Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What are the phoenix five going to do.

• 51 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

It was highlighted in Avengers vs X-Men 5. That they got work to do and they have to prepare Hope for something. What do you think that is.

Uncanny X-Men #7
    Uncanny X-Men #7
    PhoeniX-Men
    PhoeniX-Men

Could that be to save the mutant race, or destroy the world?

What do you think going to happen to Avengers now?

There going be twist and turns in the story. The Phoenix will take control of them and something may happen between Cyclops, Emma & Namor.

So where do think the X-Men writers are going with this?

What do you think going to happen.?

Quite a few questions I know, I'm interested to hear what people think?

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By oraclefyre

Covers revealed showed them helping the earth.

The avengers are going to be uber annoyed about everything

The love triangle can go to hell, but apparently it's been building up to something as the interview revealed and I think Namor and Emma will...kiss.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Osian2

@oraclefyre said:

The love triangle can go to hell, but apparently it's been building up to something as the interview revealed and I think Namor and Emma will...kiss.

Yeah it has been hinted that the relationship between Emma and Namor will heat up and IMO this will probably end up making the phoenix five turn on each other (Mainly Cyclops, Emma and Namor. Where Magik and Colossus will stand I don't know but most likely with Scott) just so the Avengers can come in and save the day. The phoenix five are changing the world for the better and it just shows how wrong the Avengers were in thinking that it would destroy the world, something that it has never done on purpose ever!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rickbarry

Why is Colossus megahuge in the first image, but more proportionate in the second? Nice sleeves and no actual shirt, Namor.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

They are going to be Earths overlords lol, Storm was shown in the background of one of the images watering plants so I assume they don't have evil intent from the begining, but it is the PF so I'm sure all hell will break out by the 7th issue. I also see Wanda becoming a key player from here on out too.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I'm positive that they will turn evil and job to the Avengers. I don't have anymore guesses than that.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dman1366

@Blood1991: nicely put. Like i've said previously, this is awsome. 5 Cosmic Mutant Overlords.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By jubilee042

probably Die

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By SavageDragon

@Osian2 said:

@oraclefyre said:

Yeah it has been hinted that the relationship between Emma and Namor will heat up and IMO this will probably end up making the phoenix five turn on each other (Mainly Cyclops, Emma and Namor. Where Magik and Colossus will stand I don't know but most likely with Scott) just so the Avengers can come in and save the day. The phoenix five are changing the world for the better and it just shows how wrong the Avengers were in thinking that it would destroy the world, something that it has never done on purpose ever!

Hopefully this. Then when they over use their power the Avengers will attempt with Hope and Scarlet Witch to stop them. I could see Wolverine being forced to kill Scott in the end. Hopefully he kills Emma instead. I hate her lol.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

I hate Marvel, I hate AVX, I hate the Phoenix 5 both as a concept and in practice, I hate the architects misunderstanding of Cyclops's character.....matter o' fact I hate everything remotely related to Marvel except Gillen

Oh! and I hate whoever designed those costumes

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This line-up makes no sense. Collosus, Magik, Namor and Emma as avatars of the Phoenix? This could have been a great time to reinvigorate a Jean-Scott relationship comeback, had it only been Scott who is possessed.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hareil0079

It'll start off good and turn bad, and it'll probably revolve around the phoenix own personal agenda

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osian2

@SavageDragon said:

@Osian2 said:

@oraclefyre said:

Hopefully this. Then when they over use their power the Avengers will attempt with Hope and Scarlet Witch to stop them. I could see Wolverine being forced to kill Scott in the end. Hopefully he kills Emma instead. I hate her lol.

I hope to god that Cyclops doesn't die but if he does get killed by Wolverine for example i'm interested to see the fallout. He leads the Utopia X-men (and is still involved with the New Mutants especially Dani), Father to Rachel, Nate and Cable and he still has friends in people like Iceman and Rogue etc. It could cause a schism all by itself. How would people like Magneto react who only joined the x-men because of Scotts achievements, Storm who only stayed because Scott asked her to and of course how would his children react especially Rachel who is a part of Wolverines School.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hareil0079

@Osian2 said:

@SavageDragon said:

@Osian2 said:

@oraclefyre said:

I hope to god that Cyclops doesn't die but if he does get killed by Wolverine for example i'm interested to see the fallout. He leads the Utopia X-men (and is still involved with the New Mutants especially Dani), Father to Rachel, Nate and Cable and he still has friends in people like Iceman and Rogue etc. It could cause a schism all by itself. How would people like Magneto react who only joined the x-men because of Scotts achievements, Storm who only stayed because Scott asked her to and of course how would his children react especially Rachel who is a part of Wolverines School.

Even though I can see Scott getting killed, they are not going to kill him. As it currently stands... everyone who joined cylops campaign in the war including the westchester school X-men will still follow him even with his new obtained power until something goes wrong that questions morals. The question that leaves to remain is who will follow them when that time comes? Also Hope, she probably has a good idea what the PF wants and the PF maybe hiding it frome the P5

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Raiiyn

@lykopis said:

It's all over the place.

Hope begged Wolverine to kill her, realizing what the Phoenix was -- it was pretty clear on her monologue. But Cyclops has his agenda, he doesn't see a child needing protecting, he want's the Phoenix. And Hope is a means to get what he wants. He just goes on and on about her being the Messiah, etc...kinda creepy.

We'll see.

yupp.. Her monologue is extremely clear... I think the Phoenix didn't accept her more so because she was sooo against it in the end. Phoenix knows Hope is going to fight tooth and nail to make sure the Phoenix does not get what it wants. I think Cyke is going to die.. My fingers are crossed.

This entire plot is ridiculous. Having the Phoenix split like this... I hate it.

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MadRooster81

It was explained in Uncanny X-Men #13 that Hope had to have her "Lights" with her to fully accept the Phoenix Force. But they are stuck on Utopia with no idea they needed to be there due to the interference from Unit. So without them, it seems she will not be ready to receive the Phoenix Force.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

They will start a singing group and move to Memphis 

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MadRooster81

@lykopis said:

@cjbostick81 said:

It was explained in Uncanny X-Men #13 that Hope had to have her "Lights" with her to fully accept the Phoenix Force. But they are stuck on Utopia with no idea they needed to be there due to the interference from Unit. So without them, it seems she will not be ready to receive the Phoenix Force.

Plus, Idie is one of the Lights as well -- but now that the Jean Grey Institute is on board, we'll see how that pans out.

Interesting point made was that during Hope's Quest in Generation Hope and getting the new lights a few have died and one is an infant. How will this impact receiving the Phoenix Force? I see the X-Men fighting the Avengers some more as the Phoenix Force until Hope and her team save the day and receive it.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#19  Edited By Joygirl

Dance 'til they can't dance 'til they can't dance, dance 'til they can't dance 'til they can't dance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-Club will build them giant robots to pilot, fueled by the Phoenix. When they face a threat no one of them can handle alone they will combine into a single giant robot PHOENIX-ZORD !!!!!!!

If not this for comedic value I really hope it ends soon and the next writer pretends it never happened

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#21  Edited By time1

I think it will start of good for the X-Men and then it will turn ugly for them, in the end. The Pheonix force will take control of them and then they will turn against one another. Emma will hook up with Namor and Cyclops will fight Namor over Emma. I think the Avengers will take advantage of this and more likely beat the X-Men in the end.

This what I don't want. I don't want Emma and Scott to break up in this event or after the event. If that does happen, it would be down to the Phoenix force, which would be very strange, cause the Pheonix force is link to Jean Grey. I don't want Jean to come back and then get with Scott.. I don't think it will be fair on her. I want Jean Grey back in comics and I think she derserves better than Scott.

I'm not sure what Scarlet Witch is going to do in this and I'm wondering what Hope will do when she recovers. Looking at the costumes. Colossus and Magik looks good and Cyclops look terrible.

I would of made more sense if Storm and Magneto was part of the Phoenix five, instead of Colossus and Magik. I'm happy that's Cyclops will finally get a taste of the Phoenix force, he will finally feel what it's like to be control by the Phoenix. He has always given Jean Grey grief in the past about it and now he will get to see what really like. About time too.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KingofMadCows

They'll do some good and then start fighting each other in a Highlanders "there can be only one" type of thing.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Osian2

When they do turn on each other at least we will get some epic fights. Though the full fights will be in the tie-ins an not the main book itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment they are going to do pretty much whatever they please. The 5 were powerful enough alone, now sharing the Phoenix Force they will be the real Extinction Team. I'm slightly curious where they are taking this, but have no expectations whatsoever.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By unicornpuncher

Im actually digging this storyline. Just wish the fighting wasnt so avengers tilted.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood1991

Just finished Legacy they apparently are making the world a peaceful place "with violence ofcourse" and the X-Men are standing with them as of now.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

Emma will hook up with Namor and Cyclops will fight Namor over Emma. I think the Avengers will take advantage of this and more likely beat the X-Men in the end.

I sincerely hope that there won't be any plotline involving fighting over Emma. I like her but the "two macho guys fight over yonder fair damsel" thing is so predictable. I would like her to get her own thing to do.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John Valentine

The Phoenix Five are going to MSU.

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jaredbright

The Avengers will be fired for letting this happen. Who fires them, the President? Does anyone know?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crimsonlord53

I'm sorry the P5 are doing good. When the PF destroyed how many planets on it's way to earth cough plot hole cough.

My fingers are crossed that jean comes back puts the PF back in it's bottle and marvel leaves the PF alone for the next decade well leaving jean in the marvel U.

I really like hope when she is not a PF pawn she has some interesting ideas combine that with her apparent empath Abilities and it has the makings of a decent story arch or two.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hareil0079

Why does everyone forget about Nova

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I think that Emma is going to be like "hells no we can't do this anymore! I'm a smart telepath and I know this is wrong and the phoenix force is controlling us!" and she sides with the Avengers and her and Cyclops have it out then Cyclops dies and so does the remainder of the Phoenix Force in all Five members.

THE END.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraclefyre: how will emma and namor end up kissing unles at the end of avx cyclops dies saving hope?!?!?!?!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rickbarry

@IllyanaRasputin: The End...or just the beginning? -Ominous music.-

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@Rickbarry: Lol :P

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By PowerHerc

@royale_with_cheese said:

This line-up makes no sense. Collosus, Magik, Namor and Emma as avatars of the Phoenix?

This, exactly.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I have a question.. how did the Phoenix get broken into pieces?

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Osian2

@Nova`Prime`:Tony Stark and Hank Pym built a big robot with a cannon in the space of a day and shot the phoenix. Also they built it on the moon which made no sense.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@Osian2: Thanks for the reply.. and I only have one word for it. Wow!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2: @Nova`Prime`:

Stupid, right ?

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hareil0079

@PowerHerc said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

This line-up makes no sense. Collosus, Magik, Namor and Emma as avatars of the Phoenix?

This, exactly.

This is most likely what Marvel explanation going to be

Collosus & Magik = Magic

Emma (she actually makes sense)= contracted it before though it was the full force at the time she couldn't handle it but now she has 1/5 of it so she should be able to handle it for a little bit til the phoenix decides to complete it's objective.

Namor= First Mutant

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@AgeofHurricane: Beyond stupid.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rickbarry

@PowerHerc: They claim they've planned for each of the characters becoming hosts for the force for over a year. I, personally, think it's better than rehashing a Rachel, Quentin or Cuckoo storyline. It could end terribly, but I'll give them a shot to do something memorable.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By unicornpuncher

I honestly had my bets on Quentin taking the phoenix force before any of this kicked off as a main plot point. Looks like I was totally wrong.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John Valentine

Emma handling the Phoenix force makes sense. I'd rather if Storm and Magneto were hosts rather than two from Colossus/Namor/Magik.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By poisonfleur

@John Valentine said:

Emma handling the Phoenix force makes sense. I'd rather if Storm and Magneto were hosts rather than two from Colossus/Namor/Magik.

I agree on that with you entirely! Storm, Magneto, and Angel should have replaced them. Some of these don't even seem like suitable hosts for the Phoenix.

And with all this Phoenix action go on, where is Jean?? lol

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By TheCrowbar

Phoenix Five what are they good for, ahhh absolutely nothing, huh

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By John Valentine

@poisonfleur said:

@John Valentine said:

I agree on that with you entirely! Storm, Magneto, and Angel should have replaced them. Some of these don't even seem like suitable hosts for the Phoenix.

And with all this Phoenix action go on, where is Jean?? lol

Well, to be fair, I don't mind the current choices, seeing as they're realistically the biggest players on Gillen's team at the moment.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hareil0079

Keep in mind as well most of those of the P5 have been former villans before so it's setting up for bad things down the line.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By oraclefyre

I hate how Emma is becoming more associated with the Phoenix. That's Jean's thing. It's like they're trying to make her replace Jean rather than letting her have her own path.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.