Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Update of X-Men Sub-teams

FernandoGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By FernandoGrey

I say that the Earth team need to be in three teams: Yellow team: Cyclops as Leader; Violet team: Storm as leader; Red team: Wolverine as leader. Each team have their own authority and they can have as members anyone volunteer or chosen by leader. Headquarters updated for any new threat prevention and any team need for training, studies, and shelter. Headquarters location: yellow- Jean Grey School for Higher Learning; Violet: Muir Island; Red: Australia Old X-men Headquarter. Now the map of the territories that each team are in charge.

No Caption Provided

Yellow team: Cyclops, Sunspot, Warpath, Magma, Magik, Magneto, Aurora, Emma Frost, Three in One, Danger, Madison, Doc Nemesis, Rockslide, Moonstar, Multiple Man, Archangel, Dazzler

Violet team: Storm, Beast, Gentle, Banshee, Mercury, Dust, Captain Britain, Meggan, Fantomex, Vanisher, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Sabra, Oya, Anole, Hellion, Dr. Kavita Rao

Red Team: Wolverine, Psylocke, Iceman, Gambit, Cecilia Reyes, Surge, Darkstar, Armor, Jubilee (with her previous mutant power), M, Sunfire, Blindfold, Domino, Puck, Collective Man, Blink, Deadpool

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Spawn92

I really enjoyed this concept. I always loved the idea of having a United Nations of mutants. Because, by the looks of things, the only problem is in North America.

I think this would require some more teams though, like have a mutant or 3 represent Russia, a few for England ,etc.

But overall, I would read this.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Like the concept, but I'd re-allocate some of the team members.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By XsPectre28

so rachel, cable, x-man, & rogue arent on a team.......... no thanx id demand a re sorting & shuffle

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By papad1992

Really cool concept... where's Colossus!? :P

I'd read this in a heartbeat, and enjoy it too. Unlike today's comic books, back then the threat was worldwide, and writers tended to this idea regularly, with various missions off US grounds, even with the creation of X-Corps was the idea fleshed out a bit more. Now it seems that only mutants are being "reborn" in the US, or in close proximity!

This idea suits well for the current situation the mutant community is in. If a team member didn't like who they were with or where they were, they could transfer to a different sanction! Really like this idea...

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dangallant984

@FernandoGrey: maybe it's because when I think of the X-men, I think of them travelling all over the world to do missions anyway, but I can't help but feel that having this many X-men teams, with this many members each, makes all of the characters seem a lot less special.

Even if, say, each team had it's own book, each book would have such a huge cast that it would be hard to give any of the characters the attention that makes the comics so great. maybe if any one of those teams were the entirety of the X-men, spread over a few books, I could see it, but..

I like when different teams have different purposes or methods that make them distinct (more like your last thread), but this sort of feels like there's just fifty-something X-men spread randomly all over the world, so I'm having a hard time seeing the story potential with this one...

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I really like the concept, but think you should add Karma since she actually represents a foreign country and has the potential to be a power player there. Also, Northstar and Aurora & Richter and Shatterstar should be on the same team IMO. It's a shame that TPTB don't do something like this instead of lumping everyone into the U.S.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dangallant984

@PhoenixoftheTides: I guess, but with the notable exceptions of the all-new, all-different X-men and the original New Mutants, most of the characters are from the 'states, so why shouldn't they be based there?

FernandoGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FernandoGrey

Guys, Guys, this blog theme is a continuity of my other blog team: What if the X-Men form sub-team!!! Updated. You can find there what happened with the missing members. Thanks!!!!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dangallant984

@FernandoGrey said:

Guys, Guys, this blog theme is a continuity of my other blog team: What if the X-Men form sub-team!!! Updated. You can find there what happened with the missing members. Thanks!!!!

yeah, I read that one (and I liked it a bunch, actually!), but I still stand by my comments on this one.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dangallant984 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides: I guess, but with the notable exceptions of the all-new, all-different X-men and the original New Mutants, most of the characters are from the 'states, so why shouldn't they be based there?

Because I think the rest of the world has a lot more story possibilities, and the whole "All superheroes are in the U.S./NYC" thing is a bit done to death :)

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dangallant984

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Because I think the rest of the world has a lot more story possibilities, and the whole "All superheroes are in the U.S./NYC" thing is a bit done to death :)

those are both good points, and I do think that the X-men should think of the whole world as their jurisdiction, but isn't that what they have jets and teleporters for?

don't get me wrong, I usually think it's cool when the X-men move somewhere new, I liked a lot of early Excaliber for that, Muir island was cool, SF, Australia, even Utopia was interesting, conceptually. I just don't think that where their based out of should matter to where the stories are set, or where their missions take them.

I mean, the concept of there being a school seems pretty key, but other than that, the X-men travelled around the world and across the universe before they ever changed bases. And the first time they did, they really lost something by separating themselves from the school (which, to my mind, should be their first priority).

All that said, I have been wondering if Storm might end up enlisting the aid of Gateway or someone so that she can base her team apart from the school. Psylocke's not supposed to go to the school now, apparently, and who knows where Rogue will be based if she's on the X-men and the Avengers. She could base the team out of the outback, and just set up agents all over the world, for if and when the story takes them there. To me, that just makes more sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.