Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Way to ruin an awesome series

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dman1366

Just read WatX 10. seriously disappointing. Finally have a good writer for Iceman and Rachel and now their gone. Why would they even start a book and ruin it a couple months down the road. I am about to swear off new books entirely and just stick to the old stuff. when books were fun to read.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

It was rough I hated how they let the AVX seriousness affect the school. However, I'm sure they will be back or replaced the X-Men shuffle is becoming a popular move at Marvel HQ

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dman1366

@Blood1991: This was one of the best books marvel was putting out, the banter was funny. the action was awesome. The kids were mischievous. The teachers were hooking up with eachother. now it's all gone to shit. God dammit hahahah

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@Dman1366: Its a tie in most tie ins suck Ill give it another issue or two before I get upset.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

Just read WatX 10. seriously disappointing. Finally have a good writer for Iceman and Rachel and now their gone. Why would they even start a book and ruin it a couple months down the road. I am about to swear off new books entirely and just stick to the old stuff. when books were fun to read.

Read the issue.

Second to that, this issue was superbly-written and in character for both characters. It managed to continue the ongoing plot threads in the series whilst simultaneously tying it in to AvX.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

Second to that, this issue was superbly-written and in character for both characters. It managed to continue the ongoing plot threads in the series whilst simultaneously tying it in to AvX.

I agree with this.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: i did read it. i love arrons writing, dont get me wrong. i just hate the seriousness. the only funny thing is when scott gets eaten and kitty is talking to emma. other than that its shit. what these teachers who claimed that they loved the kids just bail? i think not. im not mad at you. i am just mad at all these lines in the sand.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dman1366

on the better note, however. the art was way better and more discernible. The writing was fabulous as always. and i love the parts with Genesis

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: i did read it. i love arrons writing, dont get me wrong. i just hate the seriousness. the only funny thing is when scott gets eaten and kitty is talking to emma. other than that its shit. what these teachers who claimed that they loved the kids just bail? i think not. im not mad at you. i am just mad at all these lines in the sand.

Iceman even said he'd be back after, and gave perfectly valid reason for, supporting Scott.

I'm pretty sure Rachel will be back too, she's only doing it to help Hope; she's really the only person left who has a strong chance of being able to help her control the Phoenix Force.

This outcome is temporary and relatively inconsequential for WaTXM as a book after AvX.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Iceman even said he'd be back after, and gave perfectly valid reason for, supporting Scott.

I'm pretty sure Rachel will be back too, she's only doing it to help Hope; she's really the only person left who has a strong chance of being able to help her control the Phoenix Force.

This outcome is temporary and relatively inconsequential for WaTXM as a book after AvX.

i never really gave too much notice to that. idk, I just wish this book got a little more in depth before the AvX got dumped on it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 :

But Aaron is still continuing the plot threads he set up earlier in the series....

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: this is true

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: this is true

In this issue alone we get development on Genesis' Nature vs Nurture plot thread, Iceman's reaction to Warren's rebirth as NuAngel, Wolverine/Cyclops' relationship, Genesis/Angel's relationship, Warren's new form and abilities, Rachel's feelings of obligation to help Hope master her Phoenix powers and more info on Iceman's Schism stance etc.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: we knew iceman stance. in ish 1 he says im only here because you need my help. i just hoped that kitty and his relationship would convince him to stay, Although i do understand that him and cyc were the very first xmen and they have been through hell and back. Like i said, i love the genesis plot and the new shia'ar plot. plus on ish 14. it looks like FF will come in to help

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: we knew iceman stance. in ish 1 he says im only here because you need my help. i just hoped that kitty and his relationship would convince him to stay, Although i do understand that him and cyc were the very first xmen and they have been through hell and back. Like i said, i love the genesis plot and the new shia'ar plot. plus on ish 14. it looks like FF will come in to help

Still, it's good to have reconfirmation.

Shi'ar plot involves the Death Commandos, Gladiator, and Kid Gladiator too, and will most definitely tie into AvX.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: at the end of WatX they say that they are to kill any xmen that stands in the way so i would say yes. Ugh i just want wolverine to man the fuck up and be with the xmen. It's not even like he is with the Avengers, Cap and Pymm just beat the hell outta him

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Kallarkz

So Ice-man is heading over to the extinction team?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dman1366

@Kallarkz: not sure. I hope not, i really enjoyed how aaron wrote him

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: at the end of WatX they say that they are to kill any xmen that stands in the way so i would say yes. Ugh i just want wolverine to man the fuck up and be with the xmen. It's not even like he is with the Avengers, Cap and Pymm just beat the hell outta him

I got the impression from his line of "I wonder who will get hurt if I don't pop my claws", his conversation with Scott which played on his sense of being an X-Man, and that emotional plee from Idie that he will side with the X-Men/Hope.

@Kallarkz said:

So Ice-man is heading over to the extinction team?

No, he's just helping Scott during AvX.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: i agree. i mean it makes sense. i have faith that aaron will balance this out well. i cannot say the same for the other tie ins.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobby is friends with Logan, Logan needs help, Bobby goes to help Logan = Cool

Bobby is friends with Scott, Scott needs help, Bobby goes to help Scott = So terrible that a good book instantly becomes 'ruined'

Really dude? As for helping kids, I'm pretty sure Hope is a kid too, and as JV said, Rachel is pretty much the leading authority on the PF, how could she not go.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: i agree. i mean it makes sense. i have faith that aaron will balance this out well. i cannot say the same for the other tie ins.

That said, Kieron Gillen's AvX tie-in, the last issue of Uncanny X-Men, was superb.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RogueOracle

I don't think Rach and Bobby are leaving, just joining the X-Men side for the fight.I'm over the tie-ins. I want actual stories. Though Wolverine and the X-Men was really well written. I want Cyke to be written this way all the time.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24  Edited By x_29

Well...sucks to be with you.

MonsieurShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By MonsieurShogun

I agree WatX was introduced in a rather rude way to the big event, especially since between the x-books WatX has its own feel. However, even for a tie-in, it deals with some important plot points explored throughout the series, such as the concern of Iceman about the new Warren; the friendship between new Warren and Genesis, the seemingly unavoidable fate of him becoming Apocalypse and all of that.

Personally, I like how these last couple of issues have been more character development driven than action packaged. It's a nice change.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dman1366

I admitted that it was a little overzealous to say the book was ruined. I didn't look at the big picture, I was just frustrated with the AvX tie-ins. I admitted that the writing, plots lines, and characters were perfect. And this series is still one of the best Marvel is putting out.

Renascence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Renascence

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

I agree.

Plus, their involvement and their temporary departure is probably the meatiest characterization they've gotten in a long time. Rachel's past with the Phoenix Force is being used in a relevant manner and Iceman is proving himself a good friend and thoughtful hero (redeeming him from that arrogant kiss on Pryde).

Also, I don't think losing Rachel and Iceman would have the capability of ruining the book.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Renascence said:

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

I agree.

Plus, their involvement and their temporary departure is probably the meatiest characterization they've gotten in a long time. Rachel's past with the Phoenix Force is being used in a relevant manner and Iceman is proving himself a good friend and thoughtful hero (redeeming him from that arrogant kiss on Pryde).

Also, I don't think losing Rachel and Iceman would have the capability of ruining the book.

I agree. I think that the book will still do well even without Iceman and Rachel being there. They might probably replace them with some other characters or still try to keep the story going without them.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John Valentine

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Renascence said:

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

I agree.

I agree. I think that the book will still do well even without Iceman and Rachel being there. They might probably replace them with some other characters or still try to keep the story going without them.

It's an entirely non-issue, though. They'll both be back after AvX.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By ReVamp

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

It was superbly-written, but the fact is: Anything tied to AvX is going to be crap.

#DrankMyHaterJuice

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By John Valentine

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

It was superbly-written, but the fact is: Anything tied to AvX is going to be crap.

#DrankMyHaterJuice

I disagree. This issue read with exactly the same feel as others in the series and continued on several plot threads that had already been set up previously.

Avengers, Avengers Academy and New Avengers tie-ins aside, I'm enjoying AvX.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By ReVamp

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

@Dman1366 said:

Read the issue.

#DrankMyHaterJuice

I disagree. This issue read with exactly the same feel as others in the series and continued on several plot threads that had already been set up previously.

Avengers, Avengers Academy and New Avengers tie-ins aside, I'm enjoying AvX.

It did and it was great writing, but its part of a story that is beyond stupidity. So while it feels the same as others, I just can't get myself to like it.

I will never understand that. AvX is atrocious.

MonsieurShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MonsieurShogun

I still can't find how WatX chronologically fits in AvX... after the battle in Utopia, the Avengers and X-Men were immediately searching for Hope. During a argument/fight with Cap, the Avengers dropped Logan in the arctic where he finds Hope. Together they go to the moon (as wacky as it sounds), find the Avengers and the X-Men there when suddenly wild Phoenix appears!

OK, got dat, but in WatX #10 he's in the school when the X-Men led by Cyclops arrive. It is assumed that this visit was after the battle in Utopia... so where the hell is the continuity?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.