Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

UXM30preview,the absurdity of isolation and how does it feel

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

After reading this preview, I realized something, something I have no idea why it hasn't dawned on me before. Tempus is a Bendis creation, and she gets a lot of push now. Two damn Annuals isn't something many new characters can brag about these days. She is Tempus and her powers are to bend time itself and she's a Bendis new poster girl. Bendis and time travels... oh the Almighty, we're that fracked, aren't we?

But we are, even without her haha. I don't care about his new characters, this isn't a secret. I don't even care about his Cyclops, he ruined him for me. Emma, well the less said the better. Magik is somewhat ok under his pen, but she can't hold this whole title and the lineup on her shoulders alone, so I just stopped picking this up. For a while, until I've seen Magneto is going to have an appearance in issue #28, and I won't lie it made me somewhat excited. For all his flaws, I dug Bendis' portrayal of Magneto. Of course he left him screwed with the powers, and I can't really forget House of M and its subsequences, but issue #16 and his later appearance of saving Dazzler and blowing Cyclops off made me respect maybe not his handle on a character, but at least his characterization. Well, for this I wanted to pick up the series again, with a hope of that characterization and a distant thought that maybe somewhere in his dreams Bendis heard the fans and even slightly will work on his dynamics in this book. I was wrong for either of these silly hopes.

But this, this is too much. I can't even think about how could it possibly be more laughable than THIS.

So now time travel overload is the ultimate answer to all? From o5 to this preview. So now Magneto is the one who's responsible for Charles life in a wheel-chair? In what continuity? The First Class one? lol So now Magneto is being used as a moral compass of showing that Cyclops has crossed the red line? So now this uber-ultra-mega-super-duper, one and the only, the brightest light, exclusive and exceptional mutie is taken down by missiles? (this is a wait and see situation, I know, but let's be straight, this time-overburden is happening for something isn't it?). And this thing, this lack of research and continuity respect, isn't happening just now. I want to discuss two instances that I'm sure made most of us scratch our heads intensively.

No Caption Provided

1. Why Dark Beast? What made his connection to Scott so exquisite? When in his history was it even hinted that he would have some issues with Scott Summers? What the hell even suggests that he would ever give a sh!t? The answer is...he hates Cyclops, almost as much as he hates himself.

and then this situation:

2. Now apparently Avengers have all of excuses to not deal with "mutant" issues? Why? People Mathew killed weren't from Manhattan? What difference does it make if he is a mutant or not? Remember Starbrand? The uncontrollable powerhouse that had basically the same mass wipe-out manifestation of powers? They brought all of their heavy artillery, but now they don't because... they're off planet. Is it the absurdity of this forced isolation at its purest? That's good. I don't know what's better this, or the fact they X-men have become so dependable they always seek for a guide in all the places, but not among themselves. All these mad reality warpers they dealt with, and they are still 100% incompetent. This is the massage of our flagship.

So I want to ask you guys, how does it feel to like this direction?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: nice plus i was looking for uncanny x-men 30 preview so ty

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now i miss Charles Xavier and want him back. maybe he can go with eva and see the future/preset for himself?!?!!?!?!?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea....so i had a very detailed and long reply but CV and my cellphone rallied to stop me and it didn't go through..... So I'm just gonna say I agree for now

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I pretty much agree with you..

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Yea....so i had a very detailed and long reply but CV and my cellphone rallied to stop me and it didn't go through..... So I'm just gonna say I agree for now

Happens to the best of us, I know.

@hopesummersforthefuture:

lol you're adorable you know that? :)

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pizzaman

Meh. I still like the Uncanny team. Don't really like Eva though.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yea, seems whenever i think i'm making the most ground breaking, thought provoking post of my life CV will send me that "Oops something went wrong" message and reset the page so i won't wanna post that day....(it's very suspect) but i'll try to get the gist of it.

To the Dark Beast point- It's unforgivably sloppy and poor. The fact is that this is a type of incompetence that is unforgivable, and is only seemingly accepted because of the fact that Dark Beast isn't on anybodies list of best, favorite or influential characters. Nobody cares about him so it's not a big deal, but to me you could literally replace Dark Beast with Jubilee in that issue without changing the dialogue and as stupid as it would still seem, it would actually make more sense because she and Cyclops have actually shared a panel before. Even the most avid haters of continuity know that character continuity is something that should be accounted for when giving someone a vendetta, hell anyone who knows what the word vendetta means would know that they'd have to have some sort of connection between them.

I could excuse this if it was hinted that there was more to it, or if the characters seemed more confused by it but this hasn't been addressed or hinted at whatsoever and it seems as though the matter is considered closed both in and out of universe. Which is a special level of incompetence in comic writing.

To the Avengers point- Here i give some slack for a number of reasons. The first is that I really don't like the Avengers being involved in X-Men stories. It doesn't end well and hampers the X-Men. The second is because it's not an entirely new problem to have to explain why the X-Men's world shaking problem doesn't warrant the attention of Earth's mightiest heroes. And nowadays with 100 Avengers flying around 20 to a helicarrier, I can see why you'd have to at least acknowledge that they aren't in this story that they have connections too. Basically it's a problem we'd encounter whenever a writer wants to tell a big story on this scale without the Avengers.

Personally I took what Beast was saying as him just being overly dramatic because of the hopelessness of situation. Which makes sense considering how he's always right and this moment he didn't have an answer so him overreacting because the Avenger's didn't answer his phonecall doesn't seem out of character. The way i see it the Avengers really were all in space and Beast is just frustrated that in the moment when it would be nice for him to prove Cyclops world view wrong by having the X-Men and Avenger's team up and save the day and show Scott and the world that the system works...the people he would need to stand by him aren't available....and that caused him to paint the Avengers as selfish A-holes.

On characterization- Generally I like Uncanny. I like the Cuckoo's, I like Tempus, I like the interactions. But only two of those things were characters. Cyclops i find myself more and more just liking him for the journey it took to get him here then for anything he's been doing while he's in the here and now. We have no idea what's going on with him and while that's good for making us question his place on the good guy/bad guy scale....it also makes him seem eradic and insane, since he says one minute he's training the kids for a revolution and the next that he doesn't know what he's doing. I can get showing that he still has some reluctance with his new role, but he either has a plan or he doesnt. Pick one.

Magik is Awesome, Magneto is good, most of the students don't bug me. Mystique needs to either be a major player in this book or leave it alone because she keeps dropping in an out of sight without resolving anything. Emma is....I'll say this she's not out of character, or being poorly written like most say....she's just wallpaper. Dazzler should be one of the breakout stars of this book as the teams Bad@ass after what she went through but is joining Emma in the wallpaper department.

I find it almost hilarious that no matter where i look, I like the location and the role of the characters (Dazzler as a angry and betrayed PTS person is awesome) but I can't think of anything interesting that they do. It shows that Bendis is a great idea man...but developing characters sucks for him

On time travel- I preface this by saying that I really don't like time travel. But I do like long plots where events and hints are laid out and culminate in a big finale. To me that's whats happening here.

In the same way the last big plot involved 4 years of hints, build up, questions and allusions toward Hope, The Phoenix and the return of the mutants, I think this is building up toward a big X-Men time travel event sometime in the future. Instead of seeing Firebirds, connecting to mutants, and prophecies of importance like we had with Hope....we have Bota, the O5, the Future Brotherhood, Magik, Dr, Strange, and a time traveling mutant that can go back in time when no one else can ,All of it giving us the rules for time travel and timelines repeatedly .

I don't dislike the idea of this build, though here we see Bendis' weakness in that while he is repeatedly going to the well with this idea to the point we have to know it's important, from an Inuniverse there hasn't been a single hint given that somethings up, or that somethings coming. We literally know two things: 1) Beast is going on Trial, and 2) the future is constantly changing. It's been hinted that someone (Tempus) changed the timeline before and that that is why Prof. X's actions have been so weird but really we've got nothing but a series of repeated uses of a plot device and very little hints at a plot.

All in all- I like Uncanny X-Men....I like it as the flagship.... but it has very visible flaws that have less to do with plot and more to do with writing style. Bendis is basically a guy in a room that shouts out ingredients randomly. He think's he's a genius because he's actually telling us he knows what's for lunch....but without any context he didn't prove anything except that he can yell "Pepperoni" really loud and piss off alot of people doing it....it's essentially his writing style in a nutshell.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I could write a book about what you have write, but in this moment I prefer say that I agree with you and @koays.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Yea, seems whenever i think i'm making the ground breaking, thought provoking post of my life CV will send me that "Oops something went wrong" message and reset the page so i won't wanna post that day....(it's very suspect) but i'll try to get the gist of it.

Man.... I just accidentally deleted my own "most ground breaking, thought provoking post" to answer yours.. I swear I clicked on "Edit"....

Now, you'll have to wait until tomorrow lol It left me empty for another thoughtful reply. :(

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@koays:

Yea, seems whenever i think i'm making the ground breaking, thought provoking post of my life CV will send me that "Oops something went wrong" message and reset the page so i won't wanna post that day....(it's very suspect) but i'll try to get the gist of it.

Man.... I just accidentally deleted my own "most ground breaking, thought provoking post" to answer yours.. I swear I clicked on "Edit"....

Now, you'll have to wait until tomorrow lol It left me empty for another thoughtful reply. :(

lol true story.... seriously the "Edit" button has killed enough of post to write a Game of Thrones episode.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

lol true story.... seriously the "Edit" button has killed enough of post to write a Game of Thrones episode.

You don't say... We could've started our own successful franchise =\

To the Dark Beast point- It's unforgivably sloppy and poor. The fact is that this is a type of incompetence that is unforgivable, and is only seemingly accepted because of the fact that Dark Beast isn't on anybodies list of best, favorite or influential characters. Nobody cares about him so it's not a big deal, but to me you could literally replace Dark Beast with Jubilee in that issue without changing the dialogue and as stupid as it would still seem, it would actually make more sense because she and Cyclops have actually shared a panel before. Even the most avid haters of continuity know that character continuity is something that should be accounted for when giving someone a vendetta, hell anyone who knows what the word vendetta means would know that they'd have to have some sort of connection between them.

I could excuse this if it was hinted that there was more to it, or if the characters seemed more confused by it but this hasn't been addressed or hinted at whatsoever and it seems as though the matter is considered closed both in and out of universe. Which is a special level of incompetence in comic writing.

Glad we're in agreement here.

To the Avengers point- Here i give some slack for a number of reasons. The first is that I really don't like the Avengers being involved in X-Men stories. It doesn't end well and hampers the X-Men. The second is because it's not an entirely new problem to have to explain why the X-Men's world shaking problem doesn't warrant the attention of Earth's mightiest heroes. And nowadays with 100 Avengers flying around 20 to a helicarrier, I can see why you'd have to at least acknowledge that they aren't in this story that they have connections too. Basically it's a problem we'd encounter whenever a writer wants to tell a big story on this scale without the Avengers.

Personally I took what Beast was saying as him just being overly dramatic because of the hopelessness of situation. Which makes sense considering how he's always right and this moment he didn't have an answer so him overreacting because the Avenger's didn't answer his phonecall doesn't seem out of character. The way i see it the Avengers really were all in space and Beast is just frustrated that in the moment when it would be nice for him to prove Cyclops world view wrong by having the X-Men and Avenger's team up and save the day and show Scott and the world that the system works...the people he would need to stand by him aren't available....and that caused him to paint the Avengers as selfish A-holes.

See that's the point, even if you don't like their inclusion, even if they don't going to appear, there's still that "adults know" outlook and sentiment that enslaves the X-mentality "Where are Avengers?" "Call the Avengers" "This threat is too big for us". Hell "ugly stepchildren" is totally canon now. What happened to the times when writers didn't have to mention them all the time and we as readers subconsciously knew "That's because Avengers know that X-men are the most competent guys in this area, and they're no pushovers in general, we trust them."? It's gone, it started to fade away during Decimation, and it's the canon now. Slowly, most of the writers pushed Avengers' total authority right down our throats and they don't stop patronizing the X-books even without being there lol You can say, this is not on Bendis, but I just remember recently in one of Wood's last issues Storm said "Why would we call Avengers? Avengers need to call us. We're the elite." Yeah, apparently not for Bendis who cannot even make a research to know X-men dealt with mad reality benders without his beloved and silly time travel, and without "the corporate elite".

On characterization- Generally I like Uncanny. I like the Cuckoo's, I like Tempus, I like the interactions. But only two of those things were characters. Cyclops i find myself more and more just liking him for the journey it took to get him here then for anything he's been doing while he's in the here and now. We have no idea what's going on with him and while that's good for making us question his place on the good guy/bad guy scale....it also makes him seem eradic and insane, since he says one minute he's training the kids for a revolution and the next that he doesn't know what he's doing. I can get showing that he still has some reluctance with his new role, but he either has a plan or he doesnt. Pick one.

Magik is Awesome, Magneto is good, most of the students don't bug me. Mystique needs to either be a major player in this book or leave it alone because she keeps dropping in an out of sight without resolving anything. Emma is....I'll say this she's not out of character, or being poorly written like most say....she's just wallpaper. Dazzler should be one of the breakout stars of this book as the teams Bad@ass after what she went through but is joining Emma in the wallpaper department.

I find it almost hilarious that no matter where i look, I like the location and the role of the characters (Dazzler as a angry and betrayed PTS person is awesome) but I can't think of anything interesting that they do. It shows that Bendis is a great idea man...but developing characters sucks for him

To me his Cyclops is a pale imitation of Gillen's. Maybe I'm too radical in my perception of a character, but Gillen's Consequences set the tone he needs to be written t me. Admitting his questionable morality, taking responsibility for mistakes and accepting the cost, and not this full of denial, reactive pseudo revolutionary. I judge by what I see, and using Magneto to say that "Cyclops is losing it" isn't convincing me in his edginess, his actions and achievements are not there no matter how "radical" he speeches are.

Dazzler... lol, I wonder if Bendis even knows that Magneto once tried to kill her in cold blood in one of his most notable low points since the Silver Age story haha But again, I guess it's her haircut and grim approach that makes her edgy, not the actions. Etc, etc.

On time travel- I preface this by saying that I really don't like time travel. But I do like long plots where events and hints are laid out and culminate in a big finale. To me that's whats happening here.

In the same way the last big plot involved 4 years of hints, build up, questions and allusions toward Hope, The Phoenix and the return of the mutants, I think this is building up toward a big X-Men time travel event sometime in the future. Instead of seeing Firebirds, connecting to mutants, and prophecies of importance like we had with Hope....we have Bota, the O5, the Future Brotherhood, Magik, Dr, Strange, and a time traveling mutant that can go back in time when no one else can ,All of it giving us the rules for time travel and timelines repeatedly .

I don't dislike the idea of this build, though here we see Bendis' weakness in that while he is repeatedly going to the well with this idea to the point we have to know it's important, from an Inuniverse there hasn't been a single hint given that somethings up, or that somethings coming. We literally know two things: 1) Beast is going on Trial, and 2) the future is constantly changing. It's been hinted that someone (Tempus) changed the timeline before and that that is why Prof. X's actions have been so weird but really we've got nothing but a series of repeated uses of a plot device and very little hints at a plot.

That's the problem, any time travel story is rotten at the core these day. Let me give you an example, Remender's concept of "Lord of the Seven Suns" was one of the best time-jumping concepts with seven of the most important breaking points in all continuity. In the end of the day, we had this abominable Avenge the Earth arc with its wrong morality messages while being so god damn pretentious. In the same day's end, there are no seven suns even to canonize it. There's a Hickman sun, an Aaron sun and a Bendis sun as we all know well how they love their time-travels and their own versions of "one an the only" future.

And with Bendis being at the top of this food chain, I'll tell you just one thing. Once I've dealt with one of his Avengers time-traveling arc. By its end, I couldn't read comics for a couple of days. That's all I'll say here.

All in all- I like Uncanny X-Men....I like it as the flagship.... but it has very visible flaws that have less to do with plot and more to do with writing style. Bendis is basically a guy in a room that shouts out ingredients randomly. He think's he's a genius because he's actually telling us he knows what's for lunch....but without any context he didn't prove anything except that he can yell "Pepperoni" really loud and piss off alot of people doing it....it's essentially his writing style in a nutshell.

The deal with Pepperoni, it ain't kosher =)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm said:

See that's the point, even if you don't like their inclusion, even if they don't going to appear, there's still that "adults know" outlook and sentiment that enslaves the X-mentality "Where are Avengers?" "Call the Avengers" "This threat is too big for us". Hell "ugly stepchildren" is totally canon now. What happened to the times when writers didn't have to mention them all the time and we as readers subconsciously knew "That's because Avengers know that X-men are the most competent guys in this area, and they're no pushovers in general, we trust them."? It's gone, it started to fade away during Decimation, and it's the canon now. Slowly, most of the writers pushed Avengers' total authority right down our throats and they don't stop patronizing the X-books even without being there lol You can say, this is not on Bendis, but I just remember recently in one of Wood's last issues Storm said "Why would we call Avengers? Avengers need to call us. We're the elite." Yeah, apparently not for Bendis who cannot even make a research to know X-men dealt with mad reality benders without his beloved and silly time travel, and without "the corporate elite".

Lol well your definitely right that Bendis views the Avengers as the A-team considering he helped turn them into the monster that they are now.

I still give a bit of a pass because unlike the 80's, 90's or even early 00's the Avengers are huge. And not just in popularity....the size of the group and amount of responsibilities they have are at the point where if an old lady gets hit by a car in the suburbs, you need to make an excuse for why the "Avengers: AARP" team weren't there. There's very little reason for other global super teams when there's the current Avengers teams around and with something as big as "reality warper who wipes out a city" its hard to say why they wouldn't send a team even if they had one out there already.

The "independence of the X-Men" issue is something that's really bugged me for a while. There's this issue called X-Men: Heroic Age (set around when Cap changed his costume) which i think is write before Schism and after 2nd Coming. The X-Men have just saved San Fran and are being offered a Medal by the President but Cyclops is hesistant because he thinks it might interfere with what he's trying to do with mutants on Utopia. Captain America shows up and basically says that the X-Men need to stop fending for themselves so much and join the greater Marvel Universe so that they can all work together. Despite the X-Men having just saved the day while everyone else watched, despite the fact that their was another attack on mutants prior to this, and despite the fact that all Cap would have to do to offer his support is be there the next time something happens. Basically what he's asking is for the X-Men to call the Avengers for help when situations get big, and yet at no point does the opposite happen. We then get the Schism and the opening of the JGS where two thirds of the leaders were off the Avengers and they were more closely aligned with the Avengers then the other X-Men team. The JGS was built with no teeth, so it's no surprise they can't take on planetary threats....but in Marvels effort to move the X-Men closer to the MU, they've basically been disarming them of any of the strengths they had when they were on their own. And while i can accept that as the current reality of the situation, it bugs me that this direction was chosen at every turn.

@adamtrmm said:

To me his Cyclops is a pale imitation of Gillen's. Maybe I'm too radical in my perception of a character, but Gillen's Consequences set the tone he needs to be written t me. Admitting his questionable morality, taking responsibility for mistakes and accepting the cost, and not this full of denial, reactive pseudo revolutionary. I judge by what I see, and using Magneto to say that "Cyclops is losing it" isn't convincing me in his edginess, his actions and achievements are not there no matter how "radical" he speeches are.

Dazzler... lol, I wonder if Bendis even knows that Magneto once tried to kill her in cold blood in one of his most notable low points since the Silver Age story haha But again, I guess it's her haircut and grim approach that makes her edgy, not the actions. Etc, etc.

Honestly I think your right about his Cyclops. I mean really it's obvious that the character hasn't evolved or had any real developments since the series started until the current arc. So other then seeing his past self (which he ignored) he hasn't really had any moral shaking moments. So buy that logic if he hasn't changed then he should be the same character as he was in the first issue....which was Gillen's Cyclops. And yet he's not this fallen hero who's resigned to his role as enemy to the world in spite of his goals, he really seems to just be struggling to figure out what he's doing and just sort of reacting to things. And the fact is for all the "he's out of control" "you've crossed the line" and "Scott Summers is evil" comments that he gets....he actually seems to be much more humble about his goals and objectives with doubts and concerns about his actions. I mean really he seems well adjusted and not as blind to his actions as other characters keep saying without much proof.

Well Dazzler was on Utopia so maybe she and Magneto....woah, woah, woah. sorry i tried to put continuity in a Bendis story. Lets all just look at how traumatized Dazzler looks and ignore any history or the fact that she doesn't say or do anything to further her character. Because a lack of actions is what really moves a story forward.

@adamtrmm said:

That's the problem, any time travel story is rotten at the core these day. Let me give you an example, Remender's concept of "Lord of the Seven Suns" was one of the best time-jumping concepts with seven of the most important breaking points in all continuity. In the end of the day, we had this abominable Avenge the Earth arc with its wrong morality messages while being so god damn pretentious. In the same day's end, there are no seven suns even to canonize it. There's a Hickman sun, an Aaron sun and a Bendis sun as we all know well how they love their time-travels and their own versions of "one an the only" future.

And with Bendis being at the top of this food chain, I'll tell you just one thing. Once I've dealt with one of his Avengers time-traveling arc. By its end, I couldn't read comics for a couple of days. That's all I'll say here.

That's actually pretty cryptic and it concerns me that he did a time travel arc and then came to X-Men to do another....

Your right about time travel stories being rotten. There too overused, and honestly i blame editorial for seeing 4 time travel stories coming up and then saying "Hey, lets skip all the books forward 50 years to see what the future will be like!".

I can only hope that Bendis has this planned out beyond "X-Men + time travel + Me = $$$". As I write this i can say that if he truly has a plan it could be arguably one of the greatest builds toward something and may even overshadow the funk of timetravel filling the market the way it has. But at the same time even the example of the last big arc with the Mutant Messiah (which had way more potential even at it's low points) sort of ended up fizzling out into nothingness.....so yea heres to Hopes and Dreams of Bendis being competent.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays:

I'm from my phone, so it's super-uncomfortable to make a long response here for reasons recently discussed lol For now, I'll just say that in my post's previous incarnation I actually mentioned Starbrand whose situation and manifestation of powers was almost identical to Malloy's, only with lesser bodycount. Avengers made no excuses but brought Thor, Hulk, Hyperion and Ms.Marvel, some of their most prominent heavy-weights without much of discussion, just a threat to be dealt with, no matter mutant or not. The point is, Beast hinting that Avengers are blowing him off makes little sense even within the shared universe and things that need acknowledgement.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: i see your point,. I'm just bias enough against the Avengers that i'm like "Yes! finally Beast understands!". I wouldn't be averse to this arc ending with Captain America or Old Man Rogers having a conversation with Beast or attempting to return his communication. Just something small so that it doesn't look like the Avengers were ready to launch the Quinnjet airforce until they found out it was a mutant and turned off the lights in Avengers Tower. But i think it's so early in this plot that they still have a chance to address this without implying the Avengers actually don't care.

I think Bendis just tried to make it a moment similar to when Emma called out Ms. Marvel after the Decimation for the Avengers not being concerned with mutant issues, but sort of implied that they were actively ignoring them when a city full of lives was at stakes. Still the only way it will look bad in my book in the end is if they just don't address it again and just let Beast's angry rant be the final say on why the Avengers weren't there.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: lol scott summers is dead 0.0 along with magik and malloy. Also magik is becoming my new favorite

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: lol scott summers is dead 0.0 along with magik and malloy. Also magik is becoming my new favorite

Lol yea dead of course they are....i'm sure he wont be up and awake by the end of this issue

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

That moment with Emma and Ms. Marvel was very good btw! Loved KY Emma, overreacting when stressed, manipulating when protective and always having her own agenda.

It also makes no sense for Beast because of Illuminati he's part of, he can't be just blown off, it feels unnatural within the larger MU context.

Points I raised are contradicting, but at the same time they appoint the ultimate problem of the X-verse these days. Because well A vs X sentiments are all over the places, and somehow X-men always look worse, they always incompitent, and they always need help, from beyond the time or from elites. Meh, this is tiresome. Well, in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all I can say is f*ck bendis

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Lol yea dead of course they are....i'm sure he wont be up and awake by the end of this issue

thats true. also maybe magik planted the dead bodies to buy some time. they wont look for them if they think there dead. at least bendis got to kill his own main character and get to bring him back. plus i think bendis likes beast better because bendis kinda looks like beast

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I actually forgot he is part of the illuminati. ...hmm thats actually very strange then that he would even go that far into the "Humans Supers don't care about mutants" path

As I said before though, theres a reason the X-Men looked incompetent. They were an army on Utopia and after the Schism the JGS was supposed to be the less powerful but more idealistic side....then AvX left them as the ONLY side....led by people who were supporting members in the Avengers. And while Aaron on his own was harmless, when he was writing the only book for the JGS mutants and had them struggling to beat 12 and 13 year olds it's bad, since if they can't get shine in their own title they can't be expected to be held up in another one. Nowadays half the people at the JGS who would be considered powerhouses (Frenzy or Warbird anyone?) don't get panel time and the JGS looks very minor league because it's leadership is stretched so thin.

That said K&Y (hmm...pattern maybe?) are giving the JGS a little bit of that major league feel again. Their first arc, while not extremely interesting, showed that while the Avengers were dealing with border crisis and the fall out of the Wendigo situation the JGS team was brawling it out on the front lines and saving an entire country. And now they even have a full team ready to handle the Juggernaut...i have faith that this side might actually be able to hold their own.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

I could've dealt with the fact that it's all a result of Schism and AvX if not for one minor aspect, it lasts way too long already. Two years since AvX, three from Schism, it has to stop. They don't have to agree with each other to do their own things. And Avengers, I don't even think Xmen were mentioned in their books even right after AvX. This is insane and counterproductive for all sides of the conflict.

Yeah I agree, this Juggernaut arc made me somewhat excited, and while WWV was pretty lame, I'm worried for Yost without Kyle lol He tends to mess up alone. Let's see how this arc plays out.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Moonlighterstone

Bendis screw everything ever since HOM and AVX. He screw Magneto's power. He's making Cyclops a maniac, insane, villain man. Brought the 05 for some reason. Created the Phoenix 5 to have them lose everything. Made Scarlet Witch an extremely powerful being. Made Hope a useless character after AVX. Changing the fact that Xavier is in a wheelchair b-cuz of Magneto (pretty much he's using the film to match the book for some reason. I guess Remender would be happy about that lol). I think Bendis, Remender, and Fraction are prob the worst writers ever... IMO.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By adamTRMM

@moonlighterstone:

Bendis Cyclops villain? Really? His Emoclops is so watered down I can't understand why people say that.

And AvX wasn't just on Bendis, lots of writers worked on that... thing as well.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@moonlighterstone:

Bendis Cyclops villain? Really? His Emoclops is so watered down I can't understand why people say that.

And AvX wasn't just on Bendis, lots of writers worked on that... thing as well.

Lol

Well, he killed Xavier, never went to trial cuz he escaped, had an assassin team called XF, and I recently started reading UX and he seems to B interesting in MM for some reason. A crazy, lost, confused mutant that just popped up out of nowhere and had killed people already. I think the new omega level mutant threat can't B trusted.

I think that would B enough evidence to C Cyclops as a villain so far and yes, he's a wuss lol.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EC2277

Yes, he is evil now, not bad, evil, very evil.

No Caption Provided

Jean said: «He did come here to kill you, Scott Summers.»

They are talking about Xavier's son and his destiny.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis screw everything ever since HOM and AVX. He screw Magneto's power. He's making Cyclops a maniac, insane, villain man. Brought the 05 for some reason. Created the Phoenix 5 to have them lose everything. Made Scarlet Witch an extremely powerful being. Made Hope a useless character after AVX. Changing the fact that Xavier is in a wheelchair b-cuz of Magneto (pretty much he's using the film to match the book for some reason. I guess Remender would be happy about that lol). I think Bendis, Remender, and Fraction are prob the worst writers ever... IMO.

on bendis tumblr page someone asked him how did magneto cripple xavier and he showed a pic of new x-men when xorn/magneto crippled him and put him in a tube naked. when xorn revealed himself to be magneto in new x-men

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: It wasn't something like Xorn who pretended to be Magneto, who pretended to be Xorn?

yeah it was! it was xorn being controlled by sublime thinking he was magneto......sheesh confusing much, only in comics, lol.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: So, Bendis is trying to re-recon Magneto to B Xorn when Marvel retconed Magneto was not Xorn? Don't Bendis knows he can't do a retcon on top of another retcon? lol. I guess this is Bendis and I truly can't wait to C his retirement.

Well that's just about right. Xorn wasn't actually Xorn, but Xorn's twin brother pretending to be Xorn pretending to be Magneto (what a confusion... I know lol). I thought Xavier and Magneto were on Genosha (in Excalibur)?

Plus in New Avengers, where Magneto was found writing a letter or a suicide note (can't remember correctly, but I will go back and reread it) while in the ruin of Genosha, Xorn appeared out of no where and possessed Magneto. Using Magneto b-cuz he was the one, the perfect one for the mutants survivor, and the one Xorn can only use. And right then in there, it was clear that Magneto wasn't Xorn, but Possessed by Xorn. Even Magneto was begging Sentry to kill him... b-cuz Xorn has revived many mutants that died during the massacre of Genosha, so the undead can defeat the Avengers. I remember seeing Sentry's reaction when Magneto told him to kill him. It was more like he knew it wasn't Magneto's doing. So I don't know what Bendis is thinking.

This is who I think Xorn is:

Universe/Timeline: Marvel Universe

Current Status: Deceased

Aliases: Magneto

Nationality: Chinese

First Appearance: New X-Men Annual 2001

Last Appearance: New X-Men #150

Cause of Death: Eviscerated by Wolverine in New York City

Powers and Abilities: possesses a microscopic star inside his brain

Affiliations: X-Men, Brotherhood IV

Bendis need to stop destroying characters and making them more complicated to understand. I think he made a mistake b-cuz Marvel won't even bother to go there lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adamTRMM

@moonlighterstone said:

Well, he killed Xavier, never went to trial cuz he escaped, had an assassin team called XF, and I recently started reading UX and he seems to B interesting in MM for some reason. A crazy, lost, confused mutant that just popped up out of nowhere and had killed people already. I think the new omega level mutant threat can't B trusted.

I think that would B enough evidence to C Cyclops as a villain so far and yes, he's a wuss lol.

Well, killing Xavier as far as I know is indeed a Bendis' contribution. But it had a huge context, calling it a cold blood kill is incorrect.

Magneto never had a trial for EMP that might've killed THOUSANDS, didn't see you complain about that ;)

Assassin team that saved Hope, dealt with Purifiers, Selene, Legacy Virus and a Nimrods Wave. Seems like assembling them was a good call, don't you think?

The way Cyclops "recruits" Malloy makes no sense, I call it poor writing. Guy just decimated a city, why would he care about mutant agenda? Cyclops, of all people should know that. I have no idea what Bendis is doing there.

Bendis turned him into a wuss, right until the end of Consequences and since Messiah Complex he is one of the most daring comic book characters of that time, with such a deep character development that is almost Claremont's Magneto level in quality.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what people are talking about because during AVX, Cyclops killed many people and was willing to kill all the heroes as well. AND he said he will do it again... AGAIN which mean he don't give it f^&%. Now he's using Malloy to destroy humanity (I mean what else?). People act like if Magneto is the only one who kill. Leaving out Apocalypse, Sinister, Stryfe, Phoenix, etc etc etc. What else U can consider someone who killed their own mentor, father, and family?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: cyclops is the new magneto and wolverine is the new xavier. well now storm is the new xavier cause wolverine is dead

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.