Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

was jean using phoenix power or her own in new x-men?

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992  Online

I'm having a hard time figuring out of jean was really using her own power reserves for all her feats in new x-men or whether she was tapping into the phoenix force in order to do it all. I know she technically only becomes phoenix after logan kills her but the phoenix was in her prior to that, so was she tapping into it or simply using her own vast power?

PS. sorry if this has done before but i couldnt find it

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Her own, but the more powerful she became the closer she got to connecting to the Phoenix. And like Rachel and Nate Grey, even without the Phoenix she creates Firebirds and the like when she uses her powers to certain degrees.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I've always thought it was both.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She didn't know she was already tapping into the Phoenix Force while using her powers. It started happening when she started not holding back on using her powers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: that's how i thought of it too, but then she kept referring to herself as the phoenix so like IDK anymore lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was Phoenix, even Xavier had a conversation with it.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 4U2NV

Im more tired of all of the new x-men characters there to appeal to the movie fans and younger teens than anything. Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, White Phoenix, and what is next? Im so done with Phoenix this phoenix should have never happen to jean. she was quite fine as a normal Jean. Why make her too powerful? It's the reason why she was kept dead for a long time cause writers don't seem how to handle a character who is too powerful. So why come up with the phoenix in the first place? im so done with such phoenix.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koays
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Jeans description.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: the writing was really retarded there because jean says she can't fly out in space, yet even before when she was weaker than she is there she managed to do it (the one where she chases after binary in space) >.<

anyway back on topic, for me she is being vague AF with her description of the phoenix and her powers lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: This is true. but i guess if we go with Morrison's Jean is Phoenix/Phoenix is Jean explanation then the Phoenix and Jean are only seperated by a invisible barrier which comes down when she dies.

Otherwise i got nothing. Jean is weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I want to write my own x-men comics and have it considered as cannon :'(

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: I'd humor you and say that's the dream of every fan with an opinion, but i want to be the guy that stands in the editorial team meetings for X-men and through rocks at people with redundant, wasteful, phoenix, and/or multi issue crossover ideas...... Some how your vision seems more likely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I would retcon that damn flaming cosmic bird out of existence and just make jean the omega level undisputed queen of psychics she was always meant to be </3 but yeah lol to be serious, I'm just really annoyed with inconsistencies and jobbing or making characters that are extremely powerful become back-up dancers (rachel im looking at you)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marvelfan1992  Online

@koays said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Jeans description.

No Caption Provided

what is your interpretation of what jean was saying if you don't mind my asking :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 - The way i see it, She's saying that the more of her power she explores the closer she gets too connecting with the Phoenix. She's almost saying that she and the Phoenix are connected and that their powers are the bridge, so when Jean access to much of her own power the full Phoenix can cross over and manifest in her. It's basically saying that if Jean pushes her limits too much she opens the door wide enough for the Phoenix to come through instead of just some of its power/effects, and when she dies, the shock takes down the door and the Phoenix fully enters her.
    @martinceld: Preach on my friend. Though i admit I'd much rather avoid PsyGod Jean and get her away from storybreaking power level.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.