachers, Uncanny X-Force, the strike team, X-Factor, the dysfunctional family, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men and X-Men Legacy for general heroics, UXM, X-Men and Legacy should have three DISTINCT teams where NO member overlaps, each heading in very different directions.

I still wonder how Peter David does a great job juggling 10+ members in X-Factor.

I'm indifferent about AoA, Ultimate because different universes are fine with me, I'm borderline with X-Treme

Cancel New Mutants (Integrate them into the main X-Men roster), Astonishing (Integrate Northstar and Karma into the main roster) and First X-Men will come to an end soon.

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@allthatsgeek said:

Fan-boy-ness aside, I'd really like to see Colossus step up into a leadership role, if he can contain/get rid of the Cytorrak powers. He's been on the team longer than most, he's been doing it since he was 19, and I think now is the time for him to assert himself and step up. Maybe something similar to AoA where he leads the younger generation. Throw Magik in there and they'll have an interesting good copy/bad cop dynamic going.

Definitely agree with this!!
#18 Edited by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

@time:

Cyclops being locked up

Out of curiosity, says who? Fact still remains, he's done the least amount to the Avengers and was basically the only (aside from Colossus) saying the Avengers will eventually come around. He left them alone for the most part once he got power, Namor, Emma and Magik were doing otherwise without him knowing. If he goes to jail it's pretty stupid. Regardless, Alonso still stated he will have decent sized part in All New X-Men along with Wolverine due to seeing the woman they both loved at some point back in some form. So him getting locked up hardly makes sense of that.

Moderator
#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

What I loved about Claremont's X-Men is that he really allowed the characters to grow up, ie Cyclops leaving to get married, Mohawk Storm and Kitty's friendship wavering, The Original 5 + 2 left (but came back for visits, and then The Dark Phoenix Saga happened).

What I really hope is that Cyclops (finally) steps down from leading Utopia, and instead someone like Cannonball steps up and leads them, and so that the New Mutants (1983 and 2006) can finally grow the hell up.

IMO, There should be only 6 X-Books, WaTX for the NEW generation of mutants + teachers, Uncanny X-Force, the strike team, X-Factor, the dysfunctional family, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men and X-Men Legacy for general heroics, UXM, X-Men and Legacy should have three DISTINCT teams where NO member overlaps, each heading in very different directions.

I still wonder how Peter David does a great job juggling 10+ members in X-Factor.

I'm indifferent about AoA, Ultimate because different universes are fine with me, I'm borderline with X-Treme

Cancel New Mutants (Integrate them into the main X-Men roster), Astonishing (Integrate Northstar and Karma into the main roster) and First X-Men will come to an end soon.

YES. Not sure why they kicked him off and gave Dani the mantel, that's not saying i don't like her, but Scott was definitely grooming him for leader of Mutantkind status, for whatever reason, i would LOVE to see a Cannonball lead X-Men.

#20 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I pretty much agree with the statement. It wasn't until The Avengers blew up parts of Utopia the second time did they act. So...it'd be silly if Scott was locked up. Namor killed hundreds if not thousands. He's gotta go to jail!

#21 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

With the teaser image I saw where it is hinted that Cyke might go to jail, I'd like to see him be a part of the Thunderbolts. I want to see him fight for a cause that has little to no relations to mutant culture.

I would also like to see Colossus go solo or at least go on a self-realization journey with his sister

I would like to see both Hellion and Prodigy to take up more active and meaningful roles in general since as far as I'm concerned they're the future of the X-men.

I would like to see more of Genesis

#22 Edited by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point I don't know who should lead the X-Men. I can't see anyone other than Cyclops doing it anymore. He is, has and always will be X-Men. If anyone deserves to be the leader it is him IMO. I'm not saying this as a Cyclops fan, I just can't see anyone else doing it right now. I don't mind if he steps down though. I just can't decide who I want as a leader. I can say who I don't want to lead.

-Not Wolverine as much as I love the character.

-Not Storm. If anything, Storm should be like a public relations ambassador. I know they have the PR agent but Storm was a queen, is gentle (for the most part) and is a great person all around. She would definitely be a good person for it between Wakanda (if her and BP get back together which I doubt), USA and mutantkind in general.

-Havok is a no. He's supposed to be leading the UA and I don't people care about Havok enough to where they would want him leading two teams. That's just my opinion.

-Rogue and Magneto is all kinds of no. Their relationship is all kinds of no so why would I want them to be in charge? Plus, Magneto leading the X-Men itself sounds weird. He bowed before Cyclops and he should lead the team he fought for decades.

-Xavier is a no. One, he is most likely gonna die in AvX sparking Marvel now and Em and Cykes to fight. 2. His time as leader is done, he's done enough for years.

Cable can lead an X-Force, I don't care.

Mutants I'd like to see step up hmm? Psylocke in a bigger role than just UXF, Pixie, Stepford Cuckoos, Bobby Drake, Colossus, Magik, Jubes, Rockslide for shiggles. Cannonball, Moonstar, Polaris, WARPATH. He shouldn't be a jobber. The guy has the makings to be a tank (no offense Colossus). Hellion, Dazzler, X-23. There are a lot of mutants that could step. And more Broo, he's adorable.

Oh, and Beast should die. He's become the most hypocritical d-bag of the X-Men. He can't condone Cyclops killing but will kill himself for another team's sake. Then he speaks to Wolverine that the Avengers may be wrong but then shows up to help them the next issue in a fight. Good job, Hank. Find a consistent writer or die.

I mean something like this but more head explody.

Moderator
#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@JohnnyGat said:

With the teaser image I saw where it is hinted that Cyke might go to jail, I'd like to see him be a part of the Thunderbolts. I want to see him fight for a cause that has little to no relations to mutant culture.

I would also like to see Colossus go solo or at least go on a self-realization journey with his sister

I would like to see both Hellion and Prodigy to take up more active and meaningful roles in general since as far as I'm concerned they're the future of the X-men.

I would like to see more of Genesis

This is something I really want to see. I just hope that Marvel takes advantage of this.
#24 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I pretty much agree with nixing most of the candidates you listed, but I think Magneto could work. He's more of a practical personality instead of the militant idealist we've seen in the past. I'd also be interested in seeing Colossus take a leadership role. He's either lead or had large roles in alt universes over the years.

'Course it'd all seem off as Cyclops is the most recognizable X-man in my eyes. I wouldn't really want anyone else to lead.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: The problem I have with Magneto leading is as I said the principle. He's Charles' old friend but worst enemy and bows to Xavier's greatest student then takes over the team he spent decades trying to dismantle?

Moderator
#26 Edited by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yeah. I see where you're coming from, but out of the active people in the mutant community he does seem to fill a few voids that Cyclops would leave. Although if things go as they currently are the leader of the X-men will be Cap.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Naaah. As long as X-Men will have their own title they will be a separate entity with the very least being their own part ie Uncanny Avengers.

Moderator
#28 Posted by Saren (25891 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion should totally lead the X-Men. Nothing they do makes any sense at any rate, so being led by a schizophrenic will at least be a decent excuse for the poorly thought out semi-soap opera idiocy.

Moderator
#29 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@tomchu said:

What I loved about Claremont's X-Men is that he really allowed the characters to grow up, ie Cyclops leaving to get married, Mohawk Storm and Kitty's friendship wavering, The Original 5 + 2 left (but came back for visits, and then The Dark Phoenix Saga happened).

What I really hope is that Cyclops (finally) steps down from leading Utopia, and instead someone like Cannonball steps up and leads them, and so that the New Mutants (1983 and 2006) can finally grow the hell up.

IMO, There should be only 6 X-Books, WaTX for the NEW generation of mutants + teachers, Uncanny X-Force, the strike team, X-Factor, the dysfunctional family, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men and X-Men Legacy for general heroics, UXM, X-Men and Legacy should have three DISTINCT teams where NO member overlaps, each heading in very different directions.

I still wonder how Peter David does a great job juggling 10+ members in X-Factor.

I'm indifferent about AoA, Ultimate because different universes are fine with me, I'm borderline with X-Treme

Cancel New Mutants (Integrate them into the main X-Men roster), Astonishing (Integrate Northstar and Karma into the main roster) and First X-Men will come to an end soon.

YES. Not sure why they kicked him off and gave Dani the mantel, that's not saying i don't like her, but Scott was definitely grooming him for leader of Mutantkind status, for whatever reason, i would LOVE to see a Cannonball lead X-Men.

There was a time in the 90s where Cannonball and Cyke were on the same team, but somehow in the past years Cannonball has been demoted to New Mutants, hell, I wouldn't mind Dani leading mutantkind, my point is that as long as its not Cyclops, I'm fine.

#30 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu: Cannonball was being groomed as the next leader at the time, and he's always shown leadership qualities. Same with Moonstar. But then the creative team changed and unfortunately, they forgot that the New Mutants had grown up, been considered capable as X-Force and were no longer necessarily in training. Now they get D-List treatment and rarely get lines during major stories.

I don't think mutantkind needs a leader since there are so many conflicting viewpoints, though, and it just makes them into a monolithic ghetto-ized species which is over-simplifying the stories they can do.

#31 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

The past X-Men are returning, more X-Men are joining the Avengers, Cyclops being locked up and Emma Frost may end up dead. So what characters would you like to see step up and become leaders of the X-Men and who do you think will become leaders of the X-Men?

I would like Storm and Wolverine to run the Jean Grey Institute.

I would like Rogue & Magneto to run Utopia.

If she survives, I would like Emma to lead an X-Men team, find a way to redeem herself and have sometime in the spotlight away from Scott Summers.

I also would like Charles to be involved in the leadership of the X-Men.

I also would like Cable to become leader of another X-Force team, like the old days. With Domino, Warpath and Boom Boom etc.

I think Havok will being involved in leadership of a X-Men team too.

What do you think? Who would you like to see step up?

Storm can't know about X-Force, though.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine should continue leading X-Force.

#33 Posted by SPANKYGEE63 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think cannonball, magik and sunspot should get some spotlight and wolverine and Emma should piss off

#34 Posted by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Jubilee do... anything at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.