Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny X-Men #6

BRAZEKOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BRAZEKOOL

Questions that have arisen now that I've reached the point that Marvel Unlimited will allow me to for the time:

Q1) Can someone please explain to me everything they know about the Stepford Sisters (or the "cuckoos"). I must have read 20-30 issues of a few lines recently with them appearing in it but it's not clearly stated who they are. They sarcastically refer to Emma as their mother, but she rebuts with "I know I am not your mother" when trying to win their affection... they have a modified version of Emma's powers, and are almost physically identical to her, so who are they?

Q2) The last panel of Issue #6, that IS Emma right? I got very confused because I had assumed she'd been dragged to Limbo with the others... how is she THERE? Talking to what I can only assume is (Director?) Maria Hill?

Q3) I thought someone else took over being sorcerer supreme? Apparently it's still Dr. Stephen Strange... what am I getting confused with? Is there any story in any version of anything where he's not sorcerer supreme?

Also, how is everyone finding these new X-comics? I wish I knew what has happening with current issues but I'm enjoying the ones I currently have access to a lot. "All-New X-Men" in particular is probably one of my favourite comic-books of all-time now, I hope it is consistent at least... some of those covers for more recent issues are such a tease. If anyone's actually got spare codes that they're not using for that series (from buying in print) I'd be extremely grateful to have access to those ahead of time.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The cuckoos were created and cloned from Emma's DNA, so they're often considered Emma's clone daughters.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

All-New X-Men is very good. Amazing X-Men is off to a terrific start.

I like Uncanny, but the art for the 2nd arc is completely whack if you ask me. It looks terrible. Stick through it though, cos its much better afterwards.

BRAZEKOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cuckoos were created and cloned from Emma's DNA, so they're often considered Emma's clone daughters.

Oh thank you (this has been irritating me for a couple weeks now... ), I don't suppose you remember the series there this happens? I should like to see it first-hand. I'm appreciating them a lot more with the recent comics. Especially when they demonstrate their ability (seemingly easy for a psychic I guess?) to dispel any feeling of fear and whatnot from an entire group to allow them to perform better in battle... that just has amazing implications for future applications... but now I can't understand why none of the other mutants with psychic abilities didn't make use of this potential in combat earlier...

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q3) I thought someone else took over being sorcerer supreme? Apparently it's still Dr. Stephen Strange... what am I getting confused with? Is there any story in any version of anything where he's not sorcerer supreme?

the is no current sorcerer supreme, Brother Voodoo died trying to destroy agamotto & the eye was destroyed. Dr. Strange i guess just uses the title but he does have the full S.S powers. & also in this arc Magik went to the past to get Dr. Strange to train her while he was still technically the S.S

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@brazekool: The cuckoos were introduced by Grant Morrison, in New X-men circa 2001. They haven't gotten much character development since. I think Bendis is trying to give them some much needed shine.

However, in X-men Phoenix: Warsong (the follow up to X-men Phoenix: Endsong) circa 2006 it was established where the cuckoos came from.

I would advise reading all of New X-men. But Warsong... You can find enough information about online.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I uh, would ruin some of the story if i answered this correctly but uh if you really want to know

magik can teleport via space and TIME the dr strange she is talking to is from the past before any of the silly AVX happened, so in the past he is still SS

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler

All-New X-Men is very good. Amazing X-Men is off to a terrific start.

I like Uncanny, but the art for the 2nd arc is completely whack if you ask me. It looks terrible. Stick through it though, cos its much better afterwards.

No Caption Provided

but then some people, like me, absolutely loved the work of Frazer Irving. I wish he was still on the book, personally; besides that I just love his style (especially his faces), I found that it gave the book (and the characters) more of it's own distinct identity to have him drawing it.

Bachelo's hit or miss for me anyway, but he's also drawn dozens of different X-men books; having him as the artist on Uncanny' does nothing to make it look special. That said, I do recommend sticking with it either way; with the exception of Battle of the Atom, this has been a great series so far.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@oldnightcrawler: /shrug. It was crazy weird to me. All blurry and blargh.

To each his own lol

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

To each his own lol

basically my point.

and that I agreed with your point that the series has been worthwhile regardless of the art.

BRAZEKOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brazekool: The cuckoos were introduced by Grant Morrison, in New X-men circa 2001. They haven't gotten much character development since. I think Bendis is trying to give them some much needed shine.

However, in X-men Phoenix: Warsong (the follow up to X-men Phoenix: Endsong) circa 2006 it was established where the cuckoos came from.

I would advise reading all of New X-men. But Warsong... You can find enough information about online.

I have since read Warsong and that really cleared some stuff up. They're pretty cool. What's the main theme of end-song?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.