Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What are you Rereading? Feb 2014

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

What old X-Titles are you currently or have you recently reread?
    And what do you recommend people revisit?

For me - It's X-Factor v1....Picked it up today because of the recent Jean Grey debates, and ended up comparing the book to Uncanny X-Men.

But I really think everyone should reread Kyle &Yost New X-Men....it's just good, and with some of the characters getting shine in Wood's X-Men it's interesting to compare them to the WatX students.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By HAWK2916

Im rereading Ultimate Xmen from the beginning. I came in late on the series and decided to stop at Wood's run and start over from the beginning. Ive finally been able to accumulate the whole series from volume 1. So Im starting over completely and into that now. Ive also been re-reading Kyle & Yost Xforce and Remender's Uncanny Xforce. I plan on going back to the whole Academy X/New Xmen series, it was awesome in my opinion.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i actually just recently re read Josh Wheldon's run front to back. WOW its alot better that way i got to add, i bought them and read them when they came out and it was ehh mainly because it was a once every two month title that was still ALWAYS late, so it was hard to keep up with and remember the flow of the story. But sitting back and rereading it it was simply amazing, might be the defining story for Cyclops as well

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I actually just bought X-Men: Mutant Genesis and X-Men: Proteus. I've also been reading the X-Tinction Agenda trade paperback, which includes the original Genosha story. I have to say, Claremont's writing took a huge dip in quality near the end. That's not to say that Mutant Genesis and the original Genosha story are bad, but they're not quite up to par with Claremont's earlier stuff. I also just got done reading the Ultimate War, and that wasn't too bad. I plan to read up to volume twelve of Ultimate X-Men and stop since it apparently goes downhill after that.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently rereading She-Hulk (The complete She-Hulk) and Excalibur (Volume 1) along with X-Men: Colossus Bloodlines. I'm finding that She-Hulk is the most entertaining in a light hearted and humorous way while Bloodlines is much darker and moodier so I flip back and forth depending on my mood. Excalibur just goes right off the rails at times and takes you along for a fun filled ride.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@mcklayn said:

i actually just recently re read Josh Wheldon's run front to back. WOW its alot better that way i got to add, i bought them and read them when they came out and it was ehh mainly because it was a once every two month title that was still ALWAYS late, so it was hard to keep up with and remember the flow of the story. But sitting back and rereading it it was simply amazing, might be the defining story for Cyclops as well

that sounds super frustrating to me. I read them as the trades came out, so at least it was a whole 6 issue arc at a time, which made it a lot more memorable. I just love everything about it.

@ryagan said:

I actually just bought X-Men: Mutant Genesis and X-Men: Proteus. I've also been reading the X-Tinction Agenda trade paperback, which includes the original Genosha story. I have to say, Claremont's writing took a huge dip in quality near the end. That's not to say that Mutant Genesis and the original Genosha story are bad, but they're not quite up to par with Claremont's earlier stuff.

That's what I'm always telling people.

And keep in mind, the original Genosha story and Mutant Genesis were two of the best stories from his later period. If not for those two, you'd almost be better off stopping at the end of the Mutant Massacre (1986). Of course, everything leading up to that is so good you don't want to, but still.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Im rereading Ultimate Xmen from the beginning.

Same here. But I think I might try and read the entire Ultimate Universe from the start.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McKlayn

@mcklayn said:

that sounds super frustrating to me. I read them as the trades came out, so at least it was a whole 6 issue arc at a time, which made it a lot more memorable. I just love everything about it.

@ryagan said:

I actually just bought X-Men: Mutant Genesis and X-Men: Proteus. I've also been reading the X-Tinction Agenda trade paperback, which includes the original Genosha story. I have to say, Claremont's writing took a huge dip in quality near the end. That's not to say that Mutant Genesis and the original Genosha story are bad, but they're not quite up to par with Claremont's earlier stuff.

That's what I'm always telling people.

And keep in mind, the original Genosha story and Mutant Genesis were two of the best stories from his later period. If not for those two, you'd almost be better off stopping at the end of the Mutant Massacre (1986). Of course, everything leading up to that is so good you don't want to, but still.

Yea i always get annoyed when people talk so highly about Wheldon because he frustrated me sooo much when he was writing. i mean it would go three months at times before an issue came out and i would forget what was going on, or forget to buy it it was so annoying. re reading it has for sure given me a much better outlook on the stories i mean they are some of the best i've read i still don't think i would want him back because well i couldn't live with that much lateness now if he could keep up with teh deadlines i would be all aboard team wheldon lol esp if it featured Cyclops :-p

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: very interesting take on Whedon. To let most tell it, he's some sort of God but those are some great points made here. Im seriously considering going the tpb route with Bendis' Uncanny Xmen.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

I just finished re-reading what I have of Excalibur after I got a bunch of issues that I had been missing from my collection. Chris Claremont's run for the first 30 or so issues and Warren Ellis' run near the end of the series are by far the best issues. Very fun stories by those writers. The rest tends to range from meh to pretty good.

I just recently got a bunch of issues from Claremont's run on Uncanny X-Men (Essential X-Men vol 5, which contains issues 180-198), so I'll probably be going back to re-read what I already had of that amazing run as well.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@mcklayn: very interesting take on Whedon. To let most tell it, he's some sort of God but those are some great points made here. Im seriously considering going the tpb route with Bendis' Uncanny Xmen.

hes great, a great read and writer really BUT hes not the best comic book writer in the world, terrible with deadlines it would seem so yea lol its a head ache that really ruined it for me and made it hard to read on a month to month basis but a great read all together now that its done lol

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm rereading Ultimate X-Men 1-65, because 66-100 is pretty bad, and i've reread Age of Apocalypse crossover. What an epic crossover.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• X-Force vol.3 by K/Y (+ Messiah War, Necrosha, Second Coming)
    • X-Men vol.3 by Wood (though I started from Curse Of The Mutants which was kinda fun, then I jumped to Wood's right away)
    • New X-Men vol.2 by K/Y
    • Uncanny X-Men vol.2 and AVX: Consequences by Gillen
    • Age Of X
    • Fatal Attractions
    • Dark Angel Saga and Uncanny Avengers (this arc is sooooooo long) by Remender
    • Some parts of AVX and Morrison's run

(pretty much just started with Ultimate)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.