What 3 Teen X-Men Deserve More Screen Time?

  • 68 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- If you were in charge, which 3 young X-characters would you give more focus and importance and why?

#2 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of them except Hellion. I hate that guy.

#3 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Surge - She's a born leader that Cyclops was grooming for X-Man status (much like what was done with Cannonball and Moonstar), bring her back to prominence.

Prodigy - Always dug his power, and even after losing it on M-Day he's proven himself to be a valuable asset to the X-Men. Plus, he beat the crap out of that pompous d**k Hellion. I'd like to see him working alongside X-Club, maybe even becoming an apprentice of sorts to Dr. Nemesis (kind of like how he was with Beast).

Blindfold - I just like her, she's got a certain odd charm.

#4 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust, Mercury, and Hellion.

#5 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Surge - She's a born leader that Cyclops was grooming for X-Man status (much like what was done with Cannonball and Moonstar), bring her back to prominence.

Prodigy - Always dug his power, and even after losing it on M-Day he's proven himself to be a valuable asset to the X-Men. Plus, he beat the crap out of that pompous d**k Hellion. I'd like to see him working alongside X-Club, maybe even becoming an apprentice of sorts to Dr. Nemesis (kind of like how he was with Beast).

Blindfold - I just like her, she's got a certain odd charm.

Surge

- I disagree that she is a born leader, more like someone who has potential and has been shown having issues handling the responsibility at her young age

- She has always been outspoken so its strange that she is not more vocal about her and the younger mutants point of view about the goings on, seems the last person who would become a wallflower and just do what shes told.

Prodigy

- He has the same problem Forge had, he is either a walking deus ex machina or useless. I would like to see his powers returned but redefined so that he is more usable. I would make it that:

1 - He can copy any learned ability within a specified radius

2 - The more skills he is copying at once the less effective he is at using them

3 - Copied skills deteriorate over time

4 - Copied skills can slowly become permanent with repeated contact

- This would give him access to short term abilities to make him very useful in any situation and a slowly growing long term pool of skills.

Blindfold

- I also like her as a character, but there is just not much you can do with her

- Unless they evolve her into being able to be included in more of the goings on with the X-Men I do not see much for the future

#6 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

The younger X-Men I would like to get on page time are: 

Surge: I agree she has cool powers and loads of potential. I feel she was sort of thrown under the bus in terms of characterization so X-23 and Pixie could get more on page time over the last few years.  

Mercury: I have always liked her power. Her powers might be a copy of the T-1000 from Terminator 2 but I think they interesting. I think she would benefit from more development of her powers and of her character. 
                I would love to see her get some more control over her powers.  

Rockslide: I love how Santo almost always manages to say the wrong thing. His powers are interesting as well, being able to reconstitute himself out of earth in the general area is cool. I must admit I like
                    Rockslide/Santo's character more than I like his powers.
 
 
 Also while I do not think Hellion needs any more attention I wish they would stop portraying him as the creep in the background learing at people.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
Elixir - I loved his healing powers and he seems like a really nice person. I would love to learn more about him and how he will use his healing abilities to help out everyone in battle. It seems strange that they don't have Elixir right now, especially with things getting so complicated right now.
 
Blindfold - I always found her powers in predicting the future to be interesting. There were a lot of telepathic members on the team, but I rarely seen any X-Men members who could predict the next moves for the team. It would be interesting if she could fight like the other members!
 
Dust - I love her ability to turn herself into dust, so it would be interesting to see what they could do with her character in the long run.
#8 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Elixir - I loved his healing powers and he seems like a really nice person. I would love to learn more about him and how he will use his healing abilities to help out everyone in battle. It seems strange that they don't have Elixir right now, especially with things getting so complicated right now.

Blindfold - I always found her powers in predicting the future to be interesting. There were a lot of telepathic members on the team, but I rarely seen any X-Men members who could predict the next moves for the team. It would be interesting if she could fight like the other members!

Dust - I love her ability to turn herself into dust, so it would be interesting to see what they could do with her character in the long run.

- Unless they curb his healing abilities he is another deus ex machina, what threat is there when he can heal virtually any wound?

#9 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Point oh well turn him into the next magneto then being absurdly powerful is not really a problem for a bad guy

#10 Edited by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

Hollow/Penance - because she is the most mysterious teen

Becka Munroe - we need to know who her father is

Broo - cos he's so cute

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85

Dust, Mercury, and Hellion.

YES!
Moderator
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher Becka doesn't even exist in 616 and there's no longer a GeNext book.
Moderator
#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@jhazzroucher Becka doesn't even exist in 616 and there's no longer a GeNext book.

oh. ok. i thought she was... : (

Well then, my third would be Dust

#14 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Blindfold - This character has so much potential. Story-wise her brother still hasn't been revealed. Power-wise like Destiny she could learn to be an effective long range attacker. Also her power as they are aren't yet fully revealed, at least that's how it seems to me - she has the potential of being a telepath with powers equal to the likes of Emma and Rachel or even more. And maybe she could have some lasting effects from being possessed by Prometheus.

Cipher - She too has a mysterious threat that still hasn't been revealed. Plus with her powers she could be a quite valuable infiltrator.

Graymalkin - I'm a sucker for a humble, mistreated gay character. So that's the only reason. Plus the X-Men need variety - not only WASPs.

Online
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher

@The Dark Huntress said:

@jhazzroucher Becka doesn't even exist in 616 and there's no longer a GeNext book.

oh. ok. i thought she was... : (

Well then, my third would be Dust

O_o Storm doesn't have any kids...
Moderator
#16 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion, Prodigy and Rockslide - I love the sombative tension that Hellion and Prodigy have and it wasn't until Schism that I really enjoyed their rivalry. Rockslide is in because well he's a big kid which in turn brings out that kid in me, I also liked how in David and Julians last argument Rockslide was the one to break the fight telling Hellion that he went too far with the depowered comment. It showed me that although we know Santo will still take Julians side over David he is maturing as well, and plus Santo is a fun side character regardless.

Also to be honest I can picture an alternate future where both Prodigy and Hellion are what Cyclops and Wolverine are to main timeline X-men.

#17 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

dust

trance

pheobe cuckoo

#18 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion

Elixir

Surge

X-23 #17
#19 Edited by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queen's Halo said:

Blindfold - This character has so much potential. Story-wise her brother still hasn't been revealed. Power-wise like Destiny she could learn to be an effective long range attacker. Also her power as they are aren't yet fully revealed, at least that's how it seems to me - she has the potential of being a telepath with powers equal to the likes of Emma and Rachel or even more. And maybe she could have some lasting effects from being possessed by Prometheus.

Cipher - She too has a mysterious threat that still hasn't been revealed. Plus with her powers she could be a quite valuable infiltrator.

Graymalkin - I'm a sucker for a humble, mistreated gay character. So that's the only reason. Plus the X-Men need variety - not only WASPs.

but im a WASP :(

this list

#20 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

but im a WASP :(

WASPs in real life are good. In fiction it's lazy writing.

Online
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

Dust, Mercury, and Hellion.

Yes!

#22 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queen's Halo said:

@redhood21 said:

but im a WASP :(

WASPs in real life are good. In fiction it's lazy writing.

true, x-men could use a little more diversity than storm.

#23 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

These three, because I think they're all interesting characters with cool powers, and because they would all add something new to the titles.

Blindfold - a mysterious, fascinating character with a distinct voice. I would like to see at least one story focusing on Blindfold. She is a character who has never really fit in with her peers because of her slightly antisocial behaviour caused by the nature of her powers. I'd love to see more stories told from her point of view and focusing on her personal experiences.

Dust - Dust is interesting to me because she's probably the most morally incorruptible character in the franchise (next to Storm). She has her own sense of values, and she strongly holds on to them even though she now lives in a place where she's virtually alone with her cultural and religious ways. I think that shows how much inner strength she has, which is why it would be interesting to see what she would do if she was caught in a moral dilemma. I'd also like to see her views of the world juxtaposed with Scott's views (I understand Dust doesn't approve killing, for instance).

Hellion - Hellion has had decent amount of panel time lately, but his characterizion has been all over the place. He's been used mainly as a plot device at the cost of his own character developement. I think he should become a prominent character in Wolverine and the X-Men, for instance, so that his character developement would be more consistent. I think some interesting stories could be told through Hellion. He is an angry young man at the brink of adulthood who really needs to learn to behave himself and to control his emotions. Watching him handle that inner struggle would make one interesting character arc.

#24 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Surge - She's a born leader that Cyclops was grooming for X-Man status (much like what was done with Cannonball and Moonstar), bring her back to prominence.

Prodigy - Always dug his power, and even after losing it on M-Day he's proven himself to be a valuable asset to the X-Men. Plus, he beat the crap out of that pompous d**k Hellion. I'd like to see him working alongside X-Club, maybe even becoming an apprentice of sorts to Dr. Nemesis (kind of like how he was with Beast).

Blindfold - I just like her, she's got a certain odd charm.

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

Hellion

Elixir

Surge

I was going to write this and Prodigy.

Also, Wind Dancer as a personal preference.

#26 Posted by Kairan1979 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see more Mercury, Dust and Hellion (but not "creepy jerk" version of him).

#27 Posted by Jubilantlad (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust - she's a character with so much depth it's insane. Having a strong sense of morals, it adds to her character and how she will respond and act in certain situations. That and her powers in an alternate universe were seen to of become combustible somehow.

Blindfold - her vast psonic powers are still being revealed, with hints of telepathy being alluded to. Add that to the fact that she appears to be a powerful precog with a mysterious past and her bother too.

Armor - she has been shown to certainly have potential to become an X-Man and she has been trained by Wolverine, making her capable of holding her own.

#28 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust - because she is the most visibly, mentally, and spiritually different X-Man ever!!!

Trance - she showed some initiative, growth and team work during Necrosha and some other X-Men Legacy issues, but that was it.... I think someone should put her back on track!! Plus her powers are cool!!!

Mercury - she's been taken a beating emotionally and physically and thrown in the background I really feel like that's disrespect to her character!!!

#29 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

Indra
Loa
Specter
#30 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually... I got another three:

Indra - who got a major power upgrade but was then never brought back into the lime-light again!! (Besides that trip to India!) It's great seeing a pacifist struggling with his inner demons!!!

Gentle - He's like a younger/black version of Strong Guy... which is interesting and creates conflict with his heart and religion much like what Indra and Dust fight through and against!!!

Match - because he really never got ANY character development... I'd say out of the whole New X-Men series, Match was the only student who really didn't get a turn for attention story-wise!!

#31 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir

Armor (make her cool)

Blindfold

#32 Posted by poisonfleur (3029 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the younger characters, I choose:

Surge

Pixie

Armor

Stepfords C

and

Jubilee

#33 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

Indra
Loa
Specter

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

#34 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

Indra
Loa
Specter

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

Actually I don't think he was, but I'm not 100% on that.

#35 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

Indra
Loa
Specter

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

Actually I don't think he was, but I'm not 100% on that.

Nevermind I'll do the research. I keep my New Xmen comics neatly placed because they're what got me back to comics.

#36 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

Indra
Loa
Specter

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

Actually I don't think he was, but I'm not 100% on that.

Nevermind I'll do the research. I keep my New Xmen comics neatly placed because they're what got me back to comics.

Nice. I enjoyed it myself, but to be honest...dead or not...I don't think it even matters anymore and as a fan of comics it hurts me to say that out loud or on the internet but Marvel has gotten pretty lax on the death and rebirth card rather recently so there... I'll say it doesn't matter as much as it should and end my rant.

#37 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

Indra
Loa
Specter

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

Actually I don't think he was, but I'm not 100% on that.

Nevermind I'll do the research. I keep my New Xmen comics neatly placed because they're what got me back to comics.

Nice. I enjoyed it myself, but to be honest...dead or not...I don't think it even matters anymore and as a fan of comics it hurts me to say that out loud or on the internet but Marvel has gotten pretty lax on the death and rebirth card rather recently so there... I'll say it doesn't matter as much as it should and end my rant.

But they haven't really been lax on death concerning underdeveloped undermarketed or niche characters. I mean Synch is still dead right.

#38 Posted by Deathbird (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said: DITTO

Hellion

Elixir

Surge

X-23 #17
#39 Edited by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

Indra
Loa
Specter

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

Actually I don't think he was, but I'm not 100% on that.

Nevermind I'll do the research. I keep my New Xmen comics neatly placed because they're what got me back to comics.

Nice. I enjoyed it myself, but to be honest...dead or not...I don't think it even matters anymore and as a fan of comics it hurts me to say that out loud or on the internet but Marvel has gotten pretty lax on the death and rebirth card rather recently so there... I'll say it doesn't matter as much as it should and end my rant.

But they haven't really been lax on death concerning underdeveloped undermarketed or niche characters. I mean Synch is still dead right.

I call Warlock! lol

But honestly that's just because I don't really like him as a character if anything. XD

Edit: That's a joke I know he isn't underdeveloped, but that is the joke. But if anything I think Doug/Warlock sort of shows that even if a character isn't a super fan base favorite that they can be at least interesting with some spotlight thrown their way.

#40 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queen's Halo said:

Blindfold - This character has so much potential. Story-wise her brother still hasn't been revealed. Power-wise like Destiny she could learn to be an effective long range attacker. Also her power as they are aren't yet fully revealed, at least that's how it seems to me - she has the potential of being a telepath with powers equal to the likes of Emma and Rachel or even more. And maybe she could have some lasting effects from being possessed by Prometheus.

Cipher - She too has a mysterious threat that still hasn't been revealed. Plus with her powers she could be a quite valuable infiltrator.

Graymalkin - I'm a sucker for a humble, mistreated gay character. So that's the only reason. Plus the X-Men need variety - not only WASPs.

WASPs = Women Against Scrabble Players?????

personally I'd like to see more focus on all of the New X-men team from the Kyle and Yost run....also I want Kyle and Yost back writing the book

#41 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

WASPs = Women Against Scrabble Players?????

Nope. White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. You got to know your literary archetypes.

Online
#42 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queen's Halo said:

@danhimself said:

WASPs = Women Against Scrabble Players?????

Nope. White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. You got to know your literary archetypes.

Women Against Scrabble Players isn't a literary archetype?

#43 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

Indra
Loa
Specter

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

@Steps said:

@Soulstealer said:

And yes I know Specter was depowered, but I like shadow/darkness form and think it's an underused power in Marvel. Besides he could always become something more than background.

But wasn't Specter in the bus along with the other students, I mean I understand using a depowered but a dead depowered.

Actually I don't think he was, but I'm not 100% on that.

Nevermind I'll do the research. I keep my New Xmen comics neatly placed because they're what got me back to comics.

Nice. I enjoyed it myself, but to be honest...dead or not...I don't think it even matters anymore and as a fan of comics it hurts me to say that out loud or on the internet but Marvel has gotten pretty lax on the death and rebirth card rather recently so there... I'll say it doesn't matter as much as it should and end my rant.

But they haven't really been lax on death concerning underdeveloped undermarketed or niche characters. I mean Synch is still dead right.

I call Warlock! lol

But honestly that's just because I don't really like him as a character if anything. XD

Edit: That's a joke I know he isn't underdeveloped, but that is the joke. But if anything I think Doug/Warlock sort of shows that even if a character isn't a super fan base favorite that they can be at least interesting with some spotlight thrown their way.

Any character can be interesting given a competent writer but it's just too bad that we end up loving some of these low status characters that have a 1 in a million chance of being given spotlight.

#44 Edited by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: This, she is true. lol

But the low status characters tend to be the most interesting because they haven't been explored to death. Though I don't believe in new for the sake of new I'll be the first to admit that some characters given direction (even new direction) is pure awesomeness.

My best example isn't even an X-universe character. New Loki is one of my favorite characters of all time I think. He's new and old in one package and the way he fits into the new Asgard is tenuous and showstopping at once. And he's my proof that you can breathe new life into classic characters and his (Journey Into Mystery) series says you can create a whole plethora of new ones and likewise new relationships and not have it seem forced.

#45 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Bling!, Match, Trance

#47 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

Bling!, Match, Trance

Urgh, really?

#48 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

The younger X-Men I would like to get on page time are:

Surge: I agree she has cool powers and loads of potential. I feel she was sort of thrown under the bus in terms of characterization so X-23 and Pixie could get more on page time over the last few years.

Mercury: I have always liked her power. Her powers might be a copy of the T-1000 from Terminator 2 but I think they interesting. I think she would benefit from more development of her powers and of her character.
I would love to see her get some more control over her powers.

Rockslide: I love how Santo almost always manages to say the wrong thing. His powers are interesting as well, being able to reconstitute himself out of earth in the general area is cool. I must admit I like Rockslide/Santo's character more than I like his powers.

Also while I do not think Hellion needs any more attention I wish they would stop portraying him as the creep in the background learing at people.

What he said.

#49 Edited by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@Mutant God said:

Bling!, Match, Trance

Urgh, really?

yeah I think they are more stories that they could do and they have useful powers why not?
#50 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Just three?! Well okay.

Wind Dancer. I truly miss her and her powers. I hope she return to the X-men with her control over the wind again. She was such a lovely person in spirit and in general.

Dust. She represents a lot of good thing in a complex package. And her powers are pretty impressive. I think she is mature enough and skills enough to be a part of the X-men.

Blindfold. Precogs are cool. And she can see better than others can. Maybe if they made her some kind of martial arts expert like Psylocke she could get more cool points. But i would like to see her developed more. She also needs less literal name.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.