Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

We didnt see jean and cable

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you like see teen Jean Grey and Cable? After secret wars do you think is possible? I think is a interesting meetig

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Jean and Cable? No.

The idea of revisiting old storylines and relationships through the eyes of these characters, was cool when the series first started. But now, after 42 issues of them doing nothing to address even obvious issues like Archangel....well it's kind of lost it's appeal.

Why see Teen Jean and Cable? So she can be shocked at another twist for her future?...it seems she's pretty much had that "development" already by being shocked at the outcome of Xorna, and that her family was killed...at this point even meeting Rachel would just be laying it on too thick.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah not really....

Bendis basically gave her and Rachel a panel... He wasn't going to get Cable involved...

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually she meet rachel in the first issues

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I've said this in another forum but she should arrange a dinner party with all her future kids, Rachel, Nate and Cable.... but then Maddie should show up and in the end Maddie and teenJean could have a good relationship because without jean there would be no Maddie... plus I wanna see Nate and Rachel meet... And since Emma said she is returning to the hellfire club Maddie could be their redqueen and wanna recruit teenJean as her warrior red princess...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I actually really hated when Scott would act Fatherly to a man with way more life experience then he had, so I hope we don't any annoying family stuff with Cable and teen Jean.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

I actually really hated when Scott would act Fatherly to a man with way more life experience then he had, so I hope we don't any annoying family stuff with Cable and teen Jean.

I always thought that was kind of weird too.. not from Cyclops' perspective so much, since it makes sense that when he sees Cable he sees his lost son, whom he did help raise in the future.. but the way Cable sort of just went with it when you'd think his age would give him a different perspective on it than Cyclops.

I guess it's one of those things you have to chalk up to most writers who've written Cable never having been as old as him and thus not considering that perspective..

..like how most people who write comics for a living have a hard time writing a convincing depiction of a science genius..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I always thought that was kind of weird too.. not from Cyclops' perspective so much, since it makes sense that when he sees Cable he sees his lost son, whom he did help raise in the future.. but the way Cable sort of just went with it when you'd think his age would give him a different perspective on it than Cyclops.

I guess it's one of those things you have to chalk up to most writers who've written Cable never having been as old as him and thus not considering that perspective..

..like how most people who write comics for a living have a hard time writing a convincing depiction of a science genius..

The funny thing is that Cable's actually makes more sense, since there are many adults who actually do regress when in the presence of a parental figure, small children, old friends etc....

It's really not all that weird when you ignore the fact that Cable is pushing 70...but I think it has alot to do with artist since the 90's drawing Cable to look anywhere from younger then Scott to elderly to anywhere inbetween depending on the type of drama.

This man looks older then even current Cable
    This man looks older then even current Cable
    35 years old ...tops
    35 years old ...tops
    Looks about the same age as Jean
    Looks about the same age as Jean
    About 5 to 10 years older then Scott
    About 5 to 10 years older then Scott
    Older then Scott and Jean by like 30 years
    Older then Scott and Jean by like 30 years
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays: Yeesh!

I guess since I mostly stuck to the main X-men books at the time, I kinda forgot how much substandard art coming out of Marvel in the 90's..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: oh yea....i think Cable's about the worst offender on the X-Men side of things because he still pulls it off today, but i think they've got a better point of reference for him then whatever it used to be....

**Though special consideration has to be made for Polaris who found multiple artist in everything i've read pre-Austin who couldn't agree on anything about her hair from panel to panel in a single book accept that it was green(ish).

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler: oh yea....i think Cable's about the worst offender on the X-Men side of things because he still pulls it off today, but i think they've got a better point of reference for him then whatever it used to be....

**Though special consideration has to be made for Polaris who found multiple artist in everything i've read pre-Austin who couldn't agree on anything about her hair from panel to panel in a single book accept that it was green(ish).

we still didnt see adult scott and hope meet after avx........

also i wouldnt mind hope and teen jean meeting

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I'd actually have liked for some sort of Adult Cyke and Hope hate each other, but young Cyke thinks Hope is a cool gun toting timetravel chick type story. It would've made for a deep but fun issue....and really illustrates why the O5 were just full of wasted potential.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I'd actually have liked for some sort of Adult Cyke and Hope hate each other, but young Cyke thinks Hope is a cool gun toting timetravel chick type story. It would've made for a deep but fun issue....and really illustrates why the O5 were just full of wasted potential.

hope did dislike adult cyclops and blamed him for cable's death. now hope is in charge of x-force which is kinda wrong showing teens kill bad guys

i cant wait for secret wars to be over tbh. also marvel said after secret wars 8 months later the marvel universe will never be the same. they got to stop doing that, ugh

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

hope did dislike adult cyclops and blamed him for cable's death. now hope is in charge of x-force which is kinda wrong showing teens kill bad guys

i cant wait for secret wars to be over tbh. also marvel said after secret wars 8 months later the marvel universe will never be the same. they got to stop doing that, ugh

Lol check the new books... Uncanny is the New X-Force

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.