Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

uncanny x-men 29 discussion

• 62 results
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hi, who knows what happened in UXM? It was sold out at my comicbook store

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AwesomePerson

^^ Literally that...

The will hasn't been read out fully yet and Matthew Malloy plot is still going on...

It probably will be resolved in March because the solicits mention him and Cyke apparently turning full villain...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5 god_spawn  Moderator
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is one of those issues you don't really wanna spoil by trying to explain what happened. Theres no way to do it except to right two paragraphs and then a third on what it all could mean.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three words that will explain everything:

To be continued...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Well this is one of those issues you don't really wanna spoil by trying to explain what happened. Theres no way to do it except to right two paragraphs and then a third on what it all could mean.

i dont care spolier away.....i cant get one :(

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Three words that will explain everything:

To be continued...

oh i get it it looks like magik and scott and matthew all died lol to be continued but magik saves them, next issue

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 god_spawn  Moderator

@hopesummersforthefuture: If you want a recap of the issue:

Magik goes to visit Strange in hopes he might have something to help with Malloy. Magneto shows up and lectures Scott about how far gone he is. Scott in turn calls him out on what he has done in the past, and that while he and Magneto may have the same end goal, their ways of going about it are much different. Magneto tries to tell Malloy something but is teleported away since Malloy doesn't like him. Magneto is teleported to the Xavier school and Magneto blames himself that he did not help Cyclops after Xavier's death, and that Scott had a nervous breakdown after his death and he is now putting themselves in harms way, not intentionally though. Tempus has the idea to go back in time and tell Xavier about Malloy in the hopes that it will alter the future and save them. Beast talks with the Xavier School professors and the JGS team that no one is going to help them, but he hacked far in enough that SHIELD is planning to kill Malloy. Malloy and Scott talk with Malloy appreciating what Scott is trying to do but Malloy feels himself is too far gone and too dangerous to be around. Scott is insistent on trying to help and that he can save lives. Malloy tells him that is what Scott does, but not him. But they are both killers in the end and goes on about not belonging again. Scott tells him he doesn't know that, but Malloy tells Scott himself doesn't know that. Scott seems to doubt himself at this point and Magik shows up with the Eye of Agamotto. She tells him that it will reveal if he is the help they need or what they fear he is. Then the Helicarrier comes and blows them up. Tempus goes back in time and finds Xavier.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: If you want a recap of the issue:

Magik goes to visit Strange in hopes he might have something to help with Malloy. Magneto shows up and lectures Scott about how far gone he is. Scott in turn calls him out on what he has done in the past, and that while he and Magneto may have the same end goal, their ways of going about it are much different. Magneto tries to tell Malloy something but is teleported away since Malloy doesn't like him. Magneto is teleported to the Xavier school and Magneto blames himself that he did not help Cyclops after Xavier's death, and that Scott had a nervous breakdown after his death and he is now putting themselves in harms way, not intentionally though. Tempus has the idea to go back in time and tell Xavier about Malloy in the hopes that it will alter the future and save them. Beast talks with the Xavier School professors and the JGS team that no one is going to help them, but he hacked far in enough that SHIELD is planning to kill Malloy. Malloy and Scott talk with Malloy appreciating what Scott is trying to do but Malloy feels himself is too far gone and too dangerous to be around. Scott is insistent on trying to help and that he can save lives. Malloy tells him that is what Scott does, but not him. But they are both killers in the end and goes on about not belonging again. Scott tells him he doesn't know that, but Malloy tells Scott himself doesn't know that. Scott seems to doubt himself at this point and Magik shows up with the Eye of Agamotto. She tells him that it will reveal if he is the help they need or what they fear he is. Then the Helicarrier comes and blows them up. Tempus goes back in time and finds Xavier.

oh awesome thanks :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 god_spawn  Moderator
    EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EC2277

@awesomeperson said:

^^ Literally that...

The will hasn't been read out fully yet and Matthew Malloy plot is still going on...

It probably will be resolved in March because the solicits mention him and Cyke apparently turning full villain...

Bendis said: «Cyclops will redeem, but in a way that no one will expect.» ;-)

I think that the Cyclops' journey in the abyss of the hell, is still far from being able to say concluded. But in the end of his journey, he will be able to find again the straightforward pathway; to use the words of Dante Alighieri.

P.S. From Marvel.com: «…sometimes the scars become too much to bear, and the ruby glasses come off.»

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: • CYCLOPS at a crossroads! Magneto…Matthew Malloy…the Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier…AXIS…all of these pivotal events have driven this already tempestuous mutant to the edge of disaster.

• Will Scott Summers save himself from ruin or will he make that fateful leap?!

^.^ That is what Marvel says about Uncanny X-Men 32...

I don't want Cyke to turn full villain, but the way Marvel are handling anything X-Men, makes me believe that a little more...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: • CYCLOPS at a crossroads! Magneto…Matthew Malloy…the Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier…AXIS…all of these pivotal events have driven this already tempestuous mutant to the edge of disaster.

I don't want Cyke to turn full villain, but the way Marvel are handling anything X-Men, makes me believe that a little more...

it would be a big change for cyclops if he did turn full villain even magik was suspicious

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson said:

it would be a big change for cyclops if he did turn full villain even magik was suspicious

The way the X-Men are being handled by Marvel, I actually wouldn't be too surprised...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think the "will" will end in uncanny x-men 31 because the uncanny x-men volume 5 the omega mutant starts with 26-31

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson said:

i think the "will" will end in uncanny x-men 31 because the uncanny x-men volume 5 the omega mutant starts with 26-31

Yea... Probably

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@awesomeperson said:

It couldn't be so simple: in Axis Scott inverted was evil, then we can suppose he is still good. Besides several times it was to refer to the death wish of Cyclops; for example Illyana in Uncanny X-Men 27 said: «Tell me again how you don't have a death wish.»

I think he would have a trend in some way similar to the trend of Jean in Dark Phoenix Saga: a progressive "damnation" with a final redemption. Probably with a tragic and redeeming death, in order to leave the new future, which will be born after Secret Wars, to the Original 5 and the others heroes survivors.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can't believe that they are still on this damn Will. Bendis is dragging this out painfully. Seems like we've had events start and end as well other story arcs come and go and they are still reading a Will and dealing with a new mutant. I guess the revolution will never happen huh. Feels like we been on the same story for a year and the premise of the book is not being accomplished. There are so many throwaway pages where nothing is really happening or there is just useless dialogue, the last 2 or 3 issues could have been condensed into one. And by the way have they forgotten how Xavier actually got in a wheelchair? oh an the most powerful mutant ever got killed by basically a drive by shooting? ...... yyyyyeeeaaahhhh thats a stretch

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 god_spawn  Moderator

@ec2277: Scott is no longer inverted after Axis. He was reverted back to normal at the end. An aside from that, I think you might be grasping at straws with the Magik quote and Marvel has no indication they are rebooting post secret wars to make the 05 the new x-men.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EC2277

@god_spawn: Really there are a clue: in an issue of Fantastic Four (I don't know what is that issue) Valeria Richards said that after the last battle she and her brother Franklin will forge a new future and this will be their death.

No Caption Provided

Anyway I don't have the arrogance to do previsions. I have only described a possible alternative scenario, which could match with what Bendis said Bendis about Cyclops: «It’s exciting to come into a book with a character that is this out there as far as story goes. And I’m sure there are some people reading this that are going, "there is no way that you’re going to get him back to a character that is perceived as heroic by the other heroes." There’s no way there’s a road of redemption for this character. There is, and it’s not the one you think it is.»

Through the eye of X-Men: Cyclops

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@ec2277: There are things said in comics all the time about futures and they don't happen or don't happen the way they were said. And what Valerie said doesn't mean it will end in a reboot. This is still just speculation by people, not yet a confirmed fact and with the higher ups expressing dislike about reboots quite a bit, I will take their words over fan theories that have been the same for almost every event for the last few years that have all come to be false.

As far Cyke goes, still speculation.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EC2277

@god_spawn: Obviously, all of you write only speculations, because no one know what Marvel will do with its characters, its titles and its stories. Then I repeat: I don't have the arrogance to do previsions, I have described only a scenario which could match with that Bendis said and I don't have still see a proof that Cyclops will turn into a villain (like Strife was), then I pretend to believe in Bendis.

Will Cyclops turn into a villain?

It's possible. Possible, not certain.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Will Cyclops turn into a villain?

It's possible. Possible, not certain.

I think this basically sums up the entire scene with Magneto.

The previous issue had him sound more like a jaded X-Man who is looking for a way to really effect change in the world after years of struggle and what he could perceive as their greatest triumph going up in a literal flames during AvX.

This issue makes it seem like he's alot further gone then we realized. Up until now there's been a clear divide between what people like Beast, Wolverine and Kitty have said about Scott (calling for genocide, gone completely mad, willing to do anything) and what we've actually seen of Scott (remorseful for actions, rescuing/supporting young mutants, and generally just doing all the things that he's always done).

Reading this issue is like the confirmation that all the characters who said he went off the deep end even when he was just saving mutants were right about him even though we haven't really scene any evidence. It's almost like the characters knew something we didn't and while i'd prefer that their were hints to suggest he might be going one way or another before just throwing it at us, i sort of like the idea that Cyke's closest friends and allies know him a little better then the readers.

On the other hand, The Magneto interaction aside.... the biggest evidence for Cyclops having snapped is that he talked a powerful mutant out of killing himself (or letting others do it) in misery and offered him a place on his team....so not all that villainous.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EC2277

@koays: Ninety two minutes of applause!

That is exactly what I think. There is only a reflection that I want do about the dialogue between Beast and Storm in Uncanny X-Men 27, but I shall do later.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: How did this issue exactly show how Scott has become further gone from the previous issue or that the other X-Men were right about him? Because Magneto said he was? If anything, I thought we saw him being angry for get chastised by Mags, and both calling each other out on their BS. And that we also saw Scott sort of doubting himself later on with the interaction with Malloy before Magik showed up. I didn't get anything from those scenes that made it seem like he was further gone. Maybe I'm interpreting it in a different way, but I'd like to hear your reasoning for believing so.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: We've never seen him manipulate a confrontation verbally like that. Magneto was there only to say he disagreed and Scott sort of played it in such a way that Malloy wouldn't want to hear anything he had to say about him. He didn't want Magneto there and he made sure he was gone by the end of it. And considering the last time we saw him and Magneto together it wasn't a very aggressive confrontation, its almost like he was doing it just to make sure that he Malloy didn't hear anyone but him.

The fact that afterwords, Magneto basically says what everyone else has been saying about him being out of control makes me feel like this was a step closer to the edge that we hadn't seen in the previous issue, where he could've just been interpreted as taking the Xavier approach to giving new mutants a future to fight for. This time he's up to something and he doesn't want anyone else interfering.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays:

We've never seen him manipulate a confrontation verbally like that. Magneto was there only to say he disagreed and Scott sort of played it in such a way that Malloy wouldn't want to hear anything he had to say about him. He didn't want Magneto there and he made sure he was gone by the end of it. And considering the last time we saw him and Magneto together it wasn't a very aggressive confrontation, its almost like he was doing it just to make sure that he Malloy didn't hear anyone but him.

The fact that afterwords, Magneto basically says what everyone else has been saying about him being out of control makes me feel like this was a step closer to the edge that we hadn't seen in the previous issue, where he could've just been interpreted as taking the Xavier approach to giving new mutants a future to fight for. This time he's up to something and he doesn't want anyone else interfering.

I didn't interpret it that way. I saw Scott getting mad at Magneto for lecturing him and Scott giving it right back in defense and not wanting him to interfere. My problem with your interpretation is that Scott didn't know what happened to Magneto afterwards and he did show concern for Magneto by questioning what happened to him and where he sent him.I didn't get any after sign from Scott that he intended it to go that way, or that he wanted it to happen like that. Malloy also said that saving lives is what Scott does, and that Scott truly feels he is balancing things out by saving more lives than deaths. Malloy made it seem like that once they have killed, that is the end of it. They can't justify it in some way. And I felt like in that last conversation with Malloy that Scott was starting to doubt himself a bit when Malloy told him he, as in Scott, doesn't really know that Malloy belongs with them. And we know Malloy has been inside Scott's head. If he were truly felt like he was being manipulated, he would have seen Scott's endgame. I took the whole scene with Magneto and that exchange later that Scott goofed up a bit and is maybe second guessing his decision by trying to recruit Malloy. The thing with Magneto saying he is far gone is Scott is so adamant about recruiting such a powerful and unstable mutant, and that it makes Scott almost like the Magneto of old. That is how I interpreted Magneto saying Scott is endangering them.

But anyway, I can see where you are coming from. I don't agree with it and view things differently, mainly with Scott showing concern for Erik even when he was just teleported away, but he though Malloy possibly killed him and showed concern for when learned he was just teleported. I think that is the big difference between our point of views. Still, I guess that is what makes this run fun for me is seeing how different people are viewing the arc at the moment and Scott's controversial characterization.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't interpret it that way. I saw Scott getting mad at Magneto for lecturing him and Scott giving it right back in defense and not wanting him to interfere. My problem with your interpretation is that Scott didn't know what happened to Magneto afterwards and he did show concern for Magneto by questioning what happened to him and where he sent him.I didn't get any after sign from Scott that he intended it to go that way, or that he wanted it to happen like that. Malloy also said that saving lives is what Scott does, and that Scott truly feels he is balancing things out by saving more lives than deaths. Malloy made it seem like that once they have killed, that is the end of it. They can't justify it in some way. And I felt like in that last conversation with Malloy that Scott was starting to doubt himself a bit when Malloy told him he, as in Scott, doesn't really know that Malloy belongs with them. And we know Malloy has been inside Scott's head. If he were truly felt like he was being manipulated, he would have seen Scott's endgame. I took the whole scene with Magneto and that exchange later that Scott goofed up a bit and is maybe second guessing his decision by trying to recruit Malloy. The thing with Magneto saying he is far gone is Scott is so adamant about recruiting such a powerful and unstable mutant, and that it makes Scott almost like the Magneto of old. That is how I interpreted Magneto saying Scott is endangering them.

But anyway, I can see where you are coming from. I don't agree with it and view things differently, mainly with Scott showing concern for Erik even when he was just teleported away, but he though Malloy possibly killed him and showed concern for when learned he was just teleported. I think that is the big difference between our point of views. Still, I guess that is what makes this run fun for me is seeing how different people are viewing the arc at the moment and Scott's controversial characterization.

I get what you mean. I think you misinterpreted me, in that i don't feel that Cyke has gone from zero to villain in one issue or even two. Scott didn't want Magneto to say what he was going to say, and while he definitely didn't want him dead...he said alot more in their exchange then Magneto did in a lot more of a defensive way. Considering how powerful Malloy is, I don't see why he would want to have this fight right then and there and go about it in that way except to protect the connection that he'd just started to form from Magneto. He doesn't want him dead or hurt, but he really didn't want him there while he was talking to Malloy. And the way i read it was just more defensive then were use to even this new Scott being. Before Magneto had even gotten around to the lecture part, Scott was on the offense with "Please tell me you have a problem with this."

To me as important and introspective as the glimpse inside of Scott's head was into his motives, objectives and the doubts he has over his actions; the conversation with Magneto revealed just as much of the change in character. It seemed less like a reinforcement of what we learned about him last time and more like a addition to it.

I agree with the different interpretations in this run point though. As much as X-Men fans get to complain about how bad things are or how writing sucks, its refreshing to debate about character interpretation rather then story quality.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@god_spawn said:

I get what you mean. I think you misinterpreted me, in that i don't feel that Cyke has gone from zero to villain in one issue or even two. Scott didn't want Magneto to say what he was going to say, and while he definitely didn't want him dead...he said alot more in their exchange then Magneto did in a lot more of a defensive way. Considering how powerful Malloy is, I don't see why he would want to have this fight right then and there and go about it in that way except to protect the connection that he'd just started to form from Magneto. He doesn't want him dead or hurt, but he really didn't want him there while he was talking to Malloy. And the way i read it was just more defensive then were use to even this new Scott being. Before Magneto had even gotten around to the lecture part, Scott was on the offense with "Please tell me you have a problem with this."

To me as important and introspective as the glimpse inside of Scott's head was into his motives, objectives and the doubts he has over his actions; the conversation with Magneto revealed just as much of the change in character. It seemed less like a reinforcement of what we learned about him last time and more like a addition to it.

I agree with the different interpretations in this run point though. As much as X-Men fans get to complain about how bad things are or how writing sucks, its refreshing to debate about character interpretation rather then story quality.

im going to have to buy the uncanny x-men vol5 the omega mutant 26-31!!!!!! also why is it called the omega mutant when he is beyond omega mutant

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@koays:

I believe I did. I guess what I interpreted what you said was that Scott planned for Magneto to be teleported away. I do agree he didn't want Magneto there and he was more defensive, that part was a given, but I think he just wanted him and Malloy by themselves until the connection or answer was given. Given all that Malloy has had to listen to between SHIELD, Xavier, the other X-Men's plans, Scott has really been the only one to try and help him without manipulating him. Well, he is sort of manipulating him, but I think Scott has made his mind and intentions clear enough to Malloy that he knows exactly what Scott wants to do with him. I think Scott is truly trying to help Malloy and his race, and people in general, but I think another way to interpret how far he has fallen is just how obsessed he seems about it right now. Scott wants to save EVERYONE. No one gets left behind. And I think maybe that could potentially be another thing Magneto was trying to get through to Scott. With that said, I still believe that while Scott didn't want Magneto there, he still stuttered when Malloy said he only teleported him away, so I don't think he was expecting Matthew to do that. And with Scott still seemingly starting to doubt himself later on, I don't think he is up to any ulterior motives than what we have seen or what has been said. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that part and just wait and see.

I do feel like it was more of a reinforcement. To me, I felt like it reinforced what Scott was saying in the last issue about being willing to do whatever it takes to get their equality and being willing to scare the hell out of people for it, but not wanting to have to go that far. I feel like we have had enough glimpses in his head and conversations with people that we know what he wants to do, or what he thinks he wants to do. And while he was more defensive, Scott at this point just seems more defensive anyway regarding how he is after being given this task by Xavier and the first revelation of the Will. Magneto showing up and immediately telling Scott he was wrong and has gone too far would exactly make Scott happy to see him. But the whole point of Scott kind of being taken back when Magneto was taken away, and trying to convince himself that he is so sure about Malloy were the big moments for me. It was subtle, but I think it showed Scott isn't so adamant in his path. We are usually shown that Scott is the stalwart leader, and willing to do everything for his mission, but we see him second guessing himself right now. To me, that is the big change.

Agreed. I am pretty excited to see Inverted Havok joining the team and what Bendis will do with it. Scott not being inverted and Havok being fully willing to kill everyone in a town that isn't an X-Men will make an interesting dynamic for them, and the team.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HAWK2916

I think the inverted Havok thing could be interesting as well. I kind of thought Havok was going this way somewhat without the inversion and since the event was not really good, I wish I could just dismiss it completely. Even without the inversion, Havok had a kid and I guess had found love with Wasp and had to sacrifice all of that for a world that still hates or fears him because of his x-gene. That in and of itself would make a person take a more harsh approach to any heriocs at least questioning whether humanity is really worth it or not.

I would think this could turn Havok into a Magneto lite seeing as how Magneto lost a daughter as well which contributed to his current path. This makes me wonder if the Xavier-Magneto dynamic is being developed in a new but in a much more profound way. If Scott is indeed questioning himself but still willing to do whatever is necessary to save mutantkind which is very similar to Xavier, seeing all the things Charles did over the years and Havok is feeling like humanity is not really worth it and the dream of equality is not feasible similar to Magneto, then the new dynamic of former allies now turned to brother vs. brother in Scott vs. Havok, would be a newer and even more profound take on the old but classic Xavier vs. Magneto former friends and allies.

Conversely this would inevitably add to the Xmen vs Avengers problem in that Scarlet Witch is yet again responsible somewhat for this and another Avenger in Iron man also helped, in that he kept Havok, himself and Sabretooth from being reverted back to themselves, which is basically what happened with House of M (Scarlet Witch) and finally AVX (Iron Man) as well. Now if it turns out that Wanda and Pietro are Inhumans or whatever ( not mutants) then you could almost have the Marvel U vs Xmen.

Either way i hope for something interesting to come out of this.

I also hope for better pacing which is my biggest and I feel a legitimate complaint about Bendis

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: It is most likely called "Omega Mutant" because it has gotten to Bendis and Marvel that there is no such thing as beyond Omega... There is just Omega Level and that is the maximum...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 god_spawn  Moderator

@hawk2916:

I would think this could turn Havok into a Magneto lite seeing as how Magneto lost a daughter as well which contributed to his current path. This makes me wonder if the Xavier-Magneto dynamic is being developed in a new but in a much more profound way. If Scott is indeed questioning himself but still willing to do whatever is necessary to save mutantkind which is very similar to Xavier, seeing all the things Charles did over the years and Havok is feeling like humanity is not really worth it and the dream of equality is not feasible similar to Magneto, then the new dynamic of former allies now turned to brother vs. brother in Scott vs. Havok, would be a newer and even more profound take on the old but classic Xavier vs. Magneto former friends and allies.

I'd actually really like this to happen, and I could see it. UXM 33 solicit did say things would be heating up for the Summers family, and while I admit I ate my words about Havok not joining, it will be cool to see how Havok impacts Bendis' story. He did say he had no intentions of using anything AXIS related, but the ending wasn't locked yet, and he had the option to get something an a killer Havok was it. Him having one Summers brother being on the road of a redemption revolution while still trying to help people, but in a much more Malcom X kind of way, to having the other brother being completely fine with genocide should certainly shake things up with Scott's current goals. And we have no real Wolverine at the moment to be that Xavier, I refuse to call Sabretooth Wolverine, so Havok would be that new Magneto or could be, while Scott ends up coming full circle. There are a lot of ways this could spin out under Bendis, so that is what I like about it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I'd actually really like this to happen, and I could see it. UXM 33 solicit did say things would be heating up for the Summers family, and while I admit I ate my words about Havok not joining, it will be cool to see how Havok impacts Bendis' story. He did say he had no intentions of using anything AXIS related, but the ending wasn't locked yet, and he had the option to get something an a killer Havok was it. Him having one Summers brother being on the road of a redemption revolution while still trying to help people, but in a much more Malcom X kind of way, to having the other brother being completely fine with genocide should certainly shake things up with Scott's current goals. And we have no real Wolverine at the moment to be that Xavier, I refuse to call Sabretooth Wolverine, so Havok would be that new Magneto or could be, while Scott ends up coming full circle. There are a lot of ways this could spin out under Bendis, so that is what I like about it.

wait, wait, wait......you guys wouldnt mind havok being the new wolverine, i would......its way out of character even if he is inverted

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@hopesummersforthefuture: No. I said that we have no Wolverine to be the Xavier to how Scott was considered the modern day Magneto. Havok in turn would be the new Magneto while he is all "I'm ok with genocide, guys" to Scott ending up going full circle to be the equivalent to Xavier, since right now, Havok should be more extreme than Scott.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: No. I said that we have no Wolverine to be the Xavier to how Scott was considered the modern day Magneto. Havok in turn would be the new Magneto while he is all "I'm ok with genocide, guys" to Scott ending up going full circle to be the equivalent to Xavier, since right now, Havok should be more extreme than Scott.

to bad havok isnt in uncanny avengers anymore..i liked him as a leader there. now its all screwed up. i liked how wolverine was the next xavier and scott was the next magneto its such a change for them both, frienemies ......they just need someone to take wolverines place as the new xavier, beast, maybe??????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I'm most interested in with Havok is whether or not Scott will try to change his brother back to normal or whether he will see it as an opportunity to help his own cause while having his brother at his side.

Or will this not be an issue at all? Are we supposed to believe that no one is going to notice or care that peoples minds have all been completely flipped? And whats worse, Havok is all the way genocidal....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 god_spawn  Moderator
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: I hope it is an issue. Havok I think right now is literally what Scott could become. We know right now that Scott still wants to save lives and have a place for mutants to have equal rights in their world. Havok is completely genocidal. Will Scott try and fix him? Will Scott treat him like Matthew Malloy and aim him where to go? The difference of the latter is Malloy is genuinely afraid of hurting people, Havok isn't. I really like the story potential this has.

And on a side note, what about Time Runs Out? We know in the future that Scott has Nation X and has really just established a new Utopia. I wonder how that will factor in with Bendis' plans?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I said Scott would end up being the new Xavier to Havok becoming the next Magneto.

nah!!! then scott wont be a BAD@$$ anymore. (its will be back to the boring days, utopia? anyone?)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 god_spawn  Moderator

@hopesummersforthefuture: Scott was badass before Utopia. And I think you're missing my point entirely on this discussion.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @koays did havok join scott at the xavier school at the end of axis i saw a pic of them hugging there but without the words???????

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HAWK2916

@god_spawn: yeah that could be very interesting. Especially considering Scott's team right now and their potential to kind of go either way when it comes to that divide. Magik has always been one that could be good or evil since her life has really been about suffering. Even the Apocalypse moto of survival of the fittest could certainly become Magik's whole thing considering her childhood or lack thereof. Dazzler is hellbent on revenge and seemingly single minded in this goal which could be expanded even further to fit a genocidal agenda. We know Magneto is that way and is willing to follow who he feels is the best suited for mutant survival. Emma is a bit of an enigma at the moment as far as what she's thinking but I think its well established that she enjoys power. This has the potential to go a number of different ways.

Not to mention that Havok has now joined a team with two members that can travel through time and his daughter us lost in the time stream. So in addition to the inverted genocidal Havok joining an outlaw team and possibly taking that premise further than any of them ever meant for it to go, there's also the potential ulterior motive factor when it comes to his daughter as well.And we know Bendis loves time travel stories

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.