Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Wait a minute...

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait a minute. Excuse me for not reading comics recently, but I just saw something on the Marvel wiki.

Kamala Khan's recent love interest or whatever (oh, and SPOILERS, by the way) has breathed in the gas, and had his "latent" Inhuman ability awakened.

What the heck?

So, is Marvel trying to make the Inhumans their version of their own X-Men? What? Whaaa?

Like, I just read that the Inhumans are their own race of people or whatever. Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this. So, yeah do you think Marvel is trying to do that?

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
    Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

._. I hope not

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well put it this way- A year ago no one cared who or what an Inhuman was, Now no one who isnt following comics knows who or what they are. THey've got a movie in development and alot of potential so you can't blame Marvel for not working on trying to promote them and make them bigger any way they can.

Does that make them like the X-Men....well not really. Lots of people get superpowers by exposure to chemicals. It almost seems like it would be a 90's plot by Apocalypse though to turn everyone into mutants using a gas though.... X-Men don't really have the monopoly on these things though and the Terrigien Mist has been around for a while

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Thanks for the answer. My comic ignorance blinded me to the history of Marvel's universe. I thought they decided that being Inhuman is something that can be inherited like the mutant gene.

All good. Thanks.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentyfive: Well...it can be. But in order to activate it terrigen mist (the source of Inhuman powers) has to be inhaled. Which isn't to different from how the Inhumans have always worked....just now were seeing it used on people of mixed parentage.

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.