Uncanny X-Men #3 Preview - MINOR SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY

#1 Posted by CTG (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I'm a bit hype.

#2 Posted by McKlayn (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

finally we get to see some one call cap out on his half of the entire mess,

btw i love the way the kids are being written, totally freaking out by the presence of the avengers, also like to add how ballsy it is of Cyclops, Emma & Magik to be standing there all calm with some of the more uh 'elite' avengers ready to take them in.

#3 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how gutless Emma, Cyclops and Magik are, why the hell are they so calm after being confronted (once again) by Captain America? Doesn't he understand he doesn't control the X-Men by now? I mean he tried taking Hope into custody look what happened, is he going to really try and do the same right now?

That being said, does he even have any jurastriction in Australia to arrest them or take them into custody? I don't think so.... step off Cap.

#4 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel like Scott will imminently start getting on my nerves. 'So do you' is just irrational.

#5 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightHaunter said:

Feel like Scott will imminently start getting on my nerves. 'So do you' is just irrational.

...which is why he wouldn't have said it if he hadn't had something to back it up.

I'm as curious as Hawkeye on this one.

#6 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why, but the title of this thread makes me chuckle.

#7 Edited by chiq (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

Minor spoilers part 2...Emma sounds more like Emma, Magik has a new codename and Scott gets a free PR boost for his revolution.

#8 Posted by CTG (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Minor spoilers part 2...Emma sounds more like Emma, Magik has a new codename and Scott gets a free PR boost for his revolution.

That second page, LOL.

First page isn't loading for me though...

#9 Edited by chiq (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@CTG said:

@chiq said:

That second page, LOL.

First page isn't loading for me though...

First page is all Emma. Yeah second page is lol...I wonder if Illy disobeys Scott, it seems like she's in the mood for a fight.

#10 Posted by CTG (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok first page is working now. LOL @ Hawkeye.

Bendis took who could've been an overly tense situation (which I was hoping for) and injected it w/ a ton of humor

Bravo.

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Pour it on Scott!

#12 Posted by Veitha (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

C'mon Emma and Scott, tell them how stupid they are! I love this(I would have liked Emma saying "darling" or something that Emma would actually say, but that's cool)

#13 Edited by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers is...... yes stupid, since calls them stupid, I might as well call the avengers stupid and pile of bul*****!!! Sorry for Avengers fans!

#14 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Bachalo really did a good job. Still hate scotts new skullcap x thing.

#15 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay... this issue actually makes me kinda want to pick this book up. Scott and Emma are rocking in this one. Oh, and Magicbus is awesome.

Fair play.

#16 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally agree with a comment above would love Emma to have at least used the word darling once - I get that Bendjs is trying to make her more civil and "innocent" or whatever but don't forget she's not a totally different person!

#17 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:@CTG: @Veitha:

where did you find this it wont let me enlarge the picture or anyone tell me where they found this plz

#18 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm... Australia has had superheroes. Probably not during her time as a kid but there have been a few. Like: Lifeguard, Slipstream, Gateway, Tailsman, among others!!

#19 Posted by benjaminkch (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I love how gutless Emma, Cyclops and Magik are, why the hell are they so calm after being confronted (once again) by Captain America? Doesn't he understand he doesn't control the X-Men by now? I mean he tried taking Hope into custody look what happened, is he going to really try and do the same right now?

That being said, does he even have any jurastriction in Australia to arrest them or take them into custody? I don't think so.... step off Cap.

This^ :)

#20 Posted by Oscars94 (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Love these scans! Why does the Hulk have armour that makes no sense- LOL! This scene could've turned South really easily.

#21 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta admit, based on what I heard from Avengers fans, I was expecting Bendis to ruin the X-Men. I have never been so happy to be proven wrong!

#22 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

This books just keeps getting better and better. I actually love that it's not a fight, at least physical, from the start, and that Scott's plan from a beginning is calmly running away, not getting involved in a fight against the Avengers. And the fact that everything is getting recorded, like most of us knew would happen, I'm guessing it will make the Pro-Mutant crowd even bigger.

Emma, Scott and Magik are really shining, and the new kids are getting more and more likable, at least in my opinion.

Finally, LOL at Hawkeye not helping Tony at all, and Emma and Scott calling the Avengers out on their bs.

#23 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@GonnaRain said:

Finally, LOL at Hawkeye not helping Tony at all, and Emma and Scott calling the Avengers out on their bs.

Fighting BS with BS.

S'pose it makes sense.

#24 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

@GonnaRain said:

Fighting BS with BS.

S'pose it makes sense.

It depends, because the X-Men know that what they did was wrong, Scott accepted on killing Xavier since the beginning, but the Avengers were the ones playing Nuns the whole AvX event, and they still do. Tony did cause the disruption that merged the Phoenix with Cyke and co., and they keep pushing and pushing the P5 to the point that they needed to fight back. So, I agree with pretty much everything Emma and Scott are saying (minus the Cap being responsible for Xavier's death as well, I really want to know what arguments Scott holds to support that claim, because if someone is to be accused of being somewhat indirectly responsible would be Tony, not Cap).

The Avengers STILL chasing Cyke and co. around is a waste of time, at it seems hypocritical to call them out for "violence" against the police, when the actions of the police against mutants have always being everything but pacifical.

#25 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@GonnaRain:

Eh, I'm not arguing whose more at fault, I just don't think Cyke is actually making an argument to the Avengers. I think he's mainly just BSing for the cameras in an attempt to drum up support for his team. Trying to assign blame when it comes to things like the Phoenix Force is pretty useless in the long run.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not being condescending about BS. For heroes like Spidey, Hawkeye, and others, BS is one of their main weapons.

#26 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

@GonnaRain:

Eh, I'm not arguing whose more at fault, I just don't think Cyke is actually making an argument to the Avengers. I think he's mainly just BSing for the cameras in an attempt to drum up support for his team. Trying to assign blame when it comes to things like the Phoenix Force is pretty useless in the long run.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not being condescending about BS. For heroes like Spidey, Hawkeye, and others, BS is one of their main weapons.

Well, I actually share most of your points. The way Scott is looking at the camera, it's kind of obvious that he knows that video will help their cause, so yeah, I'm with you that he's also making a show for the camera, trying to play his cards right. Still, I just think it's not all BS, trying to share the blame for Prof. X's death certainly is, but the X-Men do have some points.

#27 Posted by McKlayn (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@GonnaRain said:

@TheCowman said:

@GonnaRain:

Well, I actually share most of your points. The way Scott is looking at the camera, it's kind of obvious that he knows that video will help their cause, so yeah, I'm with you that he's also making a show for the camera, trying to play his cards right. Still, I just think it's not all BS, trying to share the blame for Prof. X's death certainly is, but the X-Men do have some points.

Not really, look at it this way, if Tony would of never divided the Phoenix Force Scott would of never become Dark Phoenix, so how is cap Responsible, lots of ways if you read the entire series and it's tie ins. Most importantly he continued an underground group to fight the phoenix, constantly attacking them when they were still doing good, he also called a meeting on the illumanti to bring Professor X into the Fold, he tried several times to convince Professor X to help before the professor finally joined up (which if that would of never happened then he would of never died, Cap wanted professor X cause he knew he could press Scott's button's) So cap's direct actions honestly seemed like an attempt to get Cyclops to go all dark phoenix just so he would be right, so yea he killed Professor X just as much if not more then Cyclops (when you consider Cyclops was possed by a cosmic entity and he wasn't) so i don't think it was a big leap,.

It has been my opinion from the start that both Scott and Cap were equal parts responsible for EVERYTHING AVX including the fall out, the return of the mutants and the death of professor X, it just seems that Cap doesn't want to take any of the blame, so this issue really does my heart good :D

#28 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

It has been my opinion from the start that both Scott and Cap were equal parts responsible for EVERYTHING AVX including the fall out, the return of the mutants and the death of professor X, it just seems that Cap doesn't want to take any of the blame, so this issue really does my heart good :D

Well, let's keep in mind that Cyclops was still the deciding factor in the end. I'm not saying Cap maybe shouldn't have been so aggressive, but in the end it was still Scott who pulled the trigger, so to speak. When it comes to murder, the "this guy kept bugging me about it" defense doesn't hold much water. Of course, there's also the Phoenix corruption to address as well, but I think you have to be careful not to assign TOO much blame to Cap. I mean, if you're trying to take or talk down Scott Summers you'd go to those who know him best. That's either Jean or Charles, and Jean wasn't an option.

#29 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@GonnaRain said:

@TheCowman said:

@GonnaRain:

Not really, look at it this way, if Tony would of never divided the Phoenix Force Scott would of never become Dark Phoenix, so how is cap Responsible, lots of ways if you read the entire series and it's tie ins. Most importantly he continued an underground group to fight the phoenix, constantly attacking them when they were still doing good, he also called a meeting on the illumanti to bring Professor X into the Fold, he tried several times to convince Professor X to help before the professor finally joined up (which if that would of never happened then he would of never died, Cap wanted professor X cause he knew he could press Scott's button's) So cap's direct actions honestly seemed like an attempt to get Cyclops to go all dark phoenix just so he would be right, so yea he killed Professor X just as much if not more then Cyclops (when you consider Cyclops was possed by a cosmic entity and he wasn't) so i don't think it was a big leap,.

Prof. X decided in his own free will to try and handle Cyke. I won't deny that the Avengers, and specially Cap, were the ones trying to make him take part in the whole mess, but Charles rejected them at first, and if IIRC, the one that managed to convince him at last was Erik. Still, at the end Charles got into all the Phoenix business because he chose to.

So, anyways, a lot of people are to blame indirectly for his dead, like I said before Tony should be one of them, but like said, it was Scott who pulled the trigger at the end.

Anyways, I was, and still am on the X-Men's side, and I believe that the Avengers did screw up big time in some occasions during AvX, but Cyke did as well, and Charles dead is the biggest example, even with the Phoenix corruption.

#30 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: haha I love the ''Did he actually call a time out?''

#31 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to go Emma. o/

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

So far I like what Bendis is doing.

#33 Posted by G_I_R_L (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik: "Creating epic moments since the 80s."

#34 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@GonnaRain said:

@TheCowman said:

@GonnaRain:

no what im most shocked about avx is scott summers turned dark phoenix and didnt die whilst jean grey who turned dark phoenix had to die....it really bums me out and prof x had to die for no reason except to make scott looks bad.........i hope prof.x doesnt stay dead for to long

#35 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

@McKlayn said:

Well, let's keep in mind that Cyclops was still the deciding factor in the end. I'm not saying Cap maybe shouldn't have been so aggressive, but in the end it was still Scott who pulled the trigger, so to speak. When it comes to murder, the "this guy kept bugging me about it" defense doesn't hold much water. Of course, there's also the Phoenix corruption to address as well, but I think you have to be careful not to assign TOO much blame to Cap. I mean, if you're trying to take or talk down Scott Summers you'd go to those who know him best. That's either Jean or Charles, and Jean wasn't an option.

a shadow figure of what was supposed to be jean grey did tell scott to let go of the phoenix force but why couldnt she do that before charles xavier died and i guess jean's spirit is taking care of prof.x in the white hot room or something

#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE:That wasn't Jean Grey's "spirit", that was Jean Grey. That was also horrible writing. I wouldn't wish AvX on my worst enemy.

#37 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

TIME OUT! TIME OUT!

#38 Edited by G_I_R_L (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Will someone tell me what happened to Danger? I must've missed the comic where she was removed as I swore she helped break Scott from prison.

#39 Posted by chiq (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@G_I_R_L said:

Will someone tell me what happened to Danger? I must've missed the comic where she was removed as I swore she helped break Scott from prison.

she left them in that same comic.

#40 Posted by CTG (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@G_I_R_L said:

Yep. Like right after she helped break them out.

#41 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@G_I_R_L said:

Wait, what? So it was in Consequences, right?

Where did she go exactly, or why did se leave? I read that issue and I can't believe I missed that part.

#42 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to go Emma?

Really?

Her entire speech was utter and complete garbage. I can not believe (well, no -- I can) how many people are cheering this on like it's woohoo -- Emma's back!

Every word was a straight out pathetic attempt at spin doctoring and Bendis decided this is the stance he will take when it comes to what she and her other X-Men did while under the Phoenix's influence ...just...

-_-

It's stupid. Very. As for humour? Seriously?

Yeah -- another bottled water moment. Do people even read what's in those bubbles?

Edited to add: I can't stand it. It's getting really hard to read this.

#43 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Way to go Emma?

Really?

Her entire speech was utter and complete garbage. I can not believe (well, no -- I can) how many people are cheering this on like it's woohoo -- Emma's back!

Every word was a straight out pathetic attempt at spin doctoring and is Bendis decided this is the stance he will take when it comes to what she and her other X-Men did while under the Phoenix's influence ...just...

-_-

Yeah -- another bottled water moment. Do people even read what's in those bubbles?

Not to mention that the second she starts speaking more than two sentences she's instantly shut up by Scott. Oh, and I love how the swearing makes this so real. IT'S JUST SO &@%#ing REALISTIC!

And then we have the fact that everyone in Australia is barely able to speak even monosyllabically.

#44 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@lykopis said:

Way to go Emma?

Really?

Every word was a straight out pathetic attempt at spin doctoring and is Bendis decided this is the stance he will take when it comes to what she and her other X-Men did while under the Phoenix's influence ...just...

-_-

Not to mention that the second she starts speaking more than two sentences she's instantly shut up by Scott. Oh, and I love how the swearing makes this so real. IT'S JUST SO &@%#ing REALISTIC!

And then we have the fact that everyone in Australia is barely able to speak even monosyllabically.

LOL

Oh -- I thought the Australian bit was spot on....

#45 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@lykopis said:

Way to go Emma?

Really?

-_-

LOL

I don't know what you're talking aboot, eh.

#46 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Lyko. Tell us how you really feel.

*offers hugs*

#47 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@lykopis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@lykopis said:

Way to go Emma?

Really?

-_-

LOL

I don't know what you're talking aboot, eh.

Sure --- you just keep "waltzing" your "matilda" there buddy...

@DarkxSeraph said:

Wow, Lyko. Tell us how you really feel.*offers hugs*

I am holding back, a LOT.

#48 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Lyko- (damn this not being able to @Reply at work.. grr) I look at it this way... baby steps in the right direction. It is an improvement, at least, right?

#49 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and thanks for getting a Tom Waits song stuck in my head, btw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.