Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny Xmen vs Amazing Xmen?

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
    Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What's the difference? Who's in which? Which one is better? Why are there two Xmen series? Etcetera, etcetera....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Well there are 2 X-Men books (really like 4 before the Secret Wars hiatus) because it's a franchise with alot of characters and multiple settings.

Amazing X-Men- Focus' on the X-Men living and teaching at the X-Mansion while they go on more Sci FI and magical based adventures. Cast is - Storm, Iceman, Firestar, Rachel Grey, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Northstar...(eventually Colossus joins).

Uncanny X-Men- Is the flagship title (whether we like it or not). It Focus' on Cyclops small band of X-Men as they prepare for a "revolution" in the face of continuing threats and back strides for mutant kind. Cast is- Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magik, Magneto, The Stepford Cuckoo's and four powerful new mutants they recruit. (Also Dazzler, Maria Hill and the Amazing X-Men cast make regular appearances).

The other two titles are-

All New X-Men- A story about the time displaced Original 5 X-Men as they attempt to adapt to the current time frame. (They do very little toward this end however the book ties in closely to Uncanny). Cast is Teen Jean Grey, Teen Cyclops, Teen Iceman, Teen Beast, and Teen Angel. (Kitty Pryde appears as their mentor/babysitter and X-23 later joins the title)

X-Men- The story of a loosely grouped team of X-Men at the X-Mansion (who happen to all be female) as they handle attacks on the school, student body and the planet from various sources while slowly becoming more of an effective an unified team. Cast is- Storm, Rachel Grey, Psylocke, Jubilee, and Monet. (Rogue, Beast, Kitty and the X-Men students alternate appearances)

Really you have to read Uncanny X-Men to get the direction of the franchise. While Amazing is probably the least important title and the weakest overall in the bunch. Uncanny and All New start off very strong but both begin to go downhill fast (All New at rocket pace). While X-Men pretty much stays consistently solid/ok and Amazing X-Men remains mediocre with few issues that are really..."amazing".

In order of Importance
    1- Uncanny
    2- All New
    3- X-Men
    4- Amazing

In order of quality:
    1- X-Men
    2- Uncanny
    3- All New
    4- Amazing

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All new 1 - 1

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Also is Wolverine dead? If so, does he just disappear from Amazing Xmen?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Yes he is. And he kind of does, since inbetween arcs he disappears and it gets brought up that he died by several members of the team.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny x-force wins

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: There any plans to bring him back?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: i think wolverine was encased in molten adamantium without his healing factor

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Nothing concrete...though there' a belief that an alternate Universe version of him (Old Man Logan) will be added to the main Universe after Secret Wars.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Is the ultimate version where didn't develop his powers naturally, but rather the result of super-soldier type experiment? Or am I horribly off? (sorry for my cluelessness, I'm new to comics)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Honestly it could be since I remember him being called super soldier at one point....but I really just don't know. It's not the regular Wolverine though.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

@koays: Meh. Close enough. Wolverine's the only reason I'm reading Amazing Xmen. (I'm that type of person). Ultimate Wolverine is still alive, right?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: No, Long dead. Ultimate Mag's killed him down to the molecule. If your reading for just Wolverine your in the right place

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Wait.. so if he's long dead, how are they to add him to the main universe? (assuming that the rumors are true). Same applies if they just resurrect 616 wolverine.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Old Man Logan is from a different alt Universe than Ultimate Wolverine. 616 Wolverine will still be "dead" after Secret Wars, the rumor is just that Old Man Logan will be brought from his universe to the 616

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Oooh. Sorry, my bad. I misread 'alternate universe' to be 'ultimate universe'. How embarrassing :3

How does Old Man Logan compare to 616 and/or ultimate Logan?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Lol Idk how to explain it with out ruining the story but basically he's from a timeline where all the heroes of Marvel were beaten 50 years ago and a much older Wolverine finally gets pulled into fighting some of the villains who have conquered the world.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Cool, I might check it out. If it's good enough I might start hoping that Old Man Logan joins the main continuity.

BTW thanks for your help. Really appreciated :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Sorry to bother you again, but what's gonna happen to Ultimate Wolverine's son, Jimmy Hudson, during/after Secret Wars?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: During it, he'll be a member of the Ultimate X-Men in the "Ultimate End" book (minor role). After...who knows.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Possibly join the main continuity?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: Very slim chances....I mean from the Ultimate X-Men he's one of about 4 character (the others being Kitty, Jean and Mach 2) that are relevant enough to make the cut. But in the grand scheme of Ultimate Marvel...the only character that matters is Miles Morales

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.