Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Well, they were right( BIGGEST SPOILEEEEER EVER!!!!!!!!!)

• 116 results
    Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

So the Phoenix has repowered the mutants and... Well, Cyke was right... What d'ya think?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Why is Cyclops wearing a face guard in Uncanny? Seriously I don't get it? Are they going to punish him with a lifetime of welding?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

They were right...but the whole thing was garbage, like, everything, starting with Wanda and Hope's "no more Phoenix" tribunal.

Goodness me.

Oh, and, could some tell my why Magneto's apparently "WANTED" ? What, was it because of his participation in X-Men Legacy #274 ? LOL.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheCrowbar: I think it's just a huge visor that prevents him from optic blasting folks.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

But seriously, Wanda Maximoff murdered 4-5 honorary Avengers, decimated an entire species due to 'daddy issues' but somehow managed to not find herself in jail. Cyclops on the other hand, does, because Tony Stark and his fellow Avengers are incapable of calculating 1 + 1 ? Right.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Rickbarry said:

@TheCrowbar: I think it's just a huge visor that prevents him from optic blasting folks.

Then what's the visor for?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheCrowbar: I've no idea. Maybe they didn't want to even chance taking it off because he could blast them? *Shrugs*

@AgeofHurricane: Wanda, Rulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Hulk are well known for killing folks, but if Cap can use you? It's all forgiven. Which makes him the largest douche of all time.

EDIT: Forgot about Wolverine.

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vulshock

I also find it a little weird that Cyclops is in jail while Wanda is free to go. Also cap saying the end doesn't justify the means while having a man, who has murdered hundreds of people behind him felt a little weird.

But i think it opens up for some interesting stories with so many new mutants.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

@TheCrowbar said:

@Rickbarry said:

Then what's the visor for?

Same thing. The visor is worn to block his eye beams. When he uses his beams, he's opening the visor mechanically. It never passes through.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry: Let's not talk about Cap, silly little cry baby:

Sorry, Cap, but Cyclops DID in fact, win, and the Avengers, lost.
    Sorry, Cap, but Cyclops DID in fact, win, and the Avengers, lost.

i kinda had to laugh at that, considering cap and his band of misfits this started this mess. LOL.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah. I was amused with how they didn't make a move to attack Hope once she gained the force. I mean...wtf...you started attacking the P5 members as soon as you were able. Heck Colossus even saved a few Avengers. You could have just, ya know, waited to see what would have happened.

The real winners of AvX? Illyana and Piotr. They got a piece of the Phoenix, wrecked the Avengers whenever they attacked and are somehow the only two members not currently wanted.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By John Valentine

Pity what, flatscan Cap?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By DATNIGGA

@TheCrowbar: @AgeofHurricane:

Cap started this & wanda has caused more damage than Cyke yet he just ignores this.... that is so backwards lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

Cyclops got what he deserved, the prick. Cyclops started this stupid event off and Cyclops is ultimately responsible. Far more so than Cap and the Avengers. Justice has been served on Cyclops if you ask me.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Aiden Cross

One of these days i should start reading this event beyond issue 5 >_>

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Lvenger:Cap started the war. By threatening the X-Men and telling them they had no choice in the matter. That is an act of war. The Avengers were also wrong when it came to the intentions of the Phoenix. Then they cause the Phoenix to be split to five people who were not meant to be the host. Then they continued to attack the Phoenix Five even though they committed no crimes at the time until they finally did turn into villains. Scott may have done many horrible things, but the Avengers were the cause to the effect.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine said:

Pity what, flatscan Cap?

LOL

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

@AgeofHurricane: Technically Magneto started it by being a bad father, tho the argument can also be made that Hitler is responsible for putting Magneto's people into concentration camps leading Magneto to become among other things a terrible father.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123

Cyke was actually right about the Phoenix?

Goddamn.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Cap was trying to get Scott to peacefully hand over Hope and work together to stop the PF. Cyclops shot first anyway. He started the war not Cap. And whilst they were wrong, as I've stressed before, none of the characters knew what the PF was going to do like we do. If this happened in the real world, the Avengers would be far more in the right than the X-Men. And absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Phoenix 5 may have been trying to create a utopia but they went about it in utterly the wrong way. Ever heard of the Twilight Zone? It's referenced in X-Men Legacy 629 and is one amongst a myriad of examples of why beings with absolute power with the best intentions screw everything up. That's why characters like Superman don't try and overthrow the regime with their powers.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@joshmightbe said:

@AgeofHurricane: Technically Magneto started it by being a bad father, tho the argument can also be made that Hitler is responsible for putting Magneto's people into concentration camps leading Magneto to become among other things a terrible father.

You may as well blame Magneto's sperm for passing on the X-gene to Wanda. It was Wanda's inability to house the power she had that drove her insane, not daddy issues.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@AgeofHurricane: i asked myself the same question. he helped the avengers fight the P5. and its only him along with the PF on the posters. so not a general thing for mutants. WTH marvel??

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@InnerVenom123: but he went about doing it like he always does it. being THE ULTIMATE DOUCHE. and it was a huge gamble. plus hope managed to do it thanks to iron fist's training. to which she wouldve never had access to if the avengers never interviened. so if the avengers had stayed out of this the planet wouldve most probable be a smouldering rock.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Lvenger: War starts with the invasion not the first shots fired

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

@John Valentine: Or the Celestials for adding the X-gene to the human genome in the first place.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@Jonny_Anonymous: Cap didn't order his forces onto Utopia until the first shot had been fired.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Lvenger:What's peaceful about threatening someone with an army? And the reason Superman doesn't overthrow governments is because his stories would stray away from the Superhero formula.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Lvenger:What's peaceful about threatening someone with an army? And the reason Superman doesn't overthrow governments is because his stories would stray away from the Superhero formula.

What's peaceful about waging war over an epistemically unlikely probability to the characters in the story that the PF won't destroy the Earth and the 7 billion people on it?

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Lvenger:I never argued that Scott and the X-Men were or acted peacefully. You do so with the Avengers even though they threatened them with an army.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lvenger

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Lvenger:I never argued that Scott and the X-Men were or acted peacefully. You do so with the Avengers even though they threatened them with an army.

Well this was a poorly written event anyway. The Avengers would have done what I said if they were in character and had proper writers writing the story. This event has been poorly written and really hashed. And it's still better than Fear Itself.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@Jonny_Anonymous: actually no. wars start with a first shot. world war 1 started that way. a guy got shot. BOOM! war.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@theTimeStreamer: that was just one war

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@Jonny_Anonymous: i dont pretend to know every war but most start that way. no country just outward invades another without any sort of provocation. cyke shot first. so did solo.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: i dont pretend to know every war but most start that way. no country just outward invades another without any sort of provocation. cyke shot first. so did solo.

Cap invaded his home and attempted kidnap, I would have shot him in the face

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheCrowbar

@theTimeStreamer said:

Was that when he came to Cap's aid during Siege or when he helped the Avengers hunt down Cable?

What was his "first" shot?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@theTimeStreamer said:

Cap invaded his home and attempted kidnap, I would have shot him in the face

As Rogue would say, damn right.

@theTimeStreamer: The Avengers interfered and we almost lost planet Earth, had they not, the PF, naturally, would have left Earth or reincarnated Jean Grey. The actions of the P5 all originate from Tony Stark, no matter how bad you try to spin it.

but then, it's over now, and Scott was right, now, all Cap wants to do is cry like a big baby in Wolverine's hairy bosoms. Yeah.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@Jonny_Anonymous: that happened after he tried it the nice way. but the douche shot him.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@AgeofHurricane: no cyke was not right. he thinks he is but he is so far up his own ass its pathetic. hope couldnt do it. not with the 'training' the x-men gave her. only through iron fist's training, the knowledge of kun lun and the help of scarlet witch did she succeed. if only some idiot hadnt refused the help of the avengers in the beginning. the planet wouldve been destroyed if cyke had had it his way. there is no doubt of that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: that happened after he tried it the nice way. but the douche shot him.

I would have shot him as well, as would every person in the world if he just invaded there home also what "nice way" did Cap try?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Man, Cykes has picked up a bit from Emma. Trolling Cap like that.

No Caption Provided
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@theTimeStreamer said:

@AgeofHurricane: no cyke was not right. he thinks he is but he is so far up his own ass its pathetic. hope couldnt do it. not with the 'training' the x-men gave her. only through iron fist's training, the knowledge of kun lun and the help of scarlet witch did she succeed. if only some idiot hadnt refused the help of the avengers in the beginning. the planet wouldve been destroyed if cyke had had it his way. there is no doubt of that.

Lol Cyke was right. Thanks.

And if it's of any consolation, Wanda did not help crap, all she did was stick her fat nose where it wasn't concerned. Just like the rest of her associates do. It's her fault all of this even happened, but all she could do at the time was turn the discussion into a "woe is me" display, that's pathetic if you ask me.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By theTimeStreamer

i see there is no reasoning with you people. oh well. your loss.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lvenger

Cyclops was only right because of the fact the Marvel writers writing this event intended it to end up this way. Cyclops had no way of knowing and he played the massive douche card in hedging his bets on one horse with 7 billion lives at stake. Disgraceful.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheCrowbar

@joshmightbe said:

IT'S ALL HITLERS FAULT! LETS GANK HIM! Oh wait...

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@Lvenger: wasting your time, bub.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Veitha: I'm calling BS on this.

The actions of Cyclops and the Phoenix Five lead to the deaths of how many innocent civilians in Wakanda, NYC and elsewhere?

How does that justify the result. This is garbage and it doesn't make Cyclops right on this.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Crash_Recovery: Cyk said the PF was going to restart the mutant race and that's what it did, so he was right. The P5 where created because the Avengers kept interfering

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Crash_Recovery: Avengers.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Crash_Recovery:Did Cyclops predict that the Phoenix was coming to earth to restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Did the Phoenix come to earth to restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Did the Phoenix restore the X-Gene? Yes.

Cyclops was right!

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: lemme ask you this. why didnt the pf do what you just said the first time it connected to hope? or while it was split in 5?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.